Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant the year 2022. The affidavit said the pictures in his phone were from 3/2022 to 12/2023…it is unknown how long the mother has been with this monster, so I was wondering if the abuse started when they met if he’s only been around for about 2 years..
That’s just what the media on his phone shows. So there are going to be videos and/or photos from that 2022 date, but that doesn’t mean the abuse didn’t begin prior to that. He just may not have recorded it, especially if he was slowly grooming her.

Hopefully they haven’t been together much longer than that initial date.

Says she wasn't reported missing until 20.00
Also worth noting - school doesn't start until 9:30 AM. I have to listen to Mom's interview again, but she mentioned that time line and I thought it was weird. But school just starts later for some reason I guess.

Here's the interview for those who may not have seen it.

ETA - Mom said she got up at 9:00 AM that morning.

So bad. This should have a warning. I wish I hadn’t read it. The graphic description is heartbreaking. Don’t read it before bed (but thank you for posting).

I think the safety protocols you teach your own three daughters, are worthy of repeating.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I do wonder about the family dynamic when the child doesn’t tell their mom about what is happening. I have three daughters and we have DRILLED into them the concepts of consent, unwanted touching and always being able to tell anything to a safe adult (ourselves and we asked each kid to name one safe non-parent). I don’t want to come across as victim-blaming the mom, I genuinely wonder, in cases like this, why the child doesn’t go to their mom. Do they see their mom happy and not want to ruin this, is the grooming such that it “sneaks up” - or most horrible - do they say something and it’s gets ignored or brushed under the rug? I also very much appreciate those of you on this thread who have shared about their “unsafe” homes - my heart goes out to each of you. Every child deserves a safe home!

ETA - I guess I am just wondering about the dynamics of THIS family. Did Madeline have siblings, an active bio-dad, grandparents. How long was mom with this “Life-partner” (which gives me the possible ick of trying to make a boyfriend sound more serious). There is so little information to draw from.

Also worth noting - school doesn't start until 9:30 AM. I have to listen to Mom's interview again, but she mentioned that time line and I thought it was weird. But school just starts later for some reason I guess.

Here's the interview for those who may not have seen it.

ETA - Mom said she got up at 9:00 AM that morning.
9:30 is really late - our middle school starts homeroom @ 7:30!

I meant the year 2022. The affidavit said the pictures in his phone were from 3/2022 to 12/2023…it is unknown how long the mother has been with this monster, so I was wondering if the abuse started when they met if he’s only been around for about 2 years.
Wow, he’s already a life partner. I thought that they’d been in a relationship for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started reviewing the details of this case.

It sounds like she was definitely seen on surveillance video the morning of her disappearance walking toward school but she never made it there. Wouldn't the suspect's vehicle also be seen on video if he followed or double backed to get her?

Is it possible she really did run away because of what was happening at home? I'm holding out hope that maybe she is alive but hiding somewhere.

I have been in her position, not feeling safe in my own home, and hoping with all my being that she took off

Oh, this IS really bad. This poor child. The dates make me wonder if he’s been in the picture only since early 2022….
I hate that I can read sometimes. I’m physically sick.

As others have said, I too find it very odd that LE hasn't released the footage of Maddie in the parking lot so the public could know what she looked like and what she was wearing so they could better be on the lookout for her.

I can't think of any instances off the top of my head, but it seems to me that this has been done in other cases of missing people.

[BBM]
The affidavit also states: "The mother advised her daughter's step-father, Stephan Sterns, picked her up from home and dropped her off at Hunters Creek Middle School . . .."

It states also that the abuse took place from 20 March 2022 to 3 December 2023. I wonder if the Mom suspected something was going on? Maybe he had previously been living under the same roof, but that ended due to her suspicions? Or, it could be that that time period coincides with the dates of the photos.
Likely the dates on the electronic items found on his phone.

So is there a chance she ran away? I saw her Father lives in Texas and is headed to help find her.

We haven’t seen anything about his day after he dropped her off. Where did he go, does he work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018