CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
I figured that much, but Hasanni still needs to be found and I think we have all pretty much come to the conclusion that he's somewhere nearby. There need to be searches happening, even if it's for a recovery only.

If any searches are organized and I have 1-2 days advance notice, I will go help. To the locals, please let me know if you hear of anything?

I agree. On the one hand I understand locals resenting what they might see as self-serving grandstanding or exploitation. On the other hand, I really don't believe it matters. Right now, finding this boy is the goal, and one that won't be achieved if he drops off the radar. I do feel that LR and his supporters are at least slowly making more sense in their approach. The inclusion of a prayer, a few more additions to the memorial site, a sign, and a website are all steps in the right direction. I'm just afraid the efforts are too minor and misguided to really garner public support.

I am also quite concerned about LE. I hope that OPD is simply letting LR talk himself into trouble and developing this case out of view. They have seemed to have a little bit of a shoulder shrug mentality publicly lately, expressing "concern" but claiming there are no searches or leads. I hope this is not the case.

Maybe we can take some kind of action, even if there are no organized searches. Flyer distribution, or perhaps an online petition or campaign towards news organizations to ask them to continue to cover this case? I'm even tempted for one of us to put up a better website that actually might help. These all may be long shots, but I would hate to think, in a worst case scenario that LE lets the case go cold while Hasanni becomes a two-week news item.

You all, this situation is breaking my heart. Hasanni has been gone for 2 weeks and 2 days. I pray if anyone knows what happened to him, they would come forward NOW.

Thanks, Noway. Yeah, Hasanni can't be only 3 feet tall. I am only 5'5", and my son is almost 3' and only comes up to my hip, there abouts (mind you, I got a lot of hip, so it might be higher than it should be... :( )...

Hasanni looks a lot taller.

My son last appt, he turned 5 in may
he was 44 inches tall
and 44 pounds what the odds of both being the same

but, he is right on the edge of being below normal for height and weight
(the boy eats 24 hrs a day if i would let him)
He was 3 months premature

but, most just chalk it up to my husband being short lol he only 5"2
(most dont't know that he is adopted)

he is completely health.
he just going to be short like daddy :)

I agree. On the one hand I understand locals resenting what they might see as self-serving grandstanding or exploitation. On the other hand, I really don't believe it matters. Right now, finding this boy is the goal, and one that won't be achieved if he drops off the radar. I do feel that LR and his supporters are at least slowly making more sense in their approach. The inclusion of a prayer, a few more additions to the memorial site, a sign, and a website are all steps in the right direction. I'm just afraid the efforts are too minor and misguided to really garner public support.

I am also quite concerned about LE. I hope that OPD is simply letting LR talk himself into trouble and developing this case out of view. They have seemed to have a little bit of a shoulder shrug mentality publicly lately, expressing "concern" but claiming there are no searches or leads. I hope this is not the case.

Maybe we can take some kind of action, even if there are no organized searches. Flyer distribution, or perhaps an online petition or campaign towards news organizations to ask them to continue to cover this case? I'm even tempted for one of us to put up a better website that actually might help. These all may be long shots, but I would hate to think, in a worst case scenario that LE lets the case go cold while Hasanni becomes a two-week news item.
I can tell you that flyers have been put up in surrounding Bay Area towns like Castro Valley. I was there on Tues., and there was a flyer up with Hasanni's picture in the shop window...

I just checked findhasanni.com and noticed that the home page has been updated. The "beachy" graphic is still there, but there are now a few explanatory paragraphs in place of the web designer self-promotion.

Thought this line sounded rather ominous:

"This site is for our son so that people can see him for what he was" (emphasis mine). :(

Two questions --

- Has anyone contacted local media or NG & JVM with all the internet socializing/networking and lack of website info on our "lost" Hasanni that has been found?

- Has anyone thought about starting our own "Find Hasanni" website, if we can?

I just checked findhasanni.com and noticed that the home page has been updated. The "beachy" graphic is still there, but there are now a few explanatory paragraphs in place of the web designer self-promotion.

"This site is for our son so that people can see him for what he was" (emphasis mine). :(

BBM --

Oh, Good Lord, are you kidding?!?! :steamed:

Two questions --

- Has anyone contacted local media or NG & JVM with all the internet socializing/networking and lack of website info on our "lost" Hasanni that has been found?

- Has anyone thought about starting our own "Find Hasanni" website, if we can?

Do the Myspace thing....."United Friends of Hasanni"

ETA: Looks like now all it needs is friends..........

Could someone start a facebook or myspace focusing on Hasanni? (Are there laws/rules that prevent that?)

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

(Is it okay to link to "sweetobscurity" in communications with the outside world? I don't want to do that without "sweet's" permission.) :blowkiss:

GO FOR IT...... I think she'll take her chances. Looks like her page needs friends BAD........HINT HINT HINT.

It almost seems as if it is already a two-week news item. I really have to hunt for any little piece of news. One online newspaper (may have been SJ Merc) even had a Hasanni Campbell tab on their home page, for one whole day, then it was gone!

I keep asking myself what can I do to help find this child? What can I do that will best serve Hasanni? This case is so odd, with the lack of info, conflicting info, no one asking the public to help come out and search etc...

I'm about 2 hours from Fremont but very willing to make the drive if I can help in any way.

I sure hope if the police can't find Hasanni soon that they at least can find probable cause to arrest LR. This guy really needs to be locked up.

It almost seems as if it is already a two-week news item. I really have to hunt for any little piece of news. One online newspaper (may have been SJ Merc) even had a Hasanni Campbell tab on their home page, for one whole day, then it was gone!

I keep asking myself what can I do to help find this child? What can I do that will best serve Hasanni? This case is so odd, with the lack of info, conflicting info, no one asking the public to help come out and search etc...

I'm about 2 hours from Fremont but very willing to make the drive if I can help in any way.

Rhyme I don't understand any of it either. It makes absolutely no sense. I realize that this probably happens as time goes on and there appears to be no resolution, but my heart is just sick. Heck, by now if I were a thousand miles closer I'd already be there looking! That would mean I'd only have about twelve hundred to drive!!! Right about now I wish I had wings. I don't think I've wished that since I was Hasanni's age.

The only thing that makes any sense is that in spite of what's being reported (or not), this has been classified as a homicide. If it were then it would make sense that LE isn't asking for help searching and that they aren't releasing info. I could be wrong but it seems to me when they lean toward homicide days into a missing child case, they shut down the lines of communication with the media.

Rhyme I don't understand any of it either. It makes absolutely no sense. I realize that this probably happens as time goes on and there appears to be no resolution, but my heart is just sick. Heck, by now if I were a thousand miles closer I'd already be there looking! That would mean I'd only have about twelve hundred to drive!!! Right about now I wish I had wings. I don't think I've wished that since I was Hasanni's age.

The only thing that makes any sense is that in spite of what's being reported (or not), this has been classified as a homicide. If it were then it would make sense that LE isn't asking for help searching and that they aren't releasing info. I could be wrong but it seems to me when they lean toward homicide days into a missing child case, they shut down the lines of communication with the media.

Great points Shutterfly. You make a lot of sense and put it more in perspective for me. I suppose there really isn't much we can do. I'm not sure I could attend a vigil with LR there. I know it's for Hasanni and all about Hasanni, but frankly, I don't trust myself to keep my mouth shut in his presence! IMO, he shouldn't even be allowed anywhere near the vigils!

I have a question about the large water bottle for donations, set out at the last vigil. Does anyone know who put it there and did anyone see who left with it? Was it LR or was it someone legit handling those donations? I seriously can picture LR taking it home counting how much cash he scored!

I searched his email on facebook (kaisho71@y****.*** and it has:
Louis Ross Monterey Bay, CA
(is this anywhere near Fremont,CA??)

FYI-so far everywhere I can find a reference to him he has things set to private...:waitasec:

Shutterfly, that's great work!

Only, the counter counting down the time since Hasanni disappeared makes me feel like crying... :(

I searched his email on facebook (kaisho71@y****.*** and it has:
Louis Ross Monterey Bay, CA
(is this anywhere near Fremont,CA??)

FYI-so far everywhere I can find a reference to him he has things set to private...:waitasec:

No, Monterey is considerably south of Fremont. However, on a public search that was posted in the last thread, Monterey came up as addresses associated with his full name, including the 3 behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph