WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. To my knowledge, we don't know much about that sighting. I thought someone was going to check into it, but I don't know if it was accomplished.

2. Someone else can probably answer it more specifically, but I think it was near Capital (?) something. Scandi had all that information and was quite interested in the location and the fire. Hopefully she will come on and fill you in.

Thanks for all the work you are doing here! Wow! I can't wait to see more of your aerial shots and the map! Great job! Thanks for going out this Friday to search for her, too!

Off Topic: Is that you in your avatar? Handsome Pilot, if it is! :)

I have a couple of questions.

1. Whatever became of the lead where someone saw a girl in Hoodsport going by the name of Lindsey?

2. Was the fire that was started in Capital Forest in a "brush pile" with an "incindiery device" ever investigated? And exactly where was that?

Also, I shot a couple hundred aerials yesterday and my computer is crunching them now and I hope to have them posted by tonight. So, those of you unable to search on the ground on Friday there's plenty of photos that will need scrutinized.

I'm going to try to post them on a Flikr account where they will show up on a map. We'll see how that goes.

Mike

Mike,
Thank you so much for everything you are doing. We deeply appreciate it!

1. Never heard anything about this as far as anything official. Everything I heard was through comments made in passing on the news websites. I don't think LE or the Media ever made any comments on it.

2. Yes, that was investigated. Last I heard (and I'll see if I can find a link) it was not related to Lindseys case.

SS: Off Topic: Is that you in your avatar? Handsome Pilot, if it is!

Why can you only press the "Thanks" button once?

It's the hat.

You would need sunglasses if I removed it.

1. Whatever became of the lead where someone saw a girl in Hoodsport going by the name of Lindsey?

2. Was the fire that was started in Capital Forest in a "brush pile" with an "incindiery device" ever investigated? And exactly where was that?

Also, I shot a couple hundred aerials yesterday and my computer is crunching them now and I hope to have them posted by tonight. So, those of you unable to search on the ground on Friday there's plenty of photos that will need scrutinized.

I'm going to try to post them on a Flikr account where they will show up on a map. We'll see how that goes.

Mike

I wondered if that was you up in the plane yesterday...I figured it had to be someone doing something like pics due to the pattern and number of passes in the area. I can't wait to see them.

got this on facebook

Nicole invited you to "Lindsey Baum Search Center Town Meeting" on Thursday, August 27 at 7:00pm.

Event: Lindsey Baum Search Center Town Meeting
"Lets Find Lindsey"
What: Informational Meeting
Host: Bring Home Lindsey Baum
Start Time: Thursday, August 27 at 7:00pm End Time: Thursday, August 27 at 9:00pm
Where: McCleary Community Center

To see more details and RSVP, follow the link below:
http://www.facebook.com/n/?event.php&eid=124150331963&mid=fe664dG6353e839G7f44f8G7

wish I could be there...

• Here for: Dating, Serious Relationships, Friends
the above disturbs me.

this bus station, is it open 24 hours, or opened around that time?
if she got on, one working there would have seen her and remembered perhaps, but was anyone seen leaving the bus station, around the time she disappeared?

small police station i assume, for the town, could use some outside sources, if not already involved.

Mike

MikeB,

I appreciate your efforts to fly and photo the areas. Would love to meet up with you Thursday (think I saw you were coming to our town hall meeting). If possible could you bring photos with you so we can go over them together...thanks.

Welcome to WS, Brad! Thanks so much for KlaasKids coming to search for Lindsay!! :woohoo:

Why can you only press the "Thanks" button once?

It's the hat.

You would need sunglasses if I removed it.
Mike, only intelligent men outgrow their hair. ;) Keep flying high, Buddy! (Or low as the case may be while looking for Lindsay!)

I've been busy. I don't know how well this is going to work but perhaps someone can check it out. Go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/7814456@N08/sets/72157622145620046/ and there will be a bunch of small pictures. Then click on the "map" tab and it will display where the photos are taken. Not sure if this is going to work. Please let me know if it works.

Dennis, I can go through and pull some shots that are representative and get some 11x14s made.

I've been busy. I don't know how well this is going to work but perhaps someone can check it out. Go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/7814456@N08/sets/72157622145620046/ and there will be a bunch of small pictures. Then click on the "map" tab and it will display where the photos are taken. Not sure if this is going to work. Please let me know if it works.

Dennis, I can go through and pull some shots that are representative and get some 11x14s made.

Thank you Mike ...it works great! Wonderful pictures...:blowkiss:

The pictures are great. I've had to turn my head sideways a couple times to figure out exactly where the pics were, but a lot of them were places I recognized. I got to see my house/parent's property from a whole new angle. :D

I love the use of the map with the photos! Works fantastic! It helps to be able to know exactly where they are taken to put everything into perspective. Thanks so much!!

The photos are incredible!

Great Pics Mike.

Friends Landing looks so much smaller from the air. lol

Gah.. rumor mill seems to be picking up in McCleary.

I heard that someone from Gordons Grocery said that MB moved back to Tennessee. Why do people 1. spread rumors and 2. believe everything they are told?

Isn't MB originally from the Olympia area.. why would she move back to Tennessee?

thanks so much mikeb for all your time and professional pics. They are great! :clap: So much thick forest around McCleary - hard to imagine where that beautiful little girl might be. I wish I didn't live in Chicago 'cause I'd be there searching for sure!

... I wish I didn't live in Chicago 'cause I'd be there searching for sure!

There is something you can do. I didn't place the Chehalis River photos on the map but they are in the middle of all the thumbnails on the first page. We need to go through the river pictures and, well, look for a body in the river. Pay careful attention to anywhere something might get hung up. You'll need to use the largest size photo. I believe it is 3000 by something. I did notice that you can actually see the bottom of the river in many places.

Thanks, Mike

• Here for: Dating, Serious Relationships, Friends
the above disturbs me.

this bus station, is it open 24 hours, or opened around that time?
if she got on, one working there would have seen her and remembered perhaps, but was anyone seen leaving the bus station, around the time she disappeared?

small police station i assume, for the town, could use some outside sources, if not already involved.

No, the bus stopped running before 9pm on that night. I don't remember the exact time but I think the last bus through town was around 8:30-8:40 pm, no one "works there". It's nothing but a bench with a roof over it.

The county sheriff, the state police and FBI have been involved since just about the beginning. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500