NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
18th .... :waitasec:

9th? 31st? Are they splitting the difference now?

Some of the wrong, misinformed, inaccurate points in this thread right now are making me want to bang my head against the wall. Oh my. Is it that hard to keep up?

-----------

Oh, look what I found.

:banghead:

It seems strange that this guy would spend $70-80 to take her to a hotel unless he was meeting someone there...Have police said if the room was paid for by him or registered to someone else? It looks like the type of hotel that you can enter without going through the front desk if you have a room pass key to scan. Just wondering if someone let him in without the front desk knowing? This just doesn't seem to add up to me.

This question is irrelevant to Shaniyah's murder, but I'm curious. If the woman was his wife, why does his son (NG's guest at the moment) have his mother's maiden name?

I believe the grandparents took BL to court, got custody, and changed his last name to theirs.

His last name was originally Lockhart. He either legally changed or assumed his grandparents last name.

He has mother's maiden name.........she must of had him out of wedlock before Lockhart was in the picture.

WHAT??? Can this story get any worse??? Where did this information come from?

One patient who has had to wait is Clarence Coe, 24, a Fayetteville, N.C., construction worker who had to forgo his treatment on another AIDS drug combination for more than two months. He started getting treatment while in prison, where people receive free health care. But after his release, couldn't afford to continue it. He didn't have health insurance and the state wasn't taking new patients in its AIDS Drug Assistance Program, so it put him on a waiting list. Mr. Coe says he took multivitamin pills and cut down on fatty food while waiting for the antiretroviral medicines. "I can't afford to stress my immune system any more than I need to," he says.
http://www.aegis.com/news/wsj/2004/WJ040103.html

I don't know how much my three year old weighs. The scale is broken and he doesn't have a doctor's appointment til the New Year. I can give an estimate, but not near exact.

Just saying, the not knowing the weight doesn't bother me. The apparent calm with which she told the operator that she didn't know was what bugged me.

Did you happen to see the other McNeil booked the same day as MAM.
I tried to put them side by side but it is not working.
He was a parole violation too.

I will do a side by side including good old Dustrus so we can all take a look - 3 of them together.

Be a couple of minutes.

His last name was originally Lockhart. He either legally changed or assumed his grandparents last name.
I considered that. Just curious why he would do so. It doesn't matter.

I don't think the Aunt was duped. Dad and Aunt are telling two different stories. Dad says mom just wanted to be a mom, it's cool, I had no idea. Aunt says mom was a bad person, took Shaniya from them and made threats. They both say mom and Shaniya saw each other on weekends. Coe says he never saw the kid before 3 weeks ago. Which one is it?
as a contractor he is gone a lot.. much like my husband is with the army and he does not, (just my educated guess from being in the same type of gone alot husband situations) know exactly what goes on every second in the home while he is gone. He most likely heard about it if it was bad.. but according to aunt shaniya got good marks every day at school..

The decision to let her go for longer... wow.. I bet they are all in their own private hells overs it. I bet neither of them saw this coming. moo.

Official LE Press Release:

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx?do=display&id=11172009105758

Released: 11/17/2009Who do I contact? Theresa Chance
Public Information Officer
(910) 433-1896
Fayetteville Police DepartmentStatus of Missing Child Case The Fayetteville Police Department will conduct a media briefing this afternoon, Tuesday, November 17th at 4:30 p.m., in front of the Police Department regarding the status of the Shaniya Davis case. During the briefing any new information will be discussed as well as a statement made by Captain Charles Kimble.
At this time the body found off of Walker Road yesterday afternoon has been taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Chapel Hill where an autopsy is being conducted to determine the cause of death as well as to obtain a positive identification.
Jurisdiction in criminal cases is governed by where the criminal conduct occurred. Right now, this is an ongoing investigation and as such we are still determining the details surrounding the death of the child. So the final decision as to jurisdiction will not be made until those details are obtained.
The investigation at this point indicates that Shaniya Davis was alive at the time she left the Sanford Hotel.
Additional charges are forthcoming today and will be released to the media as soon as they are filed.
There will be no further released until such time that new information becomes available.
-End-

Did you happen to see the other McNeil booked the same day as MAM.
I tried to put them side by side but it is not working.
He was a parole violation too.
Nope, did not see that one, just the one that was arrested today. Do have the info on that one, and how old was he?
I found this Sam McNeill interesting because of the BOLO for an older man driving the blue Toyota that might be related and ALSO the fact that LE postponed the presser today because of new developments and pending charges. With this arrest of SM today I just had the heebeejeebs and thought it might be related.

can anyone take a stab at why the presser was delayed until tomorrow because of new information in the investigation???

doesn't "new information" usually get a presser?

Or is it perhaps information/evidence gleaned from autopsy?

New information could be a third or fourth party to be charged; could be some initial autopsy findings such as rape; could be they want to give the dad and family time to deal with the new information before it's release, etc. MOO.

How do you not know your child isn't attending school?
Sorry, there goes the hink again.

Because he was out of town for work. It looks like dad had primary custody but when he traveled for work, his sister cared for Shaniya and once and a while, the mother would have her for a weekend or something. What I gather from conflicting reports is that this time, she was supposed to stay with the mother for a couple of days but then refused to send her back,. The aunt had no legal recourse and the dad could not do much while out of town. I bet he planned to take action when he returned. He had no clue what was happening.
It seems to me that Shaniya's daddy would allow visiation when the mother seemed stable. She lied to him and said she had her own place, was working and stable so he allowed the visit. Then this. He may not have been too worried when he heard she refused to send Shaniya back when promised, at least about Shaniya's well-being, because he believed the mother to be stable at the time. He likely assumed she had the child in school. It is very likely he talked with the mother while he was traveling and she played it off. She probably lied and said all was okay but that she wanted to keep Shaniya for awhile longer. He may have agreed, at least until he came back from traveling.
I think Shaniya's daddy is a very good man. It seems he does the best he can for his kids and loves them very much. He is a much better Christian than I. of course, he's probably in such shock that he's just holding on to as much of Christ's teachings as he can right now, just to survive to the next hour. The anger may boil out of him to a longer degree once the shock wears off. people all process things differently but it is clear that this poor man is destroyed.

Someone who lives in that area made a post (many threads ago) that stated that the name "McNeil" is very very common there

they said they had ? 700 Smiths in their community college ? and about 500 McNeils or something like that
so there may be a LOT of McNeils...in that area of the country it is a name like Jones or Smith it seems
so not necessarily related??

Here is what i think happened with custody. This is JMO.

Dad had custody, and Aunt Carey cared for her when Dad was out of town. Aunt Carey is listed on school docs as allowed to pick her up, and they can contact her if need be (my inlaws and mother are on the contact list for my children).
I believe AD seen her every now and then for weekend visit.
I think AD decided she wanted to see Shaniya. So Dad had Aunt Carey drop her off. She left her with 2 days of clothes. On the 2nd day AD contacted Dad and told him wanted to keep her longer. He felt bad for AD and thought it would be good for Shaniya to get to know her more and gave in. Aunt Carey did not agree with the arrangement, and contacted AD to get her back. AD told her you will never see her again. Aunt Carey probably told Dad what she said, but he probably wrote it off as jealousy on AD side.

My question is why go to a hotel on camera???

Because they thought they had it all worked out.
The room is not in his name (assumption).
No one expected the staff to remember her after the fact.
They placed on human value on Shaniya, they didn't expect anyone else to either. Blow in a missing kid call, oh yeah did I mention my seven year old knows how to open the door?, fill out some paperwork and the whole thing goes away. Best laid plans and all that.

He drove 40 miles to a fairly expensive room (if you live in a sewage leaking trailer) to clean up DNA deposited at 3am? Seems like a long drive for a short visit for the motive to be a hot bath.

I think there was a john at that hotel that already had the room and his money.

I've thought about that as well. The problem is, why would mom call 911 if this was an agreed upon client appointment? If MAM did the appointment on his own, why is AD and not MAM charged with trafficking?

If a john was waiting and mom knew and approved, she would not have called 911. If she didn't know and MAM did it on his own, she wouldn't have been charged with trafficking. The john theory falls apart right there.

I think something happened earlier that MAM and AD had to cover up. He did the dirty work and she called 911 with the cover story implicating someone else. Coe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph