VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
how'd you like to be his girlfriend? I hope she's very understanding.... :)

Haha, she's actually getting a PhD and hopes to work in forensic sciences, so she's as interested in this case as I am.

dangrs can you tell me something about the history of "occult" believes,I would imagine they are within the same belief system as christianity and also based on pagan beliefs?
....or is there a type of occult that developed seperate?

I would suggest that occult beliefs came first and then all the other religons followed. Keep in mind that occult means hidden and a student of the occult is one who studies that which is hidden, unknown and which exists beyond the 5 known human senses. So when the earliest *advertiser censored* sapiens began to attribute some sort of hidden and unseen power to fire, water, trees, wind, rain, the sun and moon and stars etc, this would have been the beginning of occult science.

Thanks, peace_gurl. I'd love to talk with Dr. Jordan actually. I'm interested in Room 333 and the "red line" in particular. Know anything about that?
Yes, I have heard the tails about a sudent killing himself in that room.
My oldest is a grad student there and my youngest is a junior, they informed me today that the tunnels do exist. They are closed now. My oldest tells me they were used when it was a female only college. It was used so the girls fwould not get wet when it rained. This was totally news to me. Most of the kids have no idea where they are located. My youngest dates one of the drs. sons and she confirmed where the tunnels were located.
Oh Joan has been removed from the outside location. It was a metal Joan riding a horse. Someone broke her sword and the cost to repair her is beginning to add up. Longwoood will not spend the money to fix her and will not be replacing her. There is another one in one of the buildings. The girls rub her for luck!
Email Dr. Jordan at Longwood University, he is a very interesting guy. I am sure he would talk with you.

Been gone all day because I had to go in to work today, but I did swing by the hardware store and bought a maul. I'm sure I looked pretty odd buying it in a suit. Anyway, my girlfriend and I are going to do a few experiments with it and I'll post everything notable.

Do you think you could post some video? Keep your identities hidden of course. A robe and a hood for each of you ought to do that nicely.

Tlhe red line is suppose to be a blood mark.

I guess the hardware stores in the area don't sell stain killer primer. A single coat of white shellac would take care of that for good. But clearly we're not dealing with earthly forces, eh?

Do you think you could post some video? Keep your identities hidden of course. A robe and a hood for each of you ought to do that nicely.

Yeah, we're planning an experiment that we'll video tape and keep our faces hidden, stay tuned.

Because of all of the offensive images from the Horrorcore folks. It saddens me.

Nessa - no matter what our religious beliefs, I'm know all this stuff offends and disturbs us all. Thanks for saying what we all are feeling

:grouphug:

...I do think however if there was an illustrated version of the christian bible especially the old testament it would even make the horrorcore images look like sesame street stuff....

I would suggest that occult beliefs came first and then all the other religons followed. Keep in mind that occult means hidden and a student of the occult is one who studies that which is hidden, unknown and which exists beyond the 5 known human senses. So when the earliest *advertiser censored* sapiens began to attribute some sort of hidden and unseen power to fire, water, trees, wind, rain, the sun and moon and stars etc, this would have been the beginning of occult science.

...so what about satanic beliefs?...I'm sure people believed in that stuff before Levay came around?....was that based on christianity?...I'm wondering where there christians that knew about the story of Lucifer being the fallen angel and decided to follow him ?

...I do think however if there was an illustrated version of the christian bible especially the old testament it would even make the horrorcore images look like sesame street stuff....

Here's an article on R. Crumb's version of Genesis which was released last month. He's an old time underground comic artist for those of you who are unfamiliar with the name.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/55135...ed-over-robert-crumb-comic-book-bible-genesis

The New York Times has an article with excerpts, but you need to be registered to see it I think. I am and it's free. Google will get you to it pretty easily.

Basil Wolverton started a little earlier than Crumb and was also a pretty well known comic artist. He was also a Christian and illustrated the Old Testament and the Book of Revelations. Amazon.com: The Wolverton Bible (9781560979647): Basil Wolverton: Books
His Revelations pics are pretty easy to find via Google too.

I'd sure like to see Charles Burns take the subject on.

In a more traditional vein, Judith with the head of Holofernes was a pretty popular Renaissance subject. Caravaggio and Artemisia Gentileschi painted her in the act of removing it. The place they really went crazy back then was in their depictions of the ecstatic suffering of martyrs or of people being "questioned" by the church during the inquisition. The Spanish especially the Catalans were probably the most extreme with that. If you can speak, or actually if you can write in Spanish, French, or Italian, you could easily find a lot of that through Google image searches or book searches. There's a lot more available if you can access academic journals through a university link.

Theodore Gericault isn't known for Biblical themes, but for years he did make preliminary studies for his Raft of the Medusa for which he kept various human heads and other parts around his studio. He was a really extraordinary artist and insisted on accuracy in his figures. Of course Michelangelo and Leonardo did the same.

Claudicci, since you do know German, you might look into Ernst Fuch's work. His imagery is rarely gruesome, but it is a very mystical take on those themes. He has also done a Judith if I recall correctly.

Good stuff, blou!

I just want to add that if you Google "Foxe's Book of Martyrs illustrations," you can see some... uh... stuff. In an understated way, if that's possible given the subject matter, it shows just about every way you could martyr a person, so to speak.

I love Foxe's Book of Martyrs for its very matter-of-fact and even bland presentation of some of the most horrific things one can imagine. It takes a moment for the simple one-color drawings to sink in but it is very effective.

A word of caution: Avoid St. Peter's martyrdom. (Don't want! Don't want!)

Well, Tapu, I'll warn you not to look at this since I suspect it will have the same effect your warning had on me. I just had to see what was done to St. Peter.

Traité des instruments de martyre et des divers modes de supplice employés par les paiens contre les chrétiens; tortures et tourments des martyrs chrétiens. Tr. sur les originaux italien et latin (1904)
http://www.archive.org/details/torturesettourments00galluoft

roughly in translation- Treatise on the instruments of martyrdom and their diverse uses employed by the pagans against the Christians; tortures and torments of the Christian martyrs. Don't worry, you really won't need to be able to read or speak any language at all to get the gist of it.

WARNING: It is a book of engravings, and far less shocking than photos would be, but it may not be for everybody.

Here's an article on R. Crumb's version of Genesis which was released last month. He's an old time underground comic artist for those of you who are unfamiliar with the name.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/55135...ed-over-robert-crumb-comic-book-bible-genesis

The New York Times has an article with excerpts, but you need to be registered to see it I think. I am and it's free. Google will get you to it pretty easily.

Basil Wolverton started a little earlier than Crumb and was also a pretty well known comic artist. He was also a Christian and illustrated the Old Testament and the Book of Revelations. Amazon.com: The Wolverton Bible (9781560979647): Basil Wolverton: Books
His Revelations pics are pretty easy to find via Google too.

I'd sure like to see Charles Burns take the subject on.

In a more traditional vein, Judith with the head of Holofernes was a pretty popular Renaissance subject. Caravaggio and Artemisia Gentileschi painted her in the act of removing it. The place they really went crazy back then was in their depictions of the ecstatic suffering of martyrs or of people being "questioned" by the church during the inquisition. The Spanish especially the Catalans were probably the most extreme with that. If you can speak, or actually if you can write in Spanish, French, or Italian, you could easily find a lot of that through Google image searches or book searches. There's a lot more available if you can access academic journals through a university link.

Theodore Gericault isn't known for Biblical themes, but for years he did make preliminary studies for his Raft of the Medusa for which he kept various human heads and other parts around his studio. He was a really extraordinary artist and insisted on accuracy in his figures. Of course Michelangelo and Leonardo did the same.

Claudicci, since you do know German, you might look into Ernst Fuch's work. His imagery is rarely gruesome, but it is a very mystical take on those themes. He has also done a Judith if I recall correctly.

I was actually thinking a bit about the Artemisia paintings when I wrote that but I could not remember her name ! Thanks for reminding me,she's amazing..oh and I do remember a Ernst Fuchs painting of Adam and Eve that's awesome,I'm going to image google these guys....brb!

Good stuff, blou!

I just want to add that if you Google "Foxe's Book of Martyrs illustrations," you can see some... uh... stuff. In an understated way, if that's possible given the subject matter, it shows just about every way you could martyr a person, so to speak.

I love Foxe's Book of Martyrs for its very matter-of-fact and even bland presentation of some of the most horrific things one can imagine. It takes a moment for the simple one-color drawings to sink in but it is very effective.

A word of caution: Avoid St. Peter's martyrdom. (Don't want! Don't want!)

...now these I've never seen! wow...how about St.Andrew,he's on the x cross,the chi sign....

Well, Tapu, I'll warn you not to look at this since I suspect it will have the same effect your warning had on me. I just had to see what was done to St. Peter.

Traité des instruments de martyre et des divers modes de supplice employés par les paiens contre les chrétiens; tortures et tourments des martyrs chrétiens. Tr. sur les originaux italien et latin (1904)
http://www.archive.org/details/torturesettourments00galluoft

roughly in translation- Treatise on the instruments of martyrdom and their diverse uses employed by the pagans against the Christians; tortures and torments of the Christian martyrs. Don't worry, you really won't need to be able to read or speak any language at all to get the gist of it.

WARNING: It is a book of engravings, and far less shocking than photos would be, but it may not be for everybody.

....now that truly makes horrorcore stuff look like something on the disney channel...

...this thread has apparently become an online 'comparative religions' message board. i know how little real news/info is available about the HORRORCORE MURDERS from mainstream sources so i dug around and found two incredible links
to share. i hope these haven't been posted yet but i doubt it as they were written before the killings and center around ICP and to a lesser degree, SKR.
Make sure to read the 100+ comments following this piece. make your own opinions but i feel it makes "juggalos" seem like 'good kids' compared to the
borderlines of SKR. well please read it and comment. thanx!:twocents:
http://www.viceland.com/int/v14n10/htdocs/land_of_juggalos.php?country=us

this second piece contains a long, bizarre and incredibly entertaining youtube video made by juggalos as a sort of infomercial about the festival described in my post above. it is priceless, or at least it was because it is now set to PRIVATE!! however, please go to link anyway because the multitude of comments are still there and they are actually well-written and funny as hell. if u read them, you will have a very colorful and detailed description of the video anyway! That's Your Gathering:The 10th Annual Ga...http://videogum.com/archives/music-related-c... CRAP I think it's removed but it was in July 22, 2009 issue and may be retrievable here.

...this thread has apparently become an online 'comparative religions' message board. i know how little real news/info is available about the HORRORCORE MURDERS from mainstream sources so i dug around and found two incredible links
to share. i hope these haven't been posted yet but i doubt it as they were written before the killings and center around ICP and to a lesser degree, SKR.
Make sure to read the 100+ comments following this piece. make your own opinions but i feel it makes "juggalos" seem like 'good kids' compared to the
borderlines of SKR. well please read it and comment. thanx!:twocents:
http://www.viceland.com/int/v14n10/htdocs/land_of_juggalos.php?country=us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members