Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line...we're all speculating. The FBI tested everything they found. We don't even know if this is evidence. To me it's just another mind-boggling coincidence. We'll just have to wait and see if it's even part of the case. I'm obviously not good at waiting...but what choice do I have!!

So if the defense attempts to use this explanation for the found syringe/bottle (re: It was George's, hair loss remedy, "boost me up" treatment)....

What is the explanation for why:

1. This syringe bottle was found near Caylee's remains

2. The internet search for "chloroform" (and neckbreaking, etc)

3. KC comments to Tracey about chloroform

Are all three of the above just coincidences completely unrelated then? Or do they have separate explanations all of their own??

If there is indeed a connection from the syringe to George, I don't think the defense would want to bring that up!

I think it would be the prosecution that would draw that line.

Sure can't put my finger on it yet, but I am having a very vague memory of reading something a while back in this case about steroid use?????? (or I am confusing with another case of these forums?)

It will probably hit me about 3 am tonight, but I sure seem to recall something.....:waitasec:
Strange you would mention that..but I thought the same thing but for the life of me cannot remember when/where/who..

My theory is if she did steal the syringe for JG's when she took a shower..she was plotting to frame him. She went back to the dump site and left it with the chloroform/gatorade bottle hoping they would find his dna in the syringe..and fingerprints.
Oh I wouldn't put it past her to try something like that, but it still doesn't explain the Internet searches or chloroform in the car trunk. I just pray this is one more thing that sinks her. MOO

Bottom line...we're all speculating. The FBI tested everything they found. We don't even know if this is evidence. To me it's just another mind-boggling coincidence. We'll just have to wait and see if it's even part of the case. I'm obviously not good at waiting...but what choice do I have!!
By itself, it really doesn't prove anything unless Casey's fingerprints are on the bottle or syringe, especially since it can't be proven what caused Caylee's death, but as they say, it's the "totality of the evidence". :behindbar MOO

And I always put mine in a syringe when I clean the house... huh?
Sorry but I buy my cleaning products off the store shelf and use them from the bottles they came in!! ;)

You know the old saying about opinions being like belly buttons 'cause everyone has one? I like to think that in this forum, we are not covering our belly buttons with a lawyer's attache, we are baring all in the WS belly dance!

:dance:
Ya know...that's what I love about WS. We're here throwing things out...taking things in...trying to work our way through what we read...trying to wrap our brains around what it all means. Not many are fixed in their "theories"...and very few judge. Personally, I value all opinions that are respectfully expressed.
I like the "belly dance" reference.

Bumping this for good explanation (wish I understood!)...

Hey RR,

I think what this poster is saying is that the ethanol, chloroform & methanol were actually substances used as part of the extraction/testing methods for testosterone. Chloroform is used in many types of testing as a 'catalyst' for lack of a better term. For example, IIRC in early research I did way, way back yonder, chloroform is used in some drug testing kits and will turn either THC (pot) or cocaine solution purple when combined with other chemicals in the testing solution.

There are a lot of docs about this stuff on an old client's site (company makes forensic, environmental test standards -> like the little tubes full of solutions you see them squirt stuff into on CSI for testing in 'the mass spectrometer' ) :)

Having said that, while I think this *might* be a viable possibility, I personally think that it might not be the correct answer in this case. The testing calibration standard (called an MSDA,) in most cases would only have a .02 % - I have to go double-check the chart, but if it is a lot higher, then it was present as chloroform itself - not just part of the testing/extraction solution.

I won't post it here (let the defense find this stuff on their own... I'm chintzy like that), but there is online access to all sorts of very clear testing standard in available on this client's site for anyone who wants to study up. Y'all know how to reach me if you want the link.

I guess Zanny is tied to the crime now since Casey had told people Caylee and Zanny were out at Disney and the parks. (Disney Bag)

Strange you would mention that..but I thought the same thing but for the life of me cannot remember when/where/who..

Was hoping someone else may remember too.....I will be sure to let you know after I bolt upright out of a sound sleep in the middle of the night tonight!!

Hey RR,

I think what this poster is saying is that the ethanol, chloroform & methanol were actually substances used as part of the extraction/testing methods for testosterone. Chloroform is used in many types of testing as a 'catalyst' for lack of a better term. For example, IIRC in early research I did way, way back yonder, chloroform is used in some drug testing kits and will turn either THC (pot) or cocaine solution purple when combined with other chemicals in the testing solution.

There are a lot of docs about this stuff on an old client's site (company makes forensic, environmental test standards -> like the little tubes full of solutions you see them squirt stuff into on CSI for testing in 'the mass spectrometer' ) :)

Having said that, while I think this *might* be a viable possibility, I personally think that it might not be the correct answer in this case.
...I actually read that it can be used with "poppies".
I recently had a conversation with a co-worker about whether or not we learn something new everyday. After being on here for hours, I can honestly say with 100% certainty ***ABSOLUTELY!!***

Hey RR,

Having said that, while I think this *might* be a viable possibility, I personally think that it might not be the correct answer in this case.

Yes and I think if you go back a few pages you will see in an earlier post she was looking at the fbi documents. Dogmom2joe&willie. I think she is a chemist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea