Misty C. #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police confirmed that both Ronald and Misty have taken polygraph tests and they are "satisfied" with the results.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=63252

If LE used the term satisfied with the results when they discussed them with Misty and RC it would be very easy to understand IMO why Misty and RC are stating they were told they passed the poly.

Since you didn't say that was you opinion I'll just throw in that nothing has been stated as fact by LE, one way or the other, nothing.

just me add JMO, in my mind you can not pass LDT with inconsistencies.
just IMO LE said that she lots of inconsistencies.

just me add JMO, in my mind you can not pass LDT with inconsistencies.
just IMO LE said that she lots of inconsistencies.

IMO, it depends what questions were asked.

Keep in mind, while taking a polygraph exam, you are not asked questions that require detailed answers - you are asked YES or NO questions.

While you are answering the series of questions - the polygraph machine records changes in physiological signs such as blood pressure, breathing, sweat gland activity and heart rate. Once done, the test is analyzed as to the physiological responses. The tests are supposed to show signs of deception.

If the person taking the tests shows deception, it usually triggers one (or more) of the responses I listed above. That is what takes time to analyze. And, obviously, there is room for error since different examiners can interpret things differently.

So, it is really quite possible that Misty DID pass the polygraph tests she was given. She was not being asked to give detailed responses regarding a timeline. She was being asked yes or no questions.

One other thing about polygraphs.

A: The most accurate test which can be conducted is the one-question (single issue) test. However, most clients are not satisfied with having only one issue resolved, so we offer a multi-question test in which the examiner can cover three (3) relevant questions during a single examination, as long as these questions are related to one another. These three questions will take one to three hours to cover effectively due to the extensive test process required. The examiner will design and ask a number of other questions during the exam for calibration and scoring purposes. If more than 3 questions must be covered, another exam must be designed and conducted following the first one. This usually adds to the time and cost involved. Additionally, an effect called "anti-climax dampening" makes test results less reliable with an increase in the number of relevant test questions. It is the client's choice whether to have a single-question test or a multi-issue test, considering the slight difference in accuracy . Finally, a healthy individual can only produce readable polygraph charts for a limited period of time. After this time has expired, it is impossible to generate a conclusive polygraph test and any further testing must be scheduled for a different day.
http://www.polytest.org/polyfaq2003.htm

That same day, RC said, "I passed with flying colors". Ron tries very hard to convince the public of his genius at the lie detector test. To that I say, "Phooey"!

Misty is much more humble about it. She simply said she was told she passed and another occasion she told us she was not supposed to talk about it.

Only conclusion I can come up with is R * M are lying or LE told them they passed but did not really mean it.
Or they both could have passed!!

Ronald wasn't trying to convince anyone of his "genius" at the LDT. There is no basis for the statement you made unless it is your opinion. In MY opinion, he was probably relaying what he had been told by LE.

LE is not going to tell them they passed if they did not, imo. The strategy of that move doesn't show much promise to me in an effort to forward a case. To tell them they did not pass would cause pressure to be applied and the chance of coming clean with LE would be greater...if either one had anything to hide...which I do not believe is true.

Snipped from Whisperer's post:

Ron tries very hard to convince the public of his genius at the lie detector test. To that I say, "Phooey"!

Snipped from Ss post:

Ronald wasn't trying to convince anyone of his "genius" at the LDT. There is no basis for the statement you made unless it is your opinion. In MY opinion, he was probably relaying what he had been told by LE

Looks like an opinion to me SS.

Now where's Haleigh?

Snipped from Whisperer's post:

Ron tries very hard to convince the public of his genius at the lie detector test. To that I say, "Phooey"!

Snipped from Ss post:

Ronald wasn't trying to convince anyone of his "genius" at the LDT. There is no basis for the statement you made unless it is your opinion. In MY opinion, he was probably relaying what he had been told by LE

Looks like an opinion to me SS.

Now where's Haleigh?
No. It is stated as a fact that Ron tries very hard to convince the public of his genius at the lie detector test. His opinion to what he stated as fact is, "Phooey".

Whisps "statement" is not fact nor stated as so. We have to post links, I think if it's fact? If we post with venom, it will never get solved. I hope to see this board go forward in the hope we can find Haleigh. To hold those responsible to help the family know where she is. To waste time on if it's someones opinion or not in our posts are useless. You told everyone you have it in your sig line so everything you post is an opinion. Some don't have that option to add it And frankly, the JMO's well...That was my point only.

Hey, Let's find Haleigh.

ETA, what happened to the JMO on your sig?

It is located at the bottom right of my siggy.

I don't want people to read that and believe it is true. Ronald has been chastized every way possible and it is another thing to add to the list. He and Misty both would have every reason to be glad if they were told they passed those tests, but not because either of them felt like they "beat it", imo. The statement reads that way, imo, and I don't think it is fair to characterize it in that manner.

Ron said the police told him that he passed with flying colors...I don't get your reason for defending him...that is what he said. I don't think LE would relay the results in that manner.

I suggest he appeared arrogant. He certainly has no reason to be.

In looking back at the case, what made you change your opinion?

Sorry, just saw it. I pulled the video up to check and didn't catch it. Either I missed it or posted the wrong video link. I'll go look again . . . .

Thanks, definitely the wrong video, if you can find a video where she says that please post.

Let's just get to finding Haleigh. Please....this is so childish to play edit my JMO...

It appears hopeless to discuss facts in this case. It always goes back to semantics. Some starting off defending RC and they have now expanded it to Misty.

It has been suggested that we do not know if she has told LE all the real facts now. Well, it also can be assumed more than likely she has not.

As I said before, Misty speaks in vague terms. She is a hard 'nut' to crack...(euphemism)

Ron said the police told him that he passed with flying colors...I don't get your reason for defending him...that is what he said. I don't think LE would relay the results in that manner.

I suggest he appeared arrogant. He certainly has no reason to be.

In looking back at the case, what made you change your opinion?
I haven't changed my opinion on anything here. Passing the test and "beating the test" are two different things.

I dropped out of this thread before...now I am reminded why.

Just reviewed Greta's video with RC and he said he did not ask Misty any questions. He changes the subject and talks about Crystal custody.

It is obvious he never questioned her about that night. He repeats what M says and changes the fact when she does. This is the one of the reasons that people have come to the conclusion that they both know more than they are saying.

It has been linked and proven what Ron does concerning Misty and her words. It is also obvious that this case is going nowhere. To find Haleigh, if these two are not involved, will not be happening any time soon They do not give enough information. LE has said nothing to indicate that the neighborhood should be warned of a stranger taking young children. LE will not clear the ones closest to the crime scene....number one rule in solving the crime is to clear the people at the scene. BIG RED FLAG!

It is my opinion that since they cannot clear R&M, they have decided to say they are not clearing anyone. They do this because they do not want these two to think they are focusing on them.

For those who believe a stranger did this is, it is not likely. Going in the front and staging the back. I have never seen a sex predator go through this kind of behavior. They are people of opportunity. Breaking down a lock and finding bricks in the dark and staging a scene is not the typical MO of a sex predator. I have known one who did some crazy stuff like climbing through windows with a pillow case of gear....but he was into adult women living alone.

This crime screams of a known person. LE needs to clear RC immediately or the case does not move forward and those two newlyweds remains likely suspects.

Here is what I think about the polygraphs and RMC. Neither of these 2 had any reason to trust the polygraph machine, they don't know anything about these things. People with a history or drug abuse, adults living with minors, people who are in the drug culture, ex issues and have guns in their homes are not the types who typically trust LE. MC was partying the weekend away with common criminals, surely not the thing anyone wants to admist too or be asked about. But, they trusted LE and volunteered to take the polygraphs. Why would this be? Because they think they can "pull one" on the polygrapher or because they are telling the truth?

They aren't the types to think they can pass a polygraph while lying.

They were both asked re HaLeigh: "Did you kill her? Did you cause her disappearance? Her death? Do you know who did? Do you know where she is? " etc., etc.

RC said he was told he passed. MC said she was told she passed at least on the issue of her being home that night - she was. I think this is the only time she mentioned the polygraphs. The polygrapher knows immediately if the subject is telling the truth or not in response to questions. The result may have been discussed in their presence. Whether LE told them the truth of not, we do not really know. RMC are only repeating what they were told.

If they were deceived by LE, what is the point? To make them think they are home free and maybe they will mess up somewhere? I think it would be a better lie to tell them the polygraphs were inconsistent, or detected lying and watch their respones.

I think they were told the truth. They passed their polygraphs.

There is no one to say that they would be beyond taking xanax or something else like it before they tested either.

It is known that the poly is not accurate when drugs are involved, mainly tranquilizers.

LE knows this and that is the reason for not clearing them. If RC was at work 11 hours and passed a poly and they had no reason to think he took any prescribed drugs before the test, he would be cleared.

It is likely they suspect something stinks in Denmark and iit ain't the cheese!

Whisperer - the ploygrapher can tell if the subject is drugged and even Xanax won't help. A base line can still be established - even if the person took Xanax or any other kind of drug. The polygraphers don't want to run the tests on drugged subjects because they want the subject to have the privilege of a clear head and no excuse later that they were drugged when they took the test.

You can't pass a poly on drugs. You may get an inconsistent, but you won't pass. They are remarkably accurate, despite what the Supreme Court says about their admissability at trial. We never want a machine to determine guilt. We want people to do this. A machine cannot replace a jury of peers.

LE can 't clear anyone when they do not know what crime was committed. Kidnapping? Murder? They won't even tell us in which direction the case is heading or if there is any movement on the case.

I loved reading your thoughts Whisperer. You brought up so many things to think about. Seriouslysearching, you have some great points too. It shows that you guys have been involved in this case for awhile. Right?

That same day, RC said, "I passed with flying colors". Ron tries very hard to convince the public of his genius at the lie detector test. To that I say, "Phooey"!

Misty is much more humble about it. She simply said she was told she passed and another occasion she told us she was not supposed to talk about it.

Only conclusion I can come up with is R * M are lying or LE told them they passed but did not really mean it.

I just don't think there's an LE Report filed somewhere stating that RC passed a LD test with "flying colors". That little bit of hyperbole seems like a red flag to a lie IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member