WESH: Duct Tape Info in the Document Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think I may need a few days to try to mentally and emotionally prepare for some of the things we were expecting to see all along, and yet still make us want to throw up when we see it.

That's what I was thinking. I'm afraid that, as bad and horrible things have been, we have not begun to scratch the surface of what happened and what KC is capable of. I think it's going to get really, really ugly.:behindbar

Bolded by me

I don't know about that, but I'll bet my pocket change that someone bought her story, hook, line, sinker and multi-million dollar media contract. :crazy:

LOL! I'm sure Baez will make plenty off of this! She couldn't possibly sell a book prior to the court date, could she? I know that after her conviction she can't profit, but can she before?

Interesting. Do you think duct tape on a live Caylee points to premeditation more strongly than duct tape on an already-deceased child? I'm leaning that way.

Ya know, I'm not sure. In a way I think duct tape on a live child speaks of a rage killing, in the moment, although they say it only takes a second for it to be considered premeditation so...

From wesh.com:

"Orlando defense attorney Richard Hornsby said the duct tape evidence brings the possibility of the death penalty back in to play. Hornsby said it may force Anthony’s defense attorney, Jose Baez, to "put Casey on the stand" or "consider a plea bargain."

So has this guy Hornsby seen the documents or is he just speculating about the duct tape evidence?

An article about one of the defense experts:

http://www.thesudburystar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1419288

"He doesn't judge the accused when he's involved in either side of a case, he said, and he doesn't go in and "find the smoking gun. Sometimes it doesn't exist, and in fact it rarely does."

Um, looks like he'll be surprised when he gets wind of this latest batch of docs. I can't see much more of a 'smoking gun' in this case than the duct tape identifying KC.

See, I don't think she was worried about being caught! She has gotten away with everything her entire life, why would anything be different now?? IMOO!
Exactly. For example, wouldn't anyone know that if they lie about a phone call received, the way she did about the fictional call from her daughter on the day 911 was finally called, it can be determined in about 5 minutes if the call really took place? casey does not think about those things because she has never had to. She lies and everyone buys it. She either flashes a big smile or throws a big fit and no one challenges her. Boy has that changed now!

LOL! I'm sure Baez will make plenty off of this! She couldn't possibly sell a book prior to the court date, could she? I know that after her conviction she can't profit, but can she before?

Yes, she can and has; that's what's funding the defense. There was recently a thread about JB out hawking pics again.

Interesting. Do you think duct tape on a live Caylee points to premeditation more strongly than duct tape on an already-deceased child? I'm leaning that way.

IIRC, the last doc dump indicated it was just a piece of duct tape over the mouth area. That leads me to believe she was in a state where she couldn't tear it away; either deceased or unconscious.

Tell them to keep the faith. My son and his wife just adopted a baby...he is wonderful. It will happen for them too.

Oh! Congratulations on your new grandson. Nice news in the midst of all this!

I don't think media organizations would enter into a contract with Baez or Casey now, knowing that the probability of a CONVICTION is much higher now.

Hey, hey, guys--I'm a librarian!!!!! If you throw all those books at her, I'll have to shelve them (after I wash 'em).

Throw something else--bologna?? Maybe??

Coleslaw?:biglaugh:

I'm not so sure that LE would grant them that courtesy and they are not obligated to do so. Baez would more than likely be the ones to tell them, but not sure if attorney/client priviledge may prevent him from doing so unless KC agreed. The hosipital visist with stomach problems kinda makes me think that Jose bought her story hook, line and sinker. Now he is going to have to think of her as a murderer, not as a victime herself.

Oh no, I can't stand the guy but he's not that stupid. He's known from day one that his client is guilty as sin, believe me. He just doesn't care. he sees it as a challenge, a source of money and fame. Truth doesn't fit into any equation JB is a part of, IMO.

With LKB on her dream team, I don't see her pleading. But how sweet that would be if you're right.

You're assuming that the experts will come up with something to dispute the state's case -- I'm not. They get paid or not, as the case may be, for taking a look and more for testifying. I'm betting most are not going to testify. After this dump, I expect at least some of her experts to drop out. We likely won't know for sure until trial, when they're not called, but still, I think they will. Not everyone is for sale. That being said, I'll be snarky and suggest that HL may still testify. ;)

Incriminating. Premeditated. Intentional.

Fingerprints of KC would be incriminating but do not prove intent or premeditation unless little Caylee's teeth prints are on the tape from trying to bite it, or even her little fingerprints from trying to remove the tape.

Maybe LE was able to match the tape to tape found at the house. Or matching fibers, dog hair, KC's hair was also on the tape.

I think JB found out on Friday, which sent him to the hospital because it was over the top and showed him what a beast she really is. The heart shaped sticker on the duct tape sent me to the bathroom to puke and she isn't my client. Imagine having hugged her, shaken her hand and had light hearted chit chats with her. Eeew.

Poor AL. I would want to peel off my skin from every where my body touched hers. I would feel infected with evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Okleyka_yeol