Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he so lame and non-liquid in the cash funds department that he lives in C'ville (or some other place but close to C'ville) and couldn't scare up the gas money, transportation etc to visit HER in her town for cryin out loud? (Que music to TLC's "Dont Want No Scrubs") That sounds pretty unappealing.

Heh. :flashbak:

That is EXACTLY how I feel. Plus, someone said the father had this wonderful relationship with his daughter and that bugged me, too. I'm telling you, something is off here.

I do find it a bit odd that they speak of her not having a boyfriend as if she may be 14 or 15 when it's not as an acceptable thing.
I also thought about the good relationship with the father thing. I'm not sure what made me think about that so hard, but it was something that kinda struck me when I read it that just kinda made me think, "is that odd"? I'm not saying it is strange it just stood out to me for some reason.

Good catch, Chili Fries. (Chili Fries said: Originally Posted by Chili Fries
I posted this earlier. Morgan reached out to a guy it seemed like she didn't know on Myspace to try and meet him. She said that's something she didn't normally do and I have no idea if he responded but I thinks it's interesting.

Here is the link:
http://www.myspace.com/mutedsilence

Another thing that's interesting is that he didn't have her in his top friends yesterday but now he does.)

Did I read that correctly that it said "Status > married?"

Anyone want to make a screen shot of that... just for the heck of it in case it changes? or disappears?

Not only does it show him married, but that he has had a baby prior to April 2009. Mean anything? Probably not, but just noting the details.

*NOTE: Much more info in article link!

Vigil unites supporters of missing Tech student
Thursday, October 22, 2009; 10:14 PM
<snipped>
Family pastor Diane Scribner Clevenger opened the ceremony in prayer for Harrington’s safe return. “This may not be a time we can wrap our minds around,” she said, “but this is a time we can wrap our hearts around.”

While all in attendance had unique stories to tell, one theme was clear: Harrington’s closest circle of friends firmly believes she is alive and will be safely returned.

Dan Harrington, Morgan’s father, said that his daughter was “not a person who was trying to run away from her family, friends, and life at Virginia Tech.”

“I think Morgan was taken,” he said, “and if someone out there has her, please, let her go.”

Article:
http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/14490

:angel:

A couple of little things from this article - “We will survive this obscene place in time,” said mother Gil Harrington as she addressed the crowd, “by taking the shining gossamer threads of love from you and plaiting them together into a rope of support.” Not to be rude, but who talks like that, especially when grief-stricken??!

"Helm recalled Morgan talking about the Metallica concert the week before.

“She had been excited about it for a while,” Helm said, adding that Harrington was excited to see friends that she had not seen in a while." What friends?? So far, I had only gotten the impression that she was with her "Nine" and extended girlfriends. So who was she going to see?

Wow that is bizarre what she said, I'm starting to really think she's an odd one but then again who knows what we'd say under extreme stress and anguish

You know I'm not sure that they were all part of her group of best friends as far as I recall -I'll go back and check

The no re-entry policy is to prevent multiple people from gaining admission on the same ticket. It will never be changed. They might as well allow people to wander in for free at will. Patrons are also usually fully searched (and fair or not, the heavier the band, the greater the suspicion and the more intense the search) at the door to prevent them from bringing in weapons (and, in theory, drugs), and they simply are not going to re-search every person who wants to go in and out for a breath of fresh air. They can't start making exceptions, because it will get out of hand in a nanosecond.

The bottom line is that we're talking about grown adults attending an event where they are responsible for knowing the rules and making their own choices. Security and door staff are responsible only for ensuring safety while you are inside the building. They have their hands full with drunk concert-goers, people trying to sneak backstage, people trying to slip their floor wristbands onto other people's arms, and the dude groping girls in the mosh pit.

Please don't misunderstand, I hope this girl is safe somewhere and comes home. But it is not the fault of the venue that she left the building of her own free will and vanished.

Thank you.......you are so very right in all you say. If rules such as these weren't enforced, it would be crazy and they know it. For my safety, I'm glad rules are in place.

The poster who mentioned the band, roadies, etc. Give me a break....please. Metallica's members are well in their 40's, pushing 50, all are married with children. Anyone who knows/follows the band is aware that this tour is the "tamest" they've ever played. They play a week or so and then take a week or so break....to go home and be with family. Plus, they've all come clean with their "dirty laundry" and are living clean lives. To insinuate their roadies or crew could have had something to do with this is absolutely ludicrous. I used to work in the concert/venue industry and have met many band members, roadies, and crew. Believe me, they have more on their minds than abducting young women.

I agree with you 110% and hope she will safely return. I also empathize with her family and can't begin to fathom the emotional hell they are going through. Morgan made her choice to leave the arena and put herself in danger. IMO somebody grabbed her in her drunken/stoned state and each day that passes brings a more grim aura to this horrendous situation.

May her family soon have the peace of knowing what happened to her. I truly hope all this ends soon for them.

Thank you.......you are so very right in all you say. If rules such as these weren't enforced, it would be crazy and they know it. For my safety, I'm glad rules are in place.

The poster who mentioned the band, roadies, etc. Give me a break....please. Metallica's members are well in their 40's, pushing 50, all are married with children. Anyone who knows/follows the band is aware that this tour is the "tamest" they've ever played. They play a week or so and then take a week or so break....to go home and be with family. Plus, they've all come clean with their "dirty laundry" and are living clean lives. To insinuate their roadies or crew could have had something to do with this is absolutely ludicrous. I used to work in the concert/venue industry and have met many band members, roadies, and crew. Believe me, they have more on their minds than abducting young women.

I agree with you 110% and hope she will safely return. I also empathize with her family and can't begin to fathom the emotional hell they are going through. Morgan made her choice to leave the arena and put herself in danger. IMO somebody grabbed her in her drunken/stoned state and each day that passes brings a more grim aura to this horrendous situation.

May her family soon have the peace of knowing what happened to her. I truly hope all this ends soon for them.
bbm and red by me

I would not call your opinions "ludicrous" simply b/c I disagree with you b/c that would be RUDE.

And if it's so "ludicrous" and the roadies etc are great and wonderful, then surely they wouldn't object to someone asking them any questions about the case that may prove helpful. Pillars of the community and innocent people generally want to help any way they can. One way of helping is to allow LE etc to make inquiries in order to rule people out.

I also said that someone could have posed as a roadie with a promise of getting her backstage to meet the band for whom she is apparently an ardent fan.

It could also be said that it is "ludicrous" not to cover all the bases in a missing person's case.

And I dont care if she were drunk, high, naked, swinging on a chandelier, and singing, "Happy Days Are Here Again," no one has a right to accost her, abduct her, harm her, or otherwise violate her...in my opinion.

MOO

I don't believe the purse and phone was found near the arena. They have been reported as being found a quarter mile away from the arena near the softball fields.

It's possible that "softball field" is actually the baseball field as it is near the railroad tracks which were also mentioned ... There is a small practice area outside the baseball stadium. The parking area below the stadium is about 1/4 mile from JPJ ...

Secret agent mom...or anyone else who has been to the arena -

Do the bathrooms have any emergency exits? Is there any way she could have gotten turned around in the bathroom and quite literally walked outside by mistake, while intending to go back out the way she came?

The bathrooms are on the interior wall - sorta across the hall from the outer doors. The only doors I have seen are to get in the bathroom and out of the bathroom.

My friend and I have discussed the idea that she went out the wrong door. We have tried to figure out how that might have happened. I can't recall any emergency exits, but I am sure there have to be some. The hallways are very well marked and have signs pointing to the exits.

We have also been trying to remember if there was a sign saying that there was no readmittance. We just can't recall. We remember seeing a sign at a basketball game, but we can't remember if it was there for other events.

I wish now I would have paid more attention, but hindsight is 20/20...

Something else I noticed from the mom and dads interview yesterday on HLN. At the very end almost at the second they broke away from the interview with the parents, the mom with her left hand held up 4 fingers and with her right she held up one finger. It's probably part of all the codes they seem to use. Just stuck with me when I saw it.

Respectfully snipped
Wow that is bizarre what she said, I'm starting to really think she's an odd one but then again who knows what we'd say under extreme stress and anguish

Not picking on you...just saw a couple quotes regarding this...

I don't believe it's weird that the Mother spoke in those specific words - for 2 reasons

1) Gil Harrington is an ordained minister
2) Words such as those (and similar words) are "expressions", if you will, of the Unity Church love and light belief

Respectfully snipped

Not picking on you...just saw a couple quotes regarding this...

I don't believe it's weird that the Mother spoke in those specific words - for 2 reasons

1) Gil Harrington is an ordained minister
2) Words such as those (and similar words) are "expressions", if you will, of the Unity Church love and light belief

Thanks for this useful clarification MBlover! I wouldn't have thought you were picking one me! :)

Morning y'all...another day and no Morgan...almost a week now.

I'm from the general region and was listening to the radio this morning. A popular DJ on an alternative station, which would broadcast from Charlottesville/VA Beach/Richmond and north all the way to MD/PA state line covered the case. They cover a variety of issues but spent some time theorizing on this case, especially since their fan base is young, 20 somethings and into more alternative/hard rock music.

A young woman called in and said she had been in attendance at the show with her boyfriend and his buddy. They tailgated in the lots a bit, had some beers and because of this missed the opening acts. They headed into the arena at 9:30 to get in to see Metallica start.

Woman said that she is 100% positive she saw Morgan on the steps of the arena at this time. They struck up a quick convo with "hey, you know if Metallica has went on yet?" etc. " They know it was Morgan because the boyfriend also said "Hey, Pantera's not playing here tonight- wrong show!", in what I assume would be a joking manner (pointing out that Morgan's tshirt was for another heavy metal band).

According to woman who called show, Morgan was clearly agitated at this point and said something along the lines of "you know what, f you" whatever. The group proceeded into the arena and never saw her again.

I find it interesting that the woman witness puts Morgan outside at 9:30 and angry/agitated as opposed to crying/upset. It seems like this would be a plausible sighting too, but you never know. It is a radio call in show and people are always looking for their 15 mins...

HOWEVER, going with theory that Morgan's outside at 9:30 and pissed off/annoyed whatever...I could definitely see the make friends with a stranger thing become more likely at this point. Perhaps another group outside smoking before they went in saw her, struck up convo and invited her to come smoke something at their car before they went in. Morgan, being annoyed and slightly out of normal condition due to whatever she had been doing with friends on drive up (beers, pot, etc.) might have been like "you know what, what else am i gonna do? everyones in there i cant go back in, might as well go smoke/drink with this guy(s) and call around to mutual friends/wait to hear from girlfriends, at least its something to do."

Assuming this train of ideas happened, this new group may have gone in and left someone out there with Morgan (hot girl by herself) who wasn't exactly kosher. OR group goes in, leaves Morgan outside even more intoxicated...she stumbles around lots looking for her car (harking back to post above where its stated that witness saw Morgan wobbling around and dropping purse), get back to arena and runs into trouble...

anyone heard anything about this? facebook page discussion section: "10. Seen her jacket at the railroad tracks in the parking lot south of the PJP arena. (official investigation near Davenport and the stadium a block south of the PJP). It was a cold night at 40 F and light rain. (Weather NOAA) The last train out was about 9 p.m. to Lynchburg. (Amtrak.com)"

Also sounds like he must know what he's talking about as on the other discussion topic on FB page he was talking about being out there meeting people and distributing flyers...

Found source on search discussion on FB "Tonite I received a call and was told this. " Her jacket was found today across the railroad tracks from JPJ and that someone matching her discription was seen on or near Emmit St. that nite being with two males walking in the opposite direction of JPJ. It was told to me that this info will be released in the next day or so. I hope this is 100% accurate because it gives me a feeling of hope ... snipped

Lots of developments since I last read the thread. Very encouraged to hear that people are coming forward and giving accounts of things that they saw. Usually people will neglect to call in because they rule themselves out as a possible witness. I hope that it continues and possible witnesses as to Morgan's whereabouts that evening continue to report things. All the more hope that a viable time line might be established.

The woman who talks of possibly witnessing a dispute in the parking lot might turn out to be a great tip. I hope that she has talked with Law Enforcement and maybe been shown some pictures of Morgan with her hair pulled back.

When Nancy grace covered Morgan's story the other night and talked about the cell phone battery being out of the phone I was worried that the phone may have been dropped and popped open and the battery fell out, a few of the scenario's that are being discussed seem to support a theory that the phone might have been dropped in a struggle of some sort. I haven't finished reading the whole thread to catch up and I was wondering why they called the searches off for Morgan? Did we hear anymore on that? Seems awfully early to stop searching especially if witnesses are coming forward with accounts of a possible struggle. SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO MORGAN, I believe that!

Lots of developments since I last read the thread. Very encouraged to hear that people are coming forward and giving accounts of things that they saw. Usually people will neglect to call in because they rule themselves out as a possible witness. I hope that it continues and possible witnesses as to Morgan's whereabouts that evening continue to report things. All the more hope that a viable time line might be established.

The woman who talks of possibly witnessing a dispute in the parking lot might turn out to be a great tip. I hope that she has talked with Law Enforcement and maybe been shown some pictures of Morgan with her hair pulled back.

When Nancy grace covered Morgan's story the other night and talked about the cell phone battery being out of the phone I was worried that the phone may have been dropped and popped open and the battery fell out, a few of the scenario's that are being discussed seem to support a theory that the phone might have been dropped in a struggle of some sort. I haven't finished reading the whole thread to catch up and I was wondering why they called the searches off for Morgan? Did we hear anymore on that? Seems awfully early to stop searching especially if witnesses are coming forward with accounts of a possible struggle. SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO MORGAN, I believe that!

Does seem early-meanwhile there are volunteers out there doing their own search
Someone said that she was seen repeatedly dropping her purse in the car park (FB) and as such maybe it's not surprising the phone was found without the battery. Maybe also when the person found the purse the phone was spilled out in pieces from being dropped..just ideas

Useful info about where the jacket was found "The purse was at the parking lot, the jacket (to be confirmed by law enforcement) was at the railroad tracks about two blocks. Under Emmet Street (Rt. 29) the tracks are above the street, which on a cold wet day would be hard to climb up, but at the parking lot near Davenport fields and lots, it's just a walk on the tracks. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...458,-78.507121&spn=0.007266,0.018926&t=h&z=16 "

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...ic=10389&post=39701&uid=162224546575post39701

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500