George's Possible "Suicide" Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This note should have been private, but it's not, and if it's true that George thinks the little double bagged body thrown away like trash just seconds from his home wrapped in her own bedding and the decomposition in his daughter's trunk don't have anything to do with his daughter, he's batpoop crazy. This whole family just seems hopelessly blind to reality. It's really kind of scary, and very sad. My heart goes out to George. Underneath it all, he seems like a decent guy. Even though things will never be the same for him as they were, I think he still has much to offer, so I wish the truth could set him free to move forward in life. Hopefully, someday it will when, and if, he can finally face it.

Did anyone else hear (on NG I) think that CA was really angry at GA about this? Good grief!

Their (the A's) whole world has been taken away from them and not by their choosing. Casey made the choice to take away her whole world.

i understand exactly what you are saying .. however i think it is morally wrong to air such a personal thing.. and people do have rights to privacy even when a crime has been committed .. what is public on the police record is fine but the police arnt going to publish the letter ..so how would anyone get thier hands on it ? this is what im saying that letter isnt public record

Alright, I see where your coming from now.:)

Maybe I'm not as open minded as I believed I was. I've always thought the elder A's had something to do with Caylee's murder and it's most likely clouding my judgment. I guess I won't be picked to be on the jury. lol

BTW-I'm loving the baby pic in your siggy. Precious.

I am interested in the "dark veiled references" to Casey's friends. I hear a bus coming down the road.

Me too, on both accounts!

Here's what Chief Chitwood said on NG last night - so far I think his is the only first person account we have? And he didn't say much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1-kzO8DkH8&feature=channel_page

(about 1:55)
CC: And then the little bit of that letter that I read, and I can't go too much into stuff because I am sure Orange County Investigators are looking at it, it's quite obvious that he had a very, very strong attachment to his granddaughter, and, uh, you know as a parent myself, and a grandparent, I can't imagine it, it just seems unimaginable the stress that this whole thing has placed on him and pushed him, uh, probably to the ultimate edge there, and uh, you know fortunately, uh, things are gonna work out.

(about 5:30)
NG: Chief Chitwood, many people are speculating this evening that he realizes that the tot mom killed little Caylee and it made him suicidal, but as a matter of fact apparently in the letter he still is defending the tot mom...?

CC: Yeah, uh, you know, I didn't glean anything from that, uh, that would indicate any, any statements of, that, that, Casey did anything wrong.

NG: Exactly. So he was preparing to go to his grave defending his daughter, Casey Anthony.

Did anyone else hear (on NG I) think that CA was really angry at GA about this? Good grief!

I heard something about that, though not the adjective "really", just that CA was angry. I think it was on NG, because when it was said, I remarked on it to the person watching with me, so it had to NG or GVS. I think it was a video roll of a local interview with the Anthony attorney and he said it, wasn't it?

Alright, I see where your coming from now.:)

Maybe I'm not as open minded as I believed I was. I've always thought the elder A's had something to do with Caylee's murder and it's most likely clouding my judgment. I guess I won't be picked to be on the jury. lol

BTW-I'm loving the baby pic in your siggy. Precious.
aww ty yep she is my little angel :) her horns hold up her halo sometimes tho hehe :dervish:

Their (the A's) whole world has been taken away from them and not by their choosing. Casey made the choice to take away her whole world.
sometimes that is a response from someone you love doing that .. my friend killed himself i was sooo mad at him .. it took me months to get past the anger and let the sadness hit me .. he blew his head off with a gun he was someone i dated while i was a teen and i loved him .no letter no nothing just gone

now, this is what I don't like. That note and the texts are private and personal and should stay that way! so unfair to GA. my heart breaks for him.

I would love to see the note and texts just to satisfy my morbid curiosity, but I agree they should remain private. If there is evidence in them, fine, bring it out in court, but if there isn't we don't have the right to go snooping through the man's personal life. JMO

I think that there are many things that we discuss that fall under the personal and private so why now are many saying "no way"? I was very offended that people were talking about incest (when there is no basis for this idea) and Cindy's medication.

Less than 15% of those who successfully commit suicide actually leave notes. Between the texts and the note, I feel IMO that this was a cry for help.

I think if we analyze the note WITHOUT the emotional aspect and mud slinging, that it has a place in sleuthing. The police are going to analyze the note I am sure.

I would like to see the note, not to slam GA or CA or KC but rather from a "forensic" standpoint.

Ultimately, I feel KC committed this act on her own but there is a small "investigative" part of me that would like to rule out involvement of any one else, either pre or post mortem.

Everyone involved needs to take responsibility for their own actions. It is ill advised that the A's would continue to publicly assert that KC is a princess, angel when at the VERY least, it is clear to everyone she is a liar and manipulator. Brad C. has done a very good job IMO of getting them to keep their mouths shut.

We should keep our eyes on the evidence, whatever form that comes in, and try to keep our personal feelings on the rant thread or in the parking lot.

I myself have crossed the line between evidentiary things and personal feelings. Luckily there is an edit button and the mods to remind me.

I pray GA will find the strength to do the right thing, whatever that may be...

If I were Cindy, I would be furious too. How dare he take the easy way out. Mine, I'm sure will not be a popular opinion but I can't imagine going through the devastating loss of my grandchild and my daughter charged for her murder then having my husband up and commit suicide. What a selfish and weak thing to do. I'll save the rest of my humble opinion for the rant thread.

If JB requests a copy of the letter as discovery of the case against his client then the letter will be released under the sunshine law...Should this be the case, I dont think so since it apparently as far as has been stated does not say anthing about the crime itself...But the fact that it could have something about KC friends I would imagine that JB will want a copy of it...

I cannot not would I want to even imagine what this family is going thru, and hopefully with some pychiatric help George will be able to get healthy..

A parent may place blame on friends in the sense that they led their own child down a path of partying, staying out late, being irresponsible, etc. KWIM?

Maybe it's as simple as he feels they were a bad influence on his daughter or maybe he feels they are partly to blame by not speaking up about things they may have seen or heard.

Some parents do this all the time when it comes to their child, i.e., Johnny never would have started using drugs if he hadn't started hanging around Billy!! Therefore, it's all Billy's fault.
JMHO

Yeah and bolded above could be considered libelous.

Yes, on NG, Drew Petrimo said that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1-kzO8DkH8&feature=channel_page

(about 3:00)
NG: Drew, what is his status right now?
DP: They say he's doing ok, he's been, the Baker Act stipulates that he should be kept under surveillance for 72 hours but I've talked to his attorney, he says he's doing better, he's in bed, he's talked with Cindy Anthony. She was at first distraught over this whole news then he said almost, she was almost kind of angry that, that this happened, but they're going over to visit him now after he left the press conference earlier today. His attorney was going to visit him, he says that, you know, he's alive so that's the best thing that they can take away from today because, as the attorney said, that they were at one time really scared that he had already hurt himself if you hear the 911 call.

It seems to me CA could be angry over many different aspects of this. I am not reading much into that.

A parent may place blame on friends in the sense that they led their own child down a path of partying, staying out late, being irresponsible, etc. KWIM?

Maybe it's as simple as he feels they were a bad influence on his daughter or maybe he feels they are partly to blame by not speaking up about things they may have seen or heard.

Some parents do this all the time when it comes to their child, i.e., Johnny never would have started using drugs if he hadn't started hanging around Billy!! Therefore, it's all Billy's fault.

JMHO

This has become the biggest problem in our country. Parents are blaming other kids for something their child has done. Casey's friends did not kill Caylee---Casey did! If they did, they would be in jail right now, and not Casey.

Up until today, I have felt sorry for GA. After reading and having some insight on suicide, I have changed my thoughts somewhat. People who are seriously planning suicide, actually follow through with it. They do not usually text people or write letters to give them a headsup. Sounds cold, but true. As much as I feel sorry for the A's, some of this "attention" has been brought on by themselves. It's only recently that they have kept their opinions and thoughts to themselves-until yesterday.

And, I agree with the posting stating that once you break the law your privacy is gone. This is a public forum where opinions are expressed (not as fact). So for those people who feel their should be privacy during this time-feel free not to post.

I agree. George's letters and text messages should not be available for public consumption. They have nothing to do with Caylee's murder. Even if he did confess knowledge, that should only be brought up in trial, if allowed in at all. IMO, this crosses the line.

But remember, Melinda Duckett's suicide letters were made public. I don't know....I'm interested in reading them but I wouldn't want anyone reading mine...know what I mean??

Originally Posted by buckeyefan1

"Their (the A's) whole world has been taken away from them and not by their choosing. Casey made the choice to take away her whole world."

"sometimes that is a response from someone you love doing that .. my friend killed himself i was sooo mad at him .. it took me months to get past the anger and let the sadness hit me .. he blew his head off with a gun he was someone i dated while i was a teen and i loved him .no letter no nothing just gone"

My mother committed suicide when I was barely 14 years old. It took me years to get over being angry at her and to begin to empathyze with her. The fact that her suicide set our lives into a tailspin that lasted years just fueled the anger and made it that much harder to come to grips with the fact that she'd left her three children. To me her suicide was proof positive that she did not love me. I now know that she probably loved us very much but had so many personal demons eating at her that she just could not take it anymore.

If the note is believed to have evidentiary value, then it should be released. Otherwise, I think it should remain undisclosed.

I wish some people would have a little compassion. Yes, suicide is a "crime" but it's less malicious and more an intense cry for help. Which hopefully, he is receiving. As someone who has gone through severe clinical depression, I still can't imagine these circumstances. Unless you've been at the point where you consider suicide, you don't know how scrambled your brain feels. I never made a true attempt, but all you can see is your pain. You know how if you have a toothache, the pain is terrible because it's so close to your brain? That's how it feels in the darkest throes of depression. Usually, it's thoughts of your family that stop you at the last moment. Ironically, it's the inability to focus on such things that gets you there.

Sadly, for GA, the disruption and turmoil in his family probably led him to this. And losing the granddaughter you loved so much? I can only feel pity for the man.

I've met George Anthony, and although I'm not a big fan of the Anthony family, I do think I'm a pretty good judge of character. This is a man who was beyond desperate to find his granddaughter. His eyes and his whole countenance screamed for help and closure. I met CA, too, but she seemed too medicated to help with an objective impression.

But remember, Melinda Duckett's suicide letters were made public. I don't know....I'm interested in reading them but I wouldn't want anyone reading mine...know what I mean??

Yes, I think I do.

But, if you don't want your secrets known, don't write them down.

I maintain that IMO, George had to know any note he left would be read by the public and he wrote it intending for his thoughts to be conveyed. That's why, IMO, he included his assertion that Casey was innocent. Why would he need to say that to Cindy or Lee? They already know what he really thinks about that.

I heard something about that, though not the adjective "really", just that CA was angry. I think it was on NG, because when it was said, I remarked on it to the person watching with me, so it had to NG or GVS. I think it was a video roll of a local interview with the Anthony attorney and he said it, wasn't it?

I'm not surprised in the least that this was Cindy's reaction to George's pain and distress. She's obviously an extremely cold, and calculating woman (I'm still waiting to see her shed some real tears over Caylee). I think having to live with her could lead anyone to take desperate measures to get themselves away.

George's only hope to get through this, come to terms with what has REALLY happened in his family, and start to heal is to LEAVE CINDY.

Yes, I think I do.

But, if you don't want your secrets known, don't write them down.

I maintain that IMO, George had to know any note he left would be read by the public and he wrote it intending for his thoughts to be conveyed. That's why, IMO, he included his assertion that Casey was innocent. Why would he need to say that to Cindy or Lee? They already know what he really thinks about that.

That's a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members