WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any dirt roads? Or railroad track crossings?????

If you continue on Tarpiscan it becomes dirt and like Del said, very ugly very fast. The RR crosses over to the East side of the river before Rocky Reach dam, so no.

Just looked on Google earth and it is just a mile or so down Tarpiscan road, so the first poster was correct. In any case, it's accessible year round. I've been there all times of year to run the dogs on the beach. Didn't realize the highway became Tarpiscan so quickly.

It's right across the river from Columbia Siding road, and the turn off for the beach is directly after the last orchard on Tarpiscan.

Are you guys sure you're looking at Tarpiscan Road?

Could you send me a link to the map you're looking at, please? Something isn't right . . . . maybe it's me.

Was it fixed with duct tape or loose?

source says taped or tied, not loose.

Pardon me for asking... but why did you ask about that specific type/brand of tape? I cannot find where that has been mentioned previously (on this site, anyways)? You know, as opposed to, just saying something like: "Was it fixed with tape or.."

Just kinda wonderin'.....
:sleuth:

<< ..Sorry if this has been answered already, but I really have been trying to keep up, y'all on a roll tonight !! Sweet !!>>

Could you send me a link to the map you're looking at, please? Something isn't right . . . . maybe it's me.

Del, go to mapquest.com and use the satellite mode. I believe the launch your thinking of is nearly at the end of Tarpiscan which is much closer to CB than the one located close to where the PUD road changes to Tarpiscan

Since everyone got upset with me for mentioning WC, I am going with another theory. What if MC messaged a male friend and that male friends girlfriend got mad (especially if they just started going out together). That would be a jealousy thing therefore such a violent crime. Just sayin. A girl might get some boys to help her do whatever she wanted to do to get rid of the problem.

Thanks- SpeculationThe other thing I wondered, eerily enough, was if someone had possibly taken that car to the exact spot where I turned around and got stuck. It was on a ridge near a construction site and looked passable enough, until I started driving in the mud. There were old car tracks, a couple sets where someone had turned around before.

Probably nothing, but it made me think.

I could see where a construction type may have wanted to try this spot, as it would be totally dark, not too far off the road and rarely travelled. It would be know to construction types as it is near a development.

It would be unlikely her car would have been able to get far on this road. They would have likely tracked mud walking out as well and seen this as a problem. After getting out and walking around the car, I has mud all over my shoes and left quite a mess on the running board and floor mat...Again, why I think they tried somehwhere else before dumping up PC.

Does this lead us back to the person who was seen washing tires at the car wash? And the poster who saw that person said it was on Wenatchee Ave. Same car wash as MC was supposed to be at?

I have a question about the "supposed bag over her head"... sources hint that it was grey IIRC.... was it a grey/plastic bag (I think the Ross store has grey bags, JcPenneys used to...) or was it a backpack type grey bag (may hint towards a student) or was it a duffle bag (sports?) etc...... Anyone have any clue?

OK, I see what you guys are talking about. That's awesome.

I didn't know Tarpiscan Road continued north over that ridge to the river. I've only been on Tarpiscan Road on the other side of the ridge, and it is gated.

I guess you learn something knew every day.

I wish I would have known about that boat launch on Tarpiscan Road last summer. It sure would have made my life a lot easier.

I printed the screen, how do I insert the image from my computer without linking to my photobucket account? It wants a URL in the photo attachment option.

Ok. More weirdness. Remember my friend's dream? Well, she told me that she had related her dream to her daughter (the one that got slapped by the woman, but was a small child in the dream) who is grown and gone now. They grew up in Rock Island. Her daughter had a dream the night her mother told her about the dream! All it consisted of was that she was in a silver truck and on Tarpsipan (sp) road but the wheels were spinning, spinning, spinning and it wasn't going anyplace. I've never even heard of that road, but I've only been here 15 years and just haven't had any reason to explore down there!

Anyhow..........more weirdness!

Ok...NOT Tarpsipan road. Trinidad rd. My bad. Foget aboutit.

OK, I see what you guys are talking about.

I didn't know Tarpiscan Road continued north over that ridge to the river. I've only been on Tarpiscan Road on the other side of the ridge, and it is gated.

I guess you learn something knew every day.

Oh, OK :)

Pardon me for asking... but why did you ask about that specific type/brand of tape? I cannot find where that has been mentioned previously (on this site, anyways)? You know, as opposed to, just saying something like: "Was it fixed with tape or.."

Just kinda wonderin'.....
:sleuth:

<< ..Sorry if this has been answered already, but I really have been trying to keep up, y'all on a roll tonight !! Sweet !!>>

IMO If the bag was "fastened" It was probably a jobsite item. High on the "durability" list might be electrical wire or duct tape. High on the "convenience of use" list would probably be duct tape. I always carry a roll in my vehicle....just a hunch, though

Ok. More weirdness. Remember my friend's dream? Well, she told me that she had related her dream to her daughter (the one that got slapped by the woman, but was a small child in the dream) who is grown and gone now. They grew up in Rock Island. Her daughter had a dream the night her mother told her about the dream! All it consisted of was that she was in a silver truck and on Tarpsipan (sp) road but the wheels were spinning, spinning, spinning and it wasn't going anyplace. I've never even heard of that road, but I've only been here 15 years and just haven't had any reason to explore down there!

Anyhow..........more weirdness!

Here's the boat launch. It's actually probably only a mile and 1/2 from CB.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1149&pictureid=9860

Thanks. I see the boat launch now. I'm glad that I finally know about it. I'll definitely be using it this summer and fall.

When you write, "lost their stomach" it sounds like a stomach was lost by damage. Like a stabbing.

I guess you are talking about the killer and vomiting. Killer may have just eaten some identifiable food, too...and vomited it. That's good.

Maybe Wendy's. There was a post about food wrappers from Wendy's being on the floor. Wendy's is between car was and spec house.

This is my first post but I have been following this sight for awhile. I am a local. I did not know MC but my kids went to Sunnyslope at the same time and MC was a cute little girl.

Snipped

Originally Posted by alt.theory
A WS was down at the boat launch today (or was it yesterday) and noticed LE hanging out. The WS specifically asked police if they KNEW it was MC who used her phone to send out that last text message. The officers said, Yes, they KNOW she was there, her car was there and her phone was there at that time.
They have more information then they are telling, (likely video - and lots of it).
I'm recalling this from memory, so don't quote me.

That boat launch is maintained by Chelan County PUD. There is a nice restroom there. The PUD has security cameras that monitor many different areas. I also wonder if there is video of that area, it would make sense.

Sorry, if I didn't post the snipped right.

It seems many of us think WC is the #1 suspect. If she is also the #1 suspect of LE then instead of them watching the house for her protection maybe they are watching to make sure she does not skip town. Does anyone know if she is showing up for work or hiding out?

One of the &#8220;team&#8221; was walking her dog this afternoon and saw WC at the spec home. This would have been about two. She was apparently alone. Hmmm&#8230;.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea