WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABDUCTION BECOMING MORE LIKELY AS LINDSEY BAUM SEARCH CONTINUES
July 1, 2009
<snipped>
Investigators are beginning to lean towards the fact that a 10 year old McCleary girl, missing since last Friday, was abducted. Undersheriff Rick Scott says the more time goes by and the more leads are investigated, the less likely it becomes that Lindsey Baum ran away or is playing a prank on her family. Scott says investigators continue to scour the East County town for information, but have not turned up any facts that would lead them to Lindsey.

Scott says it is possible that a McCleary resident may unknowingly be a neighbor, friend or family member of someone involved in Lindsey&#8217;s disappearance. With that in mind, the Sheriff&#8217;s office is asking people to report any odd changes in behavior. That could include selling a vehicle, changes in mood, dropping out of sight or other changes in attitude or habits.

Article:
http://www.kxro.com/Article.asp?id=1389133&spid=

:angel:

You know what would have really helped? If Google had just sent one of their little camera cars around McCleary. We could have compared houses on street view to pictures in people's myspaces and etc. I mean, they've blanketed the whole US and lots of the rest of the world, but they couldn't drive down a few streets in McCleary??

I wonder if we could get them to do that stat! :)

I'm going to confuse us further by saying that Undersheriff Scott says "between 5th and 6th" in both articles but used 2/3 of the way and halfway to describe how far she was when the witness saw her. IMO, if she was between 5th and 6th, then she was neither halfway or 2/3 of the way home. Am I right about that?

Sorry, still trying to catch up on the last thread, but...

...whoever said they don't trust people who don't know how to spell, or post run-on sentences...education does not equal honesty. I have known plenty of well-spoken, well educated con-men.

Going back to catch up...

Yes.

Forget what the news said about 1/2 - 2/3 - almost there, blah blah.

Lindsey apparently took a different way home. Up the hill on 6th. Whatever that means, plus if we are to trust this KaraK (no reason not to) she says the dogs tracked Lindsey up the hill.

Couple things for the maps...
Not sure it is correct. Zillow shows Baum's home near the intersection of Birch and Mommsen.

KaraK said Marilyn moved from the house on 1st (343 S. 1st)

Thanks Amanda, Is there any way to find out where she moved to? I don't think the data in the computer will show a new address if she moved recently, do you?

Do you know if both those post's of Marilyn were from King News? There was also a very telling post on the KOMO comments section of one article that was deleted.

Missing Girl's Father: 'I Just Want My Daughter'
Posted: 5:33 pm PDT July 1, 2009
Updated: 6:28 pm PDT July 1, 2009
<snipped>
Five days after a Grays Harbor County girl vanished, police are now searching through a landfill for any sign of Lindsey Baum.

Baum, 10, disappeared Friday night while walking home at about 9 p.m.

Lindsey&#8217;s father, Greg Baum, lives in Tennessee and has been trying to come to McCleary, but is getting ready to deploy to Iraq. He said he feel helpless, but knows the police are doing all they can.

"Right now I'm just praying that she's found and she's found safe," Lindsey&#8217;s father said.

Two Grays Harbor Sheriff&#8217;s Officials worked endlessly Wednesday sorting through one-third of McCleary&#8217;s garbage, hoping to find a clue that could lead to Lindsey.

&#8220;We're looking for any signs of evidence of the missing girl. We're looking for clothing Lindsey may have been wearing," said Chief Deputy Dave Pimentel. &#8220;And of course the un-talkable."

Baum believes his daughter has been abducted, but is holding on to hope.

We're gonna bring Lindsey home. We're gonna find her and if I have to knock on every door in Grays Harbor County to do that we will," said Rick Scott of the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office.

The search at the landfill and additional ground searches Wednesday have continued to come up empty.

Investigators are now asking people in town to report any odd behavior by their friends or family since Lindsey vanished. Something as slight as an unexplained scratch on the arm could be important.

Lindsey's father said if someone has his little girl they need to let her go.

VIDEO: Officials Comb Through Garbage For Missing Girl
http://www.kirotv.com/video/19921709/index.html

Article:
http://www.kirotv.com/news/19921451/detail.html

Thanks Amanda, Is there any way to find out where she moved to? I don't think the data in the computer will show a new address if she moved recently, do you?

Do you know if both those post's of Marilyn were from King News? There was also a very telling post on the KOMO comments section of one article that was deleted.

No, and no, all I know is what I've read.

They also said 4 blocks and that is not 4 blocks.

Once again, a young child left to fend for herself goes missing. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN ALONE!!! What the heck si the matter with these people? I don't care if the friends or families are reading this. I wish they would have been reading when Sandra and Tori went missing, then maybe one of these adults would have gotten off their butts and walked or drove this baby girl home safely! Grrrrrr!

I certainly hope they give him some hardship leave right now. I can't believe they haven't already done that. :(

All those people who called Greg a for not being there.

He's to be deployed. Poor guy.

Couldn't he ask to not go? It's not like his dog is missing or something. I feel bad for him but I can't imagine that the military would make him go under these circumstances.

I wonder if we could get them to do that stat! :)

I'm going to confuse us further by saying that Undersheriff Scott says "between 5th and 6th" in both articles but used 2/3 of the way and halfway to describe how far she was when the witness saw her. IMO, if she was between 5th and 6th, then she was neither halfway or 2/3 of the way home. Am I right about that?

Yes, you are right. That is why I have aged 5 years in this one day.

Hello, Newbie here.

I found this website by doing a google search on the mlachester person who has been posting on king5.com. She's an interesting one to say the least.

I've read the other thread and now this one and I wanted to make a few comments.

I live in Montesano, which is about 17 miles west of McCleary. I have family/friends in McCleary. One semi family member (Jennifer Estes) was quoted in the other thread (by darlin_gal post #524) talking about her daughter Michaela. Just so everyone understands this Michaela knows Lindsey but is not friends with her (I'm thinking since there are so many Michaelas around that age that it must have been a very common name 10-12 years ago. lol). Jennifer Estes' Michaela also goes by Kayla for short.

Also the pictures posted by Steadfast (post #509 in the other thread).. one is labeled incorrectly. The first picture is looking east down Maple, NOT west. The right side of the street would be to the south, the left side of the street would be to the north. I'm trying to figure out on the map exactly where the creek runs through McCleary. I've been through there a million times but I've honestly never paid attention to this area. I just kind of drive to where I need to go.

Now that I've taken a closer look.. It looks as if the creek runs on the north side of Maple from 7th street towards the west to the end of Maple. If I remember correctly 8th and 9th are dead end roads.

Also the pictures posted by Steadfast (post #509 in the other thread).. one is labeled incorrectly. The first picture is looking east down Maple, NOT west. The right side of the street would be to the south, the left side of the street would be to the north. I'm trying to figure out on the map exactly where the creek runs through McCleary. I've been through there a million times but I've honestly never paid attention to this area. I just kind of drive to where I need to go.

I suspected that the picture was mislabled. Someone else brought up earlier that it seemed to be facing towards the Shell Station. (Which, apparently, IS where it's facing.) Since it is facing east, it's a picture of Lindsey's route from a little past where she started down the road to wherever it was she was last seen.
Here's the pic again for anyone who is interested.

Looking EAST down Maple from near corner of 7th St towards Shell Station.

baummccleary1.jpg

PS Welcome to WS, Jennifer!

I hope this little girl is found really soon. Personally, I'm having a hard time with all of these online posters who are claiming to be close to the case. If I were close to a missing child, the majority of my time would be spent out looking for him/her.

I can't say it's easy for me to distinguish who is telling the truth amongst online posts. Spelling/grammar doesn't mean a thing in the real world. I, personally, can't say if Kara or this mlachester are telling the truth. It's possible that this mlachester is telling the truth as she knows it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not jumping on anyone's wagon...I never do. And I never will just because someone close to a case is a member of this forum.

One can never say they know for certainty that a child has never been abused.

But she was seen on Maple. Are you referring to streets south of Mommsen going east/west? There's Pine St., but there aren't streets in between. Being Washington State, though, there are probably alleys in there somewhere.

Here's the closest I can get google maps to go.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...52,-123.265657&spn=0.003267,0.009645&t=h&z=17

It looks like a street running east and west connects to that point where 1st street takes a sharp bend about a block south of Mommsen St. That east - west rd connects to 3rd st {the main drag} a half a block or so south of the Shell station.

It is a mute point now as I guess she has moved. But thanks anyway ;}

I hope this little girl is found really soon. Personally, I'm having a hard time with all of these online posters who are claiming to be close to the case. If I were close to a missing child, the majority of my time would be spent out looking for him/her.

I can't say it's easy for me to distinguish who is telling the truth amongst online posts. Spelling/grammar doesn't mean a thing in the real world. I, personally, can't say if Kara or this mlachester are telling the truth. It's possible that this mlachester is telling the truth as she knows it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not jumping on anyone's wagon...I never do. And I never will just because someone close to a case is a member of this forum.

One can never say they know for certainty that a child has never been abused.

Great post Carrie. Last night TakeNote commented the abuse Lindsay told Marilyn about could have been anything and not necessarily sexual. It could have been the brother being too violent towards her. After all he went to Juvi for something. IMO

I don't think I've read any posters here who are close to the case. Just a few who live in McCleary or within 20 miles of it.

I suspected that the picture was mislabled. Someone else brought up earlier that it seemed to be facing towards the Shell Station. (Which, apparently, IS where it's facing.) Since it is facing east, it's a picture of Lindsey's route from a little past where she started down the road to wherever it was she was last seen.
Here's the pic again for anyone who is interested.

Looking EAST down Maple from near corner of 7th St towards Shell Station.

baummccleary1.jpg

PS Welcome to WS, Jennifer!

Thank you.

I hope I can help with peoples questions if they have any. I know McCleary pretty well and what I don't know I can try to find out.

UPDATED: Search Continues For Missing 10-Year-Old Girl
7:00 PM PDT, July 1, 2009
Updated: 22 minutes ago
<snipped>
MCCLEARY - The town of McCleary in Grays Harbor County isn't giving up hope. They're determined to find 10-year-old Lindsey Baum.

She vanished Friday night, while walking home from her friend's house.

On Wednesday, volunteers continued to hand-out flyers to people driving through town, while search crews went door to door looking for clues with their dogs and several police agencies including the FBI checked on sex offenders and followed-up on tips from the community.

Ronald Twersky, the Assistant Special Agent in Charge of FBI Seattle says, "Obviously we're concerned with the time that's passed, but we're looking at this to locate Lindsey and that's the approach we have going forward."

Twersky says they have more than a dozen agents working on the case rotating shifts, including agents with their child abduction response team. They're going door to door talking to neighbors, relatives and anyone who was in the area when Lindsey disappeared.

Investigators say if you saw anything unusual Friday night in McCleary or have noticed a change in someone's behavior, contact the police.

Article:
http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-070109-missinggirl,0,12523.story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads