Judge: ELIZABETH A MORRIS

Plaintiffs
CUMMINGS MISTY J
Defendants
CROSLIN JR HANK T

Date Docket Description
2009-08-06 001.PETITION FOR INJUNCTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
2009-08-06 002.IDENTIFICATION - DRIVER'S LICENSE

So, we KNOW Misty has a driver's license.
Does this mean there was enough to get the Restraining Order then or does it still have to be heard by Morris in order to issue it?

I would normally think so too...but not in this case. If Ronald had come out with his weapon and Hank Jr came towards him aggressively with an intent to commit bodily harm...he could have put a bullet between his eyes and this case would be closed.

Now that statement is really scary! Surely you don't really believe it is better to shoot and ask questions later. This was his brother-in-law. It definitely would not be over because there would be two more people who could testify that Misty had called and asked for them to come get her. The last thing Ronald Cummings needs to do is to shoot someone.

In addition, in the press conference the officer stated that the Croslins were assaulted by RC and the number of witnesses supported the arrest of RC, not any of the Croslins. A member of the media asked if any of the charges have been dropped after the court hearing, and the officer said all charges remain. Obviously, LE has determined who was at fault.
(bold above by me)

Who are these "witnesses" that people keep talking about? Is that a new synonym for "participant"?

UCN: 542009DR001003FDXXXX
File Date: 2009-08-06 Disposition Date:
File Type: INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION - FD10
Judge: ELIZABETH A MORRIS

Plaintiffs
CUMMINGS MISTY J
Defendants
CROSLIN JR HANK T

Date Docket Description
2009-08-06 001.PETITION FOR INJUNCTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
2009-08-06 002.IDENTIFICATION - DRIVER'S LICENSE

So, we KNOW Misty has a driver's license.

Wow! There are no words to describe this situation adequately but I can say that I think that unfortunately, Misty has just broken all ties to her family. They are her closest allies and love her and apparently fear for her safety. It is very unfortunate that an abusive spouse usually separates the abused spouse from her family first. Friends, second. It is obvious to me that Ron's mother and Grandmother will not stand up for Misty, they will just turn a blind eye. Misty will have to decide for herself to save herself, noone can do it for her. JMO, of course.

There's no proof they tried to make Misty against her will , there is no proof she did not call them crying. Imo

There is no proof they didn't... and there is no proof she did call!
There's no proof of anything!
Just their word against Ron, Misty and Grandma.

It's really up to who you believe IMO.

Does this mean there was enough to get the Restraining Order then or does it still have to be heard by Morris in order to issue it?

This will be for a temporary RO in about 10 -14 days there should be an offical
hearing to determine if she has the grounds for a full one or not.

I'm a Floridian and I am familiar with the Stand Your Ground Law. My post was not about that.
Were you surprised that I would condone such an action? I live in a state where we don't take our safety for granted when being approached and feel our lives are being threatened. If I felt it was neccesary to use deadly force, I would not hesitate because that is what could get myself or other members of my family killed. I take self defense very seriously.

------------
It appears to me that Ron and Misty are being advised on what steps to take in order to fight the charges against Ron. We can only guess who this person is, right? This action is the next best thing to sliced white bread. Ron is already working on his defense, trying to show that Misty was in danger and he was just trying to protect his little wife from her mother, father and brother. I've got to go for a minute to throw up.

In FL, the judge issues a temporary RO, with a court hearing held within the next few weeks to allow both parties to be heard in order to determine if the RO will be permanent.

IMO, no. I can go file for a restraining order on anyone I want to. Only a judge can grant it.

Didn't the arresting officer say he feared for his OWN safety concerning Ronald Cummings?
All I can say is this if the arresting officer is fearful of him, I'm certain Misty must be also.
Problem as i see it, Misty is in grave danger living with that guy. I pray she hasn't burned all her bridges with her family, but on the other hand maybe that could be a good thing..
Perhaps, her family will shed some light on what exactly happened to Haleigh..

Wow! There are no words to describe this situation adequately but I can say that I think that unfortunately, Misty has just broken all ties to her family. They are her closest allies and love her and apparently fear for her safety. It is very unfortunate that an abusive spouse usually separates the abused spouse from her family first. Friends, second. It is obvious to me that Ron's mother and Grandmother will not stand up for Misty, they will just turn a blind eye. Misty will have to decide for herself to save herself, noone can do it for her. JMO, of course.

Maybe that is what Misty wanted to do! JMO ... of course!

They aren't facts. They are only stories told to LE at the time. There is no proof that Misty called them crying and asking for them to come get her. There is no proof they came to rescue her at all. There is no reason to say that Ronald "lost his mind", but he did lose his "cool" after allegedly being threatened.

BBM
You are correct about this, just as there is no proof that anyone approached Ron aggressively, or hit Misty by accident or at all during the altercation. There is also no proof that the Croslins were told not to come to the house and there is no proof that anyone tried to take Misty with them -- these things are only stories told to LE at the time.

(bold above by me)

Who are these "witnesses" that people keep talking about? Is that a new synonym for "participant"?
LOL I wondered the same thing. They were definitely "eye witnesses"...up close and personal!

Were you surprised that I would condone such an action? I live in a state where we don't take our safety for granted when being approached and feel our lives are being threatened. If I felt it was neccesary to use deadly force, I would not hesitate because that is what could get myself or other members of my family killed. I take self defense very seriously.

As far as we know the Croslins did not have a weapon so why shoot and kill a relative? This is totally ridiculous. We are talking about family here. Would Misty stand for Ron killing her family. Think about what you are saying here FGS.

Did anyone notice how "high" - and I don't mean with drugs - Misty looked after she and/or GGMSykes bailed Ron out of jail today?

IMO, no. I can go file for a restraining order on anyone I want to. Only a judge can grant it.

The record should say that one has been issued if that was done, and even when/if that happens it will be a temporary one pending a further review of the issue.

Sykes said the Croslins were trying to get Misty Cummings into their van to come with them but she refused. Sykes said Croslin hit Cummings and started a fight.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...ted_for_burglary_battery_involving_brother_in

Sykes says Ronald went into her home, came out, and punched Croslin, Jr. to keep him from taking Misty away.

This is interesting to note: Annette Sykes did tell Action News Misty has filed a restraining order against her brother, Hank Croslin, Jr. She says she is also thinking of filing trespassing charges on both Hank Junior and Senior for coming onto her property uninvited.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...peak-about-arrest/mLXK584190mQsmKIOzg82g.cspx

No...GGS said that. They were trying to make her to leave against her will.

Oh...here it comes....the want for cash. Who was it that said the Croslins were going to sue? LOL:

The Croslins say they too are thinking about filing civil claims in addition to the criminal charges. Hank Croslin, Jr. tells us his doctor has said he’s suffered a severely strained neck and back from the fight he got into with Ronald.
I thought she was sleeping when everything got started (?).

These thought's crossed my mind as well, it does worry me for Misty's sake in the long run because she will need them at some point.
You are right about abusive spouse seperating family first then friends I know it all to well..thank you for a good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000