NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESSENCE.COM: When did you find out what happened to your sister?
COLEMAN: I found out the same day that it occurred. I was in Charlotte. I received a phone call from my dad and saw it all over the news. My father said that my little sister was missing but don't worry too much because she will be coming home pretty soon.

ummmmmmmm........WTF, Hello? Don't worry too much? Very odd statement.

http://www.essence.com/news/breaking_news/shaniya_davis.php?xid=061709-emailpitch-shaniya

Maybe he assumed at that point AD was hiding her...after the comment to the Aunt about never seeing her again.

ESSENCE.COM: When did you find out what happened to your sister?
COLEMAN: I found out the same day that it occurred. I was in Charlotte. I received a phone call from my dad and saw it all over the news. My father said that my little sister was missing but don't worry too much because she will be coming home pretty soon.

ummmmmmmm........WTF, Hello? Don't worry too much? Very odd statement.

http://www.essence.com/news/breaking_news/shaniya_davis.php?xid=061709-emailpitch-shaniya

I too found it odd - until I tried to imagine informing my family members such news and then I imagined what sort of things I MUST need to be telling myself and my children at a time such as that. Here is a taste of what may be a parent's inner dialogue

She must be alright. this will all makes sense eventually. She will be found and returned to us safely, this must be so, I refuse to think of any other possible outcome . . . ."

and so on.

amf1277, thank you for the photos and description of the hotel. I know the fire marshall requires more than one exit and you investigation has proven this. He could have been let in the side door and gone up un-noticed. LE must have the 60 year old guy on video. <<<<hoping>>>>>>>

Yupper, confused me the first time I heard it.
IMO he was saying this because of Coe's claim that Shaniya called him daddy and maybe they think she may have been drugged when she was with MAM, the video at the hotel does not seem to show her struggling. JMO

So as I said earlier, I drove over at lunch. I was actually shaking as I walked in, let alone on the elevator itself.

Facts:
- the parking lot is on the side/front of the hotel. there is no rear parking at all...in fact, there is a ditch just a few feet from the back of the hotel w/ the high school behind it.
- there are TWO SIDE entrances. Actually I guess they are exits as they can't be entered from the outside unless someone was to prop it open or physically open it from the inside.
- cameras cover the entire parking lot and both entrances as well as camera above the main entrance.
- cameras cover each elevator door
- hotel has 4 floors
- there is no "L" for lobby. It is simply "1" for the first floor/lobby
- the photos released are NOT from the first floor/lobby as there is no carpet near that elevator. It is all tiled. The carpet for this first floor starts further down the hall.
- If the main entrance was used, there is absolutely NO WAY to avoid walking directly in front of the front desk. If you're looking at the front entrance and used the side entrance to your left, you would still have to walk to the right of the front desk. if you entered through the right side entrance, you could go straight to the elevator and not be seen by the front desk.
- the hotel isn't huge. The hallways are not long. The layout is simply one straight line of rooms per floor.
- the area where the elevators are on the floor is off to the side of the main hallway --- like where you usually find the ice machine, etc.
- the location of the elevator is not quite in the middle of the hall
- there are stairwells in the hotel

I have included 4 photos --- one of the parking lot showing one of the side entrances. There are two cameras just above the line of site on the front corner to cover the parking lot. I don't know if you can see it but there is also a camera just above the door. The other is the first floor elevator illustrating there is no "L" for lobby. The next is a photo of the 3rd floor elevator as to me it appears to be a "3" in the photos that have been released. and last but not least, a photo of the carpet on the 3rd floor in the event anything thinks I'm bogus....
4117243869_4a15749ae2_o.jpg

4118005734_b3c712a0d2_o.jpg

4117238291_d16e4f91ff_o.jpg

4117241031_b92b1aebe2_o.jpg

Great work and thank you for doing this - it is heart wrenching thing to do - hugs to you.

Eleph

The biggest thing that struck me while I was there is w/ as many cameras as they have, they've got to have TONS of video w/ MAM, Shaniya and anyone else if there is a third party involved.

Also, if they left in the morning and it was already daylight, after being there, I find it hard to believe she was dead when she left the hotel and having to carry her out and all. I've seen so many different reiterations that I haven't seen anything definitive that says the footage released was when they were arriving or leaving. But since those photos were obviously not on the ground floor, my gut tells me it was on the way out.

SBI: Crime lab waiting on evidence in Shaniya Davis case

Published: 12:56 PM, Thu Nov 19, 2009

http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/19/953645

Cumberland County District Attorney Ed Grannis said Wednesday night that issues involving lab work were needed before a decision could be made as to whether the death investigation of the 5-year-old girl would be handled by Grannis or Lee County District Attorney Susan Doyle.

Has anybody got that clear AP photo of MAM and Shaniya at the elevator?

I am looking at one of the pics of MAM and Shaniya at the elevator....next to the one taken here of the third floor elevator.....the carpet is DIFFERENT ya'll. I mean it is the exact same carpet, BUT where the pattern stops and the floor begins is completely DIFFERENT. I agree it looks like a 3 in the survaillance pics but it can't be, according to the carpet pattern thing. Obviously it is not the first floor as we know now so I wonder if it could be a 2 and wonder what the carpet pattern looks like at the elevator on floor 2. And last but definitely not least THANK YOU AMF so much for spending your lunch hour sleuthing and sharing this with all of us!!!

You guys I dont think it is the 3rd floor. look at the carpet design right next to the fall they are not the same. same carpet just different part of the pattern. JMO

Can anybody do a side by side?

There are a few comments here about the HIV boyfriend. I believe it's perfectly appropriate to talk about his man for his drug use /addiction and other issues. But living with AIDS or allowing a child to live with someone with AIDS is not by it self on par with living with a drug addict. Someone even used the term HIV ridden. Well, I am "HIV ridden". I have also raised 3 kids, one who is off to college next year to become a teacher, and another one who is joining the Marines just like I did. I have also helped to raise 3 other children that my husband and I took in over the years. WE spent 11 years helping to raise a child whose mother abandoned her at the age of 2. She is now a happy healthy 15 YO honors student.
People living with HIV are just like anyone else. Some are good, some are bad. This man obviously is very very bad, but that has little to do with his HIV status.

Jenny, with all due respect, I disagree with you. Please bear with me for just a sec. You seem like an incredible role model. I've read your blog almost as soon as you made your first post. I applaud you and agree with you on so many levels. The thing is, though, that his situation with HIV is different from yours. First, he's a felon. Second, he's a male that happens to be HIV+ and impregnated a woman. As a woman that went to college to work in infectious disease, I do know that statistically speaking it's easier for a man to give it to a woman than the converse. If Antoinette was HIV+ and had gotten pregnant by somebody that wasn't, she'd have a good chance of having a healthy non HIV infected baby...but they could still carry the trait which could remain dormant for that child's entire life. I said could, not would, as it doesn't happen all the time. Now, in Coe's situation, he's a male. He has an incredibly high chance of passing on not only the HIV virus to Antoinette (if she doesn't have it already), but also to his unborn child. Statistics back me up, as well as biology involving germ cells, viruses and disease pathology. The proof is in the cultures. The WHO knows more than the CDC and holds much info regarding this issue. For the reason I just stated I think it's deplorable & downright negligent that he made a baby with her, I'd even go so far in saying that I personally think if the child is born with HIV that they could be charged with negligence or child abuse. I know there may be many naysayers that might not agree with my opinion, but that's where I stand. Having said all of this, I've worked with many an AIDS patient...sharing numerous hugs & kisses. I've had a friend since childhood become HIV infected & have a child with the virus also. It doesn't even show up in her son anymore & he's now 19! She wasn't so lucky, though. Again, it's a ton easier for a child to be born with HIV, or even full blown AIDS, if the father is the one that carries the virus. Education, which you know, holds the key. The people that are frightened of the silly machinations involving HIV and become prejudice are simply not educated in that field. I feel sorry for them b/c they could be missing out on learning from some of the best minds in the world. I'm sorry for what you endured along these lines in the service, but my response is dead on with why I feel Clarence & Antoinette are disgusting individuals.

I mean no disrespect & send tons of love your way. From my perspective, and from my lengthy education involving it's pathology, I personally feel it's borderline child abuse if that baby is born with AIDS. This is in no way a reflection on you or anyone else living with this disease. This is only referencing Clarence & Antoinette's irresponsibility that could ultimately hurt their unborn child. That's such a sad situation. Children are innocent.

Hugs & kisses to you.

Jersey

I do not live in what is perceived to be a good area. As a result I need to be ever vigilant with my children. I live in a financially poor household in a neighborhood that is known for having a crack house on every other corner. If I had my druthers I would live in a better home/neighborhood. I have even several years ago been in a situation where I had no gas service (could not afford to pay the bill and it was disconnected). I used electric space heaters for warmth, a crockpot, a microwave and a one burner hot plate for cooking. Was I a bad parent? No. I was a dirt poor parent. My children were housed in a clean home (not counting toy clutter). They were fed nutritious hot food, they were clean and presentable. Is it harder for parents in that position to be "good" parents? you betcha. Is it impossible? No way.

Even "bad" neighborhoods don't mean bad people or parents. I have cultivated my neighborhood. The other mothers on the block who wan't the best for their children and I work together to be the village and support team to help one another. Is our neighborhood as safe as it could be? Nope. Are my children safe? Yep, that is my full time job, making sure of it.

Well said, I applaud you and your efforts!

okay, completely off topic but has anyone else noticed some housekeeping, redocorating to the WS page?? I went to click on something and was routed to a new thing I had never seen before, lol. For a minute I thought I lost my everlovin mind.

Published: 06:50 AM, Thu Nov 19, 2009
Police: Mom may have used girl to pay debt

Detectives are looking into allegations that Antoinette Davis used her 5-year-old daughter, Shaniya, to pay off a debt.

"That's an avenue of the investigation we're looking at," Fayetteville Police Chief Tom Bergamine said Wednesday.

He did not elaborate

snip

Investigators have declined to say what prompted the trafficking charge, an offense that has rarely been filed in Cumberland County.

"It's a highly unusual charge," Sgt. John Somerindyke said.

But it goes hand-in-hand with the child abuse involving prostitution offense, he said.

The state's human trafficking law says anyone who "knowingly recruits, entices, harbors, transports, provides, or obtains by any means another person with the intent that the other person be held in involuntary servitude or sexual servitude" can be charged with that offense.

Davis' arrest warrant alleged she allowed McNeill to take the girl "with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude."

http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/18/953211

The biggest thing that struck me while I was there is w/ as many cameras as they have, they've got to have TONS of video w/ MAM, Shaniya and anyone else if there is a third party involved.

Also, if they left in the morning and it was already daylight, after beins og there, I find it hard to believe she was dead when she left the hotel and having to carry her out and all. I've seen so many different reiterations that I haven't seen anything definitive that says the footage released was when they were arriving or leaving. But since those photos were obviously not on the ground floor, my gut tells me it was on the way out.

Great job!

I was thinking the same thing. They have to have dozens of pictures, so why only publish 3 still shots?:waitasec:

I swear it looks like her right eye is swollen/blacked in the photo. JMHO.

So as I said earlier, I drove over at lunch. I was actually shaking as I walked in, let alone on the elevator itself.

Facts:
- the parking lot is on the side/front of the hotel. there is no rear parking at all...in fact, there is a ditch just a few feet from the back of the hotel w/ the high school behind it.
- there are TWO SIDE entrances. Actually I guess they are exits as they can't be entered from the outside unless someone was to prop it open or physically open it from the inside.
- cameras cover the entire parking lot and both entrances as well as camera above the main entrance.
- cameras cover each elevator door
- hotel has 4 floors
- there is no "L" for lobby. It is simply "1" for the first floor/lobby
- the photos released are NOT from the first floor/lobby as there is no carpet near that elevator. It is all tiled. The carpet for this first floor starts further down the hall.
- If the main entrance was used, there is absolutely NO WAY to avoid walking directly in front of the front desk. If you're looking at the front entrance and used the side entrance to your left, you would still have to walk to the right of the front desk. if you entered through the right side entrance, you could go straight to the elevator and not be seen by the front desk.
- the hotel isn't huge. The hallways are not long. The layout is simply one straight line of rooms per floor.
- the area where the elevators are on the floor is off to the side of the main hallway --- like where you usually find the ice machine, etc.
- the location of the elevator is not quite in the middle of the hall
- there are stairwells in the hotel

I have included 4 photos --- one of the parking lot showing one of the side entrances. There are two cameras just above the line of site on the front corner to cover the parking lot. I don't know if you can see it but there is also a camera just above the door. The other is the first floor elevator illustrating there is no "L" for lobby. The next is a photo of the 3rd floor elevator as to me it appears to be a "3" in the photos that have been released. and last but not least, a photo of the carpet on the 3rd floor in the event anything thinks I'm bogus....

Also, if they left in the morning and it was already daylight, after being there, I find it hard to believe she was dead when she left the hotel and having to carry her out and all. I've seen so many different reiterations that I haven't seen anything definitive that says the footage released was when they were arriving or leaving. But since those photos were obviously not on the ground floor, my gut tells me it was on the way out.[/quote]

[COLOR="SeaGreen"](photos snipped for space, bbm) This does seem to imply photos LE released were, as we suspected, shots from them [I]exiting[/I]. Altho not confirmed, being more sure of this sends chills down my spine now, it grieves me that much more because that means...

Shaniya was likely abused before judging from her resigned, accepting look, no indication of struggle. This may also be, as some speculated the reason she's being carried, because she's in so much pain. And of course would indicate this is the "condition" which LE was unsure about--and she appears very much alive.

Heartwrenching to know this. But THANK YOU again amf for doing this difficult task.

[/COLOR]

:parrot:

Published: 06:49 AM, Thu Nov 19, 2009
Man charged in Shaniya Davis money scam

Fayetteville police have charged a Parkton man with falsely taking money as donations in the name of Shaniya Davis.

Donald Roddy Jr., 36, of the 7300 block of Hypony Trail, was arrested this afternoon and charged with obtaining property by false pretense

http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/18/953325

URGENT !!

www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm

Marc Klaas and KlaasKids desperately needs help NOW from each and every Websleuther to support Trucker TV through America. This could be the single most important thing any of us can ever do for missing children.

Please take 3 minutes to read the above link, click the REPLY button, express your support or voice your concerns, click SEND.

Then forward the above link to your email contacts, everyone, everywhere, so they can do the same.

www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm

Hi Dr.

I had enlarged and cleaned up the picture of the elevator as best I could in my digital image software and posted it here although I'm not sure which page...lemme go see if I can find it.

From my eyes, I saw the two buttons on the panel in front of the elevator and it was the bottom button that was lit.
On the side jamb of the elevator doors the number, at least to me, looked like a 3.
~~~~~~~~
Here it is, I hope.
Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #13 - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
9e3760a6.jpg

Bumping up

Is there only one bank of elevators?

Are we 100% sure we have the right hotel for all this time?
Seems that no matter what you do, there is no way that this can be the hotel. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420