FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
While looking for the name of the town, I ran across a caption under a photo that said the landfill was a public landfill. I'd not seen that before.
I just always asumed the landfill was just used for garbage trucks.

Anyone can go into a public landfill.

I don't know how to put a map on here, but if you go to mapquest, put in orange park (where Somer was taken) to callahan (where they were searching a residence on Thursay), to folkston (where public landfill is) ...it's a pretty straight shot.

I find this interesting.

Esp since several people have been questioning LE's story about a "hunch" to follow garbage trucks.

Could he have been suspected early on? Did LE searchh the landfill because they thought JH may have put her there? Maybe they just did not have enough evidence at the time to charge.

IDK

Attachments

• tileprint.jpg
    tileprint.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 11
Not sure if this has been posted yet.

CALLAHAN, Fla. -- A home in Callahan was searched in connection with the Somer Thompson case. It's unclear who lives in the home, but First Coast News has learned it's one of Jarred Harrell's relatives, though police have not confirmed that.

Police were at the home for hours on Thursday, according to neighbors. Neighbors said the home was searched by the FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement in connection to the Somer Thompson case, and newly-named person of interest Harrell.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=151952&catid=3

Callahan would be much closer and less congested commute to Fernandina, where his Mom began working (in January?) at the local Chamber of Commerce.

Now my head is really spinning....

could JH have taken Somer immediatly from the Orange Park area to Callahan, did what he did, then drove the 30 minutes or so from Callahan to the public landfill and disposed of her precious little body????

That would explain how he would have had time to do what he did (I hate typing the horrid details that are in my mind), kill her, and dispose of her that night while Orange Park was on high alert searching for Somer.

He could have been long gone from the area by 5:00pm.

JMO - and thinking out loud.

ETA: he could have planned this out way beforehand and knew he would have to get her out of the neighborhood quickly before LE started searching.

IMO the home in Callahan could be the crime scene.

The lady who lived across the street said he spooked her out and was the reason she and her sister put their house up for sale. She said he came out to SMOKE and clean his car when school was let out.

Could they have been looking for cigarettes butts for DNA?

(I haven't had time to catch up on all posts since last night. Sorry if this has been suggested already.)

That may very well be it. They might have found cigarettes butts with her too.

I am wondering what made the 1 step dad go look for unusual stuff in JH room when he found locked tacklebox???
Did something trigger this act???
Did the step dad suspect odd sexual behavior?
Why didn't he make mom look at the CD and confront JH.
I am in no way blaming him because this is not his problem, he was only
married to the mom.
BUT something made him look in the room for something...........his hinky meter made him do it!
and JH was a young teen? (15?)
so JH has been wanting little kids for a LONG time!!!
IMO, Somer is not his first victim, I pray she is his last.
He may of done it again after somer if he thought he got away with Somer, for the thrill????
JUSTICE for Somer!!!

I am wondering what made the 1 step dad go look for unusual stuff in JH room when he found locked tacklebox???
Did something trigger this act???
Did the step dad suspect odd sexual behavior?
Why didn't he make mom look at the CD and confront JH.
I am in no way blaming him because this is not his problem, he was only
married to the mom.
BUT something made him look in the room for something...........his hinky meter made him do it!
and JH was a young teen? (15?)
so JH has been wanting little kids for a LONG time!!!
IMO, Somer is not his first victim, I pray she is his last.
He may of done it again after somer if he thought he got away with Somer, for the thrill????
JUSTICE for Somer!!!

I agree with your post except the BBM part.

IMO it would be his problem. IMO anybody that found that should have acted. When he took it upon himself to look, he made it his problem.

Now my head is really spinning....

could JH have taken Somer immediatly from the Orange Park area to Callahan, did what he did, then drove the 30 minutes or so from Callahan to the public landfill and disposed of her precious little body????

That would explain how he would have had time to do what he did (I hate typing the horrid details that are in my mind), kill her, and dispose of her that night while Orange Park was on high alert searching for Somer.

He could have been long gone from the area by 5:00pm.

JMO - and thinking out loud.

Kimberly, they said they found her in the garbage that came out of the semi trucks that went to that dump. They were there when the trucks were dumped.

The part of the dump she was found in is not open to the public because they have heavy machinery working and garbage has to be put in certain places. They have dump trucks coming in full of dirt that will be used to cover the garbage, they have semis coming in and dumping garbage and then they have dozers coming in and smashing it down and covering it with soil.

Kimberly, they said they found her in the garbage that came out of the semi trucks that went to that dump. They were there when the trucks were dumped.

The part of the dump she was found in is not open to the public because they have heavy machinery working and garbage has to be put in certain places. They have dump trucks coming in full of dirt that will be used to cover the garbage, they have semis coming in and dumping garbage and then they have dozers coming in and smashing it down and covering it with soil.

Yep Doc, that's what they said.

But, would they smudge on the truth in an effort to conceal what they knew already on this guy? Wouldn't be the firt time that tactic was used.

Maybe they suspected him but did not have enough physical evidence at the time.

Just a theory.

I know a lot of people have doubted the story LE told about the garbage truck situation. The name of the detective that suggested it has changed several times.

Could be a ploy by LE IMO.

ETA: Also would explain why we did not see much coverage of the landfill search IMO.

I think it's very possible that the crime scene is in two places. 1) the house on Gano 2) the house in Callahan ... maybe he cleaned up in Callahan... I just have a hard time believing that with as open as that street is, that he was able to do this in broad open daylight with no one seeing anything. He basically had what? an hour or so ? They searched all over but missed this house with a guy that could have been being watched already? that part doesnt make sense to me. I'm leaning more towards 2 crime scenes...

also... the laptop situation...

the roomates found it and turned it over but im sure it's quite possible that they (LE) had no proof who the laptop belonged to. Maybe when they sent it off to get it completely broken down, they found something that proved it was for JH. The guy had no serious record before and LE couldnt just say "yes, its his" without proof. So maybe thats the reason for the delay?

If we add the new information about Harrell to the beginning of the timeline, it clears up the cloudy picture about what didn't make sense.

If the attempted abduction a week before Somer was taken was by an undercover person, it could have been LE's way of putting out an alarm without letting the poi know about it.

If this guy went out to wash his car when the kids were coming home, then if any kid went up to pet his dog and his car door was open, he could have easily shoved them in the car, or garage even with LE sitting there.

The dream I had before Somer was taken makes me feel that Somer may have been that house, even with LE watching, without them knowing she was inside.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who loves Somer, especially Sam, Diena, and their families.

I was thinking they could have digging in the yards for any kind of evidence,Somers book bag ect...anything of Somers.Maybe a weapon.I pray not body parts.Just anything that will link this guy with Somers death.Did they bring search or cadaver dogs at these places.

If we add the new information about Harrell to the beginning of the timeline, it clears up the cloudy picture about what didn't make sense.

If the attempted abduction a week before Somer was taken was by an undercover person, it could have been LE's way of putting out an alarm without letting the poi know about it.

If this guy went out to wash his car when the kids were coming home, then if any kid went up to pet his dog and his car door was open, he could have easily shoved them in the car, or garage even with LE sitting there.

The dream I had before Somer was taken makes me feel that Somer may have been that house, even with LE watching, without them knowing she was inside.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who loves Somer, especially Sam, Diena, and their families.

Yes, It will be really interesting when they charge him and the Sunshine Law comes in. We will soon know how much LE knew at the beginning and to see how this guy got away with it for months. Esp since he lived on Gano.

My prayers are also with the family.

I think it's very possible that the crime scene is in two places. 1) the house on Gano 2) the house in Callahan ... maybe he cleaned up in Callahan... I just have a hard time believing that with as open as that street is, that he was able to do this in broad open daylight with no one seeing anything. He basically had what? an hour or so ? They searched all over but missed this house with a guy that could have been being watched already? that part doesnt make sense to me. I'm leaning more towards 2 crime scenes...

I agree. I believe there was a car involved.

This is the uncut video link
http://www.news4jax.com/video/22548251/index.html

RB says the reason it took so long to process the computer was because his daughter and her fiancee had to be investigated and given lie detector tests because they had access to JH's computer.

Wow, I'm impressed with these folks. Lots of fortitude. Heroes, really. I hope LE has "our man" and these folks get the reward. I really do.

Questions we have been pondering for months:

1) How could someone do this without being seen that night disposing the body?
IMO he could have grabbed her and took her elsewhere before anybody realized she was missing. Did he dump her in a dumpster outside that office park or diner? Or, did he kill her and dump her in the landfill?

2) Why did LE's detective's name change several times when they were talking about the guy that suggested following the garbage truck?
IMO maybe this was a ploy. Maybe they knew Somer was in the landfill.

3) Was Somer sexually assaulted?
I guess we now know that answer.

4) Was Somer's family or friends guilty of murder?
IMO this points to no.

I am so hopeful now that justice will be served.
I was starting to have my doubts and thought DT or CP would forever be blamed in the minds of the public.

IMO the home in Callahan could be the crime scene.

Is the Callahan house vacant too? I guess I was thinking the Gano house, as, per info, his parents had moved out and he was the only one using it.

Gads. He planned this. He was displaced and upset and he planned something to compensate for his bad feelings.

:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member