Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a couple of missing cases I found the other day...I will see if I can find them again.
They are unsolved at this time & one was a 20 something woman found murdered in 1996 0r 97 (IIRC) another was a little girl. Both found murdered & raped. They had a suspect in one of the cases who was found gulity of another rape, but never had enough to charge him with the the young ladies case.

I have to re-boot & I'll see if I can find the articles in my history of sites visited. ASAP

I hope I can find them to see if we can find anything similiar to Morgan's case or not.

:angel:

we must assume since she used her phone at one point that night... that the "incident" that would cause a cell phone battery to fall out (ie, she dropped it etc) happened after that. So where is the battery? And if she was coherent and just dropped her phone why would she put her phone back in her purse but not the battery?

As for being "coherent" and not willing to discuss her "condition"... well that is downright strange!!!! Why WOULDN'T LE WANT TO DISCUSS WHAT CONDITION SHE WAS IN??? That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

going outside to use the restroom. right.

New Tip Line Created for Morgan Harrington Search
Updated: 3:49 PM Oct 21, 2009
<snipped>
It is believed she left the building while trying to find a restroom and, due to a school policy, she was not allowed to reenter the arena. Police say she called a friend between 8:30 and 9 p.m. after she was denied entry.

Police say a passerby found her purse and cell phone in a parking area between the arena and the athletic fields. However, there has been no contact with or from Harrington since she disappeared.

In a press conference Tuesday afternoon, police confirm that Harrington was on the grounds near JPJ until at least 9:30 p.m. Saturday.

Officers with the UVA Police Department, VSP and the FBI have been searching the area, including areas around Davenport Field, Klockner Stadium and the arena.

A helicopter was used to try to help the search, but because of the foliage on the trees, that search was ended. Search teams using K-9 units were also used.

Police say they have now ended their localized ground search, and they are still treating this as a missing person case. However, they are conducting their search as a criminal investigation.

Article:
http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/65225537.html

I'll post the PC video as soon as it is released....time to re-boot...lagging PC. :banghead:

:angel:

MySpace comment:

i was there i'm pretty sure i seen this girl in the smoking area while lamb of god was playing it looked like she had been hit in the face & was crying. I hope she is okay.

Posted by angie on October 21, 2009 - Wednesday - 11:45 AM

I think ppl are being too quick to call out the friends and say that they are withholding information. I mean think about it up until the press conference that just happened you could not even get a straight story on whether she drove there or not. Even if the horrible new media that exist these days happened to get it right it is still only what ppl are letting out. just because YOU sitting at your computer feel you are not getting enough details it does not mean that they are not being totally forthcoming with LE.

I think at this point they obviously know this is a big deal and it is very likely that something serious is wrong and I'm sure they are not holding back information because it might be embarassing.....Just because its not public doesn't mean anything and as you know if you follow these cases the media tends to fill in the gaps with....apperantly whatever the hell they want....and this make the detail that do exist seem to not fight together but thats not because witness are being deceptive it b/c half the reported "facts" are basically made up.

would love to know when the last text/call was made on her phone.

Yes, so would I. There holding back that info.

Im feeling that she was hanging out with some people, hopefully she knew them and had her pocketbook on top of the car. When she left with these people her pb fell on the ground and maybe someone stepped on it or a car ran over it. Im just hopeful...

Did she announce it on facebook or whatever that she'd be there?

So the friends say that she said she'd "get a ride" or was it "had a ride." Sounds like LE is not telling us the rest? That would sort of explain the friends leaving. But I do believe she told the friends who it was. But why would LE keep that info withheld? Im confused.
And do we believe the friends that she said that she had a ride? (Im leaning toward yes, I believe them; but Im iffy for some reason.... maybe b/c "getting a ride" seems so out there.)

How far is the arena from harrisonburg where her car was left?

Also, is there any significance that she drove to harrisonburg, but then the three of them took a differenct car to the arena? Could that mean she that she had no intention of riding back with the friends? Could it mean that whoever she met at the arena is from harrisonburg? (So they'd both be going back to the same place?) (Well no not necessarily) Im confundido.

This is screaming I want to see what's on her PC, emails and those social accounts like facebook or whatever.

]Also, if she told the friends that she had a ride, what was the point of the friends "waiting a significant amount of time" for her at the car after the concert? (according to the mother)

And so does that mean that that one dude was lying? He was the poster somewhere (not here) who said that he parked beside them. He said that he saw the friends "standing around the car" after the concert. Well it was their car; so they'd have the keys and likely wait inside if it were cold or dark etc.

So - she left the concert right before Metallica took the stage - she left I thought to smoke a cigarette. supposedly (read somewhere) she left her ticket inside (don't understand why it wasn't in her pocket or purse) is that why she couldn't get back in? because she left her ticket? surely she could have gotten back in. Mom says she was really excited about the concert. doesn't make sense. Friends could have brought her ticket outside to her if that's the case. they need to check the cell phone records of the friends as well. If she wanted to meet a boy she was old enough to do so - no need to lie to your parents at 20 years of age and say you are going to a concert but really you are meeting a boy.

the arena has a no re-admittance policy it has been link multipule time in this tread. Think about it if not then you could by 4 tickets and go to the concert with 7 of your friend 4 of you go in and give all the tickets to one person they go back out and them and the three other go back in using the same tickets.

It scares me that she says it looked like the girl had been hit in the face & was crying!
Yes, but with a grain of salt, some people just yap and make things up to see how far their tale will go. Sad but true.

I'd love to see the call log, all numbers incoming/outgoing and missed from that night on her cell.

I agree. Teens to Twenty somethings (I have two 20+) are constantly texting on their phones. Even at get togethers, dinners, parties and yes even concerts. This phone will give a great time line.

MySpace comment:

i was there i'm pretty sure i seen this girl in the smoking area while lamb of god was playing it looked like she had been hit in the face & was crying. I hope she is okay.

Posted by angie on October 21, 2009 - Wednesday - 11:45 AM

so maybe this is the "condition" she was in?

the arena has a no re-admittance policy it has been link multipule time in this tread. Think about it if not then you could by 4 tickets and go to the concert with 7 of your friend 4 of you go in and give all the tickets to one person they go back out and them and the three other go back in using the same tickets.

Also I think its safety issue. There would be hugh crowds in the parking lot then they would come back to their seats, etc. I wonder if they check your purse like they do here. Here we are not allowed to carry anything in, ex food, drinks etc. and they look through your pocketbook.

I figured, given the reported location of the found purse, you guys would like something to help you get your bearings straight.....I know how it sucks for me when I can't "be" where one of these cases evolves.....

This is the JPJ Arena, the brick structure, and you can see the athletic field as well. I gave you two vantage points cuz I knew you'd want to see both sides.

JPJ2.jpg

JPJarena.jpg

:blowkiss:

OT: They found a small child's body in a landfill in the search for Somer Thompson.

I agree. Teens to Twenty somethings (I have two 20+) are constantly texting on their phones. Even at get togethers, dinners, parties and yes even concerts. This phone will give a great time line.

I can't go anywhere without seeing people of all ages texting or at least being on their phone!

Has anyone figured out her birthday yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member