2009.02.09 - The cousin that visited....

Am I misremembering or what? Was Joe O. arrested when he returned to Tennessee? Was he on probation or something? I may have him mixed up with another player on this case. Can one of you set me straight on this?

(BBM)
Thank you Emeralgem, I will have to go listen to that LVA again, must have missed it.

The whole thing that is bothering me is that none of these dates match up with the stories they each tell. Chelsea is the person that said Joe left the day after Haleigh went missing and I find it equally as questionable that misty called Cousin Joe a criminal and said he shouldn't be trusted, yet they were hanging up posters together. It all seems like a big jumbled lie to me and in my opinion lies are given to cover up the truth.

Misty has made some extremely serious allegations toward Jo that have not (and cannot be) backed up documentally. LE has stated repeatedly and consistently, over the past 11 + months; Misty's story/account of the night that HaLeigh went missing is full of inconsistancies and they want & need her to clear it up in order for them to go forward in this case. Nowhere have I read, seen, or heard that LE is unsatisfied with Jo's account/answers to their questions, nor have they (LE), at a minimum, verified that Jo has some kind of sordid criminal history, albeit without any type of paper (record) trial. ITA with you that lies = a cover-up to the truth and the big jumbled pile of lies falls right at Misty's feet. With all of that said, it seems to me that her lies/cover-up relate to protecting herself and the one that she is most "intimately" involved with...IMO that is Ronald.

MOO~

Something's bothering me about Misty's cousin. If Misty's cousin's name is Joshua then he was charged with crimes on 1/15/09, visited his cousins in Florida for about a month, then left town sometime shortly after Haleigh disappeared, probation violation, sentenced on 1/14/2010. Does anything jump out at y'all on these dates? He was sentenced one week prior to Tommy, Misty, Ron and Hope's arrests. He might have ran away to Florida when he was charged on 1/15/09?. I don't know but this is just too strange to me.

I'm thinking that this is the correct person. I found this information on the first page of this thread.

http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber=678631

perhaps you would be so kind as to state the obvious? I think it is 99% unlikely that Misty was out on February 10 2009, Tuesday, with Cousin Joe Overstreet hanging up posters for Haleigh gone missing. Haleigh was reported missing at 3:27 am, and the area was cordoned off to prohibit people going into and out of Hermits Cove, statements and interviews were taken, IIRC RC and Misty were at the police station for hours shedding clothing and giving DNA samples. Yet these two manged to hook up that same day and run down to the neighborhood convenience store and hang up posters?

I must go and search for some articles regarding this very crucial day.

I think Doobie stated it quite well. If you look you will see the flyer is the same one LE made up and you better believe LE made them available on the 10th. Second if you look closely - that is not Misty, no way is that Misty. Since Joe was staying with Chelsea and that looks a whole lot more like Chelsea I suspect it is Chelsea. Another thing - the convenience store is not located in Hermits Cove so I find no reason why anyone would be refused the opportunity to post flyers outside of Hermits Cove on the day that a child goes missing.

Joe did not get up and disappear as implied by Misty. He was there until his ride could take him back to TN. He didn't run, and he didn't hide out either.

IMO, this entire "Cousin Joe did it" routine is nothing more than another attempt to misdirect LE's scrutiny. TN, MC, and the Croslins were firing this line out from the beginning every time a microphone was stuck in their face.

Saying Cousin Joe is a lock bumping, brick toting, pedophile DOES NOT make it true, particularly when this kid has NO record of any kind that anyone has brought forward.

Essentially we know 3 things about Joe Overstreet:

- He came to FL to visit his "family" for two weeks and wound up being accused of vile, disgusting crimes by a pack of drug addicts and criminals.

- I've got a picture of him doing something I've yet to see Ronald Cummings, Teresa Neves, or the Croslin family doing at any point in a solid year:

JoeOFlyer2-1-1.jpg

- He had the good sense to get the heck away from this circus quickly, EASILY qualifying him as the most intelligent member of that particular family IMO.

Without getting into the semantics of "cleared" vs "not cleared" or "top of the list" vs "bottom of the list", LE stated he is NOT a suspect and was ruled out:

Until I see otherwise, this is good enough for me.

Papa, take a look at the dates involved in this link. Coincidential? Makes you wonder if he knew something to tell LE about Ron Cummings. One week later Ron, Misty, Tommy and Hope are arrested.

Something's bothering me about Misty's cousin. If Misty's cousin's name is Joshua then he was charged with crimes on 1/15/09, visited his cousins in Florida for about a month, then left town sometime shortly after Haleigh disappeared, probation violation, sentenced on 1/14/2010. Does anything jump out at y'all on these dates? He was sentenced one week prior to Tommy, Misty, Ron and Hope's arrests. He might have ran away to Florida when he was charged on 1/15/09?. I don't know but this is just too strange to me.

I'm thinking that this is the correct person. I found this information on the first page of this thread.

Its not Josh that MC is pointing the finger at, Its Joe. I did see this, and thought the same thing though if it makes ya feel any better!

Its not Josh that MC is pointing the finger at, Its Joe. I did see this, and thought the same thing though if it makes ya feel any better!

lol - thank you for posting this before I went hunting for it.

(BBM)

Misty has made some extremely serious allegations toward Jo that have not (and cannot be) backed up documentally. LE has stated repeatedly and consistently, over the past 11 + months; Misty's story/account of the night that HaLeigh went missing is full of inconsistancies and they want & need her to clear it up in order for them to go forward in this case. Nowhere have I read, seen, or heard that LE is unsatisfied with Jo's account/answers to their questions, nor have they (LE), at a minimum, verified that Jo has some kind of sordid criminal history, albeit without any type of paper (record) trial. ITA with you that lies = a cover-up to the truth and the big jumbled pile of lies falls right at Misty's feet. With all of that said, it seems to me that her lies/cover-up relate to protecting herself and the one that she is most "intimately" involved with...IMO that is Ronald.

MOO~

The only thing I recall hearing Misty allege re: Joe is that "He messed with me."

I do recall Teresa and CrystalC making a live statement on television re: Joe. It was outside of their tent, a foggy or overcast day, iirc. CryC called him a pedo-fire [and I cringed, bless her heart.]

Shortly afterward, in a PSCO presser, Jeff Hardy refused to even comment when asked by a reporter about Joe [imo, because to comment would further harm Joe's reputation - which, as far as we know is unblemished].
--- this presser was the same day they addressed the red RAV4 query.

The same day or perhaps the day after (iirc) during another LE presser, the PIO stated that the cousin in Tennessee had been questioned and had nothing to do with it. [I am not positive, but I believe it was Rick Ryan who was speaking during this presser.]
--- back at this time, PCSO was having daily press conferences. The first week or so, they had more than one per day.
--- this was possibly also the presser where reporters asked about ChRey and L-rhymes w/Dukakis.

I remember the "pedo-fire" comment (had forgotten all about it until you said that) - that was when CryC had her hair "done". I thought then about what a circus this was turning into.

MY DH and DD were :floorlaugh:

May I ask what is a bully?

I am trying to find a pic of Chelsea to look at so I can see if she would be confused for Misty, btw PLD printed that it was Misty not me.

Chelsea......maybe, it could be Chelsea...hmmm

i meant to say belly:angel:

i meant to say belly:angel:

I am sitting here reading this thread and LMAO at how a little typo can open up such a can of worms!
After reading SWAG's comment then reading this I was in tears!
Not laughing at you IN at Heart-we all make typos-just laughing at the scenario!

And in no way am I laughing at Haleigh's situation. It is tragic.
If some people would just man up and tell the truth it could all end.
These people are selfish, if they cared about Haleigh at all they would have told the truth in the beginning. NG is right about one thing, Haleigh never had a chance.

JMO

I'm still looking for the vid where Teresa says that JO was there and Ron turns and looks straight at her and is like, "Whaaa...? Uh-Uhn."

This is close to it, but heaven only knows which night that snippet I'm looking for was broadcast.

From the transcript here: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/16/ng.01.html dated 3/16/09

SCHIAVO: She had a cousin visiting from out of town earlier. And so he was in the home at some point, but we`re still trying to figure out exactly how that`s all pieced together, Nancy.

GRACE: To Teresa Neves, Haleigh`s grandmother. Miss Neves, are you aware of anyone else in the home that evening? I don`t mean when they all go to bed, I mean earlier that evening.

NEVES: I heard there was a repairman there. My mother was actually over.

GRACE: I`m sorry, I couldn`t hear you. There was a repairman there. The cousin was there who police have investigated.

NEVES: Yes, ma`am.

GRACE: Who else?

NEVES: My mother came by that night.

GRACE: For what reason?

CUMMINGS: My cousin went in there.

comment by MEEE: Huh?! I don't remember HIS cousin was there!

NEVES: She brought some clean clothes over.

GRACE: OK.

NEVES: She had some of the kid`s clothes at her house and she had washed them and brought them over. That was sometime between 7:00 and 8:00 p.m. that night.

Link to vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIdhmJ_uxtg&NR=1

I'm still looking for the vid where Teresa says that JO was there and Ron turns and looks straight at her and is like, "Whaaa...? Uh-Uhn."

This is close to it, but heaven only knows which night that snippet I'm looking for was broadcast.

From the transcript here: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/16/ng.01.html dated 3/16/09

SCHIAVO: She had a cousin visiting from out of town earlier. And so he was in the home at some point, but we`re still trying to figure out exactly how that`s all pieced together, Nancy.

GRACE: To Teresa Neves, Haleigh`s grandmother. Miss Neves, are you aware of anyone else in the home that evening? I don`t mean when they all go to bed, I mean earlier that evening.

NEVES: I heard there was a repairman there. My mother was actually over.

GRACE: I`m sorry, I couldn`t hear you. There was a repairman there. The cousin was there who police have investigated.

NEVES: Yes, ma`am.

GRACE: Who else?

NEVES: My mother came by that night.

GRACE: For what reason?

CUMMINGS: My cousin went in there.

comment by MEEE: Huh?! I don't remember HIS cousin was there!

NEVES: She brought some clean clothes over.

GRACE: OK.

NEVES: She had some of the kid`s clothes at her house and she had washed them and brought them over. That was sometime between 7:00 and 8:00 p.m. that night.

LFlorida here is the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#p/search/0/JIdhmJ_uxtg

Around the 7:00 mark NG asks the question. The transcript is wrong....hmmmm can't imagine that happening......Ron says "The cousin, the cousin wasn't there." ETA-Wasn't sounds like wunnit to me, but I do think that is what Ron is saying.

Well, I keep seeing Jo being used instead of Joe so I thought that Jo could be short for Josh.

Lflorida-what do you hear Ron saying?

Also, what does it sound like Ron is saying at 7:06? Right when Teresa says "there was a repairman there, ummm, my mother..." Ron talks at the same time as her and it sounds like "Jason" to me. And not Jason the FDLE agent, lol. Could this be the name of the a/c guy?

The transcript says this: NEVES: I heard there was a repairman there.
I do not hear Teresa say "I heard". I hear her say "I am, there was a repairman there..."
Whoever does these transcripts needs to be fired!

Papa, take a look at the dates involved in this link. Coincidential? Makes you wonder if he knew something to tell LE about Ron Cummings. One week later Ron, Misty, Tommy and Hope are arrested.

Lonetraveler, not sure where that guy fits in, but he must be a relative for sure. Joe's brother?

It says he has a tattoo "Flora"-- that's their grandmother's name.

May I ask what is a bully?

I am trying to find a pic of Chelsea to look at so I can see if she would be confused for Misty, btw PLD printed that it was Misty not me.

Chelsea......maybe, it could be Chelsea...hmmm
To me that looks more like Lindsy than Chelsea.

And Donjeta, I ask you this because I respect your posts and opinions, does it make sense to you that Misty and Joe O would be out hanging up missing child posters just HOURS after Haleigh was reported missing? Is it even possible to have missing posters that quickly? Are caregivers thinking along those lines when a child goes missing out of their bed in the middle of the night? Shouldn't each of the persons in that picture been at the police station on February 10th, or maybe out searching in the woods or taking a lie detector test or something? Misty looks to be wearing a short sleeved tshirt and Joe appears to be wearing the same, with a sweatshirt slung over one shoulder. In the days just after Haleigh was reported missing Misty seemed to be wearing the O'Neill hoodie as a constant. I just don't think that picture was taken on Tuesday February 10th, it doesn't make sense to me.:waitasec:

I don't know but it seems to me if you're going to put up missing posters you should always make and distribute them quickly. The same day is better than several days after since the chances are better that the perp is still in the area or that people remember having seen something. And it's not like Joe and Misty had to do the poster themselves, (if that's really Misty in the photograph) I'm thinking the flier was probably in the works pretty soon after the officers arrived at the scene and after TN came complete with an 8x10. It wouldn't take that long to scan a photo and reproduce the information from the Amber Alert, and print or copy a few hundred of them.

I don't think that Misty would have had to spend her whole day at the police station the first day. Several hours probably but since they didn't arrest her then they would have had to let her go at some point, and the police had lots of other people to question anyway. It was in April, I think when Hardy said they had interrogated her for over 30 hours, in total. Wonder how many sessions that is.

As for searching the woods, did we ever hear about Misty searching the woods? Besides the rose story? Ron attended a TES search but I don't remember having heard that Misty ever did. Posting fliers is a good thing though, and it might be more useful for the family to get the word out than to go on a random search on their own without any clues where to look. LE can organize wood searches better, I think, and I doubt they'd even like the person who was the last to see the child to be searching on their own. They might have told her not to go search. The reason being, what if Misty happened to find something, how can LE be sure she didn't "find" something Misty placed there in the first place? And finding Haleigh being a convenient way to explain her footprints, her DNA or any other indications of her presence being there.

It's a good question about the polygraphs. When did Misty have her first one? Does Putnam County Sheriff's office have a resident polygrapher who can tackle new cases right away or do they have to arrange for somebody to come from outside, so it might take more time? Dunno... I'm a complete doofus in this polygraph business but I'm thinking they might not always even want to do a polygraph the first thing in an investigation, because they don't yet have access to all the evidence and might miss asking a crucial question because of that.

If we need to check about the early availability of the flier, maybe we can go back to the earliest thread and see when they start to come up in the links or if there are mentions of Misty outside LE quarters doing other things the first day.

Lonetraveler, not sure where that guy fits in, but he must be a relative for sure. Joe's brother?
It says he has a tattoo "Flora"-- that's their grandmother's name.

To me that looks more like Lindsy than Chelsea.

He is Joe's first cousin: the son of Lisa's brother--the Michigan ones.

I think Doobie stated it quite well. If you look you will see the flyer is the same one LE made up and you better believe LE made them available on the 10th. Second if you look closely - that is not Misty, no way is that Misty. Since Joe was staying with Chelsea and that looks a whole lot more like Chelsea I suspect it is Chelsea. Another thing - the convenience store is not located in Hermits Cove so I find no reason why anyone would be refused the opportunity to post flyers outside of Hermits Cove on the day that a child goes missing.

Joe did not get up and disappear as implied by Misty. He was there until his ride could take him back to TN. He didn't run, and he didn't hide out either.

Misty did not imply that Joe took off the day after Haleigh went missing, it was Chelsea Croslin who said that, Chelsea is the person Joe was staying with, Chelsea is the one who said the van was scratched and moved, Chelsea is the one that said Joe slept in his clothes and disappeared during the night, Chelsea is the one who said she cannot 100% account for Joe that night, etc etc etc....So if Chelsea is the one in the picture, though it names Misty Croslin, I could truly care less. My issue is that when these folks....all of them....open their lips to speak, a lie comes tumbling out, not just a lie, but stories riddled with such fictitious details that I just don't take any of them at their word anymore and I sincerely doubt that Law Enforcement has ever taken any of them at their word. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back