Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think an "open mind" and "innocent until proven guilty" is for the jury.
It's very difficult to get this involved in a case and not form an opinion.
There's no reason to not have an opinion, in fact, I would think it
stranger to make yourself have an "open mind" when there is no reason to.
We're here to sleuth...and the bottom line for the real sleuthers (and I am not a real one:) is to find enough information to form an opinion.
We've got enough for me to "think" CC did it...no alarm system with his experience of his family being threatened and his job in security leaves no doubt in my mind that he wasn't feeling personally threatened enough to warrant security.
My house is armed and I have no personal reason other than wanting the feeling of security.
^i^

This is the point I was trying to make. Keep an open mind one way or the other. It is just a suggestion.

I think an "open mind" and "innocent until proven guilty" is for the jury.It's very difficult to get this involved in a case and not form an opinion.
There's no reason to not have an opinion, in fact, I would think it
stranger to make yourself have an "open mind" when there is no reason to.
We're here to sleuth...and the bottom line for the real sleuthers (and I am not a real one:) is to find enough information to form an opinion.
We've got enough for me to "think" CC did it...no alarm system with his experience of his family being threatened and his job in security leaves no doubt in my mind that he wasn't feeling personally threatened enough to warrant security.
My house is armed and I have no personal reason other than wanting the feeling of security.
^i^

I wonder if there will come a day in the near future where they ask jurors do you post or read on WS? :crazy:

someone I used to work for was on trial and the witnesses and jurors were instructed not to go onto a particular legal blog because the blogger was summarizing the case...some of the witnesses did admit to reading the blog and it did become an issue.

Wrinkles,

Nice spin .. that is not what I said, and I believe you know that.

CC might have been charged with the decision as to who had access to Meyer or not.

Gee ... shoot me down in the water again!

This is getting tiresome. Since I can't mention all the scenarios, just look at some churches lately where gunmen have entered churches during worship and shot not only church members but the pastor as well.

It has been reported that Meyer, in some articles in 2004, had received death threats.

Please give me the space to have my opinion as I do you without this ever-so-subtle but very obvious to me veiled sarcasm directed towards my difference of opinion.

To your point, I think most of the "Mega Churches" have armed security now. Does anyone know how long CC has worked for JMM? Was he employed by JMM in 2004? Has it been posted when CC & TL started their affair? (re-kindled?) I've been doing some research and found out some stuff about TL and her ex. I'm not sure it's appropriate to post it here or not.

I sure do hope that LE has been checking it out though. , if you are here - is it ok to post public record info about TL?

Hello ChesterGal,

You wrote:
>>What is making you think this? <<

You wrote the above to my:
>>Is there presently another "pressure" card to get the perp (whoever that may be) thinking about surrendering and confessing?

What might that card be?

Could there be a graphic so disgusting, a card so true, that it could get people calling in to say what they know when they otherwise wouldn't have?<<

So...trying to verbalize what I might be thinking...

I'm thinking that LE is very clear in what they see. I'm also thinking that they are very clear about how things can be twisted in a court of law. I'm further thinking that they might really like a surrendering and confessing to end this whole disgusting thing that they have had to look at, in detail, before it goes through some of the very sleezy court process.

There are weaknesses and strengths in any case -- we have seen the weaknesses get hideous murderers off. IF a card could be flipped, one so disgusting, so hideous, one that rings so true, maybe it could break even the hardest "small town groupy" out of their "speak no evil" shell and spewing. I think that LE needs more spew -- not just from the groupies but ANYONE that saw something, if for nothing more than to assure beating court sleeze.

You mentioned the tail and the pressures... We can see that those pressures aren't breaking the suspect we think is responsible -- not yet. It hasn't broken any other either (go figure).

I suppose my thinking is -- what pressure can be put on the perp to draw them out to surrender and confession so that the evil they perpertrated on that young wife and children, as well as the slime they have placed upon all of their families and society can be ended sooner rather than later.

Does that help with my thinking? (for what it is worth)

W

So .... going back to my question the other day that was not entertained by anyone .. what is to keep the real killer from fleeing?

I don't think, as you know, it's Coleman. So maybe this guy is squirming but thinking they will "pin it" on Coleman

But what's to keep him from doing a disappearing act ... as no one but LE knows who they wish to arrest.

Someone asked you a few days ago if you know Chris Coleman, yet you never provided a response (sorry, I do not have time to go back through 56 pages of posts to find the exact post).

I am just curious as to what your response is/would be, since you are so adamant that Chris is NOT responsible for this horrific crime. How are you SO sure? Do you know him? Are you close to him and/or his family? Did he tell you that he didn't do it?

What is it that makes you SO CERTAIN that Chris did not set up the whole threatening letter situation in a premeditated plan to scare the hell out of Sheri prior to committing this ultimate act of murder--not only on Sheri, but on his own two sons, as well?

I have read all of your posts, and I absolutely honor your right to your opinion. Each of us is entitled to that. What I cannot seem to grasp, however, is the fact that nothing has swayed your opinion, even in light of new information that seems to be trickling out.

What if Chris were to confess to these murders? Would you believe it then?

(Please understand: I am in NO WAY attacking you, nor your opinions. I am simply trying to understand how one can be so committed to an opinion even when faced with rather damning evidence to the contrary. I have seen cases in the past where in the beginning I had my thoughts as to who might be the culprit, but as more evidence or information was released, my focus and opinion changed. I do not see that happening with you, and it has piqued my curiosity. I truly want to understand where you are coming from.)

maybe it would be too obvious if this person (if he/she exists) were to just disappear...maybe he/she has a family, a job, etc. and can't just flee from their lives without becoming suspect.

As far as surrendering/confessing, we've not seen too many of those in all the years I've been sleuthing around, so I don't anticipate it in this case either. Even if there's a mountain of evidence, one never knows how a jury will decide.

I am new here, but live In Waterloo, IL, which is the county seat of Monroe County. It is between Columbia and Chester. The peace of our neighborhood has been shattered because of gruesome act. After reading all reports all known evidence strongly points to CC. The fact that an alleged child killer roams free just sends chills down my spine. I realize that LE must get their facts straight, but it does not elicit calm in our locale.

One thing i need help with...and I have tried to read the posts here and in the local papers. LE has stated that they questioned the friend of Sheri's in FL. If I am reading their report right, they have not alleged that she was having an affair with CC. Could it be that she was a close friend of both CC and Sheri who kept in close phone contact with both? Could she know something totally isolated that would help in their investigation in a direction that we are not considering. If CC was going to fool around, why not pick someone closer. After typing this, I just realized maybe there were others locally...sigh...

Maybe the doubters (Analitical for one) can help me here. Again, I agree that what we know is pointing to CC right now...but the thought of a Christian father strangling his defenseless young sons just has kept me doubting this horrible scenariio....and yes I know, It has been done before.

Thanks for letting me share my two cents.

........................just an assumption on my part, nothing factual or for certain.............
but perhaps, the person they feel is responsible, is already in custody on a unrelated charge/........and there waiting on forensics .......to see if there DNA is on what they found, at the home or away on the road etc, which may be blood, but uncertain......waiting to see if its one of the victims blood, the POI blood, or combination of both, but uncertain, and just speculating on the blood...........i find it somewhat unnerving, that someone whom has committed three counts of first degree murder, would be living life as normal, in the neighborhood, and not locked up..........especially if it takes a few weeks or so, to get the results............

So .... going back to my question the other day that was not entertained by anyone .. what is to keep the real killer from fleeing?

I don't think, as you know, it's Coleman. So maybe this guy is squirming but thinking they will "pin it" on Coleman

But what's to keep him from doing a disappearing act ... as no one but LE knows who they wish to arrest.

Nothing.

Grand Jury... Based on the present situation, investigators mostly done, state's attorney with file in hand -- is it possible that at this moment a Grand Jury could be looking at things to help make a call as to accuse the perp that the investigators found?

Kinda dumbish here... how could the Grand Jury be used to get a perp in custody prior to when all forensics are in, or can it?

W
Yes. A GJ can investigate and hand down an indictment without all of the forensic testing having been completed. The preliminary test results can be used. The autopsy is complete (not certain about the Coronor's Inquest) and everything except the Toxicology reports are back, imo. They don't need all of the evidence to be used at trial, but enough to warrant a charge and an arrest. It would mean they have sufficient evidence to prove the crime was committed by a person, but like in the case of Casey Anthony...may not have a body or all of the evidence available.

The GJ meets only on certain days and it is normally a slow process with the extensive interviews of witnesses. In FL, the SA's office gave the minimum information to a seasoned sitting GJ who was almost finished with their term in order to get the indictment against CA.

oh there's many many examples of murderers who kill and then just go on back to their "normal" life...look at that medical school kid in Boston, didn't phase him a bit.

I'm going to start a new thread and ask that this one be locked.

I'll be back shortly with the new link.

Get ready to move on over.

Welcome waterlooinspector

I don't for one second think the CC is not under 24/7 surveillance.
If it's a case of SODDI they would have the community and schools on alert.
IMO

Does anyone know.....If they took any DNA samples, from the woman in Florida.........i ask, because.......and its just an assumption, that a man is more then likely to have committed this crime........but, there are some women, whom are capable of doing a crime such as this, it would not be the fist time..............If i knew for sure, that no DNA was taken by this woman, then i would discount this theory quickly, and delet this posting.........................thankyou.

This thread will be locked.

Continue at the below link:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3747378#post3747378"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike