WESH: Duct Tape Info in the Document Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure there are restrictions on what you can take!

You can not just get a warrant for one thing and take totally unrelated stuff just on the off chance!

Anything related to the investigation can be taken, LE would have to make the call.

You can not just get a warrant for one thing and take totally unrelated stuff just on the off chance!
Research the laws of search and seizure. I think in some cases, they're pretty broad...It's a constitutional issue that's been brought before the U.S. Supreme Court before.

I know. :waitasec: The article says 500 pages and then later says 1100.
It very specifically says 500 pages and 1100 pages

<quote:>
Two days after defense attorney Jose Baez got the hundreds of "bombshell" documents last week, he went into the hospital for tests. His spokeswoman said he had a stomach ache, but said it's nothing that will slow down his work on the case.

Monday, another 1,100 pages of evidence was handed over to the defense team, including transcripts of statements witnesses gave to investigators and there's more computer evidence in the case that will go public sometime soon.
<end quote:>

bold above by me.

ETA: Link to article;
http://www.wftv.com/news/18734025/detail.html#-

Sounds like Baez received 500 pages last week.. which is what will will see on Wednesday. Then another 1100 pages released this Monday to Baez will probably get to us in another doc dump probably NEXT Monday.

So we have 1600 total pages headed our way.

I sooo want to see AD's interview.

Well, Blink says in the comments that "she's only as good as her sources", which of course is true for everyone. I hope she was right in her first pass but I guess we should stay neutral.

If I'm not mistaken the restrictions go like this:
If you're searching for a stolen refrigerator you can't go into tiny drawers or places where a refrigerator isn't likely to be and take stolen jewelry. If the stolen jewelry happens to be on the counter top next to the stolen refrigerator it can be taken because it was found in view in areas where it was legal to search. Does that make sense? :bang:

KB has learned the documents are likely to be about the evidence investigators collected at the Anthony house after Caylee's remains were found.

How was Caylee Anthony murdered and did she suffer? Those are some of the questions that could be answered once it's released what investigators now know. http://www.wftv.com/news/18734025/detail.html

Herc and I are gonna be test monitors. JWG, Bev, and cohorts are gonna grade.
Quetion:

1: How many knives are presently in custody, helping LE with their inquiries?

2. What colour were the ties on the black garbage bag at the remains site?

Two days after defense attorney Jose Baez got the hundreds of "bombshell" documents last week, he went into the hospital for tests. His spokeswoman said he had a stomach ache, but said it's nothing that will slow down his work on the case.

Monday, another 1,100 pages of evidence was handed over to the defense team, including transcripts of statements witnesses gave to investigators and there's more computer evidence in the case that will go public sometime soon.

bold above by me.

Sounds like Baez received 500 pages last week.. which is what will will see on Wednesday. Then another 1100 pages released this Monday to Baez will probably get to us in another doc dump probably NEXT Monday.

So we have 1600 total pages headed our way.

I sooo want to see AD's interview.

Wow! Great. Thanks. That's a lot of info. :woohoo:

bold above by me.

That is how I took the info in the article. The first set (500 pages) went to the defense two days before JB went in hospital. Perhaps that is the set that the TV stations that claim has no fingerprint evidence has been going by.

Then on Monday, another 1,100 pages went to defense. This is perhaps contains the fingerprint evidence that the other TV stations, and Blink are reporting.

That's MO. I think her fingerprints are all over that duct tape...it will be a few more days before we see that, tho. :)

Helpful ideas to pass the time waiting for the dump:

1. Why not cook a meal for the people you live with...your family.
2. There is probably enough time for a bath AND a shampoo.
3. Stock up on snacks, drinks and sunscreen...so you won't lose much computer time and you'll have "monitor burn" protection for your face handy.

Anymore to add??

Go Tigers! Thanks for the touch of humor. :)

I respect her investigative skills, but I don't believe she is always right. I am still not able to make her theory that KC posed as ZG during a traffic violation and then payed a portion of the ticket work. The pings sort-of work, but KC would have to move fast, as would the traffic clerk. I mean real fast.

This was a very interesting theory, but I'll be shocked if it proves true. Of course I've been shocked a lot since Caylee went missing, so we'll see.

Even if she got a ticket while posing as Zanny, the bright spot would have been (for her) never having to pay that one off.

Risking being on the video camera at the court would not have been KC's smartest move. She (if she were smart) could have sent someone else in to make a payment for her. Someone who was not close to her at the time Caylee went missing, so it would be someone no one would have thought to look for when the news broke.

When LEO interviewed ZG she was already living at the Motel 6 in Kissimmee, her life was already going down hill fast. She may have just decided this was 1 ticket that she couldn't afford the second payment on right now. To me this makes more sense than KC pretending to be her.

So we have 1600 total pages headed our way. I sooo want to see AD's interview.

My poor family. I'm making a really nice dinner tonight, they won't have one for a while. :eek:

In other news, it better happen tomorrow. I'm leaving for Michigan Friday evening. Good thing I read fast! :clap:

Not lame, but I must warn you, prolonged attempts at mucking about through that cesspool/mind may cause the following:

derrrrrr :crosseyed:

advanced narcissism :gift:

advanced delusions :star::cool2:

bloating :puffy:

speaking only because you love the sound of your own voice :talker:

adding 'sss' sounds where none should appear :snake:

advanced flirting :smoochiesmilie:

inappropriate behavior :highfive:

lying to law enforcement:idea:

tripping down hallways where you do not work :loser:

Thanks for the warning LL..on the bright side I would be a good pole dancer!

Paper and notebooks could technically be considered under "art supplies" - if LE has a reasonable basis to think they were related to the crime and/or coverup, the judge will let it slide. Also, if LE "reasonably believes" its likely the evidence will be destroyed if they do not take it now, they can take it - but judges are usually stricter there, they do not like giving post-seizure "okays."

Quetion:

1: How many knives are presently in custody, helping LE with their inquiries?

2. What colour were the ties on the black garbage bag at the remains site?

I still think LE has a knife from the car (or one similar to it since Cindy says she washed it) if it was part of a dinner set it probably doesn't much matter if she gave them the knife if it had been dumped in her silverware drawer.

And a second knife found with Caylee's remains.

It's really confusing though, even with the docs. Sometimes it looks like we're reading about point A, only to discover we have gone through point B and C and now we're on point D. Or worse we thought we were on point C only to wind up back at point A without any reference to moving. KWIM?

Oh, also, I'll look up the caselaw to back this up - but there are two different kind of warrants. One, looking for specific items - like Marina2 said above, if you are looking for a fridge you shouldn't be looking in a sock drawer. But another type of warrant is for if LE reasonably believes a crime was committed in a place, they can look in that whole place for evidence that would prove/disprove the crime occurred.

The first type is usually meant to be against a person - we believe you stole a fridge, so we're going to look for a fridge. The second type against an area - we believe a murder occurred here, so we are going to look for evidence of a murder.

I never know if I make things more confusing than they were originally, so sorry if my explanations are unclear- my mind is a little wacky haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HairHawk