Casey Anthony General Discussion Thread #157

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct. Baez should persuade Casey to act in her best interests.

So how do you know that Baez isn't? Are you privy to their private communications? And what are Casey's best interests? And who gets to decide what Casey's best interests are? Us?

There is either a rotting corpse of a little baby out there, or there is a severely traumatized kidnapped little baby out there. Casey has provided NO information to LE OR LB--if she told LB the truth about the kidnapping, he would have investigators on it (since informing LE about it is impossible--the kidnappers apparently can only be reached by civillians). LB would have produced Caylee unharmed. That would be in Casey's best interests.

If Casey murdered Caylee, then LB knows that the only break he can get for his client right now is cooperation with LE and the limited immunity deal the DA offered.

Recovery of Caylee, dead or alive, is the best possible scenerio for Casey right now. Telling the truth about the identity of the kidnappers, the real date the child went missing, the location of the transfer of the child, ANY TRUTHFUL INFORMATION is in Casey's best interests.

What other scenerio are you thinking about?

I also do NOT think Casey would eve admit to Baez she killed her child. I think she is sticking with her crazy stories and thats all Baez has to work with. Casey will never admit to doing anything with her child. ever.

Not sure where I read this, but tow yard guy said the car smelled just like a car they had on the lot, in which a man had committed suicide and was in the car for a while. Of course, this may have been reported by "a source close to the investigation".

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

Document set 2 - page 316. This has been debated so many times that I've memorized the reference.

Someone don't ask me who..told me that POI interviews would not be in the report. I totally don't know if that is true..ANYONE?

Did Casey even know chatt in 2004? She didn't Ricardo or Amy until summer of 2007.

When she knew these people is what we have been told. With the number of lies flying about, I'm not sure I believe any of them.

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

Also no interviews with George, Cindy or Lee.

I was curious abou the same thing, Rhonda. Must be something interesting in them.....someday when we see all their evidence....wow will we all have a conversation!

They can blame all they want--it takes evidence to make a conviction! I wonder if that is why Casey wanted to see JG--she wanted hair or something to try and plant it???

She asked him if she could come over to take a shower. Perfect place to find hair, imo.

I think Baez is in a difficult position. It's possible that his client is insisting that she is entirely innocent of every single charge involving Caylee. Perhaps Casey does not want to concede so much as one day of prison time. If so, Baez has a difficult defense ahead.

It would be easier (from Baez's perspective) if Casey is willing to confess that Caylee died entirely as a result of an innocent accident, and that Casey panicked and concealed her daughter's body. But as we all know, it would appear to be extremely difficult to defend Casey on the theory that she is innocent of everything -- not only innocent of Caylee's death, but innocent of Caylee's disappearance. Of course, in order for the the last condition to be true, one juror must be convinced that Caylee is either still alive, or if she died, she died in the hands of the imaginary bad guys and that her dead body was never inside of Casey's car trunk.

Baez has his own problems.

What happened to your South Park avatar?

South Park Di is on a little vacation - I replaced with the Banksy balloon girl in memory of little Caylee.

I think Baez' biggest problem is going to be his inability to put his client on the stand, and the fact that the state is going to put every other member of her family up there.

Baez has his own problems.

Defense lawyers should be smart enough to rise ABOVE their client's worst qualities.

Baez CREATES his own problems through a very arrogant & not very well thought out strategy. He should spend less time echoing his client's crazy fantasies & try dealing with REALITY.

I also do NOT think Casey would eve admit to Baez she killed her child. I think she is sticking with her crazy stories and thats all Baez has to work with. Casey will never admit to doing anything with her child. ever.

You could be right, Kathyn...Altho, by baez asking DA to extend the deadline till tuesday for limited immunity...makes me think he is convincing her down that path. Maybe not.

I just thought about something.

Does the tow yard have guard dogs?

It was noted that the trunk of the car had scratches all over it.

Wonder if the tow yard had guard dogs and they could smell the decomp and were scratching at the truck of the car.

LE noted the scratches along the trunk area of the car while it was still sitting in front of the house. The report also states several pair of adult shoes were in the back passenger seat as well as a child's car seat. The were a black case with a variety of cds/dvds and a dark colored belt in the front passenger seat. Set #2 page 34

Did you save the documents to your computer? The links I have under the Document thread no longer work because the website took them down.

Why were they taken down? I personally am not worried because they are saved and printed here.
Was it because when you print them you can see all the social security numbers through the blackout marker?

I agree. And most defense attorneys do not want to know the truth either.

South Park Di is on a little vacation - I replaced with the Banksy balloon girl in memory of little Caylee.

I think Baez' biggest problem is going to be his inability to put his client on the stand, and the fact that the state is going to put every other member of her family up there.

That should be VERY VERY interesting indeed.

But George had to unlock the car at the impound lot, so maybe Miss Casey locked the car with the key in the ignition.

Einstein, she's not.

It would be a great thing if someone busted the glass after they saw the keys and stole it, but that murder that happened on june 9 the lady's car was left the same way, makes you think umh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon