MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that JW was a data scientist, meaning he works with statistics and information; not that he was actually a chemist in a lab. He works from home. I can't see him having a home lab as part of his job. Not only would it be hard to imagine logistically, I don't think his employer would allow that to happen for so many legal reasons, not to mention the landlord.

Even if he had chemical knowledge and dabbled in concocting chemicals -- which frankly I can't imagine he had the time for, considering the intensity of his work -- again, I can't see doing it out of his house.

As mentioned by others, if there was a lab set up in the house, he wouldn't have been let go and police certainly wouldn't have dismissed the idea of homicide right away. Everything wouldn't been confiscated from the house, and I believe he would've at least been arrested for possessing illegal chemicals and the setup.

I think that the family members seized on "he's a scientist" and decided that meant chemist and drug manufacturer.

Where did they come with this idea that he was making and selling drugs in high school? Is one of the family members claiming that they have personal knowledge of it, or is it the rumor mill going around and creating it out of thin air?

I understand the devastation of the families and their looking for someone to blame, but if they are making up this drug manufacturer thing because they think it will bolster a case that JW must've murdered their loved ones, I think they are playing with fire. Do they not have lawyers retained? Surely a lawyer would be telling them not to make such accusations.

My theory has been, and continues to be, that they all got a bad batch of something purchased on the street. It makes sense if the police are trying to access the guys' cell phones to see if anyone made a buy. Either JW didn't indulge in whatever they took, he had a smaller dose and the benefit of passing out inside, or he had a higher tolerance than the other guys did, which could explain his checking into rehab.

I apologise if I've missed this detail. Were any of the doors (specifically back doors) locked?

Because I can picture a scenario where the men were so drunk--or drugged--that they were hallucinating, imagining dogs that weren't there or people leaving the house when they hadn't left at all. If JW imagined his friends leaving by the front door and then unwittingly locked the back doors whilst they were still outside...

If the doors were unlocked that idea is obviously wrong, but the hallucinating part of it might still be correct.
JW's lawyer did say (paraphrasing) that when he walked them to the door, the front door, and said bye that he laid down on the couch and the door was unlocked, the three men must have come back in. JW's lawyer has said a lot though so it's logical to take it all in with a good amount of salt.
AJMO

JW's lawyer did say (paraphrasing) that when he walked them to the door, the front door, and said bye that he laid down on the couch and the door was unlocked, the three men must have come back in. JW's lawyer has said a lot though so it's logical to take it all in with a good amount of salt.
AJMO

But then why did the fiancee have to break in if the front door was unlocked? I'd try the front door before entering through a window!

Did JW lock it at some point between 2am on the night of the party and when the fiancee arrived at 9pm the next day? Did the friends lock it when they re-entered the house? It presumably was locked at some point.

I watched Banfield, an interview with the mother of one victim and an interview with the cousin of one of the victims last night, so not sure who said it, but one of them did: LE is looking into replacing or adding another group of investigators, as the first group did not do things they might should have. Like look into possible crimes committed, collect the backpack of one of the vicims which was left in the house with the victim's wallet, driver's license, cell phone, turn down families' requests to identify the bodies, telling them "they only do that in the movies", etc., etc.
Thanks for posting, I've tried to locate the interview.

Would you know....
Did they meet at the house?
We're all families represented?

During an appearance Wednesday on “Elizabeth Vargas Reports,” Alan speculated that Clayton’s death involved drugs.

“I think it’d be foolish to assume that there wasn’t drugs involved, especially now that Jordan has checked himself into rehab. I would imagine it’s drug-related.”

“I believe Jordan does know. And I’m asking Jordan to please come forward and tell the truth because he does know what happened that night … He’s the only one that can give all of our families some peace.”

Alan McGeeney, cousin of Clayton McGeeney, said he’s glad the case is being looked into by multiple departments.

“I’m glad this is being pursued further to give understanding to not only my family, but the families of Ricky and David as well.” Alan McGeeney said. “I don’t want to talk negatively of any police force. I respect them tremendously. While I’m sure they are trying to do their job to the best of their ability in this matter, sometimes a fresh new perspective can help move things along so we are glad that this is happening.”

Last edited:
But then why did the fiancee have to break in if the front door was unlocked? I'd try the front door before entering through a window!

Did JW lock it at some point between 2am on the night of the party and when the fiancee arrived at 9pm the next day? Did the friends lock it when they re-entered the house? It presumably was locked at some point.
True. Good point. But it wouldn't be that surprising to me if the doors were locked in the interim. Between 2am Monday and 9pm Tues is well over 40 hours. People have suggested in that time period JW should have gone to work for two days by "clocking in" from home, cooked food and sat in the breakfast nook to eat it by the sliding glass door, made coffee using tap water and looked out the kitchen window, looked outside to see the friends' vehicles on the street, tried to call the friend to pick up his jacket, tended to his dogs wherever they were, checked on his dad, checked FB, checked blocked calls/texts...surely he could have locked the front door. MOO.

Alan worked with Clayton regularly in construction.

During an appearance Wednesday on “Elizabeth Vargas Reports,” Alan speculated that Clayton’s death involved drugs.

“I think it’d be foolish to assume that there wasn’t drugs involved, especially now that Jordan has checked himself into rehab. I would imagine it’s drug-related.”

“I believe Jordan does know. And I’m asking Jordan to please come forward and tell the truth because he does know what happened that night … He’s the only one that can give all of our families some peace.”
Interesting. Maybe Jordan has already told all he knows to LE?
Does the family want him to come to them directly? Not likely, at this point, IMO.

There you go, I guess it was locked. So that puts into doubt all the other parts of what the lawyer said happened doesn't it or at least the order of things, like locking the door? JMO

Baseless? Doubt he used drugs? "The Chemist"? Who didn't come to the door? With 3 dead bodies on his property, friends of his? Who checked into rehab?
Yeah, loads of baseless accusations against JW. He must have seen out of the window, he must be lying about not seeing calls, he must be lying about not hearing the door, he must have known what happened or more than he's said, he must be on drugs because he's in rehab, he must be suspicious because a cousin of a friend told the press etc etc. Unless there is evidence I've missed to back up this speculation?

Alan McGeeney, cousin of Clayton McGeeney, said he’s glad the case is being looked into by multiple departments.

“I’m glad this is being pursued further to give understanding to not only my family, but the families of Ricky and David as well.” Alan McGeeney said. “I don’t want to talk negatively of any police force. I respect them tremendously. While I’m sure they are trying to do their job to the best of their ability in this matter, sometimes a fresh new perspective can help move things along so we are glad that this is happening.”
The cousin is talking mysteriously but not elaborating, just throwing out accusations without any supporting evidence other than rumours. So Clayton has the pharmacology knowledge and credentials, yet JW is the Chemist making concoctions for people. Who says it wasn't Clayton making the concoctions since he studied the field. IMO.

MOO- working in recovery and addiction I see this more than you can ever imagine. I would almost put money on fentanyl laced coke. Or even weed. They don’t look like drug addicts and yes, ADDICTS have a look I can spot a mile away.

I bet you these guys were hard working respectable members of society who like many professionals I know would do a line or a bump here and there and unfortunately got some really bad stuff. Or may have been pot smokers and again came across something laced with lethal doses of fentanyl. It’s a real thing- dealers are lacing even weed with it.

Many times when there is a bad batch of drugs being distributed in a community we see a sudden increase in fatal overdoses and they usually happen within the same day or 2.

Wonder if we can find out if there was a sudden increase in overdoses around that time?

I hope the family’s get the answers and closure they need soon.

ETA- this doesn’t mean that JW gave it them, or produced the drug. I have no clue if he is involved in anyway but I do know recreational or occasional drug users can sleep for days. I’ve witnessed it first hand a few times.

Last edited:
MOO- working in recovery and addiction I see this more than you can ever imagine. I would almost put money on fentanyl laced coke. Or even weed. They don’t look like drug addicts and yes, ADDICTS have a look I can spot a mile away.

I bet you these guys were hard working respectable members of society who like many professionals I know would do a line or a bump here and there and unfortunately got some really bad stuff. Or may have been pot smokers and again came across something laced with lethal doses of fentanyl. It’s a real thing- dealers are lacing even weed with it.

Many times when there is a bad batch of drugs being distributed in a community we see a sudden increase in fatal overdoses and they usually happen within the same day or 2.

Wonder if we can find out if there was a sudden increase in overdoses around that time?

ETA- this doesn’t mean that JW gave it them, or produced the drug. I have no clue if he is involved in anyway but I do know recreational or occasional drug users can sleep for days. I’ve witnessed it first hand a few times.
The police stated no concern to the safety of the community though. Does that statement indicate they did not believe there was a bad batch in the community? IDK.

The police stated no concern to the safety of the community though. Does that statement indicate they did not believe there was a bad batch in the community? IDK.
I see what you’re saying. But usually when I think of no concern to the community I think of it as there’s not a murderer roaming the community.

They wouldn’t be able to say that about a bad batch of drugs until toxicology reports were back. I would think.

Pure speculation here— the family of the victims may misunderstand JW’s work and have a deep mistrust of anything related to vaccines?
So they believe his highly successful research is actually “mixing up designer drugs” when in fact he’s creating vaccines against HIV?
I agree, it appears to me, some family do not understand different types of scientific research.

Wondering why the he didn't contact JW when his cousin did not return home.
moo ...

Baseless? Doubt he used drugs? "The Chemist"? Who didn't come to the door? With 3 dead bodies on his property, friends of his? Who checked into rehab?
Numerous allegations have been made about JW, but ATM they appear to be unsubstantiated. Just because someone states something, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is true.

If he is "the chemist", having only recently returned to Kansas, who was the previous "chemist", and is that person aggrieved that JW is back?

JW has had a very different life from the people making these claims, and IMO that may have created suspicion, and possibly jealousy towards him.

My guess is that he has returned to Kansas to be closer to his father who is suffering from Alzheimer's disease. That's a pretty agonising thing to be dealing with, and his job certainly sounds as though it is extremely intensive. I suspect that he has better things to do than concoct illicit drugs.

JMO

Yup, totally agree.

What's the look of an addict that you can spot a mile away?
I knew when I posted I probably should have worded this differently. Let me see if I can explain in a way that makes sense.

I see them everyday. Managing two recovery centers in the city of Richmond VA. Most (not all) are under weight, have sores (primarily meth addicts), the color of their skin is yellowish, they do not have vehicles, most do not have family support (because they at some point have to cut them off), most do not have jobs. Most do not have money to dress nice (jerseys aren’t cheap). Most do not have unsupervised visits with their children if any. Most sofa surf because they can’t maintain a permanent residence. This is most of the ADDICTS I encounter everyday.

Now, I do have a handful of people just like these guys who maintain a functional life. But they are usually there because they were prescribed opioids for surgery/pain and they are trying to wean off. Yes, they are addicted but they aren’t your average “street addict”.

Does this help?

All MOO and based on my experience has a manager of very busy addiction and recovery centers.

Numerous allegations have been made about JW, but ATM they appear to be unsubstantiated. Just because someone states something, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is true.

If he is "the chemist", having only recently returned to Kansas, who was the previous "chemist", and is that person aggrieved that JW is back?

JW has had a very different life from the people making these claims, and IMO that may have created suspicion, and possibly jealousy towards him.

My guess is that he has returned to Kansas to be closer to his father who is suffering from Alzheimer's disease. That's a pretty agonising thing to be dealing with, and his job certainly sounds as though it is extremely intensive. I suspect that he has better things to do than concoct illicit drugs.

JMO
Sure there are a few questions in there which relate to the topic after that is seems you made the assumption ,JW couldnt have being making and sharing drugs ,because he is of a higher class?

I knew when I posted I probably should have worded this differently. Let me see if I can explain in a way that makes sense.

I see them everyday. Managing two recovery centers in the city of Richmond VA. Most (not all) are under weight, have sores (primarily meth addicts), the color of their skin is yellowish, they do not have vehicles, most do not have family support (because they at some point have to cut them off), most do not have jobs. Most do not have money to dress nice (jerseys aren’t cheap). Most do not have unsupervised visits with their children if any. Most sofa surf because they can’t maintain a permanent residence. This is most of the ADDICTS I encounter everyday.

Now, I do have a handful of people just like these guys who maintain a functional life. But they are usually there because they were prescribed opioids for surgery/pain and they are trying to wean off. Yes, they are addicted but they aren’t your average “street addict”.

Does this help?

All MOO and based on my experience has a manager of very busy addiction and recovery centers.
Thank you for your work, you have a really tuff job. I'm in VA and very familiar with the situation in our state. Even in small towns, we see what you have described daily.

I agree, I don't believe any of the four were addicts. Just a group of guys, occasional partiers.
Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member