New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

I think this killer is unknown to most or all in Jeff Davis Parish. But, he is familiar with the area, and others. I think he is familiar with "dark of night" activities and who might be also. He is a spotter like most serial killers and will take advantage of the vulnerable and knows how.

He is similar to the Houma serial killer as far as targeting the vulnerable but his targets are women not young men. I think the profiler in the blog was wrong about the killer having a family....I think he is a loner as it takes time to stalk similar to the Houma killer.

Derrick Todd Lee and Sean Gillis both had significant others in their lives...Lee's was occasional and Gillis's was a live in who didn't care what he did and may have participated to a degree. (JMO) So, in essence free time was available to these men vs. a structured family environment.

I would be looking at someone who comes and goes without rhyme or reason and doesn't have constant interaction with family. The loner, the family weirdo, etc. I would bet he has also had LE interaction if not from afar. I would look at juvvy records too. Arson crimes as well as crimes against animals. Peeping tom crimes too.

I truly believe this is a serial killer and he won't stop now that he has escalated to this degree.

Those of you following the case of these mysterious deaths might find this interesting:

The following “killer profile” was posted at topix.com on
12/24/08 by belluslitas - Post #18. Please keep in mind this is not an official profile……..it is simply the observation and opinion of a student majoring in Criminal Justice:
Also of interest, a friend of mine who is a Criminal Justice major has said, “I think he is in his 40’s, I also think more that he is white. I think he is picking his females in that general area because he is very familiar with it, he feels very comfortable there. I don’t think this is some broke looser that is doing this either, I think he works and maintains a small family. I think he will kill and kill until he is caught. He is very clever and is covering his tracks very well. I think he lures the young naive girls in his vehicle with drugs and money…..when he gets them there he gets them really high and intoxicated…..I don’t think he can kill if they are straight. I think drugging them makes him feel comfortable with what he does. He finds pleasure when he reads the bodies were found…..I think he wants them found, he takes no trouble to really try to dispose of the bodies. I think he will soon kill again….its in his blood now and when they have killed this many they just boil over for another kill….I think he is smart enough that it will take the authorities a few more kills to catch this one, he seems like he has a very bold personality.”
I did receive permission from the poster to quote her post. I think the criminal justice student’s profile is quite chilling and definitely worthy of consideration.

I am still reading through all of the postings here and will go back and reread but I have some very stupid questions for those who are following this case, TIA if you take the time to answer!

1. Clearly this town is divided as towns were in the past, North side of town and South side of town, divided by railroad tracks. South side of town being referenced as the black side of town...not the word used in a previous post, but I'm sensitive to the use of words that could be percieved as slurs, so I'm not going to use that word. So my question is this for those who know...In the year 2009, is it still unusual to see someone from the north side come over the tracks? Would it catch someone's attention, would it catch someone's attention if a stranger drove through?

2. Is the name fast food restaurant that one of the victims worked at known? Was it one of the chain franchised fast foods (McD's etc.)? Or was it a locally owned food stand? Where was this FF restaurant located? What were the hours of operation?

Kat, I don't know the answer to your 1st question but, in regards to your 2nd one, this is what I've been able to come up with so far:

• Loretta Lewis was known to "hang around" the local Sonic
  • Crystal Zeno worked at the Sonic in Lake Arthur (about 20 minutes from Jennings)
  • Ernestine Patterson worked at Wendy's with Brittney Gary's mother

Kat, I don't know the answer to your 1st question but, in regards to your 2nd one, this is what I've been able to come up with so far:

• Loretta Lewis was known to "hang around" the local Sonic
  • Crystal Zeno worked at the Sonic in Lake Arthur (about 20 minutes from Jennings)
  • Ernestine Patterson worked at Wendy's with Brittney Gary's mother
I've assimilated a lot of this info on my blog.

Is Sonic and Wendy's right off I 10? Or, is a drive through town necessary?

He is similar to the Houma serial killer as far as targeting the vulnerable but his targets are women not young men. I think the profiler in the blog was wrong about the killer having a family....I think he is a loner as it takes time to stalk similar to the Houma killer.

..........(JMO) So, in essence free time was available to these men vs. a structured family environment.

Hi concerned :seeya:

Interesting profile you posted although as far as the person being married/having a family........it's definitely not out of the question......remember the BTK serial killer (Dennis Rader) was married, with children, and still managed to stalk his victims.

Thank you mahmoo for sharing your blog with me. I bookmarked it to go back and peruse:).

Wendy's was the name of the restaurant I was looking for :). It is located where I assumed it would be. OT: I have lived near or driven through many small towns while we have been stationed in the south (not in LA though) and there seems to be what I call a "restaurant row" in most of them. FF restaurants on one road that seem to be lined up, or within a short distance of one another.

As for my first question, way back when that was how things were. I don't know how things are now in the south because I haven't visited family down there (rural MS, shreveport LA, rural area near Memphis TN) since I was a child.

Just trying to get a feel for this town is all, thanks!

Hi concerned :seeya:

Interesting profile you posted although as far as the person being married/having a family........it's definitely not out of the question......remember the BTK serial killer (Dennis Rader) was married, with children, and still managed to stalk his victims.

That's true about Rader except his killings stopped in 1991 and began in the 70's. He started drawing attention to himself in 2004 by letters to the media. I am thinking those years of "retirement" were because his children were young and at home and required more care. By the time he was wanting attention again in 2004 his children were out of the house. IIRC, the children were in their 20's when he was arrested.

Is Sonic and Wendy's right off I 10? Or, is a drive through town necessary?

If I looked at the map correctly, it looks as if it's very close to I-10.

This road, Elton Rd. also looks (my perception) as if it's a major thoroughfare for this town. Lot's of people coming and going, travelers exiting the I-10 for meals.

If I looked at the map correctly, it looks as if it's very close to I-10.

This road, Elton Rd. also looks (my perception) as if it's a major thoroughfare for this town. Lot's of people coming and going, travelers exiting the I-10 for meals.

Here's a map (sorry it's so big).....they're both very close to I-10.
Sonic - 1518 Elton Rd
Wendy's - 1701 Elton Rd

k0rhir.jpg

That's true about Rader except his killings stopped in 1991 and began in the 70's. He started drawing attention to himself in 2004 by letters to the media. I am thinking those years of "retirement" were because his children were young and at home and required more care. By the time he was wanting attention again in 2004 his children were out of the house. IIRC, the children were in their 20's when he was arrested.

That's true.......good point.

Interesting that Elton road is also known as Highway 26. As discussed earlier in this thread Highway 26 runs through Jennings to Lake Charles. At Lake Charles it turns into Highway 14 and meanders off into rural LA.

Have I got that much correct? :)

I found something interesting as I was gathering the info for the blog. It was in an article I had read previously but at the time it didn't really stand out or catch my eye until I read it for a second time. It's regarding 5th victim Muggy Brown:
The 23-year-old’s body was found shortly after 2 a.m. on May 29 on East Racca Road by a Jennings police officer on a routine patrol.
She is the only victim, so far, that was found by a law enforcement officer......all the others were found by private citizens. The thing that stood out to me is the fact that the officer was "routinely" patrolling that area at 2 in the morning. It was on Racca Road leading to the police shooting range and is a rural area just inside the Jennings city limit.

When I posted that information on another forum, a poster that lives in the area responded by posting that when you drive on Racca Road, the beginning of the street is paved then turns into a dirt road. They said it is very dark in that area at night and is considered "out of the way". They also said that many of the locals wonder about the officer finding her at that time of the night/morning in that location.

Interesting that Elton road is also known as Highway 26. As discussed earlier in this thread Highway 26 runs through Jennings to Lake Charles. At Lake Charles it turns into Highway 14 and meanders off into rural LA.

Have I got that much correct? :)

Highway 26 leads to Lake Arthur :blowkiss:

When I posted that information on another forum, a poster that lives in the area responded by posting that when you drive on Racca Road, the beginning of the street is paved then turns into a dirt road. They said it is very dark in that area at night and is considered "out of the way". They also said that many of the locals wonder about the officer finding her at that time of the night/morning in that location.

<very respectfully snipped:)>

I was trying to look at the dump sites on the google map of Jennings. It's difficult to zoom and such because only street names are given.

Victims: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 are in reasonably close proximity to Racca Road. Each dump site can be accessed by exiting Highway 26. They look like a cluster.

I'm trying to figure out how convienent the travel from Highway 26 would be from where the above mentioned victims were found to where victims 3 and 7 were found. It appears that there is a road that may run from one area to another but there is a dog leg turn in that road called 1126.

I found something interesting as I was gathering the info for the blog. It was in an article I had read previously but at the time it didn't really stand out or catch my eye until I read it for a second time. It's regarding 5th victim Muggy Brown:
She is the only victim, so far, that was found by a law enforcement officer......all the others were found by private citizens. The thing that stood out to me is the fact that the officer was "routinely" patrolling that area at 2 in the morning. It was on Racca Road leading to the police shooting range and is a rural area just inside the Jennings city limit.

I read that and wondered about it myself. He would be, of course, familiar with the area as the police shooting range was located there and most LE work 12 hour shifts. What I think happened is he was patroling and smelled the decomposition as this was in May and it was a newly murdered victim and he investigated more thoroughly.

If the police officer was the serial killer I would doubt he would open himself up to intense investigation by pointing out the remains. But, stranger things have happened.

After reading a lot of the posts on here and following the links to articles, my gut feeling is that this man that is doing these murders has connections to the Lake Charles. I would be surprised if he is a truck driver, or one of the drug runners that access I-10 to run their drugs.

He is picking them up in Jennings. He is dumping the bodies at the outskirts of Jennings off a highway that runs to Lake Charles.

Where is he killing them? In that rural area where their bodies are dumped? Does he pick them up, kill them and dump their bodies on his way home to Lake Charles?

Thanks for humoring me mahoo! I'm a newbie! :blowkiss:

LOL........no problem........it's confusing and I have to keep referring to the maps myself.

Try this map and see if it helps you figure out travel routes you were asking about. If you put your mouse on the left edge of the map the two arrows will come up and you can pull them to the left past the location descriptions and make the map larger. You can zoom in and out too.

Mahoo, do you think they may have stepped up patrol of that area, at all times of the night since she was number 5 and other than number 3 all of the victims were found in fairly close proximity? Would that be an explanation of why the policeman was out there at that time of night?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back