Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt she would qualify for state assistance living at home, the income of her parents would be included as her income because it's based off of a household income. She would also need to provide proof of a rental agreement or utilities in her name to establish residency, well at least I know this is how it works in CA and I'm pretty sure it's gotta be similar since welfare is a federal program.

Yes, it's the same in FL, but she would not need a rental agreement (I didn't when I applied). She could have given another address... But cash assistance would be very little, prob. a few hundred a month, plus food stamps.

But, Caylee could have been getting survivor benefits from Social Security...

I think that it would be in Baez's best interests to quit his client before she makes a fool out of him. His name is known now, he has had 15 minutes or more of fame, he should run with that, far far away from Casey Anthony.

I fully expect that to happen, not because he chooses to do it for that reason, but because the case is so high profile and he'll never re-coup the money and time. He's not Mark Geragos or Gloria Allred - a guy's gotta eat.

I just watched the bond reduction hearing video again.

I love how Casey plays "Sweet little 8 year old" Casey -- Waving at her mom and dad -- smiling. Basically looking for any signs from her mom and dad that they aren't mad at her.

The real Casey is that call from the jail where the first things out of her mouth are, "Nice Cameo Mom" -- not -- "Have you found Caylee?"

Yes, it's the same in FL, but she would not need a rental agreement (I didn't when I applied). She could have given another address... But cash assistance would be very little, prob. a few hundred a month, plus food stamps.

Not if her dad's name isn't on the birth certificate. It's one of the SSA requirements: birth certificate or if it's a spouse, marriage license.

IMO, the only obstacle standing in the way of LE is Casey who would have us all believe she can't provide investigators with any viable, credible information to aid in finding Caylee for fear that in doing so, she would be putting Caylee "in danger".

While it may be the parents have simply been playing along with this charade in the hope of disarming any resentment Casey may feel toward them (all "they" care about is Caylee ...) they have to realize they are no closer to finding Caylee than the day they first learned she was missing and their daughter didn't tell them or LE because she was trying to find Caylee "on her own".

Bottom line - Caylee's birthday has come and gone along with the false hope she would be returned to celebrate this happy occasion. We are now looking for a 3 year old missing child.

The clock is running out. LE needs FACTS - not bold-faced lies, half truths, innuendos and cryptic messages captured on jail audio tapes to move the investigation in the right direction instead of circles.

The parents need to decide what's more important - finding Caylee or protecting Casey. I don't think there is any middle ground.

(snip)

The parents need to decide what's more important - finding Caylee or protecting Casey. I don't think there is any middle ground.

I can't help but wonder if this has already been decided!

IMO, the only obstacle standing in the way of LE is Casey who would have us all believe she can't provide investigators with any viable, credible information to aid in finding Caylee for fear that in doing so, she would be putting Caylee "in danger".

While it may be the parents have simply been playing along with this charade in the hope of disarming any resentment Casey may feel toward them (all "they" care about is Caylee ...) they have to realize they are no closer to finding Caylee than the day they first learned she was missing and their daughter didn't tell them or LE because she was trying to find Caylee "on her own".

Bottom line - Caylee's birthday has come and gone along with the false hope she would be returned to celebrate this happy occasion. We are now looking for a 3 year old missing child.

The clock is running out. LE needs FACTS - not bold-faced lies, half truths, innuendos and cryptic messages captured on jail audio tapes to move the investigation in the right direction instead of circles.

Great post.

All this time has past -- and the parents need to realize that they are basically at square one.

LE is also in a bind because what do they charge her with? If they go with their pool theory that was stated on WFTV.com, then they would almost have to believe it was an "accident". Yeah, Casey covered it up -- but can they really charge her with murder?

I think the best they can hope for is to send her to prison on the other counts they have her held on.

I think the possibilities of Casey doing major time for this are slim to none.

GAMETHEORY:

Oh, I hope you are wrong ... I can't bear it if Casey never speaks and Caylee is never found.

I wish I am wrong, and all of us still hope we are wrong. And while most of us hate to be wrong in other insignificant daily matters for things like this I will be jumping up and down if we are wrong.

As for her being not the brightest cookie no she isn't. But the think is I do believe Casey does exhibit certain traits of the sociopath/narcissist spectrum and they do believe they are much smarter than people around them. They have no clue how they come off to others. Some of them are very intelligent and get away with double lifes etc, but some of them just aren't. Casey just isn't. But I think she did believe she will get away with it. And she still believes she will get away with it. :bang:

Plus I think Casey did not have any plan b. She just thought the police will accept her version and put this ''zanny'' on America's most wanted list and everyone will go on their merry way. How dare you and me and police and her parents doubt her story? How dare all of us make such a terrible injustice to a suffering mother? How dare we question her motives for looking at bars for the missing child? :bang: Casey wasn't prepared to be asked so many additional questions, like take the police to previous locations this zanny was staying or what time she received phone calls, what time she made phonecalls, to take the police to her workplace.

It is a waste of time trying to explain with our logic Cayse's logic. With our logic you don't harm a child or not report a child missing for 31 days. Starting from that everything else is just a moot point really when it comes to Cayse's actions afterwards.

GAMETHEORY:

Oh, I hope you are wrong ... I can't bear it if Casey never speaks and Caylee is never found.

I think all of us involved in this forum can agree that Casey is not very bright. There... I said it. Come on people, anyone that has seen CSI or any crime movie/tv show knows that LE will check out anything you tell them. Did Casey honestly think when she said that she called her nanny in the past on her cell phone that her phone records could not be traced and verified? Did she honestly not know that was possible? She had to know she would be caught in that lie. Was she so cocky that she thought they would just believe whatever she said because she was so darn pretty?? I mean come ON, even little kids know basic crime investigating 101.

Casey also gave alibis/references of people who knew ZG.. only these albi/references were people WHO DID NOT EXIST, and Casey was also dumb enough to tell LE the places these alibi's worked. Did she not realize that LE could actually PHONE these places and ask their employers if this was true??? I mean, please. What is the deal with that? Has she never watched a tv show in her life? or the Bourne Identity? Or Charlies Angels? Or NYPD Blue???

I for one, believe she threw the name Juliette Lewis out there in a panic. I am surprised she didn't say Jessica Alba or George Glass (Like Jan did on Brady Bunch.. ok.. Yea, I am old).

She is obviously very... gosh everyone what is the word? I don't know the word to describe it. Please help everyone.

I agree, Casey is not real bright. She does not plan ahead. She just reacts.

Example: When she was confronted by LE about her employment at Universal she continued to lie. THEN she agreed to go with LE to show them her private office and her coworkers. She walked down a hall and then just admitted she did not have an office!

That tells me she was just mentally FROZEN and could not come up with any other new story.

I just watched the bond reduction hearing video again.

I love how Casey plays "Sweet little 8 year old" Casey -- Waving at her mom and dad -- smiling. Basically looking for any signs from her mom and dad that they aren't mad at her.

The real Casey is that call from the jail where the first things out of her mouth are, "Nice Cameo Mom" -- not -- "Have you found Caylee?"

:clap::clap:

No father on the birth certificate + no proof of paternity = no survivor benefits.

A few hundred a month would have been more than enough, given the fact she really had no financial responsibilities. If she was getting food stamps, she could have sold them for a bit more money, or if it was an EBT card... well, when Cindy or George needed a few odds and ends from the store, she could have volunteered to go, paid with the card and pocketed the money they'd given her to pay with.

I think that it would be in Baez's best interests to quit his client before she makes a fool out of him. His name is known now, he has had 15 minutes or more of fame, he should run with that, far far away from Casey Anthony.

THAT horse is already out of the barn.

I was at church today thinking (praying) about this mess and I had a thought I don't believe the dad is dead story, her is why, Casey is a drama queen, it was mentioned he had already started a family by the time Caylee was born, can anyone imagine Casey just sitting back and handling rejection without making someone's life miserable, don't you think at this point the mother of those children would come forward to let LE know about her behavior, lies, manupulation etc. if this story was true

GameTheory,

So agree about Casey. She's had some success with manipulation and lies in the past, in her familiar element, and definitely thinks she's a genius. She isn't, but her brand of cunning just seems to come naturally, and may serve her well in escaping consequences here, with a little help from dumb luck. Her story is lame and incredible, but she bought time, and that works in her favor. She will have public disapproval, but to avoid responsibility for things more serious than she already faces, she has to do one thing: keep quiet. I'm sure she's reminded of that every day.

As to her parents, they may desire to get her to talk, but that doesn't mean they can or ever could have. I think LE is going to have to get lucky, sadly.

GAMETHEORY:
What you said make alot of sense. For the first time since this case has been in media, I think I have an inkling of understanding to what Casey was probably thinking. You are most likely right, Casey thought the world would be on a manhunt for ZANNY, not totally focused on her. I am sure Casey was in a state of shock when LE didn't buy her story right off the bat like I am sure her family always does.

I have thought about this thing of Casey "going to work" for some time. A parent (or anyone living in the same household, for that matter) would surely be aware of that person's income. I mean, my kids were always happy it's payday or almost payday. They would have a period of not needing to "sponge from mom" (right after pay) and then need money. We discuss wages, payments due, etc.

Is ours' the only family that does that?

I can't help but wonder if this has already been decided!

If the family privately resigned themselves to Caylee's death, they may have then decided to try and salvage whatever they can of their daughter Casey's life. If so, the family may not want their granddaughter's body to be discovered because that discovery might incarcerate Casey for most, if not all, of the rest of her life. Perhaps the family would rather sacrifice a proper and formal burial of their granddaughter for the chance that a lesser sentence is ultimately imposed on Casey.

Of course, the family has little control over whether a body is discovered. Unless the family is somehow hindering the investigation by, for example, washing evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther