*REVISIT* Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No! I don't feel sorry for Casey nor do I feel sorry for her family...I do feel sorry for Caylee...:furious:

I feel sad for her. But I think she deserves to be in prison. I feel much worse for Caylee, of course, but like others have said I keep thinking about everything that KC had to endure from her mother. I really believe that sociopaths are that way due to their life's circumstances. I don't believe that people are born that way.

But take this with a grain of salt...I am a bleeding heart liberal and I can find sympathy for almost anyone!! :crazy:

i felt bad for her for about 5 min. the only reason being is that her life is gone now...so young, and going to spend the rest of her life in jail....that is sad....
what's even more sad is a beautiful little girl lost her life...

This is the first time i post...First i want to say that i beleive KC is guilty! I do feel for KC I really beleive it was having to live with a mother like CA is what pushed her to become the way she is. Maybe in her own twisted way she beleived she was saving Caylee so that she wouldnt have to live the life she did. Now i will make a run for it so i dont get hit with anything being thrown at me...:wave:

I only feel bad for casey in an ironic way. She obviously worked out, cared about how she looked, tried to be someone her friends could come to (based on her almost motherly text messages to many people, and discounting the whole stealing/lying thing), and she planned this whole glamorous life she'd have - and...she never got out of Orlando, Florida. What? Really?

Like the Saturday Night Live skit "Really?? with Seth & Amy" - KC, you plan all of this, ruin your family, murder your poor innocent daughter, are "free" for a month and you don't even get the heck out of dodge while you can? Really??

I guess its not really "sad," but more a HA-HA sad. Serves you right "sad."

[maybe that emotion is called vindictive, not sad...]

This is the first time i post...First i want to say that i beleive KC is guilty! I do feel for KC I really beleive it was having to live with a mother like CA is what pushed her to become the way she is. Maybe in her own twisted way she beleived she was saving Caylee so that she wouldnt have to live the life she did. Now i will make a run for it so i dont get hit with anything being thrown at me...:wave:
welcome to WS :)

WTF?? Are we talking about the Casey Anthony that murdered her baby daughter? Some feel bad for her because of things she went through?? awww maybe she had a tough life? Are you kidding me? As if ANYTHING that girl could have possibly gone through would have made her worthy of compassion. And if it was Cindy and/or sexual abuse..Casey would have got the hell out of there. ANY person with that bad of a home life is going to either run away or work their *advertiser censored* off so they can move out asap. Doesn't sound like Casey, does it? Casey killed her daughter-on purpose, and she doesn't care. Anyone that thinks any person that takes away an innocent life deserves compassion is wrong. What does it take, a home video of a smirking Casey describing how she stuffed her daughter in a trash bag, then drove around with that in the trunk of her car until tossing it into the woods?? Ok, I'm gonna go throw up now. God Bless Caylee

I feel sad for her. But I think she deserves to be in prison. I feel much worse for Caylee, of course, but like others have said I keep thinking about everything that KC had to endure from her mother. I really believe that sociopaths are that way due to their life's circumstances. I don't believe that people are born that way.

But take this with a grain of salt...I am a bleeding heart liberal and I can find sympathy for almost anyone!! :crazy:

Facing your problem and admitting it in public is a good first step!

Now attend some meetings. BHLA?

I am NOT a bleeding heart or a liberal, but I agree with you that people are not born evil. However they can become irreversably so early on. Not all, or even many, evil people can be "helped". Society has to decide whether to get rid of them (DP) or lock them away.

I have never got this close to a case, and have never felt such strong personal animosity to another human being as do towards KC.

Feel bad for Casey???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You must be kidding ..

Nope, not at all. She is a sociopath. She has no conception of what she is unable to experience. She is someone the world is better off without--I don't want her in our midst.

While it would have been nice if she were born with the full complement of human qualities, she was not. I might say I felt bad for what she could have been--but she could NOT have been that. It'd make just as much sense to say, "I feel bad for Casey that she was not born as a German shepherd."

Interesting thread.

Even if I want to say I feel sorry for her, or what she could have been, or because she had a manipulative mother, etc, I would be lying. The honest gut truth is, I don't have any feelings for her at all, not even sympathy. I'm not trying to be a smartass; it's just the honest truth. It just doesn't register with me. I wish I were as compassionate as some of our posters here. I've tried to imagine myself in her position, but still no feelings of sympathy.

I think there are many, many young women who grow up with mental health problems, and controlling parents, that haven't murdered their children. I know not everyone reacts to those issues the same way, but she obviously knew right from wrong (at least in terms of social norms-even is she is a sociopath, she still knew that murder is against the law, because she hid her crime). She knew murder was wrong, because she lied to cover it up. She had an easy to alternative to murder-turning over custody.

I feel sympathy for Cindy and George, because they lost Caylee. I feel sorry for working mothers who love their children, are exhausted because they bust their tails to care for and provide for their children, when they HAVE no alternative, no parents to lean on/live with.

I guess I just don't have any sympathy for Casey, because I DO believe she knew right from wrong. There are sociopaths who don't murder. It's not a free pass.

If what she did was not wrong, why did she go to such great lengths to hide it. She knows right from wrong. If she was having homicidal feelings, she should have talked to a psychiatrist. Knowing the difference between "right" and "wrong" in my eyes, is a huge factor. There are too many resources out there to help people. If they choose not to utilize those resources, then no, I do not feel sorry for them.

As a parent, I'm seeing firsthand how we are formed. I had a rough childhood. It made me a better person, but decades later there is still hurt and pain inside me from so long ago. I am sad that any of us have to go through that. Healthy childhoods are the best gift you can give someone, imo.

She was born with enough looks, intelligence and support that she should have made more of herself. But does that justify what she's done in the smallest way? Not for me. I have a sad feeling for anyone that is screwed up to the point where they destroy lives. The pain of the world makes me sad. But she'll stay in jail forever and that is fitting imo. Maybe 40 years from now she will have healed herself. I hope so.

KC had free will. She used it to murder her child and dump her like trash. She is repulsive to me.

What did a german shepard ever do to deserve that??? I bet she was a pain in the butt even as a child, practicing her bad behaviors daily, until she became the monster she is to day.

No, I'v searched deep into my soul and I can't find sympothy in the "inner regions of my mind." Moody Blues is all I feel until she is tried and convicted!

I don't have compassion for her at all. I feel she isn't even a whole human being, she's just an empty shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member