CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witness referenced Dr. Loftus in a chapter of a book written in 2014. But had never talked to her. Had never met MT prior to today.

JS: asked if she would have written a more in depth report if she'd been given more time.

Ah, it's done.

I kinda feel sorry for her as this is her first rodeo.
The courtroom is an adversarial setting - one side against another. Any expert witness who doesn't know that needs to learn it - their expert testimony is going to be challenged. It's part of earning the $600/hr these witnesses are being paid.

Expert: when people lie, they add too many details.... but that's not my area of expertise.
Damn! Now that is the money quote right there. You can tell when she is going to lie when her responses to LE start with a ramble about food she was going to make. If anything sticks out about MT’s delivery it’s too many details.

MM is savvy.
If a crime is committed in one language, English, is the person more likely to remember it if asked in that same language?
Encoding, etc.
Witness: yes.
Witness is being tough but MM is eventually able to crack her.

all of this does make me curious about the report (maybe that is the hope- get the jury curious about what they cannot see?)- though I more or less respect that the prior judge sealed it. It could make reference to the children (minors) and with all the stress of the divorce and FD acting out, I would be surprised if JD did not have some signs of stress or depression-that would be normal. IMO. However to bring the report in now, without the actual expert and with both JD and FD dead, it seems like it would be a mess. IMO.
With all we’ve heard about this report and the divorce proceedings I think whatever conclusions were reached must have been unreliable. FDs goal must have been to make the court believe he was the only sane person in those kids lives… such as this filing disparaging GF and requesting a psych exam:

The focus on having to leave the house every time the kids were there or on the frustrations of custody makes it more likely that MT and FD would be upset about the circumstances even if they are hopeful. Better to have JD gone than keep having to back to court.

Witness didn't waterski, went to the pond. Never met the children. Talked to FD about his frustration in not being able to see his kids.

Was aware that MT and her daughter weren't able to be around the kids.

Did she use disparaging language about Jennifer? Witness doesn't understand the word. Did she use bad words? Just small Spanish words.

Were you aware of a custody report?

Said there was a favorable report that he'd get his kids. At Greek Easter. End of April.

AF is asking who all was at Greek Easter....

AF: and Fotis was happy and celebrating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592