Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting points.
I’m stuck on why move the body at all??
Allegedly the incident happened in a remote area, with no witnesses, accused not known to police in a substantial way and not connected to the victim in any definite way (thus far has/has not fully been established). Why not just walk or drive off??

Because, I guess,
it was allegedly HIS routine way home after club hopping with booze and substances.

And a lot of ppl know about his typical route home.

So,
he could become a suspect if a body was found along this way.

JMO

Interesting points.
Allegedly the incident happened in a remote area, with no witnesses, accused not known to police in a substantial way and not connected to the victim in any definite way (thus far has/has not fully been established). Why not just walk or drive off??
I looked at satellite imagery of the area it may have happened. As far as forests go, it wasn't that big. One side has a rather built up suburb backed onto it, with many dirt roads and trails entering the forest. The other side was backed by average size farms.

So a regional town, but certainly not remote... as far as I could tell.

So...
In August there will be pretrial, right?
Like guilty/not guilty plea?

And what about the date of trial?
In case he pleads NG.

It can be far far in the future I'm afraid.
With change of venue I suppose.
D
I looked at satellite imagery of the area it may have happened. As far as forests go, it wasn't that big. One side has a rather built up suburb backed onto it, with many dirt roads and trails entering the forest. The other side was backed by average size farms.

So a regional town, but certainly not remote... as far as I could tell.
Depends where he attacked her .. the busiest road in Woowookarung regional park is the east west running Recreation Rd … often used by traffic going to or from metropolitan Melbourne ( it’s like a local shortcut , and gravel surface is in good condition .. 80 kph is done quite easily … so it’s a dangerous road for runners who aren’t alert .
I walked along it last Sat evening to get a feel for traffic flow … about one every 90 seconds … then again a Sunday morning at 8 am might be less .

We are all shaped by what has happened but most people move on--move forward. I suspect that the alleged perp. may have held grievances and these were not at a level in which they were not able to understand them and handle them.
Yes, PS may well be what is known as a "grievance collector". And if so, some of his family and friends quite likely know about it.

Ladies & gents, I do wonder if SM and PS had encountered one another previously given they are both from the same area and whether PS had actually became infatuated with her and as a result something has played out that has led to her demise. SM did not attend a family holiday earlier in the year and perhaps at that time an electrician may have been enjoying time off work and somehow they have encountered one another and subsequent to that initial encounter an infatuation of SM by PS has developed. Just a theory. I do understand that police have said parties were unknown to one another but we know the way investigations are managed by police.

Interesting points.
I’ve thought about this as well, why move the body? That’s if the body was moved from the area at all. I imagine it was, as the extent of the searching seems quite large. So the chances of finding a body or parts of, seem quite probable to me, however it’s not impossible that the perp has just been lucky at this stage. Stranger things have happened (I personally doubt it though, I think she has been removed).

My belief is he body was moved because there was incriminating evidence on/in the body that could be traced back to the perp.

It could be as simple as SM was hit by a vehicle, and some of the vehicle was transferred onto the body. Or it could be a lot darker, as in a sexual assault, or choking, maybe the perp was scratched.

If there was no traceability back to the perp, it doesn’t make sense to me to remove the body. Why enhance the chances of being caught by placing the body in your possession for any amount of time?

My thoughts are because it was to hide evidence of what was actually done to SM. Again, I could be way off. Part of me hopes so.

IMO.

I’ve been wondering about Data & Electrical work (I recall a mention of telecommunications business early on, imo). They may perhaps subcontract to another company.

I’m just thinking about what might regulatory put him in that area, as I think he’s been quite familiar with Sam’s running pattern. He may even have communicated with her. I can imagine there may’ve been various people that Sam encountered over her paths, possibly waved to, exchanged a few words with - but I don’t necessarily think she would have gone back home & talked about these exchanges, as they don’t fall under ‘people she / they knew’.

I just can’t figure out what drove him to do this, as police have labeled it a ‘deliberate attack’, which is so horrible to think about.

All just MO
I think, your idea is a very good one, as the car repair business of SM/MM could be a client of the "Elite voice ..." or could have been in the past re an extended telephone system within their premises. SM as a main manager may have once "kept PS in line" for something, he didn't work in her mind, or similar to that. IF there was ever a company/client relationship. MOO

B
Ladies & gents, I do wonder if SM and PS had encountered one another previously given they are both from the same area and whether PS had actually became infatuated with her and as a result something has played out that has led to her demise. SM did not attend a family holiday earlier in the year and perhaps at that time an electrician may have been enjoying time off work and somehow they have encountered one another and subsequent to that initial encounter an infatuation of SM by PS has developed. Just a theory. I do understand that police have said parties were unknown to one another but we know the way investigations are managed by police.
oth PS and SM were out on the Sat night , PS reportedly going to multiple venues … conjuncture only but could they have met ?
We don’t have any clue as to where the Murphy’s went that night .

Yes according to this article
Quoting
“He was super into IT [Information Technology] and he was always tinkering with cars and tools and stuff - interested in mechanics and science,' the schoolmate said.”

"Tinkering with cars and tools" - could be an EXPERT in a car repair business, if he were not an expert in telecommunication. Strange coincidence, IMO.

B

oth PS and SM were out on the Sat night , PS reportedly going to multiple venues … conjuncture only but could they have met ?
We don’t have any clue as to where the Murphy’s went that night .
... and what was the incident exactly, the Murphys were said to have experienced that evening?

I am quite curious about the fact that the public have not been asked for sightings or footage of the suspect’s vehicle with a specific description of the make and model now that he has been arrested.

As far as I am aware, all that has been sought so far are reports of vehicles with damage in the area.

Knowing the colour, make, model and specific features of a vehicle might really help jog someone’s memory.

Could it be that police already have enough information? And if so, they might be narrowing down the suspect’s movements to specific search locations?
I feel like I am missing something.
Is there a reason the vehicle wouldn’t be described?

I am quite curious about the fact that the public have not been asked for sightings or footage of the suspect’s vehicle with a specific description of the make and model now that he has been arrested.

As far as I am aware, all that has been sought so far are reports of vehicles with damage in the area.

Knowing the colour, make, model and specific features of a vehicle might really help jog someone’s memory.

Could it be that police already have enough information? And if so, they might be narrowing down the suspect’s movements to specific search locations?
I get the feeling they don't have damning evidence. Just "good enough" evidence to go with a murder charge and hope the accused comes through with a guilty plea or gives the body up.

It seems all has gone silent now, because they will be looking for more evidence without looking incompetant via any media.

This is my theory. Samantha is running and a car hoons past her. She yells out something to the effect of "slow down you effing idiot". PS is pissed off (either already was or this is the cause). He turns around and either gets out to confront her and some kind of assault occurs (king hit?) or drives at her and hits her.(either on purpose or accidentally). There maybe trail cam footage that films the attack but doesn't get all the details of the car. Police would describe this as deliberate because PS made the decision to confront her. Police have gone with the max charge so they have wriggle room to downgrade in order to find Samantha's body. My 2 cents. IMO

I'm leaning towards this theory too. I have many theories but this one stands out the most for me. I think he speeds past SM on Recreation Rd and she gestures to him/yells out but continues on with her run. I think the accused is already in a heightened aggressive state from a night of partying, lack of sleep and possible fight with his gf. I think he follows SM in his car and attacks her on a less busy track, or even on Rec Rd. I think he uses his phone immediately after, resulting in the ping that police have. I'm thinking he conceals her body on Boak Rd - it's a rough track and the vegetation is thick enough to hide a body maybe even CCTV captures his car near the tower, further adding to the evidence LE have gathered. If he doesn't leave her there he has her in the back of his car. He leaves the forest via Katy Ryan's Rd ending up on Elsworth where LE were looking for more CCTV footage. IMO he wants to conceal her body because 1. he's under the influence and 2. a moment of rage has caused him to do the unthinkable and now he's grappling with how to make it all go away. All MOO.

I have wondered this too re no request for vehicle sightings, and have also come to a similar conclusion that perhaps LE have enough information already.

I would imagine there would be so many white utes with canopies like this in Ballarat.

I get the feeling they don't have damning evidence. Just "good enough" evidence to go with a murder charge and hope the accused comes through with a guilty plea or gives the body up.

It seems all has gone silent now, because they will be looking for more evidence without looking incompetant via any media.
Evidence for a murder charge to stick without a body has to be damning - not "good enough".

<modsnip - off topic>

It is true we seem to be going over the same theories for 7 threads. Kudos to whoever had the prankster theory today, that is a new one.

My true detective questions: why haven’t police released the vehicle details, rego, photos and sought info on vehicle sightings? Why haven’t we seen police divers searching water bodies in the area?

IMO the accused had all day Sunday to himself, has taken backroads to some out of the way place, and returned Sunday evening. Smart enough to quickly ditch/destroy SMs devices and therefore smart enough to leave his own devices behind. Potential long range diesel tanks in a 4wd like that, he could have gone over the border into SA and back for all we know. If he stuck to dirt back roads, out of sight and away from CCTV, it makes it very hard for police.

When I posted I was frustrated with the lack of 'true detective' thinking.

Love all your points Toowong(s), really interesting and thought out, not just regurgitating that latest tidbit of info.
Where you mention taking backroads to some out of the way place, it may fit in to my theory of where the body is.
I need to think more about the non-release of the vehicle details and dam searching before posting.

My 'true detective' question is why did a seemingly normal guy, living a pretty normal life suddenly change into an alleged monster overnight? As police have mentioned. He's never been in custody before. If he did accidentally injure her and panic, he'd leave a trail of evidence a mile wide.

You asked what my theory is, well I've always thought someone else is involved. To what extent I don't know.
Someone that coerced him or convinced him to do something.

My theory is that the accused was 'hired', offered a large amount of money (in his eyes) to make a problem disappear. 20, 30 grand might have been enough. It fits with the lack of evidence because it was meticulously planned, probably by someone or some people smarter than the accused. Obviously not well enough. They nearly got away with it. Now the police want details of those that hired him. He's afraid to give those details up, as he knows he'd be finished off by them should he be released. He'd probably be safer behind bars now.

It seems out of character for him, because it is. Money got in the way and of course his incompetence became evident. He was hired to distance the real perpetrator from the crime.

Where's the body?

I know this theory sounds cliched and a little morbid, so please ignore the following if you're concerned.

Pretty much everyone in these true crime circles I imagine has heard pigs are the most efficient at removing a body from existence. I wonder if a large pig farm exists around the Ballarat area? If you do find one, please don't post any details about it as it's just a theory and purely speculation.

Love to hear more 'true detective' questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, so they did borrow some to use then? is there a msm link to the info?
You've got me chasing my tail trying to locate my source and after some time trying to locate this infirmation I have located it. I checked my saved docs. and could not locate a saved webpage nor image. I checked my notes and footage was shown during a news segment on the news block period 28/2/2024 to 1/3/2024 I have written 'blood hounds now searching' I watch JO'B ABC news; SBS World news and The World.

Interesting points.
his dna on the body, even loose hair fibres or his face skin under her nails?

You've got me chasing my tail trying to locate my source and after some time trying to locate this infirmation I have located it. I checked my saved docs. and could not locate a saved webpage nor image. I checked my notes and footage was shown during a news segment on the news block period 28/2/2024 to 1/3/2024 I have written 'blood hounds now searching' I watch JO'B ABC news; SBS World news and The World.
haha thank you, ive looked for awhile and typed so many search titles but nothing so far, i did read theyd used bloodhounds and we discussed it here but they only track live people i think?

It's quite concerning that the case I mentioned earlier about a body being disposed of in a mine shaft is in the same town.

There's no way the accused would not have read about this story at some point, and perhaps they are holding out for a reduced charge of manslaughter by remaining silent.

Interestingly enough, the accused of that previous case, had assistance from a friend to dispose of the body down the mine shaft... and walked free (*edit - after time served and a guilty plea?)

haunting story, actually. thanks for sharing.

It does sound as if the mine shafts have a whole life of their own.
Are these mine shafts scattered EVERYWHERE in Australia, or more specific to this area of the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsJeckyll