AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like a lot happened all at once that was allegedly out of character for him -- leaving behind a cell phone he was attached to, leaving at some point after bedtime, leaving without shoes, and leaving the house alone at all...
On what was described by mom as a happy weekend. I know she and step have said that SR's mood depended on the day or something like that and I do believe them that he probably had good days and not so good days.
I really thought SR would have been found by now, especially if he left on his own.

Bumping for Sebastian.
My heart goes out to Seth, his bio dad; he seems broken. :(

Question : Did Sebastian leave with or without his glasses on ?
Did he have more than one pair and are they all at the house ?
Anything else left behind, that might seem unusual for this teen ?

Omo.

I have a feeling that something must have happened with the trash. The timing would make sense as to why they couldn't find him after the trash was picked up Monday morning (the morning he went missing.)

In the Chronicles of Olivia interview, Katie said that on Sunday after dinner Sebastian took the trash out (it was his chore) and he took the trash can to the street.

Now I am listening to another new interview on youtube and Chris mentions that he used to make Sebastian clean his room, and if it wasn't clean enough, he would come through with a trash bag and bag up everything on the floor that wasn't supposed to be on the floor. Chris says in the interview: "It goes in the trash bag. Tie it up. I've done this to him twice. One time mom talked me out of it. The other time, Sebastian here's the bag, go put it in the trash can. And then you're going to take the trash can to the street."

44:35 is when the section on cleaning the room starts:

Is it too far fetched to think that, Sebastian could've gone back outside to look in the trash for a toy or something of his? This trash can has something to do with it IMO.

It could also explain why he went out in only his socks or barefoot (no shoes) if he intended to come right back in.

One time mom talked me out of it. The other time, Sebastian here's the bag, go put it in the trash can. And then you're going to take the trash can to the street."

I find that abusive. To make a person- of any age- bag up their own things and bring it out to the trash can themselves. To teach through humiliation -- the laziest and cruelest way to "teach." You don't have to put thought into how to teach the skill (keeping your room clean) nor have any patience, and the person will now fear you on some level. JMO/IMO.

I find that abusive. To make a person- of any age- bag up their own things and bring it out to the trash can themselves. To teach through humiliation -- the laziest and cruelest way to "teach." You don't have to put thought into how to teach the skill (keeping your room clean) nor have any patience, and the person will now fear you on some level. JMO/IMO.
Absolutely, hes a teen with autism and unless it's something he's not allowed to have, it shouldn't be discarded. IMO Its also abuse to hit him with a belt. One time is too many. This type of discipline is unnecessary

I have a feeling that something must have happened with the trash. The timing would make sense as to why they couldn't find him after the trash was picked up Monday morning (the morning he went missing.)

In the Chronicles of Olivia interview, Katie said that on Sunday after dinner Sebastian took the trash out (it was his chore) and he took the trash can to the street.

Now I am listening to another new interview on youtube and Chris mentions that he used to make Sebastian clean his room, and if it wasn't clean enough, he would come through with a trash bag and bag up everything on the floor that wasn't supposed to be on the floor. Chris says in the interview: "It goes in the trash bag. Tie it up. I've done this to him twice. One time mom talked me out of it. The other time, Sebastian here's the bag, go put it in the trash can. And then you're going to take the trash can to the street."

Is it too far fetched to think that, Sebastian could've gone back outside to look in the trash for a toy or something of his? This trash can has something to do with it IMO.

It could also explain why he went out in only his socks or barefoot (no shoes) if he intended to come right back in.

This interview made me so angry listening to the stepdad. How do you talk so harshly about your stepson that is missing? You can hear the anger in his voice at times and other times he is laughing entirely too much. The mom barely speaks.

He also admits he has had CPS called on him twice.

Last edited:
Still getting caught up on this case but oh gods this made my stomach drop. This would be icky enough if he didn't have autism but is so much worse since he does. I am giving so much side eye.

In the Nancy Grace panel interview, the issue of the shoes is raised. The dad confirms Sebastian has three pairs and they were all still at the front door. Then, when asked about his son taking out the trash, the dad mentions that Sebastian has a pair of slippers which he will put on to take out the trash.

Were the slippers found in the home?

LE searched the landfill (pick up was early Monday morning) after their refuse-pickup said their trash can was heavier than normal. They didn’t find anything helpful to the search. Chris hadn’t been home since the beginning of Feb, I don’t think Kate was quite as heavy handed w/ Sebastian over keeping his room clean, Seth said his room was a mess Monday morning when he arrived (after LE).

Last edited:
Bumping for Sebastian.
My heart goes out to Seth, his bio dad; he seems broken. :(

Question : Did Sebastian leave with or without his glasses on ?
Did he have more than one pair and are they all at the house ?
Anything else left behind, that might seem unusual for this teen ?

Omo.
Originally Seth said Sebastian’s glasses were at the house, that was updated at some point early on to the glasses are missing. According to Seth, Sebastian puts his glasses on immediately upon getting out of bed.

In the Nancy Grace panel interview, the issue of the shoes is raised. The dad confirms Sebastian has three pairs and they were all still at the front door. Then, when asked about his son taking out the trash, the dad mentions that Sebastian has a pair of slippers which he will put on to take out the trash.

Were the slippers found in the home?
I believe the slippers that Seth mentioned are at Seth’s home. He mentioned them in an earlier video as well. In both homes they leave their shoes near the front door and they aren’t worn in the house.

I've now listened to the whole of this interview and I feel as I was witnessing a car crash in slow-motion.

It is well worth a listen. Maybe play it speeded up, as it's long. In addition to the stepdad meting out a belt 'punishment' trashing his stepson's belongings, and his odd laughter, my take-aways are:

- The stepdad was much more talkative in this interview than in others, more combative and also displayed contempt towards some of his stepson's behaviours (mimicking Sebastian's responses to being disciplined)
- Sebastian would wear SOCKS to take out the trash (per his mom)
- The stepdad has been married FIVE times
- Listeners messaged in asking about 'the story' with one of his wives
- The stepdad discussed his previous encounters with CPS/DCS ("in two states")
- If I heard this correctly, there are TWO other doors in the house, but stepdad says Sebastian would not have exited through those because THEY DO NOT LOCK FROM THE OUTSIDE??
- The stepdad wants to thank everyone, including those who are spreading rumours or who think he and his wife did it

I am even more scared for Sebastian than before. I'd like the Behaviour Panel guys to analyse this interview.

In the last 10 minutes of the Nancy Grace video, I think I had heard it once before but I can’t remember where.

I don't remember where I saw it--I've listened to way too many podcasts about this case--but I know I've seen it stated more than once. I'll try to find you a link.

Edited:

Here you go. Try around the 31:00 mark.

Thank you, I hadn't watched the NG video before.

I am assuming if this is correct and not another rumor, that they must have actual garbage men who empty the cans by hand then. The trash companies in my area all pick up the trash bins using a mechanical arm that comes out of the side and the driver never exits their truck.

If they emptied by hand, surely they'd have noticed 100+ extra pounds. It would have been more than noticeable.

JMO

I've now listened to the whole of this interview and I feel as I was witnessing a car crash in slow-motion.
- Sebastian would wear SOCKS to take out the trash (per his mom)
- The stepdad has been married FIVE times
- Listeners messaged in asking about 'the story' with one of his wives
- The stepdad discussed his previous encounters with CPS/DCS ("in two states")
- If I heard this correctly, there are TWO other doors in the house, but stepdad says Sebastian would not have exited through those because THEY DO NOT LOCK FROM THE OUTSIDE??
- The stepdad wants to thank everyone, including those who are spreading rumours or who think he and his wife did it

I am even more scared for Sebastian than before. I'd like the Behaviour Panel guys to analyse this interview.
I read it today too - my head still hurts. This interview was 100% all about the step dad, he spent more time on naming his ex wives than anything of value to the search for Sebastian SMDH We did learn he is back to work and he did admit he doesn’t want Sebastian around his daughter but that is family business. My heart hurts for Sebastian who called him Mr Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti