WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Del Rio had alot of great info on the CB property... anyone know when his "time out" or whatever it is ends? Thats assuming he comes back

_respectfully snipped-
It could also explain the ping on her cell phone. Reception goes in and out in that area and up to the Ridge. It could have pinged when it went off or back on.

Possible

TheoryIt could have pinged on the way to CB as well.

I have Verizon service, as I believe the WW stated MC did as well. My phone loses service down by Rock Island Dam and picks it up south of CB, usually at about White Trail Road ( a coule miles West of Quincy). This was true of the two previous phones I had with Verizon as well.

My service stayed pretty solid up Squilchuck the other day. It was ok out the Tarpiscan as well. I checked in many spots always had at least 2 of 4 bars.

OPINIONThe phone could have pinged near RI dam as it lost service on way to CB, then been destroyed at CB before regaining service

About the duck blind:

del rio said he made it and some trails down to it, (two trails that intersected half way down in the heavy brush below the pond). He did not say that he knows that the body was place in his duck blind, just that he suspected it was after he surveyed the grounds himself, (his pictures showed police markings on the ground inside his duck blind). He left some things in the blind that were not there when he returned to the blind after the body was found. It is assumed police took them as evidence, but is only an assumption. Some of the items could have been removed earlier by a friendly neighbor cleaning up litter off the beach and bank. :)

If duck hunters are required to pick up all of their shell casings, Del Rio was not a very good duck hunter, considering he left shell casings, a bag, AND a blow up mattress. Just an observation.

Some initial thoughts that I had, that I don't think have been brought up yet. From the very beginning of this case I have been thinking that this is just too clean to not be premeditated, which leads me to a couple possible scenarios, the first of which has been thoroughly covered on this board, the 2nd, not sure:
1. Someone close to MC who knew her, relative, boyfriend, etc
2. Professional killer, possibly hired by??? Could be a number of reasons. The family obviously has a ton of skeletons in the closet... Anyone in the family have a major gambling problem, owe someone in the underworld lots of $$$, deal/work with mafia (not just talking about Tony Soporano here), etc.

I have zero evidence either way.

We don't know that the family has a ton of skeletons in the closet. They went through a divorce. We do know that JF has a lot of skeletons in the closet!

If duck hunters are required to pick up all of their shell casings, Del Rio was not a very good duck hunter, considering he left shell casings, a bag, AND a blow up mattress. Just an observation.

Are they required to, or is that just the polite thing to do?

But...it was plead down to a lesser charge and a sentence administered, right? Not showing up in court is a common method of being less than cooperative with the efforts of the prosecutor.

I'm almost positive the case was dismissed because they didn't appear. I read the clerk's minutes from the date they were to appear and it specifically stated that. I will go back and look at the documents again to double check.

Warning: Graphic!
I think this is a fairly probably order of events for the COD:
1. Killer either from along side of, or behind MC slams her head against something hard (Kitchen counter,etc)
2. Killer begins strangulation with hands from behind.
3. Things are not going as easily as killer expects, and reaches for something close to stab MC in the back of the neck with.
4. It is over quickly after stabbing.

If the killer left the object impaled until later, it is possible there could have been minimal blood loss. Puncture wounds actually do not tend to bleed as much as one would think. I'm assuming the stabbing is a singular event or the COD would have said multiple stab wounds.

Keep in mind that the COD is just that. There could have been multiple other wounds that were not specifically a cause of death. The autopsy report is what would reveal everything, including any post mortem wounds. MOO

I'm almost positive the case was dismissed because they didn't appear. I read the clerk's minutes from the date they were to appear and it specifically stated that. I will go back and look at the documents again to double check.

The restraining order was dismissed but the court records show he was convicted of another charge later on.

Also, I spoke with VDD because we were at the same locationin Feb after her body had been found. I did not mention this case at all. We just chit-chatted. He was in jail when this happened.

Does anyone remember the date on which any rumor of the bag was first posted, whether it be here, in the newspapers or on any other web site?

First rumor was started by Del Rio on Tuesday night, would have actually been March 3rd, around midnight-ish. I believe it's in thread 4. Since then, one of our regular posters was in the CB area on 2/13 and she talked to a CB resident that saw MC's remains and said there was a bag over her head, a severe cut to one arm, and body was clean......no blood.

Since it's not firsthand, rumor

I am a hunter and his response made total sense to me. He planned to come back later that day but spotted a better area and never made it back to the original spot. I am not a duck hunter but I have did the exact same thing hunting deer. I have also occasionally found a tree stand or blind with stuff left behind. I have also abandoned same.

My point is that the only way I found them was because I was hunting the same area. That is why the body placement is so important to me in this case. It could be that the killer knew that piece of property well for other reasons but based on my own personal experiences, I'm looking for a duck hnter. just my opinion

It looks like PLEA of Guilty, Advice of Rights, Sentencing 11/01/2005; looks like restitution account set up & community supervision with first of multiple probation violations as early as 01/04/2006. Are we looking at the same history?

Quick thought... IMHO it may be beneficial to keep several eyes on the WW comments to see if anything of importance is deleted

About the duck blind:

del rio said he made it and some trails down to it, (two trails that intersected half way down in the heavy brush below the pond). He did not say that he knows that the body was place in his duck blind, just that he suspected it was after he surveyed the grounds himself, (his pictures showed police markings on the ground inside his duck blind). He left some things in the blind that were not there when he returned to the blind after the body was found. It is assumed police took them as evidence, but is only an assumption. Some of the items could have been removed earlier by a friendly neighbor cleaning up litter off the beach and bank. :)

I believe Del Rio did say that he had a source that told him where MC's body was located. He was the one that first introduced the "rumor" that MC's feet were not in the river water, but in the stream. That would be back in thread 4. He posted pictures that he later removed and then reposted them in another thread. You can see references to those pictures throughout thread 4, in the wee hours of March 3rd.

The restraining order was dismissed but the court records show he was convicted of another charge later on.

Also, I spoke with VDD because we were at the same locationin Feb after her body had been found. I did not mention this case at all. We just chit-chatted. He was in jail when this happened.

My initial comment was just that this contact from VDD was not in the form of a "relationship". JMO

_respectfully snipped-

Possible

TheoryIt could have pinged on the way to CB as well.

I have Verizon service, as I believe the WW stated MC did as well. My phone loses service down by Rock Island Dam and picks it up south of CB, usually at about White Trail Road ( a coule miles West of Quincy). This was true of the two previous phones I had with Verizon as well.

My service stayed pretty solid up Squilchuck the other day. It was ok out the Tarpiscan as well. I checked in many spots always had at least 2 of 4 bars.

OPINIONThe phone could have pinged near RI dam as it lost service on way to CB, then been destroyed at CB before regaining service

Wow Sherlock - can you fit this into the timeline regarding the known points?

Boat Ramp 3:40ish

Rock Island 5:40ish - how much longer to CB from this point?

What if the perp was leaving CB and heading for the canyon? How much time to get to the approx. place the car was left?

Thanks,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members