UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
iirc the rumor was that the 4yr old said "mommy stayed in the woods" ... this was back in the first thread somewhere, but clearly posted as rumor only

I think the friends are doing whatever the police ask them to do.
Even if that means not allowing negative comments on the fb page
about Josh.
I also wanted to add that it isn't just Kiirsi and the fb page
that has said nothing negative about Josh... it's everyone!
Other than that one Peterson guy.... NO one is talking bad about him!

I have no clue why... other than to think that it may be their strategy?

JMO
What you said is:
I also wanted to add that it isn't just Kiirsi and the fb page
that has said nothing negative about Josh... it's everyone!
Other than that oWhat you said is:
ne Peterson guy.... NO one is talking bad about him!

And yes, what the other people have said about Josh is "negative".... Very negative. JMO.....lol....

LoL Kat! I hear ya! Josh! what a great guy! I cannot think of more to add except fake balloon launches and fake expletives! (mooh mooh, maah maah, hug hug etcetera................ nauseating.......)

I seriously threw up in my mouth! For what it is worth at all! whhhhheeeewwww~

This is probably obvious to everyone here because all of your are so sharp and think of all the possibilities that by the time I post an idea it has already been posted. I can't help but think that LE has ( as some have suggested) advised family, friends, neighbors, etc to only speak in positive terms about Josh because they are hoping he will become overconfident and do something to tip off LE. It is so cliche, but so many of these guys go back to the scene of either the crime or where the body was disposed. We know Scott Peterson used to do that. I guess I am hopeful that Josh will feel comfortable that LE does not suspect him, and then he will not be able to resist the urge to do go back to where he left Susan. It is totally maddening that his actions are so crystal clear,and yet he is still free, and Susan is still missing.

That might have been true at the first few days but now that he has a lawyer you can bet he is telling him everything to do and not to do.

I am sure their mommy is in the mountains somewhere... beit a rumor or not...

Investigators aren't sure if the body is that of a man or a woman, and they don't know if he or she is a victim of homicide or suicide.

Not to be funny, but are the key-stone-cops running this investigation. Who sets themselves on fire? Your natural instint would kick in and you would roll on the ground to put the fire out. I'm the first one to say this is a homicide to cover the cause of death, and it's not Susan.

:banghead:

Mel

ps: MOO
Does anyone know that area well? One of the posters on the news blog said they didn't think it could be suicide because of the area..

There is no report of "mommy missing in the mountains". I did a search for it...

On one of the very early news articles in Salt Lake City, a commenter on a site said they had a friend in the investigation who said the 4yo made that statement. It was discussed here, likely in thread one, two at the latest.

It was definitely NOT reported in a news article, I remember linking to the comment from a WS post. Probably Deseret News, but I don't recall for certain.

iirc the rumor was that the 4yr old said "mommy stayed in the woods" ... this was back in the first thread somewhere, but clearly posted as rumor only
Thank you. The only thing ever stated that one of the children said was rumor, that when asked by LE, Charlie said that mommy was going to stay in the woods. This is becoming like that game you played as a child, where one person at the beginning of the line says one thing and passes it along to the people downline. It becomes something totally different by the time you get to the end of the line. Cute, as a child's game. Not so cute when we're talking about a criminal case......lol...

Well, unbelievable things are happening all around us. People are missing, children are being killed, raped, and kidnapped, and the rest of the community is not supposed to be privy to what happened. It's being kept "close to the vest". BUT, if you know anything call . . .

It takes a village to work together. What happens in our communities happens to us all. LE asks for help, but does not seem to want it or work together. The thing is -- there are a LOT of people out there who really could not care less. It's time for "American Idol" or "Three's Company", turn that off. Really, I think most people don't care.

It's really too bad.

BRAVO! It's about time someone said this. Even if there's not alot I can do for Susan here in San Diego - that doesn't mean I don't care about her, and want justice done. If I ask any of my friends or family about recent cases, they haven't a clue. Noooo....the Chargers are on, or I don't watch TV. Trust me, you don't have to listen to the news these days to know what's going on in the world.

I get so mad at the media. They care more about Tiger Woods and Charlie Sheen then they do real people! Kids and adults that are missing and killed.

Thanks for posting, and many prayers to Susan.

Mel

Dr. Fessel - good point, but people often do things that make their lawyers cringe. I believe the urge to go back to the scene of the crime, or where the body was disposed is a very strong one. Sort of like smoking when you know it is bad for you,or eating that second piece of pie when you are supposed to be counting calories. I totally agree that his attorney would be advising him not to do stupid things that would incriminate himself. But, since most attorneys do not like to know of a client's guilt they do not usually ask if they are guilty. So, it is doubtful that his attorney told him not to go back to the scene of where he left Susan. And, even if by some stretch that he did so advise him, that need to "make sure" that nothing has been found, IMHO, is so strong that it is really a compulsion. I agree with Nurse on this one - stop the white glove treatment, please!

Here is something I don't understand. Copies of the search warrants had to be served when the police went into his house and when they took his Van. Josh has those. Why are the police not releasing them to the public?

fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel
I think he got rid of the body on the sledding trip and panic set in on the clean up and he just ran with the boys and then decided to come back.
*************************************************************************************************

That honestly sounds plausible, IMHO. He was seen returning at 8:30. That may have been when he told his boy 'mommy is going to stay in the woods for a while.'

Anyway, when he cleaned up he may have concocted the plan of taking off and being gone and when he returned she wasn't there. His plan got messed up though because his sister called LE first AND they found the wet spot.

About the wet spot, curious that the dad and others said they thought one of the kids may have hurt themselves and they were at the hospital. I wonder if the 'spot' was discolored or something? I mean they made it sound like it appeared as if it COULD have been blood.

JMHO
fran

PS..To anyone who wonders, this statment of mommy staying in the woods is not necessarily 'truth' but could just be 'rumor.' It was posted on one of the news sites in the blog. The person said something about knowing someone in LE and they revealed a couple of things that were being discussed behind the scenes and this was one of the items. It was alleged to have been said by the child when LE talked to the child while the dad was being questioned also.

this is from thread 1 fran 12-14-09 2:30pm #736

On one of the very early news articles in Salt Lake City, a commenter on a site said they had a friend in the investigation who said the 4yo made that statement. It was discussed here, likely in thread one, two at the latest.

It was definitely NOT reported in a news article, I remember linking to the comment from a WS post. Probably Deseret News, but I don't recall for certain.

I'm sorry I gave some the impression I meant reported as in news article...
I meant reported as in talked about... reported.
For future reference.... anything I say from this point forward is my
opinion and my opinion only.

Here is something I don't understand. Copies of the search warrants had to be served when the police went into his house and when they took his Van. Josh has those. Why are the police not releasing them to the public?

Another good question, for sure. I also have another question concerning the idea of placing a dead body in the mines. If one were to try to do that exactly how would it be done? Would the dead body be thrown into the mine from above, or would the person who wanted to hide the dead body in the mine need to actually carry the body into the mine? If the second scenario is accurate then it would seem like a very tedious and dangerous task, and one that would take quite some time. Which could explain the number of hours in which Josh was gone from the house with the two boys. Does anyone know? I have a very rudimentary knowledge of the geography of Utah. Thanks

Nervous Nellie

Could you put a dividing line at the end of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel
I think he got rid of the body on the sledding trip and panic set in on the clean up and he just ran with the boys and then decided to come back.

that was my post.

nellie,
thanks for sharing that. I am sure the kids have provided insight that has been, termed I am sure, insubstantial... due to it being the words from a kid. Sad isn't it? What a child says can be the most truthful and the most raw. I am sure that when this case goes to trial anything that was said by a truthful child (the most truthful of any witness in my opinon!) will be attacked, deleted and never admitted into court. moo

However... it doesn't mean that we never heard it. We heard it loud and clear. And you know what? It was very scary!!!!! So mommy was left in the woods! What else happened to mommy?

Regarding Kiirsi: I really don't blame her for feeling the way she does. I'm sure she wants to have hope, and that's her right. I'm sure she also does not want to alienate Joshua in the hopes that he may give her some information or feel comfortable going to her, if the need arises. I think some of her lines of thinking are a little off the wall, but I suppose she is entitled to think what she wants. I have a different opinion, as do many here and around the different blogs and that is also our right. That being said, my advice to her would be to not read these blogs or the comment sections of the news. It's really not healthy for her to read some of the stuff that these people are saying. I'm not talking about here, I'm talking about the various news outlets where the comments are just creepy. I can say with 100 percent of my heart that none of my thoughts or opinions are meant to be disrespectful to her or Susan's family. Hopefully some of the evidence will be released soon and it will have some answers. Our thoughts, opinions, etc...will evolve from there. She is right, there is a lot that we don't know. But I don't see how anything that is potentially released will point in any direction other than Joshua. The deck is so completely stacked against him right now. It's going to take a lot to change my mind about him.

Another good question, for sure. I also have another question concerning the idea of placing a dead body in the mines. If one were to try to do that exactly how would it be done? Would the dead body be thrown into the mine from above, or would the person who wanted to hide the dead body in the mine need to actually carry the body into the mine? If the second scenario is accurate then it would seem like a very tedious and dangerous task, and one that would take quite some time. Which could explain the number of hours in which Josh was gone from the house with the two boys. Does anyone know? I have a very rudimentary knowledge of the geography of Utah. Thanks

I lived in Pocatello Idaho for a while and a mountain there was loaded with mines. They had two types. Ones you could just walk in and others that might go down 50 or 100 feet straight down then branch off. You could throw a body down one easy but it would really be spooky in a snow storm.

Do you think we're missing something? Wife killers more often than not have a girlfriend on the side. Do you think someone will come forward?

Just a thought....

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members