NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6444454/

Police recovered 11 pieces of trace evidence, such as hair and fibers, from the car, as well as clothes, a belt, a straw, a cell phone and a portable GPS system, according to the search warrant.

:clap: Thank goodness! Bessie I can't tell you how delighted I am to have read that.

Hopefully we will have the COD soon. Especially the TOD.

songline: the reason I said that is there has been a lot of blame.
One post even referred to dad and aunt delivering her like a lamb to a slaughter house.

I find that harsh and it does put the blame on dad.
JMO of course

I think many, if not most, of us here consider ourselves as concerned about preventing crimes as we are about solving them.

We don't just want to learn from these tragedies who the criminals are, but what things to do and what things to avoid so they are less likely to happen again.

That's why we post books about what to teach your children about stranger danger and spotting abuse...

...and that's why some of us post about what parents need to do to keep their children safe.

KWIM?

And JMO, but I feel we have all the evidence we need to say that sending your child into that situation, in that way, is a practice parents need to see as an unacceptable risk.

True, but those criticizing dad are not basing their opinions on proven facts. These are statements coming from individuals who have an axe to grind with BL. Not to mention the body language experts on this panel who can prove how all of this is his fault because he cried the wrong way. My favorite is the ulterior motive he had when he came out to meet his son during NG and whispered in his ear to be quiet. Give me a break...and what situation was dad sending her in to? Could the cigarette burns really have been eczema? Cheyenne said AD did drugs, but she also said AD was the "sweetest" "kindest" lady. Maybe AD told dad, I have a job, I have a place to live...and I am OFF drugs. Maybe dad just assumed the best in her and that she was really turning her life around. Dad was already gone when Shaniya was dropped off....where is the Aunts responsibility in all this...she let her out of the car?

While I agree that Dad didn't go about this the right way...it was an honest mistake, one that will haunt him for the rest of his life. He is by no means as despicable as the two being held for this crime...lets focus on them...and quite throwing stones at the man for issues that are not based on fact.

I saw in an article way back there <----

That the same day search warrants were released. Does anyone know if the media has posted them yet? Sometimes they do. I would like to see the arrest affidavit but I'm not sure we will see them until charges are made and it moves forward towards prosecution. Meaning it's going to take a while for those I think

However, the same day search warrants are another animal so to speak. They might be able to release those.

I am wondering if little Shaniya cried and missed her dad and aunt and TY and everyone else in her world, making AD momster angrier and angrier!!!

BTW, TY just up and left.........why? Did she see abuse and got mad that Shaniya wasn't helped???

caller on NG, asking why school never called dad..........about baby missing school???

Any local news on the timing for a memorial or burial service? Yesterday or before didn't dad and the aunt say they were starting to work on the service? Why would they not be releasing the body or is it because they are waiting for tests to come bacK? That poor baby needs to be laid to rest and at least a proper burial.

I don't remember the link, but one station reported this afternoon the autopsy was underway, and the body at the morgue. wonder what the hold up is?

True, but those criticizing dad are not basing their opinions on proven facts. These are statements coming from individuals who have an axe to grind with BL. Not to mention the body language experts on this panel who can prove how all of this is his fault because he cried the wrong way. My favorite is the ulterior motive he had when he came out to meet his son during NG and whispered in his ear to be quiet. Give me a break...and what situation was dad sending her in to? Could the cigarette burns really have been eczema? Cheyenne said AD did drugs, but she also said AD was the "sweetest" "kindest" lady. Maybe AD told dad, I have a job, I have a place to live...and I am OFF drugs. Maybe dad just assumed the best in her and that she was really turning her life around. Dad was already gone when Shaniya was dropped off....where is the Aunts responsibility in all this...she let her out of the car?

While I agree that Dad didn't go about this the right way...it was an honest mistake, one that will haunt him for the rest of his life. He is by no means as despicable as the two being held for this crime...lets focus on them...and quite throwing stones at the man for issues that are not based on fact.

FWIW, I don't agree with most everything that you said, but you do have one point. Those that are blaming the father in the harsher ways need to look at the aunt, we know that she actually laid eyes on the trailer, whereas we don't know that the father did.
It's both of them or neither. MOO.

On the 911 call AD was talking about her hair being out what do you think that was all about, she seems to make a big deal about it (maybe it was me). Plus she seemed to want it to sound like SD just unlocked the door and walked why didn't she send shoes with her if she really wanted it to seem that way........just thinking out loud.

I agree. If the Aunt or father drove over to the trailer park and took Shaniya back, I am sure momster would not have run out and hired a lawyer to get her back. Especially if she was told that her past and current drug use would be disclosed to the court.

OK...so the Aunt dropped her off...dad was out of town...why aren't we casting stones at her? If it were my niece and I was asked to drop her off in a hell-o hole...I'd put my car in reverse and head home.

I am wondering if little Shaniya cried and missed her dad and aunt and TY and everyone else in her world, making AD momster angrier and angrier!!!

BTW, TY just up and left.........why? Did she see abuse and got mad that Shaniya wasn't helped???

caller on NG, asking why school never called dad..........about baby missing school???

I think it was the FIL who said that dad may have found a new girlfriend in Utah or something and that was the end of TY. I may have misunderstood that - but it kind of makes sense. And then he was gone for 5 weeks.

I saw in an article way back there <----

That the same day search warrants were released. Does anyone know if the media has posted them yet? Sometimes they do. I would like to see the arrest affidavit but I'm not sure we will see them until charges are made and it moves forward towards prosecution. Meaning it's going to take a while for those I think

However, the same day search warrants are another animal so to speak. They might be able to release those.

I think they may be here.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

I've done nothing over the past week but think of Shaniya's case. It has eaten into my family time, my work time, my weekend, my sanity. I've come up with so many different scenarios and my mind has pictured things that I never wish I had even heard of. I've sobbed a few times thinking of the horrific nature of this crime and the little girl on the receiving end of pure torture.

I'm headed off to bed and (hopefully) can stay away from WS long enough to get to bed at a decent hour for the first night in days. But, here's my one last scenario that I posted a few pages back, tweaked a little:

- MAM (or someone) carried Shaniya to his car wrapped in her blanket

- Shaniya has an accident due to loss of sphincter control from repeated rape/sodomy made worse by her fear of going with MAM (no, I'm not afraid to type it out now like I once was - I'm angry and ready to face this crap and fight against it)

- MAM gets pissed at Shaniya for the accident

- she runs from him and tries to get back into the trailer in hopes her poor excuse for a mother will save her

- she and MAM struggle, hence the feces now on the door handle and porch railings: Shaniya was trying to hold on and save herself from being taken back to the car; she had been in the car and knew where it was headed

- MAM then drugs Shaniya (or tortures/threatens her with cigarette burns) to get her into submission (this may have taken a short time or longer, delaying his departure for the hotel)

- once subdued he puts diaper on her, places her in the car, and disposes of blanket

- carries spare diaper into hotel for "after"

- this happened way before 5:30am (which I think was really 5:30pm just like AD said until the operator suggested otherwise and AD agreed)

- maybe, *if* there was a john waiting at the hotel, the deal was off b/c they were late due to the accident, or maybe it was the whole incontinence thing that turned off the buyer, or maybe the deal was completed

- somehow Shaniya dies: as a result of injuries sustained in the room compounded with previous injuries, or MAM got angry at her b/c of cancelled deal and his rage took over

This is all JMHO. And it's disturbing to write. Never in my life would I have thought I'd be writing out such a scene. Thank you all for "listening" and understanding the need - the obsession - to figure out what in the hell happened to this poor child.

System failed Shaniya on many levels..........NG
NG saying it doesn't take 3 days for autopsy.
LE doesn't want COD leaked out for investigation!

On the 911 call AD was talking about her hair being out what do you think that was all about, she seems to make a big deal about it (maybe it was me). Plus she seemed to want it to sound like SD just unlocked the door and walked why didn't she send shoes with her if she really wanted it to seem that way........just thinking out loud.
Obviously AD didn't think it through if she wanted LE to believe Shaniya just wandered out the door. I couldn't figure out what she was talking about regarding Shaniya's hair, except we've all seen how messy it was in the hotel video. :waitasec:

songline: the reason I said that is there has been a lot of blame.
One post even referred to dad and aunt delivering her like a lamb to a slaughter house.

I find that harsh and it does put the blame on dad.
JMO of course

Haven't you ever heard of the phrase "lamb to the slaughter"??

I have also said that poor Shaynia looked like that when that monster MAM carried her to /from the elevator

yes..> she was delivered into evil..and no one checked up on her or checked out things

I don't "blame" the dad in a legal sense...but I hold him accountable

and more parents/caregivers should be held accountable

people need to think..

we see far too many situations....a single mom who takes up with a monster and doesn't see the warning signs, blinded by love.....people who let some creep move into their place....college kids who leave doors open and predators just walk in...
now a case where a really nice young woman maybe got messed up and hitch hiked...who knows??

better safe than sorry

in the case of kids...who can't make the decisions...parents should be involved....I would think a parent would check out a place before their kid goes there on a sleepover...let alone letting them "move" there

The hair thing is really strange. Just added distraction maybe from the truth?

I don't remember the link, but one station reported this afternoon the autopsy was underway, and the body at the morgue. wonder what the hold up is?

autopsy was done in 2 hours........holding COD for investigation.

I don't know why the Mr. Lockhart, the father, merits such a wall of protection from legitimate scrutiny. Too many people keep trying to make excuses for him. The bottom line is this: the living situation and people directly involved (e.g., Antoinette Davis, her HIV-ridden boyfriend with a criminal record), were truly extreme that it did not present any challenge to any reasonable person in figuring out it was flat-out dangerous for a child. How could he *not* know? How many damn red flags do you need?! Hell, how could he *not* even know his child was no longer in school? They have cell phones these days and he could have easily been alerted. These are truly staggeringly simple questions. Honestly, the man should be charged with negligence (He won't be, of course). *His actions were truly egregious and reckless.* What he did was no different than than leaving his daughter with a random prostitute and drug user in a horribly bad neighborhood with equally bad, criminal associations. If some parent did that would you not charge them even if they honestly claimed they had "no idea" any serious harm would come to their child? Of course not. Imagine the uproar if the genders had been switched and a white woman had left her little girl to a black father with a troublesome background and living situation. I fear subtle, unconscience racism and, mostly, sexism has played a role in shielding Mr. Lockhart from full blame.

The fact that there were *two* homes open to Shaniya Davis and the father absolutely *insisted* on this little girl living with A. Davis is downright cruel on his part (Yes, those families should have called local child welfare services, but it doesn't cancel out his actions or his responsibility). Again, the red flags were too many and absurdly obvious. No one is that stupid. Something is up with him. Why was he so determined to have this child live like that? I don't buy for a second that he just planned on her visiting for a while. He had little Shaniya switch schools during the school year and couldn't even be bothered with the fact she was no longer enrolled in any school, which is against the law.

Obviously AD didn't think it through if she wanted LE to believe Shaniya just wandered out the door. I couldn't figure out what she was talking about regarding Shaniya's hair, except we've all seen how messy it was in the hotel video. :waitasec:

That's what the out was about...a lot of times white woman have their hair "up" or "Down". The black woman equivalent is having your hair "Out", as in out of braids.
I lived with a black family when I was in foster care. In 8 months in a house with three black women, you learn about hair out.

I don't know what she was thinking when she said that JulieR but even her half brother made a comment about the pictures we can see of Shaniya where it is completely obvious she is well groomed and cared for and then we see the picture of her with MAM going into the elevator with her hair out.

I can only speak from a personal perspective in that when I saw the picture of Shaniya being carried into the hotel one of my first thought was "OMG look at her hair, what have they done to that baby?" I and my Husband just looked at each other and hung our head.

When you have a child with hair that is extremely curly or what is considered ethnic it can take more time in the mornings to bring it into a beautiful hairdo if you don't do it the night before. Even if it is to pull it up into pigtails and braid it down. Or to even put a doo rag on it...etc. Unless it's a dire emergency you never put your baby down with her hair out. You just don't. If you do-you is nasty LOL.

Sorry for the ramble on that part.

As for her repeating over and over that Shaniya could unlock a door. The report about the same day search warrants state that MAM picked up Shaniya from out front of the house, not from inside the house. Which implicates the mother even further. She was basically CYAing. She got her alibi in there before she even reported Shaniya missing (think- I just woke up and... you will see that used quite a bit in false 911 calls).

ETA: I see the question was about the word "out" yes, not braided down or put up otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203