FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the long wait between announcing the presser and the presser? For those who are experts in these matters what does that normally mean?

It was announced on the presser yesterday afternoon that LE would hold pressers at 4pm on Sat and Sun. I think LE is just setting a routine so that reporters don't bug them all day long.

I feel certain this would have been high on law enforcement's priority list, confirming Dad's time schuedule at work that night. With the history concerning this family, I feel strongly we are not looking at a stranger abduction. This is a sad story, and although I don't have good feeling's about the welfare of Haleigh, I continue to pray for her safety and quick return. My opinion only.

Emphasis mine

In the South, biscuits are for any occasion! And grits.
YUUUMMMMM! You got me OT - but a HUGE bowl of grits with lots of salt and butter!!! Got my mouth waterin' - can't you tell I'm just an old southern belle?

No kidding, I have a few well seasoned pans myself,LOL

I hide those pans from the guests! They are clean but look awful. The pic was cute though. Looks like granny was having fun.

Ok, back on topic. what's new today? Any pressers coming up? What time?

My apology if already posted.

Haleigh Cummings Search 02/14/09 Update

Posted on 14. Feb, 2009 by B Tarr.

02/14/09 Volunteers began showing up this morning before 7:00am. Foot searchers and horseback searchers are arriving in the droves, as I type this message. We are so grateful for all of the support we are receiving from the community and law enforcement.
It is raining here in Satsuma, and is expected to rain for a while. [...]

http://texasequusearch.org/

Thank you, just because their family may not look like we do, doesn't mean people have to tear them to shreds, it's not right

I couldn't agree more. It reminds me of what poor Marc Lunsford went through when Jessica first disappeared.

Thinking about the evidence they found.....Does anyone know how many times it has rained there since the search started? My first thought was blood, sorry to be graphic....but then I wondered about the weather and the effects of it.

YUUUMMMMM! You got me OT - but a HUGE bowl of grits with lots of salt and butter!!! Got my outh waterin' - can't you tell I'm just an old southern belle?

MMMMM, sausage gravy for me...but oh please leave out the turtle and frog. Can you tell my fam was from the South?

MMMMM, sausage gravy for me...but oh please leave out the turtle and frog. Can you tell my fam was from the South?

OK!!!!!! Just stop with the food talk already!!!!!! Now I have to go raid the fridge again........:mad:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=131276&catid=17

Not sure the link will work, but one poster (WHO COULD BE A LIAR) says that dad has another infant child that he doesnt see or support. This would be interesting to say the least if true. Also, my apologies for the comments on the picture, I had a weak moment, I'm sorry guys

From link in qoute:

"A canine officer followed a track that lead directly out the back door of the home and down a wooded path. Deputies found what appeared to be a small footprint in the dirt, but noted Haleigh's shoes were still inside her home.
The tracking dog led deputies to a pond and back to Green Drive [map it], Haleigh's street. Deputies looked inside a small building with a door that had been left open. Nothing was inside.
The track continued north past Haleigh's home down Monroe Avenue and onto Buchan Circle, which looped back to Monroe Avenue. The canine officer continued to track down Buffalo Bluff Road but lost the track at the railroad crossing."

Does Haleigh have more than 1 pair of shoes? I realize the shoe tread would be different..

Sounds like the k9's tracked from the house right out the back door through a wooded path, to down the street and back onto their street again then down Buffalo Bluff to the tracks.

Sounds like if someone had Haleigh, they went past the house again with her? That's odd.

I have a feeling they are going to find Haleigh very soon. She probably isn't very far and they only have to look in the right area for her. The "items" being found so quickly tells me the perp wasn't careful in covering up. It would probably mean the perp didn't take much time to hide her either.

From link in qoute:

"A canine officer followed a track that lead directly out the back door of the home and down a wooded path. Deputies found what appeared to be a small footprint in the dirt, but noted Haleigh's shoes were still inside her home.
The tracking dog led deputies to a pond and back to Green Drive [map it], Haleigh's street. Deputies looked inside a small building with a door that had been left open. Nothing was inside.
The track continued north past Haleigh's home down Monroe Avenue and onto Buchan Circle, which looped back to Monroe Avenue. The canine officer continued to track down Buffalo Bluff Road but lost the track at the railroad crossing."

Does Haleigh have more than 1 pair of shoes? I realize the shoe tread would be different..

Sounds like the k9's tracked from the house right out the back door through a wooded path, to down the street and back onto their street again then down Buffalo Bluff to the tracks.

Sounds like if someone had Haleigh, they went past the house again with her? That's odd.

I don't think it's odd. I maintain it is a not-so-cleverly designed ploy to throw trascking dogs off the trail.

I'm wondering where her bus stop was. Could that have been the "track" that the dogs followed? As for the footprint - IDK - was it visible enough to tell if it was made with a shoe or a bare foot?

I have a feeling they are going to find Haleigh very soon. She probably isn't very far and they only have to look in the right area for her. The "items" being found so quickly tells me the perp wasn't careful in covering up. It would probably mean the perp didn't take much time to hide her either.

I apologize for not being able to keep up. I haven't attempted this morning. Do we know yet exactly what items were found and where they were found? Thanks!

twitter update

Sun exclusive: Grandmother, Marie Griffis, apologizes to Ronald and g.f. Misty for raising suspicion in media. Read more on gainesville.com.
7 minutes ago from mobile web

My heart is just breaking for the conditions under which some children are allowed to be raised. It isn't about income or even educational level either, it is about priorities for God's sake! It is about VALUING our children enough to make the necessary sacrifices. Enough to settle disputes between parents privately instead of exposing them to bitterness and retaliation. Enough to be careful who we allow into their lives. Good Lord I have HAD it with "adults" acting like children--only I don't mean childlike I mean childish and selfish. OMG just LOOK at this seedy cast of characters, and the cesspool of child predators all lurking w/in a mile or two. I'm just disgusted. Where is this litte baby? All these so called "adults," but it doesn't seem like anyone was putting Haleigh or her brother first. Sorry, but this guy sounds like the dad from downunder--LOOK at this guy's rap sheet--and his gf is a child herself and wth happened to HER parents anyway? Disgusted. Sorry for the rant. It's just never seemed so clear that in some cases, what we have aren't simply innocent parents of an abused child or abduction but an accident waiting to happen, a trainwreck in motion. JMO
:parrot:

I apologize for not being able to keep up. I haven't attempted this morning. Do we know yet exactly what items were found and where they were found? Thanks!

Not yet. LE hasn't said explicitly, but have offered tantalising teasers.

No. Not a clue yet. Only that they could change the "type of investigation" LE does today as the Sheriff put it so mysteriously.

Sadly I say...... I TOTALLY agree with you!

I believe they will find her in the next 24 hours.

I don't think it's odd. I maintain it is a not-so-cleverly designed ploy to throw trascking dogs off the trail.

Like whoever it was, wanted to leave a false trail, but didn't realize they'd also leave one when they went back home?

I also wonder if Misty and the kids went for a walk the day before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabbitfoot