Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree also Vashley. There are some very dark underworlds that most of us know nothing about. Think about how easy it would be for someone to kidnap a girl from overseas and force her into a life of prostitution. If she came from a poor family, not only would she be an easy target for believing any line about "a better life," but her family would likely not have the resources to search for her - if they ever even considered something was wrong! Some families may just believe their daughter is off living that better life! It's certainly a discouraging theory, but entirely plausible. :mad:

That's very true.

Considering the sex trade is a multi-BILLION dollar industry.. it must not be hard to find those young, vulnerable victims.

She looks as though she could have been a porcelain doll, and of course she would definitely catch the eye of some trafficker in no time.. angers me to think about the theory.. :mad:

Eh.. I had some misinformation in my last youtube vid so I remade it...

in case its of any interest

Here's the response I received from Suzi Dodt regarding Elena:

I'm sorry, but the age does not seem to fit. The girl we had here was definitely not 22 years old, which is how old Elena would have been in 1999 when the Jane Doe died. In fact, we exaggerated the age range of 13-18 to make sure that we didn't miss any potential leads, but we don't believe she is even over 16 years old

and in response to the police and ME's reports:

You will have to contact the police agency to obtain a copy of their report.

To obtain a copy of the ME report, please call 602-506-3322 and ask for an order form for a report to be mailed to you.

I can tell you that the information that is on the website for Maricopa County unidentified bodies is all that is available for identification.
The people that were in the car when she jumped have been thoroughly investigated and have recently been in touch with someone here that is doing follow-up on the case. It does not seem that they or their information is relevant at this time.

Thank you for your interest and assistance. We hope that by focusing on her appearance, descriptors, and belongings, that someone will recognize this girl and give us the lead we need.

TY for posting her reply. I'm curious...why does she say their information is not relevant? Imo, how could it not be?

TY for posting her reply. I'm curious...why does she say their information is not relevant? Imo, how could it not be?

I agree - and while I'm thrilled with their quick responses, I sense just a bit of a dismissive attitude. If the ME's report can add nothing more and the witnesses can add nothing more, we appear to be at a standstill. Also, I understand that Elena would technically have been too old to be MJD, but wouldn't it at least be worth checking out? Some people look very young for their ages. I don't know where to go next with this case!

I think she probably means in terms of identifying this girl- that the people in the car don't have any info that would be relevant to figuring out who she is.

The information of those in the vehicle is relevant at this time. LE needs to make public the answers to several questions including: Did she have an accent? What was she wearing? Did she have a purse? When they say "babbling," what does that mean, what did she say? The only thing I can figure is that LE has reviewed the information and doesn't feel it is helpful to determining who she is. That doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe the clothing and the purse don't add much, but with or without an accent makes a huge difference. Even making it clearer that 18 was probably pushing the limits age wise is helpful for amateur sleuths like myself. So if she didn't have an accent, please say so. Unless they don't trust the occupants of the car to tell the truth. But this latest email sounds like they are satisfied with the occupants' stories. :bang:

The information of those in the vehicle is relevant at this time. LE needs to make public the answers to several questions including: Did she have an accent? What was she wearing? Did she have a purse? When they say "babbling," what does that mean, what did she say? The only thing I can figure is that LE has reviewed the information and doesn't feel it is helpful to determining who she is. That doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe the clothing and the purse don't add much, but with or without an accent makes a huge difference. Even making it clearer that 18 was probably pushing the limits age wise is helpful for amateur sleuths like myself. So if she didn't have an accent, please say so. Unless they don't trust the occupants of the car to tell the truth. But this latest email sounds like they are satisfied with the occupants' stories. :bang:

Ditto, Zanko-although I am grateful to read the new age info so I do not feel crazy for thinking she is/was truly a child...

Agreed.

And clothing seriously can tell a lot about a person! If she was wearing a mini skirt and a halter top with stilettos.. that would mean she dressed "suggestive" which could be why they assume she's a prostitute. If she was wearing a tshirt and blue jeans with a pair of sneakers.. she may have been kidnapped.

If they don't believe she was older than 16, why aren't they checking schools? Children/adolescents have to remain in school until they are 16 in Arizona.. truancy officers start to investigate won't they?

Unless they did check schools and she wasn't enrolled in any of them to begin with.

This case baffles me! Where do we go next?

Has anyone called to obtain an order form?.. I will if no one else has.

And I wanted to update on calling to get that news clip of Alonzo's interview.
I called again since no one has called me back, and I was brought to the editor's desk again. :mad:

I totally agree that MJD appears to be very young. But I also believe that this case is being looked at from different perspectives by different people. We are trying to identify MJD and LE may still be trying to determine how she was injured/killed. Until she is identified, I feel everything - down to the smallest detail - is relevant. And it bothers me that there are conflicting details and that "new" information - such as the ring w/initials - is just coming out now. It's been going on 10 years and it's disturbing to me that we're still learning new things. Makes me think we definitely do not have the whole picture and that makes it more difficult to put this puzzle together.

Unless they did check schools and she wasn't enrolled in any of them to begin with.

This case baffles me! Where do we go next?

Has anyone called to obtain an order form?.. I will if no one else has.

And I wanted to update on calling to get that news clip of Alonzo's interview.
I called again since no one has called me back, and I was brought to the editor's desk again. :mad:

Would you mind calling? Maybe they have a website you can contact.

Would you mind calling? Maybe they have a website you can contact.

I don't mind at all. I feel that the ME report may have some important details on it.

You're right about looking at it from different perspectives. There are just so many possibilities as to what may have happened to MJD that day. We can come up with a million theories, but in the end only science and fact is going to determine what really happened. And until LE opens up about everything and releases more useful information.. we're kind of stuck.

I really want to see this case solved, and I know everyone else does too. But, personally, I feel as though the ME office isn't too interested in what we're doing here sometimes. I sure they appreciate it.. but unless we can give them a name and identify her immediately, our ideas don't seem all too important to them.

What should I ask for? Do I refer to her case number and ask for the form?

It might be difficult to obtain a copy if her case is still being investigated, unless next-of-kin/someone else who knows her wants to identify her. I have always noticed that manner of death for her is "undetermined".

But it doesn't hurt to call and ask...

It sounds to me like they don't believe the two in the car were responsible for her death, and are probably trying to rule it as accidental.. or even perhaps a suicide.

But that's why it's sooo important other details are released, because MJD can't speak for herself right now..

What should I ask for? Do I refer to her case number and ask for the form?

It might be difficult to obtain a copy if her case is still being investigated, unless next-of-kin/someone else who knows her wants to identify her. I have always noticed that manner of death for her is "undetermined".

But it doesn't hurt to call and ask...

It sounds to me like they don't believe the two in the car were responsible for her death, and are probably trying to rule it as accidental.. or even perhaps a suicide.

But that's why it's sooo important other details are released, because MJD can't speak for herself right now..

With the exception of finding out if she had any kind of accent, I couldn't care less really what the police report says at this point. I really don't trust anything those people told LE. I would like to know what she had on her and/or with her. Suzi Dodt implies that the people in the car with her were questioned again recently. I don't care what he had to say really, but I had hoped Lindsay would have something more to add. This is so frustrating!!!!

With the exception of finding out if she had any kind of accent, I couldn't care less really what the police report says at this point. I really don't trust anything those people told LE. I would like to know what she had on her and/or with her. Suzi Dodt implies that the people in the car with her were questioned again recently. I don't care what he had to say really, but I had hoped Lindsay would have something more to add. This is so frustrating!!!!

I understand your frustration. I don't trust those people, either.

WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT RELEASING HER CLOTHING AND POSSESSIONS?

Every other missing persons/unidentified case I have read mentions clothing items, shows pictures of clothing items, shows pictures of jewelry rings and tattoos... all of which MJD had. I am not understanding the harm in releasing pictures or information on the items she had with her if it will only help people ID her!

I understand your frustration. I don't trust those people, either.

WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT RELEASING HER CLOTHING AND POSSESSIONS?

Every other missing persons/unidentified case I have read mentions clothing items, shows pictures of clothing items, shows pictures of jewelry rings and tattoos... all of which MJD had. I am not understanding the harm in releasing pictures or information on the items she had with her if it will only help people ID her!

I agree. Do you feel that the authorities are intentionally holding back on this case for some reason?

I agree. Do you feel that the authorities are intentionally holding back on this case for some reason?

I don't want to sound like I am accusing anyone because I know they are doing their part in helping to give MJD a name.. but of course it always crosses my mind.

Sometimes information can be held back because the investigation is still pending.. but clothing items and tattoos? I have never heard of such a thing!

Perhaps they have stumbled onto something bigger about her case..?

I don't want to sound like I am accusing anyone because I know they are doing their part in helping to give MJD a name.. but of course it always crosses my mind.

Sometimes information can be held back because the investigation is still pending.. but clothing items and tattoos? I have never heard of such a thing!

Perhaps they have stumbled onto something bigger about her case..?

Could be. I guess we'll just have to wait to find out.

O/T a bit - I contacted a police department today with info about a missing person and a UID. Both men were posted on the National Center for Missing Adults and seemed like an obvious match to me. The PO did not even know about NCMA - I had to walk him through it. Turns out that both the DOB and date missing of the missing person were wrong. I tell you this only to illustrate how information that we use to search may not always be accurate or complete. Sometimes, what seems like an obvious or identifying characteristic may be overlooked or omitted. We cannot always depend on age, height, weight, tatoos, etc.

But I do consider these factors about the clothing...

I am an EMT, and sometimes when clothing gets in the way of certain procedures, the clothing is often cut and removed, and can sometimes get lost or discarded.

I know.. duh, right?

But anyway, with the amount of road rash she probably received from flailing out of a car at such a high speed, I'd imagine her clothes were pretty tattered and torn anyway, so it is possible her clothes were discarded, especially if she was expected to live anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname