MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #4

I suspect people who did not die just did less drugs. Maybe on purpose, maybe by accident, maybe by luck. Jmo, i know this could be wrong

I think probably if someone has used something like cocaine in the past, and lo, they did not die.. they probably view warnings as being exaggerated. Jmo i think it lends to the normalization of it. I read a news story about a man who started using coke at 44, he didn't die, but bad things happened. It's hard for me to imagine a middle aged person suddenly getting into hard drugs but apparently sometimes they do. So, it is possible we have a similar situation except people died, idk.

Eta... And we know opposite effect drugs were being purposely used coke vs alcohol and pot.

Didn't anyone have to work on Monday?
Both CM and RJ had to work on Monday. They even called someone that evening stating they would fill in for a worker who I believe was a cousin who was injured, to take his shift. So it's obvious that whatever their plans, even if the plans included taking drugs, they never dreamed their lives would end that night. If my memory serves me, a couple of them worked for a relative who had a flooring business.

Last edited:
I have trouble imagining they decided to go smoke and all were able to wander outside after snorting or smoking so much fentanyl.
Well exactly.
I'm going with fentanyl laced weed, if that's even a thing.

Pot is stinky and the smell can linger on everything. It may be that JW didn't want people smoking pot inside his house for that reason.

Passing around a joint is a sociable and pleasant activity that can be done standing around outside and is the only reason I can think of why the guys went into the back yard.

But really, just waiting for the tox screen.

Well exactly.

Pot is stinky and the smell can linger on everything. It may be that JW didn't want people smoking pot inside his house for that reason.

Passing around a joint is a sociable and pleasant activity that can be done standing around outside and is the only reason I can think of why the guys went into the back yard.

Going outside to smoke makes sense. However, it is debatable whether pot is likely to be laced with fentanyl.

For example, from the link below "At its 2022 conference, for example, the Journal of Emergency Medical Services called fentanyl-laced cannabis a myth promoted by the media and law enforcement..."

MOO

Well exactly.

While the report hasn't been made public, the police do have it.

According to multiple sources close to the investigation, Kansas City police detectives informed McGeeney, Johnson and Harrington’s families on Thursday that the toxicology report showed traces of cocaine and fentanyl in the their systems.

Nothing about cannabis has been reported.

According to multiple sources close to the investigation, Kansas City police detectives informed McGeeney, Johnson and Harrington’s families on Thursday that the toxicology report showed traces of cocaine and fentanyl in the their systems.

We don't know if the reports in the press are accurate re: the tox results. But family members say the report indicated THC was also found.

“A family member, who asked to remain anonymous, tells me cocaine, fentanyl, and THC showed up in the preliminary results,” NewsNation’s national correspondent Alex Caprariello wrote on X.

“The family source says level 10 fentanyl is enough to kill. The #KansasCity3 were at level 30.” He later added that the information was “backed up and confirmed by a second, separate family source.”
MOO

We don't know if the reports in the press are accurate re: the tox results. But family members say the report indicated THC was also found.

“A family member, who asked to remain anonymous, tells me cocaine, fentanyl, and THC showed up in the preliminary results,” NewsNation’s national correspondent Alex Caprariello wrote on X.

“The family source says level 10 fentanyl is enough to kill. The #KansasCity3 were at level 30.” He later added that the information was “backed up and confirmed by a second, separate family source.”
MOO
Thanks. I apparently missed the report about the THC results.

Thanks. I apparently missed the report about the THC results.
Some press reports have only mentioned the coke and fentanyl. But it seems the only sources for the tox info we have at this point were the families who did mention THC. Some press reports have also mentioned "traces" of coke & fentanyl. While that term may be technically accurate in the sense it doesn't take much fentanyl to kill, I suspect that phrasing makes the drugs sound a bit more innocuous than they were. MOO

Some press reports have only mentioned the coke and fentanyl. But it seems the only sources for the tox info we have at this point were the families who did mention THC. Some press reports have also mentioned "traces" of coke & fentanyl. While that term may be technically accurate in the sense it doesn't take much fentanyl to kill, I suspect that phrasing makes the drugs sound a bit more innocuous than they were. MOO
Interesting about the "traces" part for the cocaine...

Traces?

I used to be addicted to cocaine. I was introduced to it during a party, when I was in my early thirties. It started out as a casual thing, maybe a few times a year. Then it turned into every weekend. Eventually I was doing it every day. Most cocaine users do not get to the level of use I was at. Many keep it to a minimum, and do it only at parties.

I've met many guys who did cocaine "recreationally", and many who were addicted and able to keep up a facade. Their wives usually had no idea what they did with their friends. Men who were in their 30s and 40s, who liked to "party" after some drinks. I've seen all types; from firefighters to lawyers to business owners. If you go out at night to a busy bar, you can find someone who is selling it or who "knows someone".

My theory is that I think these guys got a bag of coke that night. One of them opened it up, chopped it, and laid a few lines out on the table. Once the lines were cut, they each rolled up a bill, and snorted. Kind of like when you're having your first round of beer, you cheers one another before taking the first sip. Similarly, you all do your first line together.

Feeling good from the effects of their first line, they went outside to the back for a cigarette or to smoke a joint. Unfortunately, the cocaine was either laced or contaminated with fentanyl, and they fell over in a matter of minutes. They had no chance if they had 3X the lethal amount. In my opinion, unless the home owner was a fentanyl addict who used the drug daily, he would've also died if he did the coke. What I haven't figured out is why he would sleep for 48 hours.

I'm not trying to glamorize cocaine use. It is a horrible, horrible drug. It's gotten so dangerous to do, nobody thinks it will happen to them. A lot of people think it's fine to do once in a while. I really think this is a perfect example of how anyone who uses drugs, even only on occasion, is playing Russian roulette. You just NEVER know.

Last edited:
Interesting about the "traces" part for the cocaine...
Agree. It's hard to know what that means about the cocaine since some press reports based on anonymous sources also say traces of fentanyl were found. Of course, any toxic and/or illicit substances detected in the bloodstream technically would likely be at a trace-level in the sample given everything else that's in blood and how much blood the body contains so that the substance is diluted. But IF it is true family members were told all the men had 3 times the lethal limit of fentanyl in their bodies, calling that amount a trace seems weird even if that term is technically accurate.

It will be interesting when the full tox reports are released, assuming they are. And it could be other more esoteric substances will be found in the more extensive testing that was supposedly still going to happen (and take weeks to do.)
MOO

What I haven't figured out is why he would sleep for 48 hours.
I snipped.
I dunno how many more drugs we can stick to these guys. BUT. . .
Meth users have been known to sleep for 24 to 48 hours.I actually learned this while watching preliminary hearings in person at my local courthouse.
Also it is amazingly scary how meth addicts can run around for days and do the most sick crap ,then go home an sleep it off.
Meth has not been mentioned in this case so I am so confused about this case and why it appears SO methed up.
3 people died in the back yard?
Its crazy y'all.

I used to be addicted to cocaine. I was introduced to it during a party, when I was in my early thirties. It started out as a casual thing, maybe a few times a year. Then it turned into every weekend. Eventually I was doing it every day. Most cocaine users do not get to the level of use I was at. Many keep it to a minimum, and do it only at parties.

I've met many guys who did cocaine "recreationally", and many who were addicted and able to keep up a facade. Their wives usually had no idea what they did with their friends. Men who were in their 30s and 40s, who liked to "party" after some drinks. I've seen all types; from firefighters to lawyers to business owners. If you go out at night to a busy bar, you can find someone who is selling it or who "knows someone".

My theory is that I think these guys got a bag of coke that night. One of them opened it up, chopped it, and laid a few lines out on the table. Once the lines were cut, they each rolled up a bill, and snorted. Kind of like when you're having your first round of beer, you cheers one another before taking the first sip. Similarly, you all do your first line together.

Feeling good from the effects of their first line, they went outside to the back for a cigarette or to smoke a joint. Unfortunately, the cocaine was either laced or contaminated with fentanyl, and they fell over in a matter of minutes. They had no chance if they had 3X the lethal amount. In my opinion, unless the home owner was a fentanyl addict who used the drug daily, he would've also died if he did the coke. What I haven't figured out is why he would sleep for 48 hours.

I'm not trying to glamorize cocaine use. It is a horrible, horrible drug. It's gotten so dangerous to do, nobody thinks it will happen to them. A lot of people think it's fine to do once in a while. I really think this is a perfect example of how anyone who uses drugs, even only on occasion, is playing Russian roulette. You just NEVER know.
Thanks for sharing your experiences.

While we can't know what happened, the scenario you propose makes sense. It's never made sense to me to think JW just did a little less of the tainted cocaine or that he survived a large lethal dose that killed the others simply from being indoors. What doesn't make sense to me though is why the (tainted) cocaine was used so late at night and apparently used only late at night. IF the men had the bag of cocaine with them when they came to the house around 7 pm OR JW supplied it when they got there (unlikely IMO) wouldn't it have been "burning a hole" in the men's pocket?

Admittedly, we don't absolutely know that the cocaine was used only late at night but 1) both JW and AWL seem to have attested to the men being alive as late as midnight. There was also a mention by a family member of knowing his/her family member was alive after midnight. We don't know why the family member said that or how reliable that info was, of course. (Phone info may be helpful.) But I can't quite see JW and AWL colluding with each other to lie about the men being alive late in the evening. But IF the men were alive late, and IF they did have more than a borderline amount in fentanyl in their bodies, it's unlikely IMO they used cocaine from the same bag earlier in the evening.

My best guesses (and we are all guessing while we wait for more information) are 1) The men thought JW didn't want them using in his house so they waited for him to pass out or 2) they didn't want to pull it out while AWL was there or 3) they didn't acquire the drug until late at night.

I'd like to know more but I'm not so puzzled by JW's behavior during that 40+ hour period. I think the statements from his attorney have muddled things. He said he misspoke when he said JW was in and out of the house and he also clarified JW did not sleep for 48 hours straight. (I don't think he ever said JW had been asleep for 48 hours but media reports were full of claims--including claims from family members-- that JW had said he slept that long without waking up.)

If JW is a "binging alcoholic," I can imagine he could have been extremely hungover for those two days. I remember very long ago in college having some "lost weekends" myself after indulging in too much alcohol on either a Thurs or Friday night. And if I didn't have to go anywhere the rest of the weekend, I didn't even if it meant missing a planned social activity. And I "napped" a lot. By Sunday night I was usually feeling ok (but panicking about classwork I hadn't yet done.)

While we don't know how much alcohol was actually consumed, people have said the amount of alcohol seen carried in that night (neighbors saw 2 men bringing in 60 beers) wasn't all that much for 5 men to drink. Well, maybe. Seems to me drinking 12 beers in an evening is a lot even for a larger man since they undoubtedly drank while watching the game elsewhere before coming to JWs. We don't know why JW went to rehab but if it was for alcohol, I could see him being laid up on the 8th and most of the 9th just from alcohol.
MOO

It’s quite normal for people to use cocaine to ‘sober up’ after drinking, so doesn’t surprise me that it may have been late in the night when used. It could have been 2 of the 3 weren’t interested until they got drunk enough that they gave in to the third’s insistence they all party. Maybe someone rang their dealer friend at 2am because they wanted a pick me up before they left, especially as they knew they needed to work the next day, so might have wanted to perk themselves up.

It also isn’t strange to me that JW likely didn’t partake. My guess is his drug was alcohol. Not everyone with addiction issues uses anything and everything. I am a recovering alcoholic. I’ve never done coke in my life. I’ve smoked weed once ages ago. It’s not for me. In fact, I definitely wouldn’t be okay with friends using drugs in my house even if we were all drinking heavily. I’d make them leave or go outside to do it. Maybe the friends promised they wouldn’t or claimed they didn’t have any to not piss JW off by having drugs in the house. They went ‘outside for a smoke’ after he was passing out on the sofa so they wouldn’t get caught using at his house. All seems really plausible to me actually. JMO

It’s quite normal for people to use cocaine to ‘sober up’ after drinking, so doesn’t surprise me that it may have been late in the night when used. It could have been 2 of the 3 weren’t interested until they got drunk enough that they gave in to the third’s insistence they all party. Maybe someone rang their dealer friend at 2am because they wanted a pick me up before they left, especially as they knew they needed to work the next day, so might have wanted to perk themselves up.

It also isn’t strange to me that JW likely didn’t partake. My guess is his drug was alcohol. Not everyone with addiction issues uses anything and everything. I am a recovering alcoholic. I’ve never done coke in my life. I’ve smoked weed once ages ago. It’s not for me. In fact, I definitely wouldn’t be okay with friends using drugs in my house even if we were all drinking heavily. I’d make them leave or go outside to do it. Maybe the friends promised they wouldn’t or claimed they didn’t have any to not piss JW off by having drugs in the house. They went ‘outside for a smoke’ after he was passing out on the sofa so they wouldn’t get caught using at his house. All seems really plausible to me actually. JMO
I can believe the 3 men suddenly decided to try to score cocaine late at night. I can also believe they might not have pulled out their stash in front of JW or AWL. What I find very hard to believe is that they had the cocaine all night but intentionally "saved it" to use late at night after drinking for many many hours. And they planned to use the cocaine right before they planned to go home. And that was only a few hours before they were supposed to be up to go to work. It could have happened that way but seems unlikely to me. MOO

What I find very hard to believe is that they had the cocaine all night but intentionally "saved it" to use late at night after drinking for many many hours. And they planned to use the cocaine right before they planned to go home. And that was only a few hours before they were supposed to be up to go to work. It could have happened that way but seems unlikely to me. MOO
I agree that coke burns a hole in your pocket, so to speak. Unless you're a very casual "recreational" user. I've met people who were able to hold onto bags for weeks. Another possibility is they had a dealer drop some off to them at the house.

Or, they had more than one supply of cocaine. Maybe one guy had a bit of coke he had bought from his dealer, while another one had some that he had scored in a bar.

They maybe did the first bag throughout the evening (they could've easily gone through a gram together) then opened the other bag when the first one was finished. Unfortunately, the second bag had fentanyl in it. To the reason for doing coke before bed-any user will tell you how horrible a coke come down is. That's why so many people use drugs like Xanax to help them fall asleep after a binge.

Users don't want to face the come-down, so they will continue using until the coke is gone. Cocaine is very powerful and mentally addictive. Once you start using a larger amount, it's very hard to stop and go to sleep. All you can think about is doing more. I'm not sure if they intended to drive but if they did, it's possible they did some to "sober up". Cocaine momentarily makes you feel more alert.

Last edited:
All imho
Under times of duress there is a tendency for fight or flight.
I think that the actions of JW indicate the second of these responses.
Ironically it could be both as he could well be fighting for his life in rehab.
I wonder if his attorney suggested rehab as a good defense under the circumstances or if he came up with the idea on his own.
Either way it was a brilliant move and hopefully a fruitful and productive one was well. I hope for JWs lasting sobriety.
I don’t doubt for a minute that JW was referred to as “the chemist” starting in high school per media interviews with the cousin of one of the deceased.
I personally don’t think for a second that JW did not allow drugs in his house or that his friends hid their cocaine use from him. That is a huge stretch for someone who was nicknamed “the chemist.”
I tend to think that JW may have been a more frequent user than his friends and that the three who perished outside may have smoked something that was laced with fentanyl that JW didn’t touch or that he indeed had stronger resistance to fentanyl than his friends had if the fentanyl was cut into the cocaine as seems extremely likely.
It makes no sense at all that cocaine was snorted outside of the house. That’s an indoor activity- especially on a cold, dark night.
JW may well have passed out before his three friends snorted cocaine in his kitchen then walked outside one after another while experiencing excessive sweating and body warmth while overdosing on the fentanyl.
I don’t think JW knew his friends were dead outside.
I think he must have gone into shock after their discovery.
I hope that phone records lead to the source of the tainted drugs and I hope the source is punished to the full and complete extent of the law.
This is still so shocking and sad- three overdoses all at once.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back