Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the no job alone is enough for me to be in interested lol
I mean technically he DID have a job at one point with Disney, but he obviously got let go or had to quit, who knows.

Imagine all her friends at school who now have heard what was happening to her at home? Where kids are meant to be the safest they ever will be - at their homes. With their loving families and who knows how long she was unsafe for. She wasn’t safe when he was there in her life. She may* not have been safe when mom was around because mom may* not have been available to or able to protect her. The hell and horrors this kid endured are astounding. All while mom somehow just didn’t notice? Ugh.

I’d be afraid for my kids and angry if any of Maddie’s friends have been around him or at the home. I think someone mentioned there were at least two of Maddie’s friends at her 13th birthday party…as a parent I’d be seething if those were my kids and my trust would be significantly damaged. Things like this are exactly why more and more parents are not allowing sleepovers. I get that not all sleepovers put children at risk for abuse, but it’s better to be extremely guarded about with whom they’re arranged and where, if at all.

I’ve never been SAd at a sleepover, but there was one time I almost was and another time where I was just visiting during the day and a friend’s older brother did some inappropriate and disgusting stuff in front of us. I was also bullied a few times. The world can just be such a cruel place for children.

Unfortunately for SS, he will likely be closely guarded in jail and prison due to the nature of his crimes and the publicity around it. Without being too specific, I hope he doesn’t feel safe in there and I doubt he’ll be making too many friends.

Does anyone know how often and to what extent he can waive appearances in court? I don’t like looking at him, but I do want to see a prosecutor rip him apart and I would like to see a judge admonish him for what he’s done. I do hope that no one bothers to show up to support him in any gallery…doesn’t deserve it IMO.

right...no lifeline for Madeline despite her forgetfulness, has ADHD, 'she says suffers' from anxiety, was re-evaluated for autism but she does not have it, just has some tendencies, "I dont think she would know her own address."

BUT, JS says:

socially, she's pretty great <---her words. o_O

obviously, she wasnt doing great. apparently, JS is quick to talk about Madeline's challenges but doesnt offer any insight as to how she assisted her. as you pointed out, making sure her phone is with her, should be part of a daily routine when she leaves the home.

wondering if anyone, friends or family, knew something was really 'off' with Madeline's behaviour, someone who witnessed a significant change in her, not the usual puberty angst. this abuse is shown to have happened several years prior. possibly before that and was continuing up to her death.

its difficult for me to believe JS did not know about it. Im wondering if Madeline had at one point, something that presented in her female region and/or mouth that went unreported by the mother, but was able to be treated outside of a medical consult. or something that could have been misdiagnosed for example as her having poor hygiene and explained away by the mother somehow.
I can almost understand not realizing repeated abuse as it becomes somewhat normal for the child. But I would think a parents would sense some wrong after the first time? This wasn't inappropriate touching. It had to have a major affect on her.

I can definitely see somethings as poor hygiene, but if Any of my children had issues with their private area I would immediately ask them if anyone was touching them. I bring up this topic often with my teen, especially when I read about this stuff. Just had this convo the other day, " no one is going to hurt you or me if you tell "

Thank you for that. After the original affidavit I’m glad I didn’t read.

After imagining the worst about SS, seems it was even worse than the worst. I know it’s been said they’re taking their time before pressing murder charges, but it still seems unusual to me that they haven’t said anything else to indicate how she died or who they did it. Do y’all think that means they’re still investigating who actually killed her or they’re just waiting until they press formal charges?

I will say at this point considering the amount of charges against him and the history it seems unlikely in my mind that JS was oblivious. One would hope she was, but five years and no awareness of what was going on? That seems crazy to me.
I’ve always thought that if there was to be more than one person charged in relation to Madeline’s murder, they’d file both at the same time.

A big part of that would be piecing together a complete timeline of that day, which would be more time consuming if neither SS nor JS were cooperating (I believe neither are).

Many times we already have more information at this stage, as the primary suspect has been charged with lesser crimes in relation to the underlying crime (kidnapping instead of murder for instance).
This is done to buy time and keep the suspect behind bars until more serious charges can be filed.

This one is a bit unusual as he’s got major crimes in a different case that already do that.

I mean technically he DID have a job at one point with Disney, but he obviously got let go or had to quit, who knows.

I’d be afraid for my kids and angry if any of Maddie’s friends have been around him or at the home. I think someone mentioned there were at least two of Maddie’s friends at her 13th birthday party…as a parent I’d be seething if those were my kids and my trust would be significantly damaged. Things like this are exactly why more and more parents are not allowing sleepovers. I get that not all sleepovers put children at risk for abuse, but it’s better to be extremely guarded about with whom they’re arranged and where, if at all.

I’ve never been SAd at a sleepover, but there was one time I almost was and another time where I was just visiting during the day and a friend’s older brother did some inappropriate and disgusting stuff in front of us. I was also bullied a few times. The world can just be such a cruel place for children.

Unfortunately for SS, he will likely be closely guarded in jail and prison due to the nature of his crimes and the publicity around it. Without being too specific, I hope he doesn’t feel safe in there and I doubt he’ll be making too many friends.

Does anyone know how often and to what extent he can waive appearances in court? I don’t like looking at him, but I do want to see a prosecutor rip him apart and I would like to see a judge admonish him for what he’s done. I do hope that no one bothers to show up to support him in any gallery…doesn’t deserve it IMO.

There is a thread on here right now about a father who drugged his daughters 3 12 yr old friends at her sleepover! Luckily one of the girls was awake enough to realise what he was attempting and texted her mum to come get her!.

MOD REQUEST:

There is some discussion on this thread about JS having bipolar disorder. Has this been confirmed anywhere? If so, please provide a link. If not, that discussion will be removed as rumor.

Thanks!

Knitty,
Does it count if mom herself posted about it to her IG acct? Specifically a selfie with text overtop that mentioned her depression and bipolar? I believe I could find it again and send it over but it was definitely her post on her social media. Pls advise.

Previously released Kissimmee Police Department affidavits detailing his arrest indicated he had been sexually abusing Madeline, who was reported missing Feb. 26 and was found dead days later, since at least 2022, when she was 11. It’s not clear from whether the new charges filed on Monday involve other victims.

Does it count if mom herself posted about it to her IG acct? Specifically a selfie with text overtop that mentioned her depression and bipolar? I believe I could find it again and send it over but it was definitely her post on her social media. Pls advise.
I looked - it seems it has been scrubbed cause I couldn’t find it anywhere.

This file has all the new things on the clerk's website today.

1. is the website
2. is the arraignment notice
3. is the information (and longest doc)

(warning: the information document is nsfl, very graphic)
ETA: Try this link if that doesn't work: Filebin | 84crzkqp8ii034r7
Everything is getting overloaded quickly!

Last edited:
RSBM

What reason do you have to believe neither are cooperating?
If he was cooperating then I think we’d have seen murder charges by now. It doesn’t appear he cooperated in finding her body, which is why it required a press conference.

The same applies to her as well. We already know she lied to police in regards to when she last saw her daughter, and with the public outcry against her as well, I’d imagine she’s lawyered up. Cooperating could really only lead to more charges against her unless she strikes some sort of deal.

I don't think she was in the trunk.

Looking at his arrest info, SS is 6ft 2 and over 200 pounds. MS was pretty small.

I think he just carried her out to the car, maybe in a blanket like Gemmie mentioned, was lucky and no one saw them. I think IF anyone has seen them, he would have just put her in the car and said she was not feeling well, was sleeping. Depending on the time, he could have made up something about her being sick, dr's appointment, etc. I wondered about this too when I heard there wasn't a garage, but I can see him just lifting her like you would a child, and having someone else open the car door, etc and in she goes.

If anyone saw this, especially in our "post pandemic" world, we wouldm't think "moving a body/" We would think "hope she feels better."

JMO!
Totally agree! I've seen the layout of their community online & I don't think it would be as hard as one might think for him to get her body to the car undetected and/or unquestioned.

You see a child being carried to the car with a blanket over them and you think sick or sleepy, not dead. Imagine if a neighbor was outside & it gave them pause. I could see SS rolling his eyes & shrugging, "Teenagers, am I right? So hard to get moving in the morning."

Most of us just aren't invested in their neighbors lives the way we used to be. "See something, say something" is a thing because people weren't saying anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleyrose