Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to catch up with the posts, reading for 3 hours straight, and that is just for this 3 in a series secton! I had kept up with the 1st 2 sections more often, so this has been a gruelling yet intriquing bit of reading.

I was also perplexed by the time and date of the incident. Being a local, I do know that Thursday in the used car business means auction day. Cash may have taken up a lot of room and been heavy... but titles would not, each single paper being worth thousands. There may have been titles for homes as well as autos. I hope a complete inventory of his stock on hand as well as stock he had not taken delivery of yet is researched. Even if he did not go to the auction himself that day, he may have sent an agent. The perps may have just thought he held a lot of titles, and lord knows they liked used cars to soup up, rim up, etc. If they saw lights on in the bedroom, they may have assumed he was home and putting these papers away, they may have tried to catch him with it open, that's why they moved before dark? Just wondering.

I've been trying to catch up with the posts, reading for 3 hours straight, and that is just for this 3 in a series secton! I had kept up with the 1st 2 sections more often, so this has been a gruelling yet intriquing bit of reading.

I was also perplexed by the time and date of the incident. Being a local, I do know that Thursday in the used car business means auction day. Cash may have taken up a lot of room and been heavy... but titles would not, each single paper being worth thousands. There may have been titles for homes as well as autos. I hope a complete inventory of his stock on hand as well as stock he had not taken delivery of yet is researched. Even if he did not go to the auction himself that day, he may have sent an agent. The perps may have just thought he held a lot of titles, and lord knows they liked used cars to soup up, rim up, etc.

Now the car auction is something that I've thought about. Where my ex lives about 4-5 hours north of P'cola a couple of years ago there was a man, who owned a golf cart business I think it was. At any rate he was known to frequent car auctions and on the day he disappeared, if I remember correctly a car auction was where he was supposed to be heading, although he was last seen alive at an auto parts store that they would have passed on the way from his business to where the auction was.

I don't remember all of the specifics with that case, except that around the first of this year, maybe end of last year they finally located his remains in a national forest.

For an unrelated but irony factor, this man's last name was Byrd.

There was an earlier mention of a boat business that BB incorporated in 1976, and sold/dissolved? in early 80's. Anyone know the name of that business? I just vaguely recall that during that era there was a very big boat scandel in town where some prominent people got in trouble. Both legal and financial. Trying to recall the name is frustrating because it is an unusual name that over the years sometimes just pops in my head for no apparent reason, but now i can't recall it! They made luxery boats and there was a very fancy building with a large capital outlay, a lot of hoopla about the opening, then a very short time later a big scandel, then it was gone. It was the 70's, I was a teenager, so I apologize...could be nothing, or it could connect some more names. Any way to get an old phone book or access old PNJ newspapers other than the old school going downtown and looking at years of microphish...(You young people may have to figure that reference out!)

I think there were loan papers in that safe that PLW and/or other people wanted to steal, to absolve someone from having to pay back BB the money they owed him. I think there were some white coller criminals trying to rip off BB. They got a brown collar ...I mean black belt middle man who talked it up big to the "auto detail" ring about the potential money, Rx drugs or used car titles, and presuded them to do the heavy lifting, all the while planning to hide behind them, and use them as scapegoats in the future if anything went awry. As mentioned earlier why hand off the loot to some lady in a minivan just sitting out front? She paid them to do the job. When she got the objects she wanted, they could have the spoils. IMO

Anyone think about the large quantity of property PLW owns, who were the previous property owners and I wonder if they are all alive and doing well? Are there a lot of public records of legal sales to her? Just a thought!

Good night, I think I am the last one standing at this hour! I will catch up again later today!

PNJ has created an excellent presentation which gives an overview of the suspects, victims, crime scene and time line. I have rarely seen such a good presentation, so my hat is off to them. For most of us following this case on WS, there is nothing really new. But, for example, the lay out of the crime scene helped me to visualize exactly where everything happened:

http://pnj.com/html/flash/billings.shtml

Everything was planned so precisely. It makes no sense the one who was suppose to disable the system didn't. If the motive were robbery --I would think the robbers would have know more about the contents of the safe. Why would they steal a safe with nothing of real value in it. They did it during the day--with a red van--once again it makes no sense. They made no attempts to flee when the news reported that the survelliance tape had recorded the robbers. I truly think the motive was murder, that these people are the fall guys, one maybe 2 were in it on the real motive the rest were just patsies.

Most people are not going to keep a fortune in a safe. If they kept 100,000 , it would have to be split 9 ways is this enough money to get 9 people to kill and rob?? Why would 9 people think the Billings kept so much it was worth killing them. Why would you trust 9 seperate people to rob and murder a someone. You would think if you were going to do this job you would have as few people as possible..less people to cut the share of the loot with and less people to blab about what happened.

Good question, I'm just bouncing off your post.

FWIW, opinions are welcome, but a poster must be clear that they are posting their opinion. JMO=just my opinion, IMO=in my opinion, MOO=my own opinion. If they state something as fact, they must provide a link. ETA: Opinion based on fact is good, opinion based on nothing concrete....not so much.

However, linking to information based on no proven connection or involving innocent parties is not allowed.

What I do is before posting something questionable is I verify once, twice, and a third time if I can before posting something. That way the info is not longer questionable by the time I post it.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

What's up with the pnj.com website this morning? When I try to log onto it, I get a request to "log in" because the "server requires a password". :banghead:

What's up with the pnj.com website this morning? When I try to log onto it, I get a request to "log in" because the "server requires a password". :banghead:

I was on it an hour ago, but now I'm getting the same thing. Guess, I'm gonna have to go out and get the paper version...:(

That's what I wanted to know. Their server must be on over load or they got a virus,(I'm guessing).

I'll try to call them to make sure they know about.

Being that today is Sunday, the weekend staff does good if they can remember how to use spell check, so there might not be anyone there who can fix it.

(I know, that was mean. I denounce and reject myself):doh:

That's what I wanted to know. Their server must be on over load or they got a virus,(I'm guessing).

I'll try to call them to make sure they know about.

Being that today is Sunday, the weekend staff does good if they can remember how to use spell check, so there might not be anyone there who can fix it.

(I know, that was mean. I denounce and reject myself):doh:
Yes it is kinda mean but it is SO true.

I think I heard about this document, but I never saw it until now:

http://opinions.1dca.org/opinions2004/09-09-04/03-5439.pdf

T.F. n.k.a (now known as?) T.G. appealed a decision to remove her children from her custody. Her appeal was granted and the children were returned. As you will read, the reason the children were removed was due to the new husband, (most likely LPG Jr) and...what the court "knew" about him.

I would imagine that since she once lost her children due to him, she feared that she would lose them again and decided to get while the getting was good. Perhaps she had a role in this fiasco, but in any case, this may be the last weekend she can spend with her children.

As you can see her lawyer was the famous B.W.M, who I believe is also the lawyer for PWL, is that correct?

I think I heard about this document, but I never saw it until now:

http://opinions.1dca.org/opinions2004/09-09-04/03-5439.pdf

T.F. n.k.a (now known as?) T.G. appealed a decision to remove her children from her custody. Her appeal was granted and the children were returned. As you will read, the reason the children were removed was due to the new husband, (most likely LPG Jr) and...what the court "knew" about him.

I would imagine that since she once lost her children due to him, she feared that she would lose them again and decided to get while the getting was good. Perhaps she had a role in this fiasco, but in any case, this may be the last weekend she can spend with her children.

As you can see her lawyer was the famous B.W.M, who I believe is also the lawyer for PWL, is that correct?

Interesting!!

Charlie Wiggins was the atty for Pam, according to PNJ.

Or at least he was the atty that "accompanied" her from Orange Beach back to P'cola, from reading the snips on google. I thought I'd seen the name on some of the news station websites, but not having much luck finding them and PNJ is still messed up. I vividly remember either reading or hearing it stated when she posted bond that he was her atty.

I think the PNJ site is just broke. I can't get on with my username and pasword.

Frustrating.

I tried logging in from a cached page from Google (to do this: search pnj.com from Google and click the "cached" link).

It allows me to enter registerstration info, but it says, "We unable to register you at this time. Please try again later."

My semi-educated guesses are these:

1. Their site has been bombarded with traffic and new registrations and they can't handle the amount of the scores of people registering on their site and have temporarily disabled it.

They need to upgrade their servers to handle the traffic - smart move, especially if the heavy traffic is hindering the affectiveness of their paid advertisers.

Or...

2. Some other crazy reason in which they don't want anyone reading the site unless they've registered previously.

Or...

4. They are trying to gather readership info to help with advertising purposes.

Or...

3. It's a glitch and they haven't figured out how to fix it yet. Or are holding off on fixing it until they can increase the influx of visitor / server traffic.

No matter what the reason.... they shouldn't have done this. A LOT of people are RELYING on them for information. Increasing their server capacity isn't that hard to do. It's only to THEIR BENEFIT to allow as much traffic as possible, i.e, they can charge MORE for advertising if they have increased traffic to the site!

On another note, I was tempted to think they have blocked nearly EVERY IP who accessed the site from PREVIOUSLY UNREGESTIRED members. I've cleared my cooking, tried surfing anonymously, and also I tried logging in from multiple proxy servers and I STILL connect get access. Which tells me they are really trying to keep people OUT who haven't registered before.

:banghead:

Fix this, PNJ! Right away. It's ticking a LOT of people off. :doh:

To fill in some of the gaps in your sleuthing of the defunked PNJ.com, I managed to get to the search part of their web site by finding a link in google for an obituary.

I got to a sign on screen and it said "Unable to sign me in". I tried to get it to send me my password and it said, "unable to send password at this time, please try again later".

I can't get anyone to answer the phone at any of the numbers I tried, which is not unusual for Sunday.

This is not a common problem for their web site. I doubt their server crash do to traffic, because it would have received much more traffic when the National News was running this story 24/7, which seems to have slowed down.

It is certainly annoying.

I also could not get to www.gopensacola.com which is their new web site for entertainment related stuff and is likely on the same server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea