WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they already knew this, though? They may know even more horrifying details that the rest of us don't know yet. But yes, I do feel awful for them also. :(

I think they already knew/know what all happened to her. I don't think the LE would let them find out like the rest of us. If so, that is REALLY harsh of them, and so unfair.

We've been waiting for weeks to get this info, and now that we've got it, it leaves me feeling sick. I feel awful for WC, RC, and sons. This has to kick them in the pit of the gut.

Gosh, me too...

I know we are all focused on finding out what happened, and I personally have been thinking about this crime a good deal- mainly as to what occured, why and who was involved.

This was a terrible thing and very sad. This girl died. She was brutally murdered. Her last moments were likely horrible. These revelations today really, really sicken and sadden me.

RIP MacKenzie

Do you think they already knew this, though? They may know even more horrifying details that the rest of us don't know yet. But yes, I do feel awful for them also. :(

I definitely think the family knew the COD. I think they were asked not to tell anyone though. That would explain why WC said something to the affect of "they are no longer able to hurt you". :(

Now that we know somewhat of what happened to her and how horrifying it must have been, we know that she cannot rest in peace until her killer is brought to justice.

I'm soooo hoping the LE arrest someone soon!!

MOO--- I don't know that the "COD" would say what other things could/did happen to her. I think COD just means what killed her. She could have been tortured Post Mortem, and not included on the COD. But, I'm not sure how it works.

ETA: I think the autopsy report would say EVERYTHING they found. COD is just for that, Cause of Death.

Yes. The Death Certificate doesn't list trauma to the body after death. The autopsy will contain all that... and I don't know if I can stomach reading it.

Now that we know somewhat of what happened to her and how horrifying it must have been, we know that she cannot rest in peace until her killer is brought to justice.

I'm soooo hoping the LE arrest someone soon!!

One of her family's friends said that she would have fought hard against her attacker. I just hope that she left scars on him--that her teeth and braces left scars on his wrists that he cannot hide. I hope his skin is embedded in her braces and under her fingernails. I hope that her body was able to tell the story that her voice no longer could.

They would have received the death certificate as soon as it was available from the coroner. I'm sure that they've known.

The burden they must have been carrying, having to keep that info to themselves because LE asked them to.

NOW we know why Wendy has stayed out of the limelight. How could she face cameras and conceal what she knew about her daughter's death? I really ache for her...I don't know how someone faces each new day after losing a child in such a violent manner.

Gosh, me too...

I know we are all focused on finding out what happened, and I personally have been thinking about this crime a good deal- mainly as to what occured, why and who was involved.

This was a terrible thing and very sad. This girl died. She was brutally murdered. Her last moments were likely horrible. These revelations today really, really sicken and sadden me.

RIP MacKenzie

Yeah... me too, Sherlock. It's one thing to ponder what might have happened. It's quite another to know what HAPPENED. Poor baby...she never had a chance to shine.

Manual strangulation is very difficult, especially considering MC was a very strong young woman. She worked out regularly and was a dancer. Looking at her pics, she seems to have wide strong neck.

IMO, she got into an argument with someone, he grabbed her by the neck, she fought back, He grabbed what ever was close and hit her in the head, knocked her loopy then continued to strangle her. He did not have the strength or stamina to complete so he hit her in the head again. He probably stabbed her in the neck as she was dieing or possibly dead. He wanted it over.

I believe it was some sort of confrontation and once he started he could not stop. I also believe he should have some type of defense wounds. It could even be something not easily seen, like a set of blue balls.

This is not my personal belief, but I can come up with a few theories that would make JF look guilty, (in fact possibly even be guilty of a "crime"), and yet not have been involved in MC's death.

1. What if JF was the connection used to let one of the R brothers back into MC's life? If JF knew one of brothers could supply marijuana to MC, maybe he helped her make the connection with one of our drug dealer characters. JF would feel guilty. Family would blame him and not want to be around him. But all he had done was help a 17 year old score a little pot, (yes, that is a crime, which might also explain why he is rumored to be failing the lie detector tests).

2. Along with the drug angle, another possibility is he also could be lying about a personal relationship with MC, but had nothing to do with the murder, (something happening similar to described in previous paragraph). Through the investigation the family might find this information out and hate him for taking advantage of MC and also treat him as suspect.

This is just an assumption and not even my current favorites.

One of her family's friends said that she would have fought hard against her attacker. I just hope that she left scars on him--that her teeth and braces left scars on his wrists that he cannot hide. I hope his skin is embedded in her braces and under her fingernails. I hope that her body was able to tell the story that her voice no longer could.

Why did you have to say that? Now I just had a thought that could have been why the rumor is of braces being removed!!! AGGGHHHH.... disgusting

Some initial thoughts that I had, that I don't think have been brought up yet. From the very beginning of this case I have been thinking that this is just too clean to not be premeditated, which leads me to a couple possible scenarios, the first of which has been thoroughly covered on this board, the 2nd, not sure:
1. Someone close to MC who knew her, relative, boyfriend, etc
2. Professional killer, possibly hired by??? Could be a number of reasons. The family obviously has a ton of skeletons in the closet... Anyone in the family have a major gambling problem, owe someone in the underworld lots of $$$, deal/work with mafia (not just talking about Tony Soporano here), etc.

I have zero evidence either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member