2009.05.19 Padilla Says George A's Story Untrue

Status
Not open for further replies.
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla says he told investigators that Lee Anthony told him a story that greatly conflicts with George Anthony's statement about when he last saw Caylee alive.

Eyewitness News found out that her lawyers are trying to keep Padilla's statement a secret.

George Anthony told investigators he last saw Caylee alive Monday, June 16 as she left with Casey, who he thought was going to work.

It was the day after Father's Day and the day after witnesses say Casey and Cindy had a terrible fight over money that Casey allegedly stole from Cindy's mother.

Padilla, who had bonded Casey out of jail in the past, says George's story is not true. Eyewitness News reporter Kathi Belich talked to Padilla on the phone Tuesday.

I've doubted George's story from the first time we heard it. There were far too many little details that most people wouldn't remember more than a month later.

Last August, Greta Van Susteran did a tour of the Anthony home and interviewed George and Cindy. At that time, George appeared nervous when he related the story of Casey and Caylee leaving on June 16th. Cindy corrected him when he said he was watching the news, reminding him it was a cooking show he had been watching when he saw Casey and Caylee leave. That seemed rehearsed.

I've always felt it was a cover up - didn't want anyone to think that something had happened that day or the day before (June 15th) that triggered what happened. George and Cindy were giving the impression that all was fine and well, nothing out of the ordinary had happened.

Another way that Lee could have found out this information was from his own mother. I know in MY family, when something really serious happens we tend to share it between ourselves-and this includes the "older" children. I know when one of my teen daughters have had a "fiasco" I have very often and immediately discussed it with their older brother and vise-versa. I have regretted this "impulse" on ocassion, and perhaps that is how Lee came to hear of this-through the familial grapevine? Regardless, who knows what to believe, you know?

Mallory and Lee did not live together. IIRC Lee had a male roomate.

Yep, Brian L, and here he is all wrapped in tape if you missed it. :rolleyes:

2jwljc.jpg

What 2 year old sleeps til one oclock without getting up for a drink or something to eat as she got to bed that night according to Cindy?
I am not buying it. at all.
(Resp snipped)

Maybe a 2 year old who has been drugged? :whistle:

My question to ping experts - anyone remember the vacant house on Brackenwood that was being sleuthed here on WS because the PI's visited it? Could the pings have come from there that night?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77931&highlight=vacant+house

We had a whole crazy discussion months back about what GA was watching on Food Network that supposed day when he said he saw KC leave with CAylee.

I have never believed his story about that and the show he was watching. Whether I think LP is accurate or not, I do not believe GA's story about that day and never have. Just a gut feeling.

No kidding.. I don't think anyone believed him. LOL

I just cannot believe one word anyone involved says in this case. Even when they do try to be honest (or an honest person happens to wander into the whole mess) their honesty immediately gets swept up inthe overall mass of lies and half truths that everyone else is telling.
SO.. I shall listen to what people say, but I shall only believe what can be shown by pings or computer use etc. ..objective evidence of some sort...

In this case it does seem (according to the cell pings) KC was at home the night of the 15/16th.. or at least no farther away than Lee's house. I don't think LP was deliberately lying, nor that LA was either (in this instance) ..

I have a suspicion that GA disabled the car that night to keep her at home.. it seemed to be something he thought of doing so quickly after the car towing, I would be surprised if that was the only time it ever crossed his mind to do that.

I think KC did try to leave, but found her car disabled, so wandered around on foot for a bit, then came home and stayed there that night, and made plans for the next day.

Snipped from post #49 by mom4life:

Computer Usage for Desktop
2AM 1AM 49% *****
7AM 8AM 74% *******
8AM 9AM 15% **

Who used the computer during the time I colored blue? Does anyone know what time CA left for work that morning? If CA was home during this time (she's stated she could go in to work as late as 8:30 if she chose) then she would be the one most likely on the computer. It wouldn't be KC because CA would have seen her in the computer room, not heard her "breathing through the door". After working until 11pm, GA was probably still in bed that early.

I wonder how normal it would be for CA to be using the computer for almost an hour during the time when one would think she'd be getting ready for work or on her way to work? Am I right about the percentages meaning 74% is about 45 min?

Is it possible that KC wasn't home and CA was trying to track her through myspace or facebook postings. There was that call to KC's cellphone during this time, too. I've always thought KC hid in her room until CA left for work but now I'm wondering if she was even there. Maybe she waited for CA to leave and returned home.

The only other thing I can think of is CA left for work earlier than usual that morning, like before 7am and KC came out of the room and got on the computer right away. Are there any statements or documentation of when CA went to work that morning?

Oh, come on now! George was a little bewildered...ya know..with the emotion of Father's Day and all the presents, dinner and being with his children all day...can't blame a Dad for having a memory lapse or two!

...For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail."

Before you buy LP's story, you may wanna consider the house of cards it is built on.

OK...everyone that buys what LP says, raise their hand please. :wave: :wave: :wave:

To believe LP's story is to believe Lee's story.
To believe Lee is to believe whose story???? :confused: Not Lee's. Lee stated the last time he saw Caylee was @ Cindy's b-day party 6/5. So, Lee didn't see Casey & Caylee the night of 6/15...if you believe Lee.

OK...hands again, please. :wave: :wave: :waitasec:

So, to believe Lee is to believe whomever told Lee the story.
Who's left to tell Lee the story? Casey, Cindy or George.

So, to believe LP is to believe Lee is to believe Casey?...believe Cindy?...believe George?

...hands up!...:wave: :waitasec: :rolleyes:

And if you believe LP when he is saying that George is lying then you don't believe George. So...you're left to believe...hmmm...lemme see....that'd be...Casey or Cindy.

...show of hands, please... :waitasec: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So...in summary...if you believe LP, then, you believe LP AND Lee AND Cindy or Casey. How many people left with their hand up?

One more time? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyone? Anyone? Ferris? Anyone? :Benny_monkeysmilies

*bump*

POTD

To believe LP's story is to believe JG's story. Lee told JG that Cindy tried to choke kc. That may make it more credible...

Let's give LP some credit here....big credit. He was the one who told us about the PICS of DC walking in the woods off Suburban before Caylee was found. Hoover told LP he had video.....NOW that was a good one...you have to admit.

Snipped from post #49 by mom4life:

Computer Usage for Desktop
2AM 1AM 49% *****
7AM 8AM 74% *******
8AM 9AM 15% **

I wonder how normal it would be for CA to be using the computer for almost an hour during the time when one would think she'd be getting ready for work or on her way to work? Am I right about the percentages meaning 74% is about 45 min?

*snipped*

No, I believe the way you need to interpret this is that up to 75% CPU capacity was being used at some time during that period (could have been no more than 5 minutes). With that said, it makes it plausible that CA used the computer briefly during that one hour prior to going to work.

Do we have a more refined analysis of the time the CPU was at this higher processing load? i.e. 7:00 to 7:15?? etc.

Being from the UK, i had never really known about LP until ths case, and from the beginning i always thought LP wanted to be the one to solve this case, i also got the impression that he never believed Casey to be innocent, he was just trying to lure her into a false sense of security and trust, knowing she was lying and by throwing out so many theories Maybe he would encourage more speaking from the Casey and the A's, and hopefully trip themselves up, he did say that he beilieved Casey would have eventually led them to the body if she hadnt been arrested so early, i agree with that and MO of LP is he was doing all he could to find Caylee and some truth, by whatever means he had. But like i said dont really know much of him apart from this case, so im hoping my opinion of him doesnt make me seem like a blethering foool lol

bond's post is brilliant and i can't fault it in any way .... but, in that i just don't believe george's version of events and the only people who know anything about what actually happened in the earlier part of that day and the night before are the anthony's, in order to ever have any possibility of finding the truth i must at least entertain and assess whatever other information is available to me regardless of it's origins.

Not to mention, if true, pounding another nail into the GA credibility coffin.

So after all of Casey and Cindy's lies and maniuplations, could it all actually boil down to George's one big lie?

not everyone involved with this case is a "bad guy". I spend a lot of time on here and my only motive is that I care about a child, a child that was murdered, Caylee - a child that does not belong to me. I believe that everyone on here has been touched by Caylee's Story.

1)GA has motive to lie
2)CA has motive to lie
3)LA has motive to lie

LP has had this theory and that theory, but his theory about KC and Caylee leaving the house on Fathers Day is what a lot of WS'ers have thought all along. MF reported that a neighbor told him that there was a fight. Most have seen the infamous jail visitation video of KC getting angry, I just can't imagine, if there really was a fight as told by neighbor and relayed to LP via JG or via LA , that KC would have just stayed at the house.

CA says that there wasn't a fight and she could hear them breathing on the morning of the 16th
GA says that he saw KC and Caylee on the 16th
LP says that he believes KC and Caylee left the house the night of the 15th after the fight

OK naive, I am not...although I am still , if I just have to pick, going with LP

You have made very valid points. One of the many of things that have bothered me since the beginning of this case is the fact that Cindy claims she heard Casey and Caylee breathing in the room before she went to work. Now, that just does not make any sense to me. You don't hear someone breathing unless your right there in their face. The fact that Cindy is a nurse and used this excuse raised a red flag for me right away, because she should know better than to say "I heard them Breathing" While she did not even go in the room. I would give her lie some creditability if she would of stated she went in the room and saw they were sound asleep. The breathing part is what got me and first thing I thought was that Cindy knew right then and there that Caylee was no longer breathing and that is why she slipped and used that excuse for the morning of June 16th.

Then we have George that had to be reminded that he was not watching the news on the 16th, that he was watching a cooking show...again by coach Cindy. Which brings me to the conclusion that Cindy had to know that Caylee was dead and she has been the one to create this media circus to direct the attention away from the possible killer. Remember, George had went in to speak with the FBI in private and was afraid of the outcome if Cindy found out...what all could George of said? Casey was not indited on Murder charges on pure circumstantial evidence. I still say that Cindy and Casey are the master minds in this case and Cindy was the one to write the script for Casey and all to follow. JMO:couch:

You have made very valid points. One of the many of things that have bothered me since the beginning of this case is the fact that Cindy claims she heard Casey and Caylee breathing in the room before she went to work. Now, that just does not make any sense to me. You don't hear someone breathing unless your right there in their face. The fact that Cindy is a nurse and used this excuse raised a red flag for me right away, because she should know better than to say "I heard them Breathing" While she did not even go in the room. I would give her lie some creditability if she would of stated she went in the room and saw they were sound asleep. The breathing part is what got me and first thing I thought was that Cindy knew right then and there that Caylee was no longer breathing and that is why she slipped and used that excuse for the morning of June 16th.

Then we have George that had to be reminded that he was not watching the news on the 16th, that he was watching a cooking show...again by coach Cindy. Which brings me to the conclusion that Cindy had to know that Caylee was dead and she has been the one to create this media circus to direct the attention away from the possible killer. Remember, George had went in to speak with the FBI in private and was afraid of the outcome if Cindy found out...what all could George of said? Casey was not indited on Murder charges on pure circumstantial evidence. I still say that Cindy and Casey are the master minds in this case and Cindy was the one to write the script for Casey and all to follow. JMO:couch:

:clap::clap:don't forget ca also "tucked" them in the night before.......

After listening to all the depos and looking back at a thread I started last August [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2490350&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Casey Anthony's Time-line Is Shrinking - UPDATE 8/10/08[/ame] , it's good to see that many are still questioning the validity of George's statement of June 16th. I still have great concerns over the evening of June 15th as there was never any detail about Caylee except she went into the pool the evening of June 15th. IIRC, Cindy claimed she tucked them "both" into bed on June 15th and stated this at the bond hearing. No one ever talked about the morning of June 16th, except for Cindy saying she heard them in the bedroom. No one ever stated a word about Caylee having breakfast, who dressed Caylee, did Caylee watch TV, did Caylee have lunch with George ... nothing at all except they both mysteriously appeared ready to go out the door.

I am personally thrilled that Kathy spoke with Leonard on air to bring forth the concerns I have had for many, many months. :)

I don't doubt that George was lying about seeing Caylee... a huge portion of us followers have questioned his story about seeing Caylee that day. BUT, Baez has not formally made any motions to throw out any statements from LP... LP has not shown up in the document dumps with such statements to LE. Pretty much the litmus test and BIGGER picture here that a lot of people are missing is the claim from LP that the defense is trying to cover up stuff he has said, when there is nothing on the states side that suggest that LP is even on the map as being a part of the criminal case. When you get down to the bare bones of LP's claim (suppression of his statements), there are huge holes because the Sunshine Law has made this case transparent. For him to claim that Baez & Co is trying to keep his statements out of the case, with no proof really out there to back his claim up, means he is trying to weave a conspiracy theory that all but points to the state being in collusion with Baez, against LP. This kind of melts down to, to me, that he is putting forth another conspiracy theory of sorts, like the daisy chain thing.

I don't doubt that Lee told him things... heck, I think George lied, too... I just doubt LP's current claims of suppression. THAT'S the bigger picture here, that a lot of people are overlooking!!!!! His suppression claim indirectly persecutes the state, which I think is wrong to do, with no proof. We know he is already upset with the state, because of his reaction to when the death penalty was brought back into the case: he thinks the state is pushing for a plea to cover things up like the supposed daisy chain.

I have tried to envision that tender moment of Cindy pulling Casey's blankie up under her chin and wishing her sweet dreams of sugar plums............:rolleyes:

While KC is texting away. :crazy:

Lp's statement makes complete sense to me, I have always thought KC left home in a rage on Sunday night after the fight with CA. One can only imagine what transpired in an argument between the two after CA finds out KC stole from her grandmother. We know poor Caylee was a pawn, the cause of constant strife between her mom and grandmother. Caylee must have been exhausted after such a long day. She was dragged out of the house late and tired, a terrible two tantrum and KC completely loses it. Sounds very plausible to me, we all know CA and GA are not truthful. I can't wait for LP's deposition, should be very enlightening.

This fits with what I've thought all along. We know George is a proven liar too. He never saw them on the 16th, why should we take his word for it, for the last sighting of Caylee? He's not credible. It makes much more sense that Casey took off in a fit of anger with Caylee and kill her shortly afterward- late on the night of the 15th or extremely early in the am on the 16th.

I absolutely agree with you. I have NEVER believed GA saw KC on the 16th. I think she did leave after a fight on the evening of the 15th. However, that's why I came here to WS, because I know there is extensive research on the movements of Kc through her pings, evidence, statements, etc. I believe I will find this either proved or debunked right here. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donna_Avery