WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The town of McCleary in Grays Harbor County isn't giving up hope, but law enforcement officials have suspended their search and rescue efforts for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum.

While the investigation continues, crews have stopped combing the area for the girl.

Baum vanished Friday night while walking home from her friend's house.

On Wednesday, volunteers continued to hand-out flyers to people driving through town, while search crews went door to door looking for clues with their dogs and several police agencies including the FBI checked on sex offenders and followed-up on tips from the community.

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-070109-missinggirl,0,12523.story

Isn't this just the day after they said that the searchers weren't going anywhere?
Either LE knows something, or LE knows nothing. Tragically, I am leaning towards the second. I mean, they published the entire list of "Probable Offender Actions" from the FBI without altering it at all for this case. That is a bad sign.
I think if Lindsey is still alive, her fate now rests on the general public.

The forensic astrology report brings up someone that is vain regarding their body.
I keep going back to the person that say Lindsey walking with her brother and arguing. Who could intimidate a 12 year old boy that has experience with juvie? A woman? I don't think so. Who would her brother listen to and return home? A BIG guy. Or LE.

The town of McCleary in Grays Harbor County isn't giving up hope, but law enforcement officials have suspended their search and rescue efforts for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum.

While the investigation continues, crews have stopped combing the area for the girl.

Baum vanished Friday night while walking home from her friend's house.

On Wednesday, volunteers continued to hand-out flyers to people driving through town, while search crews went door to door looking for clues with their dogs and several police agencies including the FBI checked on sex offenders and followed-up on tips from the community.

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-070109-missinggirl,0,12523.story
While this is discouraging for the local community, it only means they are re-directing their efforts into the leads already obtained and they will go search when they have a specific location from a tip or lead.

An idea I had a long time ago when the formal searches stop is for the people to get together for one day to search their own properties. It can be a community effort and it saves LE from having to obtain search warrants etc. to search on private land. While LE has done extensive searches of certain areas, people know their own property and what could be out of place or know of places to hide things (old fridges, wells, etc.).

:bang: LOL I wasn't thinking about other bus lines! Thanks and Welcome to WS~

Does the bus station have surveillance cams to know who is hanging around the station?

No, I don't believe any of our stations do. The larger one in Aberdeen might. But I know Montesanos, Elmas and McClearys do not. That station is really nothing more than a few benches and bulletin board with the schedule with a fancy roof over it.

Looking at the bus schedule.. the last bus through is at 8:35 pm (heading to Aberdeen) the last Olympia bound bus goes through at 8:25 pm.

Does KK have a brother whose name is Eric?
I thought I saw that while browsing the myspace pages,
but I can't find it now. It was a pic.
I've browsed through again this am and still can't find that pic with the subtitle.
It was in the middle of the night, so maybe my mind wasn't as clear as it should have been.

Horrible dreams when I finally did go to sleep, if you can call what happened sleep that is.
ugh.

Anyway, when I saw the pic, I said to myself, "KK has a brother, his name is Eric?" Interesting.
Protecting a family member could possibly explain her not so kosher behavior, perhaps?
just a thought.
E. Kempden or Kampden is how I believe it was spelled.
I will keep looking for it, but maybe those with better sleuthing abilities could search his name, get some info, find out if he is real, or just my imagination? tia

there is only one Eric with a Myspace in McCleary. He is not a minor, can I link?

Does KK have a brother whose name is Eric?
I thought I saw that while browsing the myspace pages,
but I can't find it now. It was a pic.
I've browsed through again this am and still can't find that pic with the subtitle.
It was in the middle of the night, so maybe my mind wasn't as clear as it should have been.

Horrible dreams when I finally did go to sleep, if you can call what happened sleep that is.
ugh.

Anyway, when I saw the pic, I said to myself, "KK has a brother, his name is Eric?" Interesting.
Protecting a family member could possibly explain her not so kosher behavior, perhaps?
just a thought.
E. Kempden or Kampden is how I believe it was spelled.
I will keep looking for it, but maybe those with better sleuthing abilities could search his name, get some info, find out if he is real, or just my imagination? tia
Devon (possibly Wes' son) has that last name. I didn't view the photos tho.

(story time)

DSCF2045.jpg

Right after snapping this photo i was approached by 'Mark the (apparent) local drunk. He was quite intoxicated & slurry.

He asked what i was doing and i told him.

He was a bit 'chatty' and slurred out a few things.

Mark portrayed 'Peter' (iirc) (the owner or worker of the Jewelry shop ^, on Maple) as not having a 'great opinion of Lindsey &/or the Baum family. "~That girl was up to 'things'" (Lindsey)

Mark also didn't have such a great opinion. Mark mentioned being aware Lindsey was on the internet. He generally & repeatedly came off disliking Lindsey &/or the family.

Mark added one other thing. Mark said he believes 'Eric' (who lives (according to Marks pointing) in the North-Eastern part of town) 'probably did it' (as in abducting Lindsey) Mark said Eric had conversed with him (@ an unknown time) about 'young girls.

The conversation was strange.. but you couldn't expect much else. At one point he stopped talking almost like he'd just realized he's telling all this to a stranger & briefly thought twice.

If nothing else i'd suggest an interview with persons from this ^ Jewelry shop.

I did research on the jewelry store.
http://www.manta.com/company/mm4zfbx
Tim Hartman is the owner. He has been in business there for 18 years. The website says he employees two people. I thought this was a family business and it was him and his wife. But I've never been in there so I don't know anything about his employees.
I can't seem to find any other info on Tim Hartman either.

I just got caught up reading the posts since I signed off yesterday. Excellent work! :)

A couple of questions I saw here and there that weren't answered yet:

1. Did Lindsey attend a church?

...She went to church at the Evergreen Christian Center in McCleary, an offshoot of a larger church in west Olympia.
http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/01/local_news/doc4a4ba94721f78989072462.txt

Lindsey was also in the Girl Scouts:

...Lindsey was in Girl Scouts...(same link as above).

...Lindsey’s Girl Scout troop leader, Becky Spalding...
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...held-for-missing-Washington-girl-Lindsey-Baum

Why isn't Mom out beating feet on the streets looking?
...But police have asked her to stay home, she said...(same link as above)

Another person who is mentioned by name in the Media:

... family friend Melissa McCann...
http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/01/local_news/doc4a4ba94721f78989072462.txt

...McCann said she has known Melissa Baum for 30 years. They were in Girl Scouts together and grew up in the Lacey area. She encouraged the family to move back to Washington state.

McCleary was a natural fit because McCann lives in nearby Elma.

Baum attended school for a short while in Elma, near the McCann home. But this year, she enrolled as a fifth-grader at McCleary School...

Answer to my own question about the account set up in Lindsey's name.

...Family friend Melissa McCann said those who have wanted to volunteer but have not been used should show their support by attending either vigil. The family has also set up an account at Timberland Bank to help cover its expenses. The account is in Lindsey’s name. Letters or cards to the family can be sent to Box 1124, Elma, WA 98541.
http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/01/local_news/doc4a4ba94721f78989072462.txt (dated June 30, 2009)

Just some information I remembered and wanted to bring here. It doesn't go with the flow of conversation of the posts right now but I wanted to post it.

I think it gives us a better idea about Lindsey's life, her social circles (who may have had access or who she knew that had associates with access to her).

I thanked you but felt that was not enough. It is important that people realize anything even if they think its not reliable they have to report. This "drunk" man could possably be the break in the case, and you reported it, so good for you. If not oh well one thing that more thing to eliminate..

Good for you I am proud of you!!:blowkiss:

This brought to mind a play I was in years ago titled: "The Rimers of Eldritch." The rape of a teenage girl happens in a small town and the townspeople unjustly accuse the town homeless drunk and shoot him, murdering him. The truth is, he actually was the one trying to stop the crime from happening in the first place.

The town "drunk" could be a very valuable source of information whether he was involved or not. This seems like a person who hangs out, sees and hears things, and people with bad intentions may confide in him.

seems like KK and other around her were into bodybuilding.

Thanks, Kat~ I was very interested in the church. I read about GS, but I guess I missed the rest.

Thanks, Kat~ I was very interested in the church. I read about GS, but I guess I missed the rest.

You're welcome SS. I think this young lady had a fairly large social circle now that I look at it.

Then include the internet, which might not just be her social networking sites. Kids can go to specific websites and play games and communicate with one another that way. Not all websites have measures in place to protect minors from predators that may access those game sites and etc..

I want to have a look at that one site, just out of curiousity that Lindsey was banned by her Mother from because of some such reason...virus infection on computer? ...something like that. I just want to know how that website set up...or if it's an application how it is set up for communication between players...if there are players. KWIM?

ETA but I can't remember the name LOL I"ll have to go find it.

I don't go by stats. ;) I go by what I see and hear here every day. I think the stats are incorrect.

Look at it this way, SS: Could you list more than 115 stranger abductions of children that you know of for the past year? (Remember, this doesn't include abductions by parents or family friends or nannies :rolleyes: or even acquaintances.)

Those maps are showing it on 4th. Where did you get 10th?

I was standing on 10th & 4th when that picture was taken.

Google calls it Simpson Alley W/10th (i'd referred to it as a paved alley earlier) - You'll notice the line doesn't go all the way through on the google version - If you look closely @ Bing it doesn't even name the street.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...16,-123.266237&spn=0.003348,0.006899&t=h&z=17

http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9eXAuM...lMzMuNzk3NDA4NzY3NTcyNSU3ZS0xNDguMDk1NzAzMTI1

You're welcome SS. I think this young lady had a fairly large social circle now that I look at it.

Then include the internet, which might not just be her social networking sites. Kids can go to specific websites and play games and communicate with one another that way. Not all websites have measures in place to protect minors from predators that may access those game sites and etc..

I want to have a look at that one site, just out of curiousity that Lindsey was banned by her Mother from because of some such reason...virus infection on computer? ...something like that. I just want to know how that website set up...or if it's an application how it is set up for communication between players...if there are players. KWIM?

I didn't read about a web site her mother banned so I am no help there.

This child reminds me a lot of Sandra Cantu. Sandra knew everyone and frequently made the rounds to visit other people. She was very social and in the end it was what made her so accessible to that monster.

I still cannot reconcile why if Lindsey had a cell phone she did not pick up the phone and call to see if she could spend the night at K's house. Maybe it was out of boredom that she wanted to walk there, but why not call first? If she was allowed, it would save her a trip to gather her things. I just do not get it.

I was standing on 10th & 4th when that picture was taken.

Google calls it Simpson Alley W/10th (i'd referred to it as a paved alley earlier) - You'll notice the line doesn't go all the way through on the google version - If you look closely @ Bing it doesn't even name the street.

10th and 4th don't connect (they run parallel 6 blocks away from each other) . Do you mean you were standing on Maple and 4th?

YoVille

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member