Prosecutors have new material and information that they dont want released to the pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the defense fight this motion like they fought the gag order?
I don't know if JB has learned anything, but AL wasn't around back then . . .

Could the *new material and information from investigators* refer to DC?
Could the SA have deposed him in private or got some info from him some other way?
I'm wondering if they found info on GA, CA and/or LA that they want to keep secret.

That is what I came back to speculate on. It suddenly occurred to me when I was considering this new "material and information from investigators" that we were recently speculating as to whether or not SA had filed the INVESTIGATIVE subpoena on DC and whether that interview had taken place...

Hmmm....and perhaps the reason that SA wants to meet privately with JS, without the defense present, is because whatever story DC finally spilled contains allegations against members of the defense team?????:waitasec:

The WESH report says the State only wants to delay handing over information to the defense, to allow further review of the information.

http://www.wesh.com/news/22442934/detail.html

But if SA is still investigating this new information, then they are not required to turn it over to defense yet anyway right? At least not while it is still actively being investigated?

So why would they need to ask JS to delay the release?

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/020310-casey-anthony-trial-date (thank you to angelwhocares :) )

*Prosecutors also filed a new motion asking the judge for a private closed-door meeting without the defense attorneys. Prosecutors say they have new material and information from investigators regarding the case that they don’t want to go be disclosed to the public.*

what do you think this could be? any ideas? :)

do we know what kind of info prosecutors are allowed to with hold?

i found this very interesting :biggrin:

one thought i had was that KC was involed in some other *hinky* matter that involved someone else....and they are still investigating that crime....

This is making me crazy! I remember at the last hearing JB was complaining that the prosecution hasn't given him latent print/evidence. He also said he wanted something (test results?) from the University of Tennessee Body Farm. But I don't know if that has anything to do with this.:waitasec:

do i need to change the title to the thread? from dont want released to delay?

It sure looks like it - and it's sure starting to sound like it's DC's testimony - and I thought it was going to be boring for awhile!

PS. I hope it's a BIG hammer the SA can use.......

That sounds really possible to me. If DC has made allegations about either members of the defence team, or about CA or GA, they may not want it released until a decision about future charges is made - either criminal or bar association?

http://www.wesh.com/news/22442934/detail.html

*In the motion, the assistant state attorney said the team wants more time to go over new materials and information that has come into the hands of law enforcement*

so does this mean....this is some new info?.....

i hate to think it.....but could it be info .....that would be good info for the defense?....something that would help them?.......like prints on the duct tape or on something else.....that they cant match up yet?.....

yet again....seems like they would have had this kind of info for awhile.....so i dont think its that....??

weird

But if SA is still investigating this new information, then they are not required to turn it over to defense yet anyway right? At least not while it is still actively being investigated?

So why would they need to ask JS to delay the release?

Because they are investigating Jose? LOL Maybe it was Jose who told Dom to do something other than call LE if he found a body :) Or a defense team member

Fingerprints on the duct tape...game set match.

I'm really confused by this, and keep trying to think what it could be. If it were something as awesome as KC's prints on the tape, wouldn't the State want that released asap, and basically it'd be a plea deal immediately?

Then i wonder, what if it's nothing huge, and they're just playing mind games with the defense? I don't know. I DO know that Baez will be freaking out right now trying to figure this out. I keep picturing him doing the pee-pee dance at the edge of the remains site with Geraldo, losing his mind that he didn't know what was going on. Imagine being Baez today, I don't imagine he'll be sleeping well tonight, but racking his brains trying to figure out what's up.

All I can think of is if RK found out where Caylee was because he knew someone that eavesdropped on a confidential meeting between KC and an agent of her lawyer (or her lawyer). Maybe the eavesdropper blabbed to more people and some of those people finally came forward? Or the eavesdropper developed a conscience and came forward? That would be sensitive...

I don't think any evidence exists to prove KC is innocent, but any daisy-chain that originated with a conversation between KC and her attorney could mean a jury might not see evidence found at the remain's site.

jmo

What if SA deposed DC and have information or testimony or evidence to refute some DC's testimony, and need time to complete their investigation before it is released to the defense team.

Such as DC swearing he was not talking to Baez on his cell during that search and Baez did not tell him not to call OCSD (or is it PD) but they (SA) have evidence to refute that?

Here's how rumors really start!

What if SA found out DC was actually talking to Leonard Padilla that day on his cell?

Sorry - I'm trying to think of the thing I would least imagine happening because this case has so many unexpected twists and turns, who knows what will happen next.

I don't know but maybe they are trying to protect someone from the Defense and the media. There are a few depos that we have not seen yet - I still want to know what the Marine in California has to say.

The defense has asked for the FBI reports.
The state has said they don't have them to turn over.

My guess is that the FBI data is in and the state is asking for a delay in turning them over unless/until they decide what they will be presenting in court and if (as if) there is anything exculpatory in there that they would be required to turn over anyway.

Since the defense has already raised a stink about them I would imagine the state will cover themselves by having a meeting with the judge to acknowledge they are in and that they are not ready to turn them over. moo

Why would they want to keep it hush hush from the defense, unless it is something that works is in their(defense) favor. JMO

I may be going out on a long limb here but IMO, they found KC's fingerprints on the duct tape. The SA knows that if this evidence is released to the public now KC can later claim her right to a fair trial was violated (if she's convicted) and the conviction could conceivably be overturned on appeal. I personally think this evidence is burning hot, way beyond JK's history or anyone else's. If it's exculpatory evidence then the SA is duty-bound to turn it over to the defense and just the reverse seems to be happening. This could be the smoking gun, folks.

i was curious about the investigators....do they mean LE investigators?

only thing i can think of ....is there is some type of ongoing case....that could involve KC some how.....
...or family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member