Source: Casey's Attorney Marketing Photos To Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it's the atty's that are doing the brokering or are they using an go between like a PR or media firm?

What a disgusting bunch of weasels.

I don't know if they can stop her since she's not convicted yet. If she's giving the photos to Baez at no charge and he's selling them and collecting the payment himself, does that get around the 'no profiting from your crime' laws?

I am not sure, but don't think so. But I think if her parents are selling them (perhaps claiming they already owned them, and they probably did own some) they can probably get around it that way. I don't think anything could stop them from giving the money to JB. But I may be wrong.

Heck...that would get her a couple more experts even....lol :blowkiss:

And hopefully humiliate her in the process... but I won't get my hopes up. She has no shame.

The article says Casey is selling the, there is no mention of the A's. If the article is wrong about that, perhaps the entire article should not be considered credible.

What will it take? Really, it's an honest question....:crazy:

Shouldn't someone tell Baez that if Casey does not have the money to pay him that there is something called A PUBLIC DEFENDER!!!
:furious::behindbar:furious:

The article says Casey is selling them, there is no mention of the A's. If the article is wrong about that, perhaps the entire article should not be considered credible.

I don't see anywhere where it says that "Casey is selling them"??? I read this...

"Eyewitness News has learned Casey Anthony is willing to part with more photos of her dead daughter to help pay for her defense." That might mean she is selling them, but I'm not so sure.

I forget exactly what was posted about the law on this, but I recall a couple of weeks ago Impatientredhead generously shared the law and I think, but may be wrong, that it allows for the State to trace the money back after a conviction, that is, if she pays Baez or any of her experts with it, and is convicted, they can recover the monies she paid out. But, I may be wrong. Does anyone else remember what the legislation said? I'll see if I can find a link.

Casey Anthony owns the image of her daughter.
If her parents took pics and then try to sell them,
well, they could actually be sued. Casey owns Caylee's
image. Period.

The article says Casey is selling them, there is no mention of the A's. If the article is wrong about that, perhaps the entire article should not be considered credible.

I read something on here not too long ago (maybe someone will remember and find it) that during the time Casey was on bond she had gathered photos and videos and put them on a CD and had given them to Baez. That probably is where they are coming from.

Now I wonder, is Cindy and Baez going to start a "battle of the pics" between them as who do they belong to? Who took the photos? Who bought the camera? Who's computer did they come from? Anyway, I hate to think what else is going to happen before this murdered child even gets buried.:mad:

What about that bulging backpack she carried into Baez's office almost every day ?

I think Casey took a lot of digital photos of Caylee. A lot of the photos we have seen came from her photobucket account, etc. So if she has tons of photos in a digital format, no backpack is necessary. They would fit on something as tiny as a micro SD card, or they could be uploaded to a file host somewhere for easy access by anyone who had the password.

IMO...this just seems like a diversion from all the other kaka going on with the defense....like "will the real TB please stand up"....a family in Ct, no a family in Tx is paying for the PR firm....Casey's legal bills are being paid by an "anonymous" benefactor as per JB at one time....TB works for JB, yet doesn't speak for him.....I could go on ad naseum. Me thinks they need to try to get ONE story and stick with it. The defense is tryin to blow smoke because EVERYONE is starting to look into the money trail.

Shouldn't someone tell Baez that if Casey does not have the money to pay him that there is something called A PUBLIC DEFENDER!!!
:furious::behindbar:furious:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
I Rest My Case.

I bet kC is sitting on her bunk swinging her legs back & forth singing, "Money for nothin get your kicks for free" :furious:

No doubt in my mind that the money will be gone before she is convicted. I do agree..the law needs to change. If you can't afford a lawyer, then you can't sell your dead child's photos, instead you do like I would have to do and take a public defender!

Makes me wonder who came up with the idea. If it were Baez, is that okay? Is there such a thing as influencing your client for your own ends?

Too bad she can make a profit now, er, rather JB and she can now!

Well well well ...... good reason to let this carry on and on and on....... if she is convicted - - no selling photos, no pay for JB etc OMG it just makes me sick - literally.

Whats that saying? .....She'd have to climb a ladder to kiss a snakes belly?

Something like that, anyway, thats our KC/JB.......despicable!

moo

Casey Anthony owns the image of her daughter.
If her parents took pics and then try to sell them,
well, they could actually be sued. Casey owns Caylee's
image. Period.

Are you sure? I think you can give pictures away. Celebrities give pics away all the time, and they are often re-sold and the celebs don't say "they are mine". You think you can't give a photo to someone else and transfer ownership in any circumstances by doing that?

No doubt in my mind that the money will be gone before she is convicted. I do agree..the law needs to change. If you can't afford a lawyer, then you can't sell your dead child's photos, instead you do like I would have to do and take a public defender!

Makes me wonder who came up with the idea. If it were Baez, is that okay? Is there such a thing as influencing your client for your own ends?

Are you sure? I think you can give pictures away. Celebrities give pics away all the time, and they are often re-sold and the celebs don't say "they are mine". You think you can't give a photo to someone else and transfer ownership in any circumstances by doing that?

Hey bunny,

It's a loose area unless ya want to get tough about it. Most celebs don't go through the hassle of suing every time - but they own their own image.

The Sinatra family, I believe, went after some using Frank S.'s pics, etc. MLK,Jr is guarded closely. these are the more aggressive ones.

If an image is being sold for profit or for damage/disgrace - sure you can sue.
Will be interesting how the Anthony's/Casey handle some of the pics printed of her - a couple anyway.

JB said he would deal with certain media after this is all over for malicious rumors - wouldn't be surprised at what that stirs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01