Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items

i will bet that there are pics of people at a party or some place where they have been using duct tape as a outfit or as a joke or something like that ....

dont ask me why... i can just sense it

It looked like to me that the bag was inside the Fedex box. The only thing that Casey wrote on the left list on exhibit #22 that was not received by OCSO is the first thing on her list: "Caylee Hair Samples - Bed." Could that be significant?

Could be if that was the crime scene and some had a death band.

i will bet that there are pics of people at a party or some place where they have been using duct tape as a outfit or as a joke or something like that ....

dont ask me why... i can just sense it

Hope I'm remembering it right, but wasn't there a picture of Lee's room mate wrapped in duct tape for some party or something?

I do remember that JS discussed a motion to supress photos as well as the "video" of KC from December 11th.* I hate stating that as fact since I don't have a link to back up so I will say IIRC.* There was an issue of photos in the photobucket account....but was there not also an issue of "photos" recovered from the computer? I think that KC was likely concerned about photos that were NOT on the photobucket account, but the ones that were retrieved from the computer.* IF JS agreed they could be prejudicial then I bet they were never posted on photobucket and were just in an image gallery on the computer.* Do I also remember him saying something about them not having any direct bearing on the case, but if released could be considered prejudicial????* Does ANYONE else remember that??* MM and others very early on grabbed those online accounts and saved them....but the Prosecution has access to any other ones from the computers and JB didn't want them going public.* There is also a reason he did not want the video from the jail released.* I don't believe it is for any other reason than her behavior confirms she knew it WAS Caylee.* To hold evidence back for public viewing is not unheard of.* Judge Terry Lewis, in the case of Gary Michael Hilton in Tallahassee, ordered certain limited info to be held back from public request records, for a period of time.* He did this to protect the integrity of the case and to avoid a change of venue. The judge can impose restrictions prior to trial if he considers the info to carry the risk of tainting a jury pool, or creating an unfair prejudice against the defendant.* Judge Strickland has exercised this as well, and I think that will ALSO go far in the argument NOT TO CHANGE VENUE.*JS has recognized that some info is just too inflammatory.**

Agreed. By family I meant KC.(should have said that) LDB stated that the position of the "family in the court room" was not relevant. I thought that Al looked at KC with pity when she said OMG because AL thought that LDB was insinuating that KC would sell the pictures.

The comment comes immediately after LDB says "My position is not to protect the family but to protect the CHILD- with that AL says "Oh My God". With the look of contempt she had on her face at the time I read that to be like saying "just listen to the drama queen' or Who cares about the kid, it's KC that counts.

Warning: Gruesome

Is it possible that one of Caylee's teeth fell out in the trunk while she was decomposing there and KC or the As found it?
I think it would really take longer for that to happen, but . . . anyone know?
Off to Google decomp and teeth - well, maybe later :-(

Oh my! There has been a lot of speculation that the A's found something in their backyard on July 3 that sent them into a tizzy. Could it have been one of Caylee's teeth?

Weren't there several days when KC went to JB's office with a full backpack? I would think that most of Caylee's pictures were digital. So what else was she taking? I know she was supposed to be a scrapbooker but I haven't seen many with Caylee. Was KC also removing evidence from the house? Blankets, pillows, balls?

Yes, the objection initially is to an exhibit (page 496, line 17). If it's just a photo, and it's already out there in the public, why object to it?

Is it maybe a photo that is NOT in the public domain, of an object or person that Baez doesn't want known? It's something that Cindy hasn't seen before.

Is it possible that there are things sealed (other than the remains photos and money issues) that we don't know about? Seems like a seal order from the judge would be in the case file.

I asked about the sealing issue in the legal thread, I will bring over snippets...My particular question was as to inflammatory/prejudicial evidence, and if we would have seen motions to seal for that kind of evidence....

What mother would ever allow that to happen ??? I for one, would NEVER allow any lawyer of mine to profit from anything having to do with my daughter, had she passed away. I can just see Casey nodding and smiling at Jose, "oh Absolutely you have to get paid, Go right ahead. sell as many as you can." Giggle, "Just make sure you put some of that cash in my snack account", Wink. Really despise these two ...hope they choke on their twizzler.

If Casey was capable of taking Caylee's life, (which I believe she did) she is evil enough to do anything, she has already sold her soul countless times

Oh my! There has been a lot of speculation that the A's found something in their backyard on July 3 that sent them into a tizzy. Could it have been one of Caylee's teeth?

I always wondered why the A's immediately searched the back yard after smelling the car. Something had to lead them to that area.

I can't imagine Cindy would have been shown the most infamous photo- if you have seen it you will know what I mean. That photo would be prejudicial no matter how/when it was introduced.

Legal experts, can you help me on this one?:

If the judge has sealed any inflammatory evidence, would we have seen a hearing on the docket with a motion to seal?
Or, if the state knows it is inflammatory, can they just go to the judge directly without a hearing, or seal it themselves? (Why would they do that?)

Does the court have to give their stamp of approval to circumvent the Sunshine/FOI Law?

ETA-Maybe inflammatory is the wrong word....Prejudicial evidence is what I am thinking of in reference to above.

I believe if anything was being held back under the Sunshine Law exceptions, there would be some trace of it on the docket--if only a cryptic motion for leave to file a motion under seal...

We have had a couple of instances when the defense asked for something to be held back from the media, and there were not only lots of documents filed, but public hearings held.

Hope AZ's answer here clarifies.

I can't imagine Cindy would have been shown the most infamous photo- if you have seen it you will know what I mean. That photo would be prejudicial no matter how/when it was introduced.

It's not KC, and I'm not sure it should be discussed here....:angel:

I think many here have seen it and prejudicial doesn't even begin to describe it.:innocent::blushing:

Maybe not..because it was a non-rooted baby tooth. It is interesting how the front tooth is missing and Cindy oddly keeps making a point of saying Caylee has 20 teeth, not 18. Hmmm... so 3 teeth not found would be less suspect than 1 front tooth not being found?? That would be my guess.
By the age of 3 most kids have 20 teeth. http://health.state.tn.us/oralhealth/howmanyteeth.html http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...l/11-8634-8711[1].pdf

Baby teeth DO have roots. But as the permanent teeth push up, they destroy the roots, which are buried in the gums, of baby teeth. Caylee's baby teeth roots should have held each and every tooth in place even after skeletonization. http://www.answers.com/topic/why-do-teeth-fall-out

There is no good reason one of Caylee's front teeth would be missing. Caylee had all of her front teeth on June 15 in the Father's Day Video.

The comment comes immediately after LDB says "My position is not to protect the family but to protect the CHILD- with that AL says "Oh My God". With the look of contempt she had on her face at the time I read that to be like saying "just listen to the drama queen' or Who cares about the kid, it's KC that counts.

Well, actually, she doesn't say that. She says "oh for goodness sakes". I didn't really take her to be feeling contempt as much as I believe she was showing a total disagreement with Miss Linda's statement.

My opinion on this is that Caylee can no longer be harmed and we are, in fact, in a phase where Casey's constitutional rights trump some imaginary insult to a dead person. Don't get me wrong - I think she's as guilty as she can be, but Caylee's remains being viewed by the public can't hurt Caylee. So to argue something that can impede a defense for Casey based on the humiliation??? of a dead person, to me, it is a bit of a disingenuous argument. I think that's what slipped out of Lyons' mouth.

Weren't there some photobucket photos also sealed? Why am I recalling Strickland agreeing during a hearing that he had viewed the photos and agreed that they were inflammatory or "compromising"...???
I remember that too. I think the argument was that some "bad" pictures were taken before Caylee disappeared and would be more inflammatory than relevant.

I asked about the sealing issue in the legal thread, I will bring over snippets...My particular question was as to inflammatory/prejudicial evidence, and if we would have seen motions to seal for that kind of evidence....

Some new thoughts:

I just remembered something else that is sealed that I couldn't really find a record of. Dominic Casey's second interview with LE, supposedly sealed because it was "work product" for Baez.

Right before LDB gets into the line of questioning that Baez objects to, she asks Cindy if she has seen photos of the remains site. Cindy says she has seen some on the news, and also some that Dominic took and some that Joy Wray took.

Right after that, LDB asks for the exhibits to be marked, and says something about things turned over to Baez.

Could CASEY have taken pix of the remains site at some point before she was jailed? Or could something of Dominic's be tied in somehow? Some pictures he took maybe?

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER (via telephone): No, no. You`re right, Nancy. One of our affiliates in Orlando and our colleague, Natisha Lance, has been able to confirm that a complaint has been made to the bar that Jose Baez told Dominic Casey, that PI that was working for the Anthony family, If you find Caylee`s body, don`t call 911.

Now, Jose Baez, of course, denies this, says he`s done nothing unethical, but that is the report that`s out there.

GRACE: Ellie Jostad, what can you tell me about the origin of the bar complaint alleging this?

JOSTAD: Well, allegedly, this information came out -- we know that Dominic Casey gave two interviews to authorities. One of them`s been released. The second one has not been released. The judge ordered it sealed because he determined that what he said in that interview qualifies as privileged. So that hasn`t been released. And it`s supposedly in that second interview that he says that Baez told him not to call authorities.
http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:pa0KPz7quAcJ:transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0904/08/ng.01.html+seal+%22dominic+casey%22&cd=17&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Not sure if you caught it, but when I revisited the March 25 clip I posted earlier - the one that lead to the side bar, Ashton was pretty strenuous in tone that day. He & JB got in a bit of a heated exhange after the sidebar. Ashton was very upset that JB implied the State would leak the sidebar and he took much offense to JB implying that the State might behave unethically.

I note that Ashton had the some tone with JB during Cindy's depo after they come back on the record. Ashton says something along the lines of, "Anyone who could spill it already knows the answer, and any of those people could spill it if they were so inclined."

To me, this is definitely related to funding somehow - and something Casey provided to JB for that funding - which arrangments CA didn't know about until this depo.

I'm still married to your theory. Whatever it is, it is a real hot-button for the state when it comes to the ethics in this case.

Hi thoughtelf, your post nudged a thought in my mind but not hard enough for it to make it from the back of my mind to my fingers :)

But here is the gist of it, hopefully someone will see a connection somewhere...and fill the rest in...didnt Strickland ask Baez outright about photos being provided to Baez for the payment of the defense? Or some such?

It might be off base but I can't remember exactly what was said or how it was said and if it would even have any impact on the part of the depo we are discussing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monifah2
Back