• She harmed Gabe

Votes: 42 40.4%
  • As part of her defense - not wanting to incriminate herself

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • Other - please post what you think the reason is

Votes: 12 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am not sure what the "government" could have done here...except to have stripped Elizabeth of her parental rights back when she showed herself to be a violent abusive and irresponsible mother. Logan could have pursued criminal charges on her and I wish he had.

At this point they can't "make" her talk...all citizens have constitutional rights

I personally feel she is not talking because she knows she would be charged with murder. I think that the only way she will talk is when they do charge her with murder..with or without a body...at that point she might "crack" and tell what really happened

as it stands she has NO real reason to talk...and so she doesn't

I feel there will be a resolution here when she is charged...she will say what happened...and cut some deal....either she gave Gabriel up to some "couple" (I hope so but I doubt it) or she killed him (sad but true)

Until they charge her she is sitting there and it looks like she wont budge

The government should be doing alot to protect the rights of victims. They should be depriving the rights of criminals because the criminals deprived the victims rights...I will be writing a letter soon to our President about what is happening in America today and how the laws that were originally set have been twisted to and are protecting the criminals...Technology has decreased doubt and the laws need to reflect that.

I am not sure what the "government" could have done here...except to have stripped Elizabeth of her parental rights back when she showed herself to be a violent abusive and irresponsible mother. Logan could have pursued criminal charges on her and I wish he had.

At this point they can't "make" her talk...all citizens have constitutional rights

I personally feel she is not talking because she knows she would be charged with murder. I think that the only way she will talk is when they do charge her with murder..with or without a body...at that point she might "crack" and tell what really happened

as it stands she has NO real reason to talk...and so she doesn't

I feel there will be a resolution here when she is charged...she will say what happened...and cut some deal....either she gave Gabriel up to some "couple" (I hope so but I doubt it) or she killed him (sad but true)

Until they charge her she is sitting there and it looks like she wont budge

Yep, I 100% agree

I believe she killed or OD'd Gabrial. I feel that is why she doesn't talk.
If Gabrial was out there, to save her own butt I think she would scream!

I believe she killed or OD'd Gabrial. I feel that is why she doesn't talk.
If Gabrial was out there, to save her own butt I think she would scream!

I think she would to, plus she'd get less jail time if she would just say what she did with him.

I think she would to, plus she'd get less jail time if she would just say what she did with him.

I think she DID want to tell the judge what she did with Gabriel at her custody hearing, but couldn't because her attorney told her to plead the 5th. IMHO, I think that's why she was crying - because she did want it over with but her attorney wants her to wait for trial - or perhaps a plea bargain first.

I think she has talked. Since this was a custody hearing, either way, she wasn't going to get custody.It would have been nice if she had, if she knew where GB was, but maybe she really doesn't. In the KPHO video on that day, she did speak to reporters and answered their questions....She said she told what she knew and no, she did not kill GB. Why not have kept your mouth shut to reporters ??? JMO

Why not have kept your mouth shut to reporters ??? JMO

Excellent question, Kappy. If she harmed Gabe, then I would think she'd have just said nothing and kept walking as fast as her leg chains could carry her.

She is not contending that she killed Gabe but it was an accident, not contending that she killed Gabe but it was in a fit of rage, not contending that she killed Gabe but had any excuse or reason - she is contending emphatically that she did not kill Gabe at all!

??? Lots of criminals contend they didn't "do it"

Scott Peterson and Drew Peterson come to mind.....OJ would still be contending he "didn't do it" and looking for the "real killer" if prison had not intervened LOL

JMO I think E frantically texted and called Logan with the truth...then later decided to tough it out, no body , no crime, make up various stories of "gave him to a couple in a park" etc

She not talking because if she did, she's looking at Life in prison or death row.

What is SA police waiting for? Charge her with aggravated Homicide already and see if she talks then.

she's not going to say anything until they do.

What is SA police waiting for? Charge her with aggravated Homicide already and see if she talks then.

she's not going to say anything until they do.

SAPD realizes the devastating impact to the search for a missing child once they bring homicide charges. In Gabe's case, they're particularly aware of the implications since they have no physical evidence whatever that Gabe is harmed, let alone dead. Therefore, as I've explained to you before, they're currently working on a proactive search for Gabe alive. It's the right and moral thing to do, they know that, and they're doing it.

I wish everyone had heart, but I'm not so naive as to expect everyone to. I am very grateful therefore that the SAPD and prosecutor have ethics. Gabe is a human being with inherent rights. There but for the grace of God go you and I.

ETA: The topic of this thread is why Elizabeth won't talk. If you'd like to discuss why the SA prosecutor hasn't yet charged Elizabeth with homicide and/or if he will, please start a new thread.

ETA: Here's the thread:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101849"]Why hasn't the SA charged EJ w/homicide, will he, and when? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks,
BeanE

Kelli posted this on Gabriel's FB page today.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=251236072296

Maybe I'm taking it wrong but this sounds like EJ is not talking or not telling the truth.

I don't believe EJ doesn't know anything, and my personal opinion is she is not telling the whole truth - if she did, we'd find Gabriel already, one way or another.

I can only think of 2 reasons why she'd not say the truth... 1. She killed Gabe and she's trying to save herself... or 2. She has mental issues and is not trying to save herself and wants to do this for whatever reason that suits her. But I don't believe she's completely in the dark about where he is, if she's claiming that.

I don't believe EJ doesn't know anything, and my personal opinion is she is not telling the whole truth - if she did, we'd find Gabriel already, one way or another.

I can only think of 2 reasons why she'd not say the truth... 1. She killed Gabe and she's trying to save herself... or 2. She has mental issues and is not trying to save herself and wants to do this for whatever reason that suits her. But I don't believe she's completely in the dark about where he is, if she's claiming that.

If murder or mental issues are the only reasons for EJ not talking, why would TS threaten to sue EJ for not keeping her mouth shut?

IMHO, EJ has told LE everything she KNOWS. If she had to give the couple a code word in the park, then obviously she didn't know who the couple is. And why set up the phone call with TPS with the blessing of LE that was aired (in part) on the news when EJ tells TPS YOU set the whole thing up?

Just because TPS hasn't been charged with anything else - yet - doesn't mean EJ hasn't spilled her guts. In this country you need some sort of probable cause to arrest someone - not purely based on someone's accusations. IMHO, I think LE is working feverishly behind the scenes trying to find evidence they can use against TPS (and all others involved) - not just the word of her co-conspirator. And I believe THAT is why LE was "in" on that phone call - they were hoping TPS would say something to incriminate HERSELF.

The other thing to bear in mind is that we don't know what all EJ has told LE. They have been very tight-lipped in what they HAVE said about the case. For all we know, there COULD be a composite drawing of the couple in the park in existance that LE has chosen to keep private at this time - especially if they believe they might KNOW who the couple is. But there again, you can't just go barging into someone's house without probable cause. That's the great thing about this country, versus those where confessions are beaten out of people - innocent or guilty.

And if the people who have Gabe did it because they thought they were doing "God's will", they will fight for their convictions - no matter how illegal they are.

IMHO, we have to TRUST that LE knows what they are doing - Tempe LE, at least. All we can do is continue to try to sleuth out information or come up with theories that LE can use to tie their case together and bring Gabe home!

:twocents:

If murder or mental issues are the only reasons for EJ not talking, why would TS threaten to sue EJ for not keeping her mouth shut?

My opinion of what happened- Tammi was involved in the beginning, while in AZ, and involved in trying to illegally adopt Gabe. She did do some illegal things and encouraged EJ to go to SA.
Once in SA however, I feel the plans went differently, and now Tammi doesn't even know where Gabe is. Yes, she's GUILTY of triggering this, but I don't think she knows where's Gabe now.

Now, Tammi wants EJ to keep her mouth shut about the illegal things they did/planned before, she doesn't want to be involved or found guilty of custodial interference etc... she doesn't want EJ to reveal HER ROLE in all this (prior to disappearance).

But I do believe, her role stopped when Gabe disappeared.. NOT trying to protect Tammi, but that's my opinion - she deserves to go to jail for what she did but ... I don't think she knows where Gabe is, reason is, if she did setup a couple, I think LE would have found some connection when they searched her apt, I honestly don't think she's that intelligent at hiding things.

IMHO, EJ has told LE everything she KNOWS. If she had to give the couple a code word in the park, then obviously she didn't know who the couple is. And why set up the phone call with TPS with the blessing of LE that was aired (in part) on the news when EJ tells TPS YOU set the whole thing up?

Just because TPS hasn't been charged with anything else - yet - doesn't mean EJ hasn't spilled her guts. In this country you need some sort of probable cause to arrest someone - not purely based on someone's accusations. IMHO, I think LE is working feverishly behind the scenes trying to find evidence they can use against TPS (and all others involved) - not just the word of her co-conspirator. And I believe THAT is why LE was "in" on that phone call - they were hoping TPS would say something to incriminate HERSELF.

The other thing to bear in mind is that we don't know what all EJ has told LE. They have been very tight-lipped in what they HAVE said about the case. For all we know, there COULD be a composite drawing of the couple in the park in existance that LE has chosen to keep private at this time - especially if they believe they might KNOW who the couple is. But there again, you can't just go barging into someone's house without probable cause. That's the great thing about this country, versus those where confessions are beaten out of people - innocent or guilty.

And if the people who have Gabe did it because they thought they were doing "God's will", they will fight for their convictions - no matter how illegal they are.

IMHO, we have to TRUST that LE knows what they are doing - Tempe LE, at least. All we can do is continue to try to sleuth out information or come up with theories that LE can use to tie their case together and bring Gabe home!

:twocents:

I dunno, I just have a hard time believing TS is THAT GOOD at hiding a person, esp with all the LE, PI, public looking for Gabriel?
Also, I thought LE was the one who was leaning towards homicide? I don't know if that has changed now. I certainly hope so.
According to Kelli's FB posts, it certainly appears that EJ is not really talking, cuz her post around Mother's Day was praying for her to talk.

I dunno, I just have a hard time believing TS is THAT GOOD at hiding a person, esp with all the LE, PI, public looking for Gabriel?
Also, I thought LE was the one who was leaning towards homicide? I don't know if that has changed now. I certainly hope so.
According to Kelli's FB posts, it certainly appears that EJ is not really talking, cuz her post around Mother's Day was praying for her to talk.

Go back and read all the things TPS has done in the past - not just in this case - and IMHO, you MIGHT think differently. Past forgery, how she adopted her daughter, etc.

I thought it was SA LE that was leaning towards homicide, not Tempe. There are 2 separate investigations going on in 2 different states.

My opinion is that KM's FB post around Mother's Day was hoping that EJ would talk to THEM. I believe that LE is holding a lot of info back from the family that EJ has already told them, since this IS an active criminal investigation. :twocents:

I thought it was SA LE that was leaning towards homicide, not Tempe. There are 2 separate investigations going on in 2 different states.

The Tempe PD investigation closed the day Tammi was arrested. They announced that in the press and on their website.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back