Ron Cummings Arrested 2009.08.06 RE: Battery involving brother-in-law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stockholm Syndrome?! I don't know whether to laugh or not.

ETA: What I do find strange is that people who have vehemently gone against Misty in every way, shape, or form are now defending her as some poor battered thing. LOL

To be honest, I've never really stated too much about Misty other than I believe she is covering for Ron Cummings.
Do I believe she has been batterd by Ron C physically? I don't know.
Do I believe he has battered her verbally? Yes, I've heard him.
Personally,from what I have seen of him, I consider him to be an abusive type person. JMO

Stockholm Syndrome?! I don't know whether to laugh or not.

ETA: What I do find strange is that people who have vehemently gone against Misty in every way, shape, or form are now defending her as some poor battered thing. LOL

SS - I happen to agree with strongly with your opinion about the latest saga. While I have never been a big supporter of any of Haleigh's family, I honestly believe that Ronald never harmed her. I don't agree with his decision to marry Misty and while I don't have a firm opinion as to whether she was involved in Haleigh's disappearance, I do continue to believe that something wasn't/isn't right about her and her family either. At any rate, nothing has yet answered the one question that we all have and that is what happened to Haleigh and I can only hope and pray that someone at some point, whether they are Haleigh's immediate family or extended family, will have a revelation and finally admit what happened to her.

Right now, it seems as if Ronald is the easiest to target to focus on. I will remind everyone, however, that there are always two sides to the story. I also wonder what anyone of us would do if our child was missing and someone came at you in an "aggressive manner." I, for one, don't believe that I could just step away from the situation and probably would have found myself in the same situation as Ronald as I am sure many of you would have as well.

Again, JMO.

It is something to consider thats for sure. Hank Jr was there earlier that day he could of unlocked the door at that time.

I agree. One of my first thoughts was that everyone has been looking at the wrong families entirely. The Croslins except Misty have been seemingly immune to being brought into this as suspect. Maybe this fight happened for a reason to help find Haleigh and point us in the right direction.

If you think about it...her family was in the initial mix of this. Her brother was one of the last people to see Haleigh when he came over, he could have easily had access to the van, he knew the layout of the mh and the area well, he knew how deep Misty slept and Ronald's hours, he would not have been afraid to be caught inside the house by Misty or Ronald, and other things. Why couldn't it be possible her brother or another Croslin took Haleigh without Misty knowing about it?

I finally showered, but you all are right I'm still dizzy with the spin that some put on very simple facts as related in the police report.

What I'm reading in the report is the following:

Misty called her family, sobbing uncontrollably, and begged them to come and get her.
Her family actually rode to her rescue.
Ronald lost his mind, repeatedly attacking Misty's family.
Even when the Croslins tried to run away Ron came back out of the home, chased them down, and repeated his assaults.
In the midst of this violent chaos, blows were exchanged and even Misty got caught in the middle
The Croslins finally managed to get the hell out of there and called LE.
LE went to Sykes' residence, assessed the situation, and arrested Ron.

I haven't posted on this forum in months but I've got something to say now.
Ron C showed his true colors and character the night 911 was called.
He is a seething pot of violence, all it takes is a look into his eyes, the guy is a loose cannon and I would never want to be anywhere near him for any reason. IMO, he has serious problems.

:confused:

Perhaps I'm reading your post wrong -- are you saying it would have been better for RC to have used a weapon instead of simply pushing Hank Jr.??
Yes. It is what I am saying. It would have been perfectly legal for him to "stand his ground" upon being threatened with the intent of bodily harm. If he had shot him, he would not be in this position. Only because he chose to push him away in self defense and then finish the fight after Hank Jr started swinging is the reason why he is in this predicament.

Really?! She doesn't appear to be afraid of Ronald at all. The threats or physical abuse to get a RO has to be directed at HER personally...not her husband. It proves she is afraid of her own brother not her husband.

She hasnt been granted it yet. We will let the Judge decide if this is in fact the case..imo It does not prove anything until the Judge sings...

She hasnt been granted it yet. We will let the Judge decide if this is in fact the case..imo It does not prove anything until the Judge sings...

IMO it proves she is afraid of her brother and not her husband!

UCN: 542009DR001003FDXXXX
File Date: 2009-08-06 Disposition Date:
File Type: INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION - FD10
Judge: ELIZABETH A MORRIS

Plaintiffs
CUMMINGS MISTY J
Defendants
CROSLIN JR HANK T

Date Docket Description
2009-08-06 001.PETITION FOR INJUNCTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
2009-08-06 002.IDENTIFICATION - DRIVER'S LICENSE

So, we KNOW Misty has a driver's license.

Again, and it defies logic why everyone wants to miss the point when they make posts such as this, but Atherella......GGMS was pushing two of them into the car while Misty's brother was fending of Ronald who was punching him while Hank Jr was IN the car attempting to leave.

Uh, they were attempting to comply with the order to leave the premises.

If they were knights in shining armor riding to the rescue they could have brought LE with them. None of the subsequent disturbance would have happened. If they were "good ol' boys" who got pretty well tanked up and decided to show their *advertiser censored* they might well have acted much in the fashion that seems to have occurred.

Ron's reaction to such a challenge is sadly predictable.

In an early post in this thread someone commented on the unfortunate progression of the sequence of events, but characterized it as starting with Ron's reaction. It could be suggested that it was started withe the Croslin's hostile arrival.

fortytwo, no, I cannot quote the statute because when I left the SO, I had to turn my statute book/reference in. You could look up the laws in your state that constitute trespassing. I know what I know from attending the academy.

Since you question it, tho, I know I should have put a 'JMO' in there.

JMO, no, the 'no trespassing' signs are not meant for just when the owner or representative of the owner is not present. It applies also to when you are at home. You may be looking at it from the lawyer standpoint and I am looking at it from the LE standpoint. So - MOO.

Kamky, very nice post #526 and I appreciate what you are saying. Some of us have come from a background where we have seen crime and very bad criminals real close and personal. We have become cynical, well at least I have. RC alone sends up red flags for me. Once I saw him and heard him it wasn't long for me to see what he was about. I have seen many behave like him and feel I pretty much know what he is capable of. OTH, there are many who are still smelling the roses (lucky them) and just see good and even if they are not sure if the person is as good as they would like, they have found a "cause" to defend and pursue till the end, IMO, of course.

Post is right on the spot. I also have the uncanny ability to see people as they truly are. I'm wondering how GMS can say that she was asleep during all the ruckas. I will venture a guess that GMS ignores alot of things going on in that house. I will also offer that alot of things have most likely been overlooked during Ron's young life.

BBM --

BUT one of the claims is that he punched him to keep him from taking Misty, who was not wanting to go. They were using force to take her. AND not only were they supposedly asked not to come, but when they did, they were asked to leave and didn't.

It all depends on which story they're going to go with, but I think there's a chance for RC to say he was protecting his wife and home.

MOO if Ronald was protecting his wife and his GM's home, why didn't he make that call to 911... before, during or after this assault.:confused:

I finally showered, but you all are right I'm still dizzy with the spin that some put on very simple facts as related in the police report.

What I'm reading in the report is the following:

Misty called her family, sobbing uncontrollably, and begged them to come and get her.
Her family actually rode to her rescue.
Ronald lost his mind, repeatedly attacking Misty's family.
Even when the Croslins tried to run away Ron came back out of the home, chased them down, and repeated his assaults.
In the midst of this violent chaos, blows were exchanged and even Misty got caught in the middle
The Croslins finally managed to get the hell out of there and called LE.
LE went to Sykes' residence, assessed the situation, and arrested Ron.
They aren't facts. They are only stories told to LE at the time. There is no proof that Misty called them crying and asking for them to come get her. There is no proof they came to rescue her at all. There is no reason to say that Ronald "lost his mind", but he did lose his "cool" after allegedly being threatened.

IMO it proves she is afraid of her brother and not her husband!

It does not prove she is afraid of her brother, we can assume. Do you know how many people go down and file for RO's because they are pissed at someone, and I would assume there are alot of PO people in Rons house right now...jmo

If they were knights in shining armor riding to the rescue they could have brought LE with them. None of the subsequent disturbance would have happened. If they were "good ol' boys" who got pretty well tanked up and decided to show their *advertiser censored* they might well have acted much in the fashion that seems to have occurred.

Ron's reaction to such a challenge is sadly predictable.

In an early post in this thread someone commented on the unfortunate progression of the sequence of events, but characterized it as starting with Ron's reaction. It could be suggested that it was started withe the Croslin's hostile arrival.
--
I don't think that "good ol boys" call LE before the fact, LE is usually called after the event, usually in cases where someone was injured or killed. "good ol boys" usually feel the need to take care of things themselves. JMO, of course.

Post is right on the spot. I also have the uncanny ability to see people as they truly are. I'm wondering how GMS can say that she was asleep during all the ruckas. I will venture a guess that GMS ignores alot of things going on in that house. I will also offer that alot of things have most likely been overlooked during Ron's young life.

I'm sorry I could say the same thing about me and
we both seem to see people different in this case!
JMO

I'm not SS.. but according to Florida Law!
Read my link above about the "stand your ground law"

I'm a Floridian and I am familiar with the Stand Your Ground Law. My post was not about that.

They aren't facts. They are only stories told to LE at the time. There is no proof that Misty called them crying and asking for them to come get her. There is no proof they came to rescue her at all. There is no reason to say that Ronald "lost his mind", but he did lose his "cool" after allegedly being threatened.

There's no proof they tried to make Misty against her will , there is no proof she did not call them crying. Imo

There are a whole lot of families who have never been eyewitnesses to their child being abused by a boyfriend or mate. Abusers tend to do those things in private, not in front of their in-laws! Lisa never having witnessed any violence does not mean it didn't happen.

This is so true! My best friend's daughter was married to an abuser for about 4 years (lived with him for several years before that). It was only after the daughter married the guy that the violence escalated. But my friend and her husband didn't know about the abuse until much later.

The daughter left the guy twice before she left him for the last time. Each time it was because of his drinking, but no mention of physical abuse. When the daughter left the guy for the last time and filed for divorce, she told her parents about the violence. There had always been a reasonable explanation for bruises.

There was a police report on one act of violence and the husband was arrested on felony spousal abuse. His parents intervened and promised that it wouldn't happen again if she'd only drop the charges. She agreed and dropped the charges. Three months later he hit her in the face with a dog's choke chain and she left him for the last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000