Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The phone data analysis seems to be key here:

"Wednesday February 28:
The Inland Motor Body Works, a smash repair business in Ballarat owned by Ms Murphy and her husband becomes a focus of the investigation, amid speculation outlaw motorcycle gangs were among customers.

Monday March 4:
Investigators begin reviewing mobile phone tower data to identify the movements of people in the area where Ms Murphy vanished.

6 am Wednesday March 6:
A man, 22, is arrested at a Scotsburn home in Ballarat in connection to Ms Murphy's disappearance.

Thursday March 7:
The man is charged with one count of murder and was due to face court later that afternoon."

I

The Commissioner refers to the accused as a “Scotsburn man”. The accused’s family home is at Mt Clear but the house sitting property is at Scotsburn. Why though would you let SM’s phone ping so close to home (Buninyong looks to be only about 4 to 5 k’s from the Scotsburn house). Seems counter intuitive, unless it was an error.

I thought at the time of the Commissioner’s presser the term ‘Scotsburn man ‘ was possibly misleading .. he was 22 and ostensibly lived his life in Mt Clear and only recently ( possibly since Nov 2023) spent some time staying with his gf house sitting at the Scotsburn property first listed for sale in Nov .

'He's a big guy, he's not usually scared of anything, but he told me he'd seen a strange, dishevelled man pop out of the bush talking to himself with the crotch on his pants ripped,' she told Daily Mail Australia.
-.-
Ms Agheli described the man as white with mid-length hair. She suspects he may have had a mental disability.

I wonder: Does the alleged perp in case Samantha have mid-length hair?

'He's a big guy, he's not usually scared of anything, but he told me he'd seen a strange, dishevelled man pop out of the bush talking to himself with the crotch on his pants ripped,' she told Daily Mail Australia.
-.-
Ms Agheli described the man as white with mid-length hair. She suspects he may have had a mental disability.

I wonder: Does the alleged perp in case Samantha have mid-length hair?

According to PS's lawyer,
he has no mental problems.

The guy described by campers,
(if he exists, that is),
makes the impression of suffering from some -
to put it mildly.

No link whatsoever IMO.

JMO

Is it possible that the alleged perpetrator took Sam’s phone to the Scotsburn house sitting property (or a known property nearby) and briefly switched it on resulting in the possible 5pm ping?

From Google street view you can actually see a phone tower on the hill from the Scotsburn address, I believe it would be the Mt Buninyong tower.
Oona you would think that that would take them straight to the alleged perp. home address--but maybe it didn't. Did it ping where the allerged perp. was on his way to dispose of SM (in that direction) as it was accidentally switched back on? MOO

Totally agree Dotta that that’s what PS’s lawyer may have said… but my opinion is we really can’t know at this stage if PS does or doesn’t have mental health issues… PS does not seem the type to me to go voluntarily for a psychiatric assessment…. Booze and drugs are likely to be his preferred “go to”s… However, PS may be required to undertake some kind of psychiatric assessment while in custody or remand (or wherever he stays in between now and the trial….)

Often, people with certain personality disorders and/or conduct disorders have poor insight into their own mental health. They frequently blame others, rather than taking responsibility for their impulses and actions. As such, even if, hypothetically, the accused may have some kind of mental health issue, it’s also highly likely that neither he nor his lawyer would know about it… yet

Watch this space… I predict more will emerge…. JMO…. ;)

Last edited:
According to PS's lawyer,
he has no mental problems.

The guy described by campers,
(if he exists, that is),
makes the impression of suffering from some -
to put it mildly.

No link whatsoever IMO.

JMO
The guy described by these campers sounds more like the guy who attacked Sissy (can’t recall the surname) in 2023, not PS.

Is it possible that the alleged perpetrator took Sam’s phone to the Scotsburn house sitting property (or a known property nearby) and briefly switched it on resulting in the possible 5pm ping?

From Google street view you can actually see a phone tower on the hill from the Scotsburn address, I believe it would be the Mt Buninyong tower.
Stupid question probably: If the phone was put on and afterwards off, would there be ONE ping or TWO pings?

Totally agree Dotta that that’s what PS’s lawyer may have said… but my guess is we really can’t know at this stage if PS does or doesn’t have mental health issues… PS does not seem the type to go voluntarily for a psychiatric assessment to me…. However, he may be given one in custody or remand or wherever he stays in between now and the trial….

Often people with certain personality disorders or conduct disorders have poor insight into their own mental health. They tend to blame others rather than taking responsibility for their own actions. As such, even if, hypothetically, the accused may have some kind of mental health issue it’s also highly possible neither he nor his lawyer would know about it…

Watch this space… JMO…. ;)

Well, at least he will get drug and alcohol rehab for free in prison.
Some pay for it a lot in fancy rehab centres.

Well, at least he will get drug and alcohol rehab for free in prison.
Some pay for it a lot in fancy rehab centres.
I love your “silver lining” thinking Dotta…. ;)

You are definitely not alone in seeing certain benefits of prison…

This quote comes to mind:

“If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom…”

-
Dwight Eisenhower

Could he make it any clearer?? could he have been more precise?? he laid it out, really...

Worth remembering that VICPOL drew up the charge of murder, went to the home at 6am, arrested him on the charge of murder, THEN searched vehicles, places, toolboxes, cars, trucks, quadbikes, etc etc etc... they had enough to lay the charge before his place was searched.. ..

Also, he mentioned the Western Division.. that's where one of those charges from the other day was initially instigated from/
My been wondering, if it is possible for it to be a plausible method of murder with video/photo evidence that VICPOL obtained while accessing SMs iCloud data.

I wonder Troooer, like you said if VICPOL drew up the charge of murder, went to the home at 6am, arrested him on the charge of murder, THEN searched vehicles, places, toolboxes, cars, trucks, quadbikes, etc etc etc... they had enough to lay the charge before his place was searched.. ..

…bevause SM, recored PS on her phone doing something illegal and this enraged PS to attack and kill her. I’m wondering if because she has an IPhone, with iCloud and it automatically syncs all data, including photos and videos to all other devices that use the same iCloud account (BTW, this happens instantly) Maybe she recorded the illegal activity, then it continued to capture him becoming enraged and him tearing off after her in his Ute with the big bull bar, running her over/shooting/stabbing/attacking her…intentionally. The video would have captured PSs number plates, that with one click of a finger, VICPOL can find out everything about him.

Could PS, have then broken her phone to hide evidence under the assumption it was all gone with one smash by a rock?

It’s already a know fact, that VICPOLA have access to SMs iCloud account, because they used it to obtain her smart watch data, and I wonder if they have found the possible photos or videos in her iCloud, which would be enough evidence to obtain a warrant for arrest and search warrant for his vehicle.

I actually did a test myself, just now where I took a video on my iPhone and went and looked on my iPad and MacBook , in the gallery and sure enough the video was there in both devices.

Maybe it’s all a bit far fetched, but in this tech savvy day and age with how smart our technology is and how many people use it as a tool to gather evidence of crimes/criminals in the act and either post the evidence online or report the evidence to the police. In my opinion; I feel it’s all certainly possible and would in this instance with SMS murder, provide the police with all the digital proof and evidence they needed to charge Ps with murder, but not enough evidence to locate her body.

We live in a world now, where we are all being filmed and watched from all angles, by all kinds of devices and people.

All IMO

Last edited:

possibly, if he was obsessed with her or her death, never murdered before, he would have so many emotions buzzing around and wanting to absorb or know her through her photos and texts etc, sit there and enjoy his trophy

I was thinking--maybe there's two CCTV points and if he passes one he has to pass another--and Sam's presumed to have died in between. And he passed one shortly before 8am, but he doesn't pass the other for several hours.
Not sure why, but I think PS’s car was in the original cctv thought to be SM. The runner wasn’t Sam, but I think other detail in video may have been important.. I suspect it was also in other cctv in area. Think this is why they were chasing cctv of vehicle with damage leaving area - to fill gaps.

Another possibility is another car equipped with dashcam at some point following him and maybe capturing a body part through the rear window or perhaps blood dripping from the vehicle.

Police may even have been able to locate a blood trail for DNA testing.

Just another possibility I guess.

Watch the Commissioner. It hits you so clearly.
My immediate guess is that the accused filmed it using dashcam or go pro but may or may not have been on camera himself. Who shared it?
ive always thought he filmed it and police had seen the footage to make such a strong conviction of murder, but where in this press conference does he say they saw footage?
ive listened twice and cant find it?

Maybe it’s all a bit far fetched, but in this tech savvy day and age, it’s certainly possible and would provide the police with all the proof and evidence they needed to charge Ps with murder, but not enough evidence to locate her body.
RSBM
Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson must be rolling in their graves!

possibly, if he was obsessed with her or her death, never murdered before, he would have so many emotions buzzing around and wanting to absorb or know her through her photos and texts etc, sit there and enjoy his trophy
Or to try to delete anything she may have recorded/captured before she was incapacitated?

ive always thought he filmed it and police had seen the footage to make such a strong conviction of murder, but where in this press conference does he say they saw footage?
ive listened twice and cant find it?

Where do you think the police would have seen incriminating footage? Do you mean that someone who had access to the accused's phone saw videos or photos and turned him in? How would they have got the videos or photos to the police without the accused being able to see they were forwarded?

I don't think the telcos and other suppliers would allow the police to go on a fishing trip of a person's phone or data content, before they are arrested. (Via a warrant, I mean)

imo

Last edited:
I was never on the murder by vehicle theory but my minds been wondering, if it is possible for it to be a plausible method of murder with video/photo evidence that VICPOL obtained while accessing SMs iCloud data.

I wonder Troooer, like you said if VICPOL drew up the charge of murder, went to the home at 6am, arrested him on the charge of murder, THEN searched vehicles, places, toolboxes, cars, trucks, quadbikes, etc etc etc... they had enough to lay the charge before his place was searched.. ..

…bevause SM, recored PS on her phone doing something illegal and this enraged PS to attack and kill her. I’m wondering if because she has an IPhone, with iCloud and it automatically syncs all data, including photos and videos to all other devices that use the same iCloud account (BTW, this happens instantly) Maybe she recorded the illegal activity, then it continued to capture him becoming enraged and him tearing off after her in his Ute with the big bull bar, running her over…intentionally. The video would have captured PSs number plates, that with one click of a finger, VICPOL can find out everything about him.

Could PS, have then broken her phone to hide evidence under the assumption it was all gone with one smash by a rock?

It’s already a know fact, that VICPOLA have access to SMs iCloud account, because they used it to obtain her smart watch data, and I wonder if they have found the possible photos or videos in her iCloud, which would be enough evidence to obtain a warrant for arrest and search warrant for his vehicle.

I actually did a test myself, just now where I took a video on my iPhone and went and looked on my iPad and MacBook , in the gallery and sure enough the video was there in both devices.

Maybe it’s all a bit far fetched, but in this tech savvy day and age, it’s certainly possible and would provide the police with all the proof and evidence they needed to charge Ps with murder, but not enough evidence to locate her body.

All IMO

I doubt anything was recorded by SM. They would have been onto PS much earlier IMO if that was the case.

I think a number of CCTV or similar all point in the same direction.

IIRC the police/detective said it was a targeted attack that lead to murder. They believe SM was murdered that day at mt clear. I think a combination of SM's watch and phone data, PS's phone, his car or motorbike captured on various CCTV, plus everyone's reports - must all combine together to form good evidence. And something somehow is really strongly showing it's deliberate. Maybe satellite info could be more likely to show something? I feel like if it was the trees or cameras with CCTV to catch illegal dumping, they may have had access to that footage earlier? My memory is not so great but from what I remember being reported, they must have been onto PS and as soon as they got the phone data, it was game over. That was the final thing to confirm before the arrest?
All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member