Theories On What Happened to Caylee Part #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleeeaaaaazzzzz!..................how about 31 days elapsed since you've seen your child and told no one.

i think someone who's pretty screwed up in the head could just feel kind of ashamed that they "screwed up," shove the dead kid in the trunk, think "i don't want to think about that today, i'll deal with it later" (a la scarlett o'hara), and then dump the body somewhere at some point--and then day by day come up with ways to forget/deny/suppress that it ever happened. then you end up with this rather mish-mashed attempt to cover it up, which we're all trying to make sense of, except there's nothing to make sense of because KC was just trying to pretend the whole thing never happened and was willing to concoct any elaborate scheme to avoid admitting the truth--mostly because she didn't want to look bad. the irony of course is that lying made her look worse.

i'm brand new so go easy on me :eek:

i've been following the case and struggling so much with whether i think it was an accident or out and out murder. i tend to agree casey wasn't feeling THAT much remorse; however, that doesn't prove she murdered caylee. it seems like she's a sociopath, but that doesn't rule out that caylee's death was an accident. that is, maybe she WOULD HAVE murdered caylee, but that doesn't mean she DID.

the other possibility--besides that it was a basically "fortunate" accident from KC's perspective--is that she somehow basically suppressed the death of caylee, so while she knew on some level, it wasn't like if you or i knew. she made up a different story in her head and was able to largely convince herself of it.

other random thoughts i've been having:

if she'd been drugging caylee to go out as some of you claim, where was she leaving her? it seems obvious she couldn't have been leaving her in the trunk because the child would have died from overheating, right? also, the thing i don't much like about the theory she was regularly drugging her...was there ever any indication from caylee's appearance or behavior that she was being abused in any way? i mean, i'd think if she were being xanaxed or chloformed, she'd be looking sedated, having physical/health or even cognitive problems.

and you'd think obviously if KC or anyone was drugging her, they were probably also doing other terrible things, and caylee would have just seemed to be more....neglected. in all the pics of her and videos, even until the last, she never looks like a child who is being abused to me. she is always well-groomed, often has a snack or cup with her. she's being fed and cared for.

something else that occurred to me--is it possible that KC intentionally killed her with chloroform hoping that she could claim it was some kind of accidental drugging? i'm guessing not because KC is not the type to want to admit she drugged her child at all...

the more i think about it, the pool drowning thing is looking more and more feasible, assuming that could account for the level of chloroform found in the trunk. i'd need to see more analysis of the chloroform levels and different ways that could happen.

and about the internet searches: i've thought from the beginning that some of them, or all of them, are red herrings. we just don't know which ones. the chloroform thing could be a coincidence. or it could not be, and the neck breaking one could be, or the one tree hill one could be. any of these could be relevant to caylee's death, or none of them could be. but just probabilistically, not ALL of them are relevant to it.

personally i never thought a search for "one tree hill 100th episode" seemed very ominous. if you're looking for it for the content of the nanny snatching, how would you know it was the 100th episode? aren't some of these searches merely weird coincidences. and i agree your internet search history isn't a very good indication of anything; i search for bizarre things all the time!!!!
Welcome!

I agree with your thoughts. Most people's timelines hypothethise a time, but at that time, I don't think we have enough evidence to be sure if it was accident or not. I give more weight to "not an accident" just because of all the circumstantial evidence in regards to KC's behaviour before and after. I have trouble with theories about doping regularly, but I think a sudden violent outburst is likely. The critical evidence I would like to see is any sign of drug or chloroform in Caylees hair and other samples.

To put "What happened to Caylee" in context, we have four broad theories:

1. KC killed Caylee following a plan she had (at least partially) planned for some time.

2. Caylee was killed "accidentally" from an overdose/mishap involving sedative/chloroform. That is neither a genuine accident, nor a planned out event.

3. KC was killed as a result of some accident, with KC's lack of care being a magor contributing factor.

4. KC, generally angry about her situation, specifically the flare up with Cindy, killed Caylee in a "spur of the moment" outburst.

i'm brand new so go easy on me :eek:

i've been following the case and struggling so much with whether i think it was an accident or out and out murder. i tend to agree casey wasn't feeling THAT much remorse; however, that doesn't prove she murdered caylee. it seems like she's a sociopath, but that doesn't rule out that caylee's death was an accident. that is, maybe she WOULD HAVE murdered caylee, but that doesn't mean she DID.

the other possibility--besides that it was a basically "fortunate" accident from KC's perspective--is that she somehow basically suppressed the death of caylee, so while she knew on some level, it wasn't like if you or i knew. she made up a different story in her head and was able to largely convince herself of it.
other random thoughts i've been having:

if she'd been drugging caylee to go out as some of you claim, where was she leaving her? it seems obvious she couldn't have been leaving her in the trunk because the child would have died from overheating, right? also, the thing i don't much like about the theory she was regularly drugging her...was there ever any indication from caylee's appearance or behavior that she was being abused in any way? i mean, i'd think if she were being xanaxed or chloformed, she'd be looking sedated, having physical/health or even cognitive problems.

and you'd think obviously if KC or anyone was drugging her, they were probably also doing other terrible things, and caylee would have just seemed to be more....neglected. in all the pics of her and videos, even until the last, she never looks like a child who is being abused to me. she is always well-groomed, often has a snack or cup with her. she's being fed and cared for.

something else that occurred to me--is it possible that KC intentionally killed her with chloroform hoping that she could claim it was some kind of accidental drugging? i'm guessing not because KC is not the type to want to admit she drugged her child at all...

the more i think about it, the pool drowning thing is looking more and more feasible, assuming that could account for the level of chloroform found in the trunk. i'd need to see more analysis of the chloroform levels and different ways that could happen.

and about the internet searches: i've thought from the beginning that some of them, or all of them, are red herrings. we just don't know which ones. the chloroform thing could be a coincidence. or it could not be, and the neck breaking one could be, or the one tree hill one could be. any of these could be relevant to caylee's death, or none of them could be. but just probabilistically, not ALL of them are relevant to it.

personally i never thought a search for "one tree hill 100th episode" seemed very ominous. if you're looking for it for the content of the nanny snatching, how would you know it was the 100th episode? aren't some of these searches merely weird coincidences. and i agree your internet search history isn't a very good indication of anything; i search for bizarre things all the time!!!!

Regarding your statement above that was bolded by me...
2 of her closest friends.. Kristina and JG.. both stated in TV interviews this very statement.. That if Casey killed her.. she would have done it painlessly as possible and if it was an accident...she would make up a story and in her head... it would become the reality.

Pleeeaaaaazzzzz!..................how about 31 days elapsed since you've seen your child and told no one. How about duct tape wrapped around the skull? How about 2.6 days in the trunk of the car? Etc., etc., etc.

We have not seen anything (documentation) regarding duct tape for sure.
Remember the woman that stuck her child in the trunk and drove around for weeks this summer? http://www.theweeklyvice.com/2008/09/summer-manywhitehorses-mother-drove.html
She says he accidentally died in May and she bagged him and left him in the trunk. She eluded police in a chase on July 21 (already 60 days past death) wrecked her car and left it at the tow yard. She did not want to be in trouble for stopping at the bar for a drink. She was already under investigation by DH and they started noticing something was wrong in September and found the child in the trunk at the tow yard.

What our new poster is saying... is just because Casey did not report her child missing and stuck her in the trunk and possibly duct taped her (which is not confirmed) did Casey have to drug her, beat her then drown her? What they mean by simple is .... it could have been only ONE of the above scenarios.. not all 3.

The poster you responded to stated she was new and to be nice. :)

I think it was murder and that is based on what I have read and, the fact that LE has enough evidence (a lot we haven't seen) to charge her with Murder before Caylee was found. I don't buy into LE framing KC, which is what CA has been saying. I'm not sure how she killed Caylee but I believe it was on the night of the 15th or early in the morning of the 16th. It has been reported by Fuhrman that he was told by a neighbor that there was a loud fight on the 15th. And I don't believe that the neighbor has any motive to lie. TL said KC could stay the night with him but not Caylee. TL said that KC spent the night of the 14th with him without Caylee and CA said that KC and Caylee did not spend the night at home on the 14th. KC put Caylee somewhere on this night and on the night in early June when I think they were at RM's and Caylee was there when they went to bed and was not there when they woke up. KC said that CA called and had her bring Caylee home. CA denied this ever happened. So I'll guess - KC kept her in the trunk or even a storage unit and that she drugged her with xanax and on the 15th used more and killed her.
Much Worse case senario is that after the fight with CA about stealing money from Grandparents, and if it's true about CA trying to choke KC, and maybe Caylee saying something to CA - KC choked Caylee to death because she couldn't go to TL's while they were riding around the neighborhood the night of the 15th.

I think it was murder and that is based on what I have read and, the fact that LE has enough evidence (a lot we haven't seen) to charge her with Murder before Caylee was found. I don't buy into LE framing KC, which is what CA has been saying. I'm not sure how she killed Caylee but I believe it was on the night of the 15th or early in the morning of the 16th. It has been reported by Fuhrman that he was told by a neighbor that there was a loud fight on the 15th. And I don't believe that the neighbor has any motive to lie. TL said KC could stay the night with him but not Caylee. TL said that KC spent the night of the 14th with him without Caylee and CA said that KC and Caylee did not spend the night at home on the 14th. KC put Caylee somewhere on this night and on the night in early June when I think they were at RM's and Caylee was there when they went to bed and was not there when they woke up. KC said that CA called and had her bring Caylee home. CA denied this ever happened. So I'll guess - KC kept her in the trunk or even a storage unit and that she drugged her with xanax and on the 15th used more and killed her.
Much Worse case senario is that after the fight with CA about stealing money from Grandparents, and if it's true about CA trying to choke KC, and maybe Caylee saying something to CA - KC choked Caylee to death because she couldn't go to TL's while they were riding around the neighborhood the night of the 15th.

Can you lead me to the documentation for the 2 bolded statements above? I guess I looked until my eyes have gone buggy... I thought CA did have Caylee there on the night of the 14th(thinking Casey was working an event) got up with her in the AM and drove up to Mt Dora. Additionally, is there any documentation from Cindy stating to the affect "Casey brought Caylee over the morning of the 15th?"

Can you lead me to the documentation for the 2 bolded statements above? I guess I looked until my eyes have gone buggy... I thought CA did have Caylee there on the night of the 14th(thinking Casey was working an event) got up with her in the AM and drove up to Mt Dora. Additionally, is there any documentation from Cindy stating to the affect "Casey brought Caylee over the morning of the 15th?"
The first one was in an interview and I'll post that when I find it in a bit - the second is what I think KC did

We know that AH's car was towed to AL's parking lot on June 14, KC could easily have put Caylee in AH's car or trunk while she spent the night with AL.

an intentional accident.

KC is a person who was unable to tell her parents she was pregnant until she was in her last trimester. That is mondo-"avoidance"! Being pregnant is HUGE news (bigger than anything) and she "couldn't do it". Avoidance is the operative word.

1. Big fight with CA over the money theft

2. KC has hatred for CA and further hates that CA and Caylee have a continual love-fest that excludes KC

3. CA thought KC was neglectful of Caylee and continually brought it up. The theft was more ammo for CA about how "bad" KC is. CA would have been happy to keep Caylee and let KC party...except resented having pay all the bills and do all the work. CA Constantly the martyr and uses Caylee as pawn.

4. After fight KC in a heightened party mode.."let the chips fall where they may" she thinks.."I want to party like the young person I am!"

5. Caylee left to her own devices in the pool while KC intentionally doing grown up thangs elsewhere.

6. Sure enough...intentional neglect has "worked" ...child drowns...but KC did not realize how bad this would actually feel and then makes flurry of calls (interestingly enough none to Lee)

7. Since family was "ignoring" KC... no one answered calls

8. KC now enters fugue state where she simply wants problem "gone".
puts problem in trunk. Thinks of death as "accident".

9. Next couple of days...KC vaguely thinks about problem in trunk (remember...she has this avoidance feature big time in her make up).

The only thing really wrong with my scenario above is the duct tape. It doesn't fit with the rest of my proposal. It doesn't quite follow that she would open the bag and put the duct tape on the body post mortem... UNLESS it was a measure to shore up the (retroactive) kidnapping idea or to a silly attempt to help hold fluids inside body.

When you think of it, KC is like the keystone cops of murderers. Both Diane Downs and Susan Smith at least got law enforcement to look for a "bad man" for a little while. KC dreamt up the kidnap thing in increments as she felt necessary. CA thought KC was neglectful and KC "proved her right".

an intentional accident.

KC is a person who was unable to tell her parents she was pregnant until she was in her last trimester. That is mondo-"avoidance"! Being pregnant is HUGE news (bigger than anything) and she "couldn't do it". Avoidance is the operative word.

1. Big fight with CA over the money theft

2. KC has hatred for CA and further hates that CA and Caylee have a continual love-fest that excludes KC

3. CA thought KC was neglectful of Caylee and continually brought it up. The theft was more ammo for CA about how "bad" KC is. CA would have been happy to keep Caylee and let KC party...except resented having pay all the bills and do all the work. CA Constantly the martyr and uses Caylee as pawn.

4. After fight KC in a heightened party mode.."let the chips fall where they may" she thinks.."I want to party like the young person I am!"

5. Caylee left to her own devices in the pool while KC intentionally doing grown up thangs elsewhere.

6. Sure enough...intentional neglect has "worked" ...child drowns...but KC did not realize how bad this would actually feel and then makes flurry of calls (interestingly enough none to Lee)

7. Since family was "ignoring" KC... no one answered calls

8. KC now enters fugue state where she simply wants problem "gone".
puts problem in trunk. Thinks of death as "accident".

9. Next couple of days...KC vaguely thinks about problem in trunk (remember...she has this avoidance feature big time in her make up).

The only thing really wrong with my scenario above is the duct tape. It doesn't fit with the rest of my proposal. It doesn't quite follow that she would open the bag and put the duct tape on the body post mortem... UNLESS it was a measure to shore up the (retroactive) kidnapping idea or to a silly attempt to help hold fluids inside body.

When you think of it, KC is like the keystone cops of murderers. Both Diane Downs and Susan Smith at least got law enforcement to look for a "bad man" for a little while. KC dreamt up the kidnap thing in increments as she felt necessary. CA thought KC was neglectful and KC "proved her right".

First the theory doesn't explain the chloroform and neck snapping searches as well as the cryptic stuff on her Myspace page.

I agree that SS did a much better job. When in doubt blame a black guy. Works everytime, unfortunately. :mad:

an intentional accident.

Here is my problem with the whole "drowning in the pool" scenarios. Intentional, not intentional, it doesn't matter. This is an above ground pool. It is level. There is not one inch of that pool where the water is not above Caylee's head. Even with floaties, there is not a single understandable explanation on this planet for putting a two year old child in a pool such as this by herself, or getting out and leaving her in it by herself.
If it was a case of Caylee getting into the pool on her own, I could maybe buy that if the circumstances leading up to this day were different. But not with the bathing suit thrown in, no way in hell did Caylee go put on her bathing suit to sneak in the pool.
So say Casey put her in the swimsuit, and told her they would swim later. I find this hard to believe, as well, because Casey is supposed to be at work, and Caylee with the nanny. We have a pool, and it is pretty obvious when someone has been using it. But say it was this way, then Caylee got tired of waiting and got in the pool on her own. This gives Casey the perfect opportunity to lay blame on Cindy, which, IMO, would be one of her fondest dreams coming true. "Look what you've done, Mother, my precious little girl is dead because you left the ladder out on the pool last night!!" Why wasn't she watching her? Because after she got them dressed to go swimming, then she had to go to the bathroom. No one is ever going to blame her for this, and she can torture Cindy with it to her dying day. I don't believe for one minute she would pass up this kind of opportunity for what we have instead.
Lanie

Here is my problem with the whole "drowning in the pool" scenarios. Intentional, not intentional, it doesn't matter. This is an above ground pool. It is level. There is not one inch of that pool where the water is not above Caylee's head. Even with floaties, there is not a single understandable explanation on this planet for putting a two year old child in a pool such as this by herself, or getting out and leaving her in it by herself.
If it was a case of Caylee getting into the pool on her own, I could maybe buy that if the circumstances leading up to this day were different. But not with the bathing suit thrown in, no way in hell did Caylee go put on her bathing suit to sneak in the pool.
So say Casey put her in the swimsuit, and told her they would swim later. I find this hard to believe, as well, because Casey is supposed to be at work, and Caylee with the nanny. We have a pool, and it is pretty obvious when someone has been using it. But say it was this way, then Caylee got tired of waiting and got in the pool on her own. This gives Casey the perfect opportunity to lay blame on Cindy, which, IMO, would be one of her fondest dreams coming true. "Look what you've done, Mother, my precious little girl is dead because you left the ladder out on the pool last night!!" Why wasn't she watching her? Because after she got them dressed to go swimming, then she had to go to the bathroom. No one is ever going to blame her for this, and she can torture Cindy with it to her dying day. I don't believe for one minute she would pass up this kind of opportunity for what we have instead.
Lanie

Well, I agree...that this is the ideal for Casey ...but do you agree that if she had promised the little one to swim..got on the phone..child drowns (of her own accord but due to neglect)..that conceivably KC could go into panic mode with how "real" the whole thing became? After she realized how final the situation she could have then thought.....this isn't at all as nice and neat as I thought it might be and everyone will blame me. That would be when she went into complete "this will somehow solve itself" mode. It is very much like the pregnancy. She kept putting off dealing with it.
BTW....swimwear is sometimes viewed as "regular clothes" in FL.
I do agree with you that it doesn't quite match up with her searches and the chloroform ..but these might have been very obscure ideas in the back of her mind instead of the forefront of her mind. She could have been very taken with the idea...letting her mind go to how nice it would be if Caylee was gone...the next thing could have been simply somehow "allowing" something grim to happen.

Well, I agree...that this is the ideal for Casey ...but do you agree that if she had promised the little one to swim..got on the phone..child drowns (of her own accord but due to neglect)..that conceivably KC could go into panic mode with how "real" the whole thing became? After she realized how final the situation she could have then thought.....this isn't at all as nice and neat as I thought it might be and everyone will blame me. That would be when she went into complete "this will somehow solve itself" mode. It is very much like the pregnancy. She kept putting off dealing with it.
BTW....swimwear is sometimes viewed as "regular clothes" in FL.
I do agree with you that it doesn't quite match up with her searches and the chloroform ..but these might have been very obscure ideas in the back of her mind instead of the forefront of her mind. She could have been very taken with the idea...letting her mind go to how nice it would be if Caylee was gone...the next thing could have been simply somehow "allowing" something grim to happen.

The flaw I see with any kind of panic is Casey seems to consistently blame others for whatever happens, so I would think her automatic panic response would be to point the finger at someone else, and I don't think it would take her half a second to do it.
She blamed her mother for her being in jail, and also referred to her being arrested as on a whim by LE, knowing full well her child was dead and she was lying out her a$$. She has consistently lied and blamed others for thefts, breakups, etc. It's a pattern.
Also, it isn't so much the chloroform issue for me. I see her becoming more discontent with her life as a mother, and a recent for me is her referring to Zani in an IM with AR weeks before Caylee was killed.
Then, seeing the video of her and TonE in Blockbuster, within what was probably a couple of hours of Caylee's death, she doesn't look the least bit upset.
All JMO.
Lanie

an intentional accident.
*snipped*
As you eloquently illustrated, Affinity, Casey thoroughly established an m.o. to avoid accepting responsibility for anything by mis-truthing for as long as physically (and I do mean physically) possible.

After the discovery of the body you don't read too many posters lauding her CSI-fan capabilities. She's not a strategy-maker. I'm now amazed she almost pulled off the 6/27 dump-the-car-@-Amscot ploy. But, then, that failed miserably too. The "10 minutes at a time" seems a very appropriate descriptive for Casey.

I can still buy either an accidental death or intentional murder based on the available & sourced information (sans speculation).

The absence of 911 calls could simply be another example of Casey's m.o....avoid, avoid, avoid...to buy time, at least until she could come up with a lie that averted the responsiblity away from herself. The trouble was she kept getting away with it...and the 'problem' wasn't going to fix itself.

And, as has been pointed out, she did precious little to bolster the ZFG-story as a plausible alibi when you consider she had 30+ days to do it. As she 'got away' with it...the cover-up became a lower priority than partying, etc. She even screwed over Amy passing her checks KNOWING that Amy was returning...and she avoided telling Amy immediately upon her return when she picked her up @ the airport..."hey, i was running short on cash...i'll make you whole again next week, etc."

In Lee's statement to LE his account of Casey first talking to him in the bedroom 7/15PM when Cindy was outside and they are waiting for LE to arrive is just priceless, IMHO. Lee doesn't understand why Casey is raising the stakes with Cindy on this hide-the-Caylee game and he fast-forwards the events that are about to unfold...doing his best to force Casey to see the reality coming at her @ warp-speed...LE is going to come and say, "ok...take US to Caylee" and...BINGO...the light goes on in Casey's head...and the half-cocked ZFG story is told. The detective interviewing Lee even gets some description of Casey's reaction like, "ok..its game time"..or something similar.

The computer searches could just be coincidental...I dunno.

I developed a whole Casey-was-planning-to-murder-Cindy-and-frame-George-and-it-went-wrong-and-Caylee-was-O.D.'d scenario. Sooo...you could say I run the spectrum :)

Either way, the avoid-@-all-costs m.o. reigns supreme in all of this, IMHO.

The flaw I see with any kind of panic is Casey seems to consistently blame others for whatever happens, so I would think her automatic panic response would be to point the finger at someone else, and I don't think it would take her half a second to do it.
She blamed her mother for her being in jail, and also referred to her being arrested as on a whim by LE, knowing full well her child was dead and she was lying out her a$$. She has consistently lied and blamed others for thefts, breakups, etc. It's a pattern.
Also, it isn't so much the chloroform issue for me. I see her becoming more discontent with her life as a mother, and a recent for me is her referring to Zani in an IM with AR weeks before Caylee was killed.
Then, seeing the video of her and TonE in Blockbuster, within what was probably a couple of hours of Caylee's death, she doesn't look the least bit upset.
All JMO.
Lanie

Right...she is cold cold cold! And on top of being very cold she is undoubtedly a truly poor organizer/planner. It seems by her actions she thought the whole thing could solve itself.

The death happened either in anger or quasi-sloppily "subconsciously-accidentally" and after the initial shock of it KC returned to a seemingly normal state. Like walking around pregnant and not telling anyone you're pregnant. I am not saying she wasn't responsible..I am just saying she is such a poor planner/murderer that her loose plan might have "materialized" and then she may have had a few moments of regret followed by the full blown pretend world that everything is ok

Here in Portland there was a man who killed two of his sons and then went to a restaurant for dinner! After dinner he went home and killed the rest of his family including the family poodle. At the time my best friend worked at 911. I asked her....how could he have done such a thing..? Her answer was..."you are asking for a rational answer to an irrational act". This is the same..everyone here is trying very hard to sort this this out...but, quite frankly..I do not think we will ever arrive at an answer that will satisify us..because it is beyond comprehension.

Right...she is cold cold cold! And on top of being very cold she is undoubtedly a truly poor organizer/planner. It seems by her actions she thought the whole thing could solve itself.

The death happened either in anger or quasi-sloppily "subconsciously-accidentally" and after the initial shock of it KC returned to a seemingly normal state. Like walking around pregnant and not telling anyone you're pregnant. I am not saying she wasn't responsible..I am just saying she is such a poor planner/murderer that her loose plan might have "materialized" and then she may have had a few moments of regret followed by the full blown pretend world that everything is ok

Here in Portland there was a man who killed two of his sons and then went to a restaurant for dinner! After dinner he went home and killed the rest of his family including the family poodle. At the time my best friend worked at 911. I asked her....how could he have done such a thing..? Her answer was..."you are asking for a rational answer to an irrational act". This is the same..everyone here is trying very hard to sort this this out...but, quite frankly..I do not think we will ever arrive at an answer that will satisify us..because it is beyond comprehension.

Bolded by me. I agree with you on these points. In fact, on the rational/irrational, I really, really think Casey thought she could lie to her mother and friends indefinitely, and no one would ever figure out Caylee was missing. All she had to do was avoid her family members. No problem.
Lanie

*snipped*
As you eloquently illustrated, Affinity, Casey thoroughly established an m.o. to avoid accepting responsibility for anything by mis-truthing for as long as physically (and I do mean physically) possible.

After the discovery of the body you don't read too many posters lauding her CSI-fan capabilities. She's not a strategy-maker. I'm now amazed she almost pulled off the 6/27 dump-the-car-@-Amscot ploy. But, then, that failed miserably too. The "10 minutes at a time" seems a very appropriate descriptive for Casey.

I can still buy either an accidental death or intentional murder based on the available & sourced information (sans speculation).

The absence of 911 calls could simply be another example of Casey's m.o....avoid, avoid, avoid...to buy time, at least until she could come up with a lie that averted the responsiblity away from herself. The trouble was she kept getting away with it...and the 'problem' wasn't going to fix itself.

And, as has been pointed out, she did precious little to bolster the ZFG-story as a plausible alibi when you consider she had 30+ days to do it. As she 'got away' with it...the cover-up became a lower priority than partying, etc. She even screwed over Amy passing her checks KNOWING that Amy was returning...and she avoided telling Amy immediately upon her return when she picked her up @ the airport..."hey, i was running short on cash...i'll make you whole again next week, etc."

In Lee's statement to LE his account of Casey first talking to him in the bedroom 7/15PM when Cindy was outside and they are waiting for LE to arrive is just priceless, IMHO. Lee doesn't understand why Casey is raising the stakes with Cindy on this hide-the-Caylee game and he fast-forwards the events that are about to unfold...doing his best to force Casey to see the reality coming at her @ warp-speed...LE is going to come and say, "ok...take US to Caylee" and...BINGO...the light goes on in Casey's head...and the half-cocked ZFG story is told. The detective interviewing Lee even gets some description of Casey's reaction like, "ok..its game time"..or something similar.

The computer searches could just be coincidental...I dunno.

I developed a whole Casey-was-planning-to-murder-Cindy-and-frame-George-and-it-went-wrong-and-Caylee-was-O.D.'d scenario. Sooo...you could say I run the spectrum :)

Either way, the avoid-@-all-costs m.o. reigns supreme in all of this, IMHO.
I agree.
I could have written that myself, though not half as well.

Bolded by me. I agree with you on these points. In fact, on the rational/irrational, I really, really think Casey thought she could lie to her mother and friends indefinitely, and no one would ever figure out Caylee was missing. All she had to do was avoid her family members. No problem.
Lanie

This is what I think as well..She had lied to them about so many things, I think she thought that this would be a piece to cake (so horrible). She would have moved out of state, California maybe, and not have to answer to her parents. She just figured no one would ever question it..Just skirt around the issue, lie, and people will become so confused, they will change the subject..that's her thing..

<snipped>....., and a recent for me is her referring to Zani in an IM with AR weeks before Caylee was killed. ..... <snipped>
I posted a question about this on the 'questions for members' thread. I saw a few IMs between KC and someone....maybe first initial was /I/ but I thought they were after June 15th.

Did KC refer to Zani before June 15th (last day Caylee was alive for sure)?

What about her computer searches....do you (or anyone) know the date(s) she searched Zani's name and/or information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA