Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
SFSBM

After watching the video of the truck and KIA many times, I have concluded that neither the KIA or the dark colored pickup truck had their headlamps, taillamps on the entire time they are seen on the video provided by LE. Only the brake lights of the truck are seen on the video and were out when the driver exited the truck and the right blinker of the KIA is seen when entering the scene but turned off as the vehicle approaches the truck. I think this was done more out of habit by the driver while making a right turn around the corner, than as signal to the driver of the truck.

With the truck and KIA meeting at that location almost at the same time, one would think both vehicles coordinated to meet there prior to arrival. With out further video showing if both vehicles entered the complex at the same time and just took different routes to get to the same location or if the truck was perhaps there ahead of time but parked off frame is not known to us. But I do believe the truck was involved before arriving at the complex and was not just called in by the perp(s) in the KIA to meet at the apartment complex as a get away vehicle.

JMO

I can agree to that notion of the truck and occupant/s having a direct involvement in the crimes other than what we've seen. I also feel others are accomplices but who knows at this point? Could've been just the two POIs the police noted.

Another thing I noticed about both vehicles, speaking of lights, is that neither vehicle had their interior dome lights turned on while they're stopped with both driver's doors open. I suppose that was intentional. I can see the truck's lighted instrument panel behind the steering wheel and a light on his truck's door near the bottom, but no overhead dome light is on. How heavily tinted are the truck's window as there's no light shining thru the rear window?

JMOO

A Kia Optima is a normal passenger sedan. It is not a “low rider.”

I am not sure because their 2013 KIA is a sporty model with about a 5.3" ground clearance. That's low to the ground for me, but what do car experts claim about a low riding car's GC? A Chevy truck has appx 10" GC. My SIL BMW has a 4.5" GC with skid plates to protect the undercarriage. One way to raise the GC is to put larger tires on the car. Their KIA doesn't look like it has big tires.
A full-term pregnant body getting that low to the ground so she can enter and exit their vehicle was probably not all that easy. I hope SS could manage it just fine, but might not wish to do it often so near the baby's past due date.
I do not know who owns the KIA vehicle nor do I know if SS could drive a car.

JMOO

I don't know what you would classify a Ford Pinto, but that's what I drove when I was pregnant.

Low Rider culture is not much prevalent in Texas. It's more of a California thing.

A Kia is just an inexpensive sedan. My son has a Kia. My daughter in law drove it when she was pregnant.
My son's Kia has a fairly low carriage - It helps prevent catalytic convert theft.

Anyway, I'm sure Savanah wouldn't have trouble getting in and out of the KIa.

However, I don't think that is her driving and getting out of the Kia because she was fairly large and pregnant. She would have waddled up and down. The person in the video is thin and agile.

Last edited:
@Friday Fan

Full agree about low rider sub culture being a California thing and that Kias are usually seen as basic transportation.

And now the "but"....

There is a car hobby interest in urban Texas centered on modifying and "souping up" small / low weight Japanese and Korean cars. Some of these models have the potential to be turned into mini drag race machines with after market engine parts, mufflers, and electronic fuel mixture components. Other modifications include lowering and custom rims.

And... wait, there is more: As you implied, the cost of some potential conversion cars such as Kias is low. This makes them that much more attractive to afficionados.

Last edited:
A Kia Optima is a normal passenger sedan. It is not a “low rider.”
Cars ride low for many reasons....

There is a pretty big hobby interest in urban Texas of modifying small / light weight Japanese and Korean cars up to the point where they become mini drag race machines. These modifications include lowering, added ground effects, custom rims and neat stickers etc.

I imagine "rice rocket" enthusiasts prefer certain Japanese models. But Korean Hyundais and Kias readily serve as starting cars for enthusiasts on a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant