NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder why there isn't any focus on the rapist murderer? They have the mother in jail. I want to make sure EVERYONE involved is in jail unless it was McNeill then I want someone to go beat in his...

Please do not limit this talk to strangers. ...(snipped)...It's usually not the strangers ya have to worry about. It's usually someone you trust. It's uncles, cousins, neighbors, teachers, coaches, trusted family friends etc....

Thank you Linda. My sons are ages 4, 3 and 3. Can you, or anyone else recommend some reading for me on how to explain at this age? I want to handle this the right way.

...(snipped)...
Also I think everyone should teach children the proper names for their body parts. God forbid if anything ever happens your children can describe exactly what happened.

Most of all...keep it simple...don't be too scary....be empowering! Tell them who they can tell ASAP if anything every happens and have them practice YELLING "NO" and run away from anyone trying to touch them.

The BEST resource:

Protecting the Gift (by Gavin De Becker)

Some highlights:
- most kids abducted/harmed by someone they know or the family knows
- do not say GO TO A POLICEMAN (the kid will become prey to someone in the time it will take a child to find a policeman; a security guard is a policeman to a child, and some of those folks are not who you want you child to go to)
- tell your child to FIND A WOMAN, preferably one with children with her, but ANY WOMAN (women are much less likely to be a perp and much more likely to follow through with making sure the child gets home)
- do not squelch your child's natural instinct to fight back/kick/scream when getting hurt (this includes with siblings/friends - that instinct could save their life one day)
- have a code word if you ever need someone to pick up your child somewhere (have the child ask the person for a code word if they say 'your mom sent me')
- RUN LIKE HELL if anyone stops on the streets, no matter how cute the picture of their lost little puppy is
- tell them to scream, cause a ruckus, catch attention (a perp does not want attention drawn to themselves; they want a quiet compliant victim who will easily walk away with them)
- do NOT tell them "don't talk to strangers" b/c if they are in a bad situation it will probably a stranger who will have to save them (their ability to talk to a stranger may save their life)
- bottom line? follow your gut instinct. Always - parents and childrens alike. If that friend's father gives you the heeby jeebies, don't let your kid spent the night. Period. It's okay to sound crazy, but not okay if your kid is harmed b/c you were too embarassed. Protect your God-given, natural gift of FEAR.

For even younger children? The video Stranger Dangerhttp://www.mypreciouskid.com/stranger-danger.htmlhttp://www.mypreciouskid.com/stranger-danger.html. I have it but have not shown it to my children yet. However, I hear it's better than most of the videos out there. And it's a least a good way to start without making a small child paranoid.

Sorry for the long post but hope this helps. I read the Gift Of Fear and it changed me profoundly. I've made alot of choices since then that I might otherwise have been afraid to make (i.e., not letting my 6-yr-old ride his bike out of my sight in our urban neighborhood just b/c his friend can, etc.).

Dad said before he knew she WAS on drugs but he believed she had gotten her life together and stopped using drugs, got a job, had a place to live....

I don't think he knew she was STILL ON DRUGS. IMO

Rest in peace sweet little girl....Shaniya, you have touched the hearts of many.
keep smiling girlie.

Lord, look after Shaniya and all the little ones taken too soon...Amen

I guess the only reason I can see not to keep on talking about the things the dad did "wrong" is respect for this child and her family. JMO

Point taken...but I also frankly see NO reason to sugar coat
saying that he "had to work out of town" is really sugar coating, since he regularly worked out of town and his sister watched Shaniya

also only NOW do we hear that Antoinette supposedly "insisted"

The "respect" should have been given to this child when she was alive...by not taking her into a lion's den

She could have insisted all she wanted....he had custody presumably and could have told her to take him to court

they could have had some supervised visits...could have checked out the horrible place the breeder lived...the felons she lived with

instead it seems like she was just dropped off there..."have fun"

why sugar coat it??? My respect goes to this poor little princess torn from her happy life

OK< Is there anyone in here that followed Somers case early on?
If so you will remember all the stern warnings we got from the mods that bashing the mother was off limits.
Why does this rule not apply to this family as well???

The sister (BD) needs some charges of her own.
There is no way that she could not know. NO WAY. Lock her up too.
The only way that everyone will tell everything they know is if they all need to gain something, like their freedom.

Just wanted to say how painful it is to know Shaniya wasn't found alive.

I'm losing faith in mankind as a whole. I try to be positive but more and more I don't see any hope for us.

Animals behave better than some "human" beings do.

I hope the police department and the district attorney are able to give little Shaniya justice. She deserves it!!!!......

indycoolchick, Sick, sick, sick monsters.

How can a mother even think about selling her child as a sex slave?

This is no doubt the sickest, coldest thing I've ever read.

We need changes in out laws now....to stop this epidemic.

Dad said before he knew she WAS on drugs but he believed she had gotten her life together and stopped using drugs, got a job, had a place to live....

Oh, ok ~ but she obviously was still hanging out with known dealers such as McNeill. So I really have to wonder if she's still using or not. MOO

this father has not commited a crime!!! They just found his baby's body less than 7 hours ago.
Can't we sleuth him at a later time?????
I have thoughts too, but they will remain just thoughts OUT OF RESPECT until at least this baby is buried. IMO

Why does NG keep saying raped and sodomized? As if it's a known fact? I can see assuming rape, but she is really is overdoing it a bit, IMO.

Oh, ok ~ but she obviously was still hanging out with known dealers such as McNeill. So I really have to wonder if she's still using or not. MOO

Do you have a link that says dad KNEW she was hanging out with McNeill???

And NO one said that he knew she was still on drugs

however...take one look at that mess of a trailer...the men living there..
the sister...all of these people in a single wide trailer with a backed up sewer...in the worst drug infected part of town

Anyone can call you and tell you anything on a phone..."My life is together...I am going back to school...working...teaching sunday school"

You don't drop off your kids there on the basis of a phone call do you??

Even our flawed court system sends out a social worker to check out the living conditions

How many people would just send their precious kid to their "blast from the past"...a one night stand...with a record, who has used drugs in the past...just on the basis of their own say so??

Let's get real here

Just wanted to say how painful it is to know Shaniya wasn't found alive.

I'm losing faith in mankind as a whole. I try to be positive but more and more I don't see any hope for us. Animals behave better than some "human" beings do.

I hope the police department and the district attorney are able to give little Shaniya justice. She deserves it!!!!

I could not agree with you more on this...at the rate these kids are disappearing, abused and murdered, our future is in great jeopardy. The people who did this to children have no fear of the consequences and why should they? They will end up getting three meals a day, not having to pay rent, and free education. What is it going to take to make this stop?????

OK< Is there anyone in here that followed Somers case early on?
If so you will remember all the stern warnings we got from the mods that bashing the mother was off limits.
Why does this rule not apply to this family as well???
This mother is in jail charged with human trafficking, etc. Her sister's alleged ex-boyfriend is in jail charged with kidnapping and has prior arrests for dealing drugs & assault. I'm not bashing Shaniya's dad; I just can't figure out why he couldn't see through "the lie" that Shaniya's mother obviously fed him about having her life together and wanting to care for Shaniya. MOO

I'm not saying your opinions of the father are wrong.
All I am saying is can we just wait UNTIL AT LEAST HIS CHILD IS BURIED to bash and blame him?
That's my question.

I agree in not knowing which is worse. Well, I guess I do have an opinion on which is worse and I feel that Shaniya received the better deal because the other choice would have been much worse for her. Those are not two good choices to pick from.

Shaniya, I think got the better deal, if those words can even be used since she got a raw deal all the way around (If I said what I was thinking I would be banned)

I will never forget the day my mother called me at work and said "They found Elizabeth Smart today." My response was the low to high pitched "Oh No!" When she then said "She is alive" my response was the low to lower pitched "On no..." Just thinking about it now in conjunction with today's news takes me right back to my desk at that moment...like it was minutes ago. I had to take my break.

Why does NG keep saying raped and sodomized? As if it's a known fact? I can see assuming rape, but she is really is overdoing it a bit, IMO.
I think she's assuming that from what was found on the blanket. MOO

I really don't think anyone else is involved. I still believe the point of no return happened at the trailer. I still think that is what the disturbance was at 3 a.m. I still believe that is where the trafficking and prostitution happened. And I still believe egg donor told MAM to take Shaniya and get rid of her. They have sewer problems at the trailer so he takes her to a hotel to clean her up and get rid of evidence as best he can. Then he murders her and conceals her body on the way back to Fayetteville. Meanwhile, the "mom" is responsible for concocting a kidnap story and dealing with the police. She throws Coe under the bus - which worked, I might add. Without the lucky chance of the hotel worker remembering seeing Shaniya with MAM, Coe would still likely be in jail telling them he don't know nuttin' about nuttin' and MAM would still be out gallivanting around, and Shaniya would still be alone in the woods.

There may have been other men involved in the "sexual servitude" and prostitution, but I think these two cretins are wholly responsible for the murder.

This sounds very plausible to me for sure!! Maybe Coe ISNT the father and MAM is??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB