Meter Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easier to understand the meter reader if you perhaps put yourself in his place. Now I have not followed so closely as to remember every thing, I only heard the calls once or twice on NG....but as I was listening, I didn't feel anything was hinky.

I believe the meter reader was aware of the Anthony case and due to the nature of his job, realizing he was working in that area in August, he probably was on the lookout. That area looked suspicious to him. He wouldn't have wanted to do anything that would put HIS prints on the area, but he would have wanted to report it to the police. He tried to call the non-emergency # as I recall and got 911 anyway..the dispatcher seemed kind of bored and ho-hum (they probably got tons of calls that didn't pan out)..but I believe that when meter reader called he had reason to believe that was Caylee and he knew it. I think meter reader saw other items around the bad that were suspicious there- other things that were dumped that we now know about. Books, stuffed animals, child items. He put 2 and 2 together....this is near the Anthony home, I see a bag that is the size and shape of a child...there are toys here.... I believe in August when he called he had very good reason to think he had found something that could be Caylee, but not 100% sure. Sure enough to call, though. Maybe he didn't want his employer (the city) to know because maybe he was not supposed to bemessing in that exact area. Some employers are strict about things like this and you have to account for why you're not where you're supposed to be only.

I think he called 3 times in August because he saw something that made him think it was a child's remains, or a child's items dumped and that didn;t look right to him. I think he truly thought at this time it was Caylee.

then in December, Caylee had not been found, so he went back...and this time enough had happened that a skull was exposed, or the bags were comprised enough that if he nudged it, skull came out.

MY question--his 3 calls in August did not lead to reports of Caylee being found. So this would lead someone to think "Oh, well, what I called in turned out not to be her." so Why go back 3 months later looking for the bag?? I think I know the answer- I think it was probably somehwat obvious in August that it was a "corpse" in the bag. So what I don't understand is why the meter reader didn't do more to get something done then- I am NOT blaming him, the deputy should have been more thorough...but....I am just saying if it was me, I would have called LE, waited on them, and walked them to the bad. When they told me to stay back because there was a snake I would have waited by the car, then asked what was in the bad, and asked him to actually go look please. I would have been pushier do to being worried. And if I wasn't satisfied I would probably have tried to get someone else to go with me to check out the bag (right or wrong if I felt that strongly, I would not have been able to rest until I knew). It's not smart to open a bag like that, I probably would've.

My opinion of meter reader is that he did not want to get in trouble with his employer so he couldn't do too much, but he was trying to get the bag checked out because he had some reason to think it was Caylee that was visible to him. The economy's bad and if his emplyer could discipline him or get him in trouble for being off his duties or out of the EXACT area he was supposed to be working....you can't blame him for not wanting to do anything to get his job in trouble...but I also wonder why if it was SO obvious in August it was Caylee, why he couldn;'t get someone's attention and get the bad checked out.

I wonder why he did not want to anonymously call the Cayleee Tip Line. That's the hinkiest thing to me. But if you think about it, you are probably anonymous when your tips do not come to anything but LE most definitely have ways of tracin those tips, maybe this guy was a little afraid of being the one to find the remains, afraid it might look suspicious if it wasn't right on his work trail? I think he could have been like a Websleuther, doing some investigating on his own while in the area and just had no good sounding reason to explain just WHAT he was doing there, you know? He probabyl did not want to say "I was really just nosing around because I know this is the Caylee area. " etc.....

I don't think meter reader himself is hinky. I think his actions are understandable if you try to figure out his circumstances and mindset. And another little aside...about him probably not wanting to be caught being nosy....how many people do you think have NOW gone out to the released crime scene JUST to be nosy and look around? I am obviously a crime buff if I'm here but if I was caught at the crime scene just being nosy, I would be embarrassed. However a part of me would be tempted to go look for myself for no good reason except curiosity and nosiness (and concern of course but I would FEEL nosey)

If Roy K the meter reader is viewing this site, of if anyone who reads here knows him, I hope he has a Merry Christmas and I hope he knows how much the world appreciates his diligence in helping sweet little Caylee to be laid to rest in a dignified manner.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/18344942/detail.html
Very interesting to me- I cant wait to hear the WHOLE story- hopefully it will tie all the pieces together and we'll have a better understanding of really happened between LE and Roy K. - hopefully. I am hoping theres a reasonable explanation why Caylee wasnt discovered after Roys calls as it tears me apart to think she could of been found sooner so I am hoping his conference with the media speaks volumns. I wish something in this case would make some sense-

If Roy K the meter reader is viewing this site, of if anyone who reads here knows him, I hope he has a Merry Christmas and I hope he knows how much the world appreciates his diligence in helping sweet little Caylee to be laid to rest in a dignified manner.

I'm with you! Thank You Mr Kronk!!

whats he doing hanging out in the woods where teenagers go to do drugs and do teenager stuff like argue about music or make out. What is his reason for being back there or around the back of that school? Are the meters back there?

I'd like to seee his computer hard drives just to make sure. He describes the area as a swamp, when really it sounds like a smoking hang out...so which is it?

what is the likleyhood though? zero...it's just bizarre.

More sound bites we havent heard yet from 911 calls from Roy K- coming next on fox-

Molly Lines is talking about facebook posts- some are suspicious of him and some arent- facts need to be investigated, not Roy-
Phil Keating on now- do we know for sure if the bag is the same bag that contained caylee is asked- Phil says we dont know for sure as LE wont tell us- phil thinks its not the same bag- I cant keep up with all hes saying- hope you're watching. A photographer photgraphed the area in August and said there was no water nor did he smell any odor-

whats he doing hanging out in the woods where teenagers go to do drugs and do teenager stuff like argue about music or make out. What is his reason for being back there or around the back of that school? Are the meters back there?

I'd like to seee his computer hard drives just to make sure. He describes the area as a swamp, when really it sounds like a smoking hang out...so which is it?

LOL - remember when we first heard that he was taking a leak and then the story changed to he wasn't? He is way to close to a school to be doing that - seriously!!! I assumed that was why the story changed. Dunno - but he better be careful doing that kind of stuff around a school. :doh:

alot of garbage and matresses in that wooded area- the theory that has come up is the bag was just put there- but Tim says its been there- so how was it missed- I am just trying to type what they are saying- 911 tape coming on

Just to throw this out there - I dont think it is being discussed here but it was on Fox just a minute ago. Some gal mentioned they were suspisious of the meter reader because when he called in he had trouble with the road names. This is not unusual in the meter reading world.
The hand held "computer" you hold has meter #'s and you go by that, not always the road or address. If he is a good reader (like I was :)) he didn't even need to know the names of the streets because the meters would pop up in order of his route.

I bet I walked a million miles and to this day couldn't tell you the street names of my route, but I knew the area well.

Where she was found had been swampy. I doubt he was in the woods behind the school. The area behind the school is much dryer than where she was found. Behind the school there are trails going all directions.. Off the trails it is dense woods with some cleared out areas. Off the trails it was wet when we searched it on Sept 6th with a group from TES. There is also a fence with a gate on it at the entrance of the woods. You can drive a bit of a distance back into it. It was unlocked the day we searched, I don't know if it is consistantly locked and it was just opened that day for searching. We walked back into the woods though and did not drive.

I use the same ones that are just rolled up together, and not attached, but you can bet they are all sealed and cut in a line and go one after the other. I believe can still match up the machine cuts and the lines in the bags from the machines. Kinda like a gun each roller machine has it's own tool marks.

I think you're right about the bags being cut and sealed in a line. I use the same kind. I saw footage of George taking trash to the curb (I believe the video was taken months ago) . It was a large black trash bag with red ties. Different manufacturers use different colored ties (i.e. Hefty has blue ties). If LE took the A's trash bags when the initial search warrant was executed and Casey used bags from that same box, I think LE could tie those bags to the crime scene.

LOL - remember when we first heard that he was taking a leak and then the story changed to he wasn't? He is way to close to a school to be doing that - seriously!!! I assumed that was why the story changed. Dunno - but he better be careful doing that kind of stuff around a school. :doh:

Seriously, where her body was found the school is a bit of distance away and the road bends. Even if he were to go into the woods to pee he would not be exposing himself to kids. It is not like the school is directly across the street and he would have been flashing kids.

Just to make you guys nuts..we have decided to not worry about using the meter readers last name. he put it out there himself..so there you have it.
thanks.

Seriously, where her body was found the school is a bit of distance away and the road bends. Even if he were to go into the woods to pee he would not be exposing himself to kids. It is not like the school is directly across the street and he would have been flashing kids.

Ratz - I just lost a post.

There are laws governing stuff around a certain footage of all schools. Dunno what it is tho. Never intended to imply he was uh flashing kids, lol, just thought maybe he didn't know at first and needed to change his story.

:too much info:

There is no way in he!! I would look in a garbage bag with duct tape on it.....especially if I know a child is missing and presumed dead in that area.I think I would have pursued the police more,but I don't think RK trusted his own thinking. From the 911 calls in aug I'm not sure he even saw a bag.
I think this is where KC dumped her to get rid of the smell fast.Maybe she meant to go back and move her later.

I wouldn't either, I wouldn't even kind of consider it. If the smell of something gave me great pause, and I have never encountered human decomp, so I don't know if I would know on the primal/brain stem level that is was something really wrong or not, but I would never open a duct taped bag or even mess with one.

We hike with our dogs all the time and I can tell you when they are REALLY interested in a bag or something in the bushes I immediately pull them away and keep moving. The malamute is so quick to roll in disgusting things that I then have to deal with on the ride home and bath her (such a lady like creature she is) that we definitely don't hang around to investigate things she thinks smell fascinating.

The malamute is so quick to roll in disgusting things that I then have to deal with on the ride home and bath her (such a lady like creature she is) that we definitely don't hang around to investigate things she thinks smell fascinating.

I will never be able to remove the smell of dead deer from my memory. The smell of my dog after she rolled in them. So horrid.

Ratz - I just lost a post.

There are laws governing stuff around a certain footage of all schools. Dunno what it is tho. Never intended to imply he was uh flashing kids, lol, just thought maybe he didn't know at first and needed to change his story.

:too much info:

I see what you are saying. Since we did not know of the previous three calls, it made more sense that he said he just stepped into the woods to relieve himself. What other reason would he have had to randomly wander into the the spot without the excuse of needing to go. Now that it is out that he called before I doubt he had to pee at all.

Can I ask a stupid question? What was that fence put there for on the other side of the road? What is behind that fence? A development? thought I saw a brown rooftop in one of the crime scene pics beyond that fence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member