OFF TOPIC Chit-Chat

This is COMPLETELY OT, but... Ever eat a hamburger and bite down into one of those little hard things? Lost my appetite completely after that.

*sigh* ...yes, it's been a long week. :D

Cheers,
KP

Hubby and I played golf today with friends and I got too hot. I may have gotten a touch of heat stroke....feel really sick. Be careful out there guys. It will sneek up on you. I drank lots of water and Powerade but didn't help. Gonna go lie down. I'll crank up the laptop after I feel better. :crazy:
Sooner, you are in my prayers tonite. REST! And go to the Dr if you feel like you should! Heat stroke isnt something to mess around with! :yuck:

Hubby and I played golf today with friends and I got too hot. I may have gotten a touch of heat stroke....feel really sick. Be careful out there guys. It will sneek up on you. I drank lots of water and Powerade but didn't help. Gonna go lie down. I'll crank up the laptop after I feel better. :crazy:
Maybe you over did the fluid intake, it happens!

I had sunstroke when I was about 9 yo. I was so sick. My body doesn't regulate heat very well even now. This has been a horribly hot summer here in central Texas, and I haven't handled it very well.

So, Sooner, I completely empathize with you! Get well soon!

Hi Sooner! Certainly hope you're feeling better today... :)

This hurricane is going to be so massive.? Anyone keeping an eye on it.
Hello MS! I assume you're speaking of Gustav. Yeah, unfortunately it looks like it's going to be quite a storm, I've been tracking it on and off through the National Hurricane Center's website. Looks to be headed right for New Orleans, just where they don't need it. Prayers to those in its path...

Cheers!
KP

This hurricane is going to be so massive.? Anyone keeping an eye on it.

Yes, MS, this one is so scary and reminds us of terrible times just three years ago.

My hubby and I left Biloxi, MS, two days before Katrina struck. We just went back this past week and that town is still reeling from the aftermath. It takes so long to rebuild when so much is destroyed.

We live in SW Georgia and because of Fay we have had torrential rains up to 20 inches in one day. We always feel these hurricanes that come across the Gulf as we are on the dangerous backside (East) of the hurricanes. We always seem to have torrential rains, high winds and tornadoes spun by the feeder bands.

I just hope that Gustav does not hover, spinning in one area, once it makes landfall. That is what happened to us in 1994 when Alberto sat above Georgia just dumping rain without letting up. That caused the 500 year flood in our area and our town and surrounding towns were under water for weeks on end. We became an island with no way to get out. It took many lives and it took about 10 years to rebuild from it fully.

The wind from a hurricane is swift and gone quickly but it is the water that is the most dangerous and takes more lives and property along with tornado spin offs.

I pray for all of these people who may be affected by Gustav. I hope he simmers down before he approaches but I doubt it due to the very warm water.

imoo

Hey guys, thanks for all the posts hoping I feel better. I think I've found myfamily here. I do feel better today. Just expecting company over to watch the OU game. I'm just mad I have to PPV it. I sure hope Ann Fan and her daughter STAY safe. We in a severe thunderstorm watch. ALSO alll you guys safe from the hurricane. ooops....lightening strike...think i'll get out of the pool. BBL.:chicken:

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Sooner. Welcome back! :) ...you use the computer in the pool? Good to know I'm not the only one. :D

Have anyone of you checked out jeff masters wunderground blog. Very impressive. I just googled underground weather.

I truly feel for Chattanooga.....those kids play so hard and they all deserve to win. Bookmakers have given a 61- point spread

Have anyone of you checked out jeff masters wunderground blog. Very impressive. I just googled underground weather.
I hadn't heard of that until you mentioned it. That's a neat site! I wonder if Gustav is going to make Category 5. I hope not...

I hadn't heard of that until you mentioned it. That's a neat site! I wonder if Gustav is going to make Category 5. I hope not...

Earlier I was watching a press conference in NO. It's not good. They are expecting a storm as bad as or worse than Katrina. Right now they are in the middle of a mandatory evacuation of the west bank.

:(

Earlier I was watching a press conference in NO. It's not good. They are expecting a storm as bad as or worse than Katrina. Right now they are in the middle of a mandatory evacuation of the west bank.

:(
Hi there Claycat!

As bad or worse than Katrina? Oh no... They don't need that down there. It's not supposed to make landfall until Monday, I hope they can get as many as possible evacuated. Prayers to them all...

Oh BTW, glad to see you online! Been awfully lonely here today, but at least the phone hasn't been dinging my ear off. :p

A young guy like you should be out having some fun on a Saturday night :Banane57:

Nice icon :biglaugh:

I'll be heading out in about an hour, but even so I check the board every time I get an e-mail update. Kinda pathetic, no? I'm thinking of seeking professional help.

Cheers!
KP

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milkjug