Psych Profile- Elizabeth Johnson

Johnson having management problems in jail; sent to psychiatric facility

PHOENIX – The woman arrested in connection with the disappearance of her infant child has become a ‘management problem,’ according to detention officers with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.

more at link:

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Johnso...il-sent-to-psychiatric-facility-90685084.html

Thank you, God! Now she'll get on meds. Now maybe she'll talk. Thank you, thank you, thank you, God!!

Is she really insane, or is she playing insane?

Mom of missing Tempe baby in trouble for assaulting inmates
ABC15.com
Last Update: 3:00 pm

Elizabeth and Gabriel PHOENIX -- The mother of an Arizona baby missing since December was placed in a Phoenix jail's psychiatric unit for evaluation after officials say she assaulted two fellow inmates and claimed a disciplinary food regime was starving her.

Jailers say they placed 23-year-old Elizabeth Johnson on their so-called nutra-loaf program after she was accused of the assaults.

The loaves consist of dry milk powder, fruits and vegetables, chili powder, and bread dough compacted into a solid brick-like form; they are served to inmates twice a day.

Sheriff's officials say Johnson gave them a will she wrote after being put on the program, claiming that she is starving and refuses to eat the loaves because they're "full of rotten vegetables and worms."

Maricopa County Sheriff's Office spokesman Lt. Brian Lee said her diet program was changed from the standard sack lunch in the morning and hot meal in the evening after she became "a management issue."

According to Lee, in one case Johnson threw Windex into a fellow inmate's eye. It is unclear what happened in the second alleged assault.

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/s...by-in-trouble-for/6PhW8F-82kSl7PwFqFdGgw.cspx

I don't know if I like this. Could this not come into play in an insanity case?

I don't know if I like this. Could this not come into play in an insanity case?

It depends on whether or not she was legally insane at the time she committed her crimes. In her jail interview with the reporter she gave indications that she knew right from wrong. e.g., when she said she was afraid of being charged with kidnapping. So I don't think it will come into play. That looks like cognizance of one's actions and of wrongdoing.

I like it because she's going to get meds.

Thanks for that BeanE. :) Yes, I think it's great she's going to get meds. She's been mentally disturbed for such a long time, she needs treatment.

I'm thinking the reason they put her in the psych ward is because writing the will might have to be considered a possible suicidal indication and that's what she's being evaluated for - to determine if she is suicidal or if it's just an attention getting move.

He said Johnson also wrote that she doesn't want to donate her organs and that she wants to be cremated and buried next to her mother's grave.

That prompted her jailers to place her in the psychiatric unit on Saturday to be evaluated. She remained in the unit Monday and was being fed normal jail food.

"She was a model inmate, but evidently maybe the jail conditions have gotten to her," said Arpaio, who calls himself America's toughest sheriff.

"I don't know what her agenda is," Arpaio said. "Maybe her conscience has gotten to her, but she sure doesn't like being incarcerated in our jail."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6955676.html

So there is someone who Elizabeth cares about.

I'm thinking the reason they put her in the psych ward is because writing the will might have to be considered a possible suicidal indication and that's what she's being evaluated for - to determine if she is suicidal or if it's just an attention getting move.

I bet you are right BeanE. I'm sure her not eating/starving herself helped as well.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/152729

Here is the story from the East Valley Tribune that is also on msnbc.

The mother of missing 10-month-old Gabriel Johnson has been transferred to the Maricopa County Jail’s psychiatric unit so her mental state can be evaluated after she complained that she is starving.

Timeline: The search for Baby Gabriel

Elizabeth Johnson, 23, of Tempe, who allegedly assaulted two inmates last week, is refusing to eat Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s “nutra-loaf” diet, consisting of bread and water, non-fat dry milk, fruit and vegetables, chili powder and bread dough, the sheriff’s office reported Monday.

Johnson complained that the vegetables were rotten and had worms in it, according to a document she submitted to deputies titled “My Advanced Directive’s Will.".

Click on link for entire article.

If this is a true mental illness, I do think she may talk if she was put on an antipsychotic drug-like Geodon or something similiar that would let her let go of the paranoia and realize what is best for her and what will get her out of jail the fastest. If she's paranoid then she's doesn't trust anyone and this would explan why she wouldn't talk to anyone.

Wow, from Jack in the box all the way down to loaf. I wonder if Tammi would approve? I always thought EJ had a major depression issue and that was the reason she would not leave her cell to go to court. I don't think she is insane, but depressed. Now she is writing about death and her deceased mother. She sounds suicidal to me. I believe I read somewhere that she wrote something about her mom in the same journal with the directions to the park.

If this is a true mental illness, I do think she may talk if she was put on an antipsychotic drug-like Geodon or something similiar that would let her let go of the paranoia and realize what is best for her and what will get her out of jail the fastest. If she's paranoid then she's doesn't trust anyone and this would explan why she wouldn't talk to anyone.

I agree

Elizabeth's Will:

My Advanced Directive & Will (dated 4/9/2010)

I am writing my advanced directive and will because I am incarcerated in Estrella jail and they are starving me and serving rotten food with worms in it. I haven't eaten in over 7 days and barely can write this. The water… makes us sick. I feel they will let me starve to death rather than feeding me safe, edible food. I don't want an autopsy, I do not wish to donate any organs/body parts. That is against my religion. I wish my grandmother be contacted [phone number] only. I wish to be cremated right away, put in a box not an urn and brought to mass to be buried above my mother's grave. I know my grandmother Sylvia [last name] will arrange this for me. White lilies for me is all. I don't think I'll have time to have my lawyer notarize this because I am starving and so weak and dehydrated so I will put a tank order in for a notary. I love you Marzzy. I am sorry be happy for us.
Sincerely, Elizabeth Johnson

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/elizabeth-johnson-hunger-strike-4-12-2010

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xobehtedistuO
Back